Need help to return to Workforce for SAHM

kiki80

I am a sahm for coming 3yrs. Recently, I decided to return to workforce, but felt despised by the society, because of the 3yrs gap and will be in my 40s soon.

Does any mum face the same issue and have advice or can help?

I am a sahm for coming 3yrs. Recently, I decided to return to workforce, but felt despised by the society, because of the 3yrs gap and will be in my 40s soon.

Does any mum face the same issue and have advice or can help?

I was sahm for 5yrs. It was a transition for me though I manage to return to my old office. Boss has changed and much younger. I just try to do my job to show my own competency. After a yr, things are better.

Being at home a while and looking after a young child can throw one off so I hope you have work it out and feeling better now.

Take care!

I too found it difficult to get back to the workforce. Hiring managers, HR and recruiters are not keen when they know that I took 5 years off to take care of my kids. That’s the harsh reality.

I too found it difficult to get back to the workforce. Hiring managers, HR and recruiters are not keen when they know that I took 5 years off to take care of my kids. That’s the harsh reality.
Yes it’s true. But still possible if you get wind of word from ex colleagues if you can. Did you manage to get to work? Now may be a good time with all the hiring in place.

Hi, just chance upon this thread. And I am wanting to get back to the workforce. Been a SAHM for almost 2year.
I am having hard time to get back.

Hi Mummies,

I have chanced upon this chat.
I would like to check if mummy here are open to explore being your own boss instead of working for others?

You can join this FB group DigitalMums@work to explore opportunities.

Back