Nov 2018 Mummies

Hi,

Have all of u done your Oscar scan or Harmony test?

I did my oscar, on slightly high risk for T21. Now waiting for results from Harmony test...

How long will kkh takes to obtain the results from harmony test? Been 6 days... still waiting....

Praying hard.....

Hi to all Nov mummies....

Congratulations to all! Almost lost touch with coming to the Singapore Motherhood Forum, especially after my 3 kids, with youngest coming 6 yrs old. Expecting my 2nd princess in Nov 6.

Looking forward to knowing all mummies, pls add me in WA group or FB too.

Hi,

Have all of u done your Oscar scan or Harmony test?

I did my oscar, on slightly high risk for T21. Now waiting for results from Harmony test...

How long will kkh takes to obtain the results from harmony test? Been 6 days... still waiting....

Praying hard.....

Hi Mummy Sum05, I also went for either the Harmony or Panorama test. Had my blood drawn on 17 Apr, and received the results via phone on 27 Apr. As I'm not so young anymore! Glad all turn out well n expecting a princess as wished! Good luck to u & wish all will turn out well .... Keeping fingers crossed.

Hi Mummy Sum05, I also went for either the Harmony or Panorama test. Had my blood drawn on 17 Apr, and received the results via phone on 27 Apr. As I'm not so young anymore! Glad all turn out well n expecting a princess as wished! Good luck to u & wish all will turn out well .... Keeping fingers crossed.
Thank u @sweetstarry

Did u go for Oscar before going for harmony test?

I shd have gone straight to Harmony test instead of Oscar.

Thank u @sweetstarry

Did u go for Oscar before going for harmony test?

I shd have gone straight to Harmony test instead of Oscar.
No, didn't go for OSCAR. As its less accurate n reliable. Straight away went for the Harmony / Panorama test. But it's partly bcos its more affordable now compared to last time, plus my age factor. If u r a young mummy, most would probably jus go for OSCAR unless there's any family history.

No, didn't go for OSCAR. As its less accurate n reliable. Straight away went for the Harmony / Panorama test. But it's partly bcos its more affordable now compared to last time, plus my age factor. If u r a young mummy, most would probably jus go for OSCAR unless there's any family history.

Was ur test Harmony or Panorama?

How long does it take for u to obtain the results?

Nice to meet all Nov mummies here. I am carrying my 2nd baby (after 4 years plus) and am seeing Dr Wendy Teo at Mt E Novena during my 8 weeks (too early might not be able to detect heartbeat or see the sac). Although gynae haven't confirm my due date but according to pregnancy calendar on WebMd, it should be last week of Nov. I have a miscarriage (1mth plus old) in Nov last year (reason: likely due to chromosomal abnormalities). Thank goodness that i'm able to conceive in Feb. As i'm over 40s, I'm prepared with pregnancy insurance in case of complication that will cost me a bomb and am going to do a non-invasive prenatal test recommended by gyane. Gynae saw there's blood clog likely due to implantation during my 1st visit. So she gave me dusphaston to protect the sac. I have thalassemia traits so have taken folic acid during tic and now.

I'm having nausea 24/7, whether hungry or full. Can't eat much with no appetite but feel hungry all the time so snack with Meiji biscuit. I'm feeling tired most of the time especially morning. Hope these will ease after 12weeks. Counting down....2 more weeks to go.

If there is any whatsapp group or Facebook Group, would love to join for more support.

Hi there hang in ok I had this nausea too and was very bad till week 13. Now much better though I can’t be hungry still as will have nausea.

Just curious still can get pregnancy insurance over 40s? I’m also in my 40s second kid after 4 years. I didn’t do blood test cos gynae said not accurate so did my csv at week 11. Waiting for results next week.

Jia you all ladies!

Hello mummies! I'm 10 weeks along now and very nervous because it's my first pregnancy and sometimes experiencing cramp and pain. Was very stressed before 1st consultation as suspected it could be ectopic pregnancy due to the cramps and pain but gynae said it's normal and no cause for alarm as long as not accompanied with bleeding. Thankfully U/S shows everything is normal and even saw baby's heart beating rapidly. FTS on 16 May for down syndrome screening.

Eating very little because of loss of appetite despite having no morning sickness symptoms. Seems like the little one doesn't like rice and prefer fried and junk food a lot. Worried about nutritional deficiency, only started folic acid at week 6 and prenatal vitamins at week 9. Hoping for a smooth pregnancy. EDD 25th Nov.

Last edited:
Hi there hang in ok I had this nausea too and was very bad till week 13. Now much better though I can’t be hungry still as will have nausea.

Just curious still can get pregnancy insurance over 40s? I’m also in my 40s second kid after 4 years. I didn’t do blood test cos gynae said not accurate so did my csv at week 11. Waiting for results next week.

Jia you all ladies!

Ya although no vomiting but being nausea all the time makes me feel uncomfortable, i think probably due to age , my 2nd pregnancy seems more tiring. Snack on Meiji biscuit at least can fill my stomach from time to time.

Of course insurer will entertain anyone who are interested in their product. It's just that age will determine how much you need to pay for premium just like life insurance. I purchase pregnancy insurance last year to plan for my 2nd pregnancy and the coverage only pay for my hospitalisation fee. I didn't opt to include outpatient as more expensive.

What is "cvs"?

Heya!

I just tested positive last week too. Based on LMP, I'm 5 weeks along, but I'm probably more like 4 weeks along cos I ovulated on day 19, not 14. This is the first child for me and the hubs.

I've already gone for my first check up yesterday, but they couldn't locate a gestational sac on the transvaginal ultrasound and concluded that I am probably less than 5 weeks pregnant. I'm a little freaked out about the sac not being there, but I guess it's probably too early. Going back for my second blood test to confirm my HCG levels are doubling.

What a long first post, hello to all of you Nov 18 mummies! Would love to get tips and advice from the seasoned mummies here!

Hello PoppyMom,

Its my first post here and I'm due in Nov too! Anyway I detected my gestational sac on week 4. One day after I missed my period I went to a gynae immediately and was able to see a sac so was surprised cause some moms shared that it takes awhile to detect, good luck!

Just wanted to share my experience with 2 gynaes that I visited the past 2 months as this is my first pregnancy, am only comfortable with female gynaes so both of them are lady gynae.

Gynae A- I went to her initially and she seemed very good on the first visit but after a few visits I realise she's very very rude to her nurses (every visit I go at least one nurse will be different and they told me cause Gynae temper very bad so turnover rate quite high)

When I have problems like pain or slight bleeding she always avoid giving me a definite answer to my questions, instead she gives me a few answers that could result in my condition like as though she wasn't sure or worried she tells me the wrong answer. When she scans she doesnt explain to me anything at all, just scan and say oh, everything is ok, give me folic acid and ask me to go. The seat havent warm up yet her nurse will say everything is fine and open the door to ask me go, initially I thought this is how gynaes are until I went to Gynae B.

Also there was one time I was a little sick and Gynae A told me to go see GP instead, she not keen to see illnesses non-related to my pregnancy so I was quite taken aback. As I said this is my first pregnancy, I didn't know what to expect.

Pros: Consultations, scans and package at week 21 is very cheap and her clinic is at neighbourhood area

Gynae B: I only went to her at week 9 cause I had abdominal pain and she was highly recommended. The moment I stepped into the clinic I can feel the happy vibe from her nurses - apparently they all worked for this gynae for many years. Everyone is pleasant and helpful inside the clinic. When I entered the room, the gynae was so warm and motherly, I explained to her all my issues and she addressed each and everyone to me patiently as well as identified the problems I have immediately as well as gave me solutions to them. When she was scanning she would smilingly and excitingly share my joy, telling me, oh this is the heartbeat, listen to it ..... (whereas Gynae A when she scan she didn't even tell me about the heartbeat or let me listen) She would also take time to point out while scanning to tell me which is the yolk and where is the heart etc etc I think very importantly she identified the cause to my problems instead of Gynae A which I visited her 3 times in 5 weeks and she still can't tell me the problem.

After the whole consultation which she took awhile cause she was patiently explaining to me everything, I realised she doesnt hard sell her vitamins also - she only gave what I needed the rest she hinted where to get it cheaply whereas Gynae A gave me so many vitamins, some which I didn't even need until I showed it to Gynae A.

This week I fell sick and I thought I cannot go to gynae cause I rem Gynae A said if I'm sick I have to go to GP instead of her but I thought I call Gynae B to check first and she told me that I can see her together for my sickness since I'm there for my next checkup - Gynae B has medicine very safe for pregnant mums and if she doesn't she will get a letter to go pharmacy to get it, I was very heartened.

Overall Gynae B is excellent and brilliant, I feel very secure having her take care but the cons is that she is slightly more expensive in terms of her consultation, scans and package.

Both delivery in Mount E and Mount A, which gynae would you pick?

Just wanted to share my experience with 2 gynaes that I visited the past 2 months as this is my first pregnancy, am only comfortable with female gynaes so both of them are lady gynae.

Gynae A- I went to her initially and she seemed very good on the first visit but after a few visits I realise she's very very rude to her nurses (every visit I go at least one nurse will be different and they told me cause Gynae temper very bad so turnover rate quite high)

When I have problems like pain or slight bleeding she always avoid giving me a definite answer to my questions, instead she gives me a few answers that could result in my condition like as though she wasn't sure or worried she tells me the wrong answer. When she scans she doesnt explain to me anything at all, just scan and say oh, everything is ok, give me folic acid and ask me to go. The seat havent warm up yet her nurse will say everything is fine and open the door to ask me go, initially I thought this is how gynaes are until I went to Gynae B.

Also there was one time I was a little sick and Gynae A told me to go see GP instead, she not keen to see illnesses non-related to my pregnancy so I was quite taken aback. As I said this is my first pregnancy, I didn't know what to expect.

Pros: Consultations, scans and package at week 21 is very cheap and her clinic is at neighbourhood area

Gynae B: I only went to her at week 9 cause I had abdominal pain and she was highly recommended. The moment I stepped into the clinic I can feel the happy vibe from her nurses - apparently they all worked for this gynae for many years. Everyone is pleasant and helpful inside the clinic. When I entered the room, the gynae was so warm and motherly, I explained to her all my issues and she addressed each and everyone to me patiently as well as identified the problems I have immediately as well as gave me solutions to them. When she was scanning she would smilingly and excitingly share my joy, telling me, oh this is the heartbeat, listen to it ..... (whereas Gynae A when she scan she didn't even tell me about the heartbeat or let me listen) She would also take time to point out while scanning to tell me which is the yolk and where is the heart etc etc I think very importantly she identified the cause to my problems instead of Gynae A which I visited her 3 times in 5 weeks and she still can't tell me the problem.

After the whole consultation which she took awhile cause she was patiently explaining to me everything, I realised she doesnt hard sell her vitamins also - she only gave what I needed the rest she hinted where to get it cheaply whereas Gynae A gave me so many vitamins, some which I didn't even need until I showed it to Gynae A.

This week I fell sick and I thought I cannot go to gynae cause I rem Gynae A said if I'm sick I have to go to GP instead of her but I thought I call Gynae B to check first and she told me that I can see her together for my sickness since I'm there for my next checkup - Gynae B has medicine very safe for pregnant mums and if she doesn't she will get a letter to go pharmacy to get it, I was very heartened.

Overall Gynae B is excellent and brilliant, I feel very secure having her take care but the cons is that she is slightly more expensive in terms of her consultation, scans and package.

Hi mummy,

mind to share gynaes' name? Thanks.

Definitely gynae B. Where is gynae B’s clinic?

Hi fellow mummies, is it normal if my gynae does not give me fish oil? He has only prescribed me calcium and multivitamins. However I’ve seen other friends also having fish oil. I’m not sure if it’s necessary but curious why he’s not prescribing it.

Hi all,

I have just found out that I am pregnant recently. Should be a end Nov baby. It’s my second pregnancy. I delivered my #1 Nov 16 with Dr Wendy Teo at Mt E Novena and everything was great. With natural delivery and epidural, the total charges was around $11k before Medisave. However this yr both hospital and dr fee has increased a lot. Wendy Teo charges increased from $2900 to $3500, package from $1300 to $1700, daily visit from $250 to $300. So I am looking for a good gynae who delivers at Mt E. Hope mummies can help to recommend a gynae who:

-Patience and won’t rush through the consultation
-Packge ard $1k +-
-Delivery fee below $3k

Thank you all in advance!

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have just found out that I am pregnant recently. Should be a end Nov baby. It’s my second pregnancy. I delivered my #1 Nov 16 with Dr Wendy Teo at Mt E Novena and everything was great. With natural delivery and epidural, the total charges was around $11k before Medisave. However this yr both hospital and dr fee has increased a lot. Wendy Teo charges increased from $2900 to $3500, package from $1300 to $1700, daily visit from $250 to $300. So I am looking for a good gynae who delivers at Mt E. Hope mummies can help to recommend a gynae who:

-Patience and won’t rush through the consultation
-Packge ard $1k +-
-Delivery fee below $3k

Thank you all in advance!

Hi Jyok,

I'm seeing Dr Wendy as well, although i haven't enquire about her charges but as far as i'm know she no longer have any package. I'm going for my 2nd visit next week. Will ask again.

Hi Jyok,

I'm seeing Dr Wendy as well, although i haven't enquire about her charges but as far as i'm know she no longer have any package. I'm going for my 2nd visit next week. Will ask again.
Hi!

Thanks thanks, yes I heard she only offer the package to old patient. Do u mind take the delivery package and show w us? Thanks v much!

Love!

Hi!

Thanks thanks, yes I heard she only offer the package to old patient. Do u mind take the delivery package and show w us? Thanks v much!

Love!

Hi Jyok,

Yup will share once I have it. Btw, what do you think about Dr W and experience with Mt E Novena? Mind to share?

I am a first time Mother, please add me into the group chat :) appreciate all , my edd is 26 nov 2018 , can I ask have u found ur confinement ladies ? Any good recommendations ? I am looking at PEM confinement agency , not sure good or not

Hello everybody!! I'm Joyce here. So happy to be able to read all your stories and experiences and be on this journey together. At least i know that im not alone.. Is there a whatsapp group i can join as well? Can you add me please. My number is 82288512. Thanks!!!

Hello All.. First time mummy here :)

Congrats to Everyone too! Is there any facebook secret group for EDD Nov 2018? I would like to join to learn more from everyone.

thanks!

Hi mamas! Can I check have you guys done NIPT? Also do you guys get to select extra test besides the main chromosomes test? Like sex chromosomes testing? Is that necessary?

Doc advise not to test too much and end up getting a false positive then we worry and go for cvs which usually turns out normal.

Hi mamas! Can I check have you guys done NIPT? Also do you guys get to select extra test besides the main chromosomes test? Like sex chromosomes testing? Is that necessary?

Doc advise not to test too much and end up getting a false positive then we worry and go for cvs which usually turns out normal.

Hi ssoptt,

I just did my nipt called panorama, waiting for result. I opt for this instead of Oscar due to
my age and thalassemia traits. The test includes baby sex too.

Hi! Would like to join the whatsapp group too and I have just pm-ed ladyinbliss my number! My EDD is end Nov-early Dec and I’m seeing Dr Wendy Teo too!

Hihi
I'm providing home based Nanny service.
25yrs xp taking care of infants..Wattsap me for more info. 97327396...

Hi all.. Im new here dueing 8 nov.. I had harmont test done 7 may at kkh, does anyone know how long can we expect the results? As the counsellor was telling us results in 2 weeks, and says no news is good news.. Does 2 weeks means 14 working days? Im nervous as 2 weeks should due this week.. Thank u in advance :)

Hi everyone! First time mummy here, shld be due mid Nov. can someone add me to facebook group or let me know how to join? Anyone going to NUH for consultations and NIPT?

Hi all.. Im new here dueing 8 nov.. I had harmont test done 7 may at kkh, does anyone know how long can we expect the results? As the counsellor was telling us results in 2 weeks, and says no news is good news.. Does 2 weeks means 14 working days? Im nervous as 2 weeks should due this week.. Thank u in advance :)

Hi. They usually tell u 2 weeks but my results were out in 10 working days. N yes, no news means good news usually cos they will call u if there’s anything abnormal.

Hi Mummies! Happy to join this journey with everyone here. I would love to join the secret fb and wa group too. Thanks.

What is the timeframe NIPT results will be back?

And when no call means good news, then how did the clinc inform you that results back?

What is the timeframe NIPT results will be back?

And when no call means good news, then how did the clinc inform you that results back?

I did NIPT with KKH during week10 & was told the results will be out within 14 days. For my case, they informed me the results together with my FTS scan which was done during week13.

Hi, i’m expecting my 3rd child, due in mid nov. been a while since I looked at the Singapore motherhood forum as busy with my 2 older kids. Happy to join the group.

Back