Need help ! I'm having chronic cough !

mrs_chong

I am 10weeks pregnant .I have Been coughing for many weeks .i started burping well I used to have reflux so I'm thinking maybe is my reflux relapse so I started to take some PPI .then I was down with bad flu and phelgmy cough and duck prescribed me antibiotics .the flu was gone and I'm coughing non stop ,my throat is constantly v itch and I need to cough it all out waking up in wee hours and couldn't sleep at night .i just vomitted foam substances after coughing .i feel v miserable .im seeking advice should I see a gastrologist ,gynae ,GP or respiratory doctor for this ?? Anyone went thru like me ? Really need help ?

If you have a cough following a flu, the night cough is likely to be a result of back flow of nasal fluids - usually itchy and usually when you lie down. Take a flu tablet (anti-histamine) before bedtime. It will help to dry up the nasal passage and reduce coughing.

In the meantime, 2 home remedies for cough that you could try (to be taken just before bedtime - no drinks after).
1. Onion water - roughly chop one big onion. boil in 1.5 bowl of water for 20mins. Usually left about one bowl. drink while warm before bedtime. (do not rinse the mouth or drink water afterward).
2. Manuka honey - take one teaspoon and leave it at the back of throat. Do not swallow. Goto bed. No drinks after.

You can try one first, if it doesn't work, then try the other. Both had given me instant relief from cough. total stop!

If you have a cough following a flu, the night cough is likely to be a result of back flow of nasal fluids - usually itchy and usually when you lie down. Take a flu tablet (anti-histamine) before bedtime. It will help to dry up the nasal passage and reduce coughing.

In the meantime, 2 home remedies for cough that you could try (to be taken just before bedtime - no drinks after).
1. Onion water - roughly chop one big onion. boil in 1.5 bowl of water for 20mins. Usually left about one bowl. drink while warm before bedtime. (do not rinse the mouth or drink water afterward).
2. Manuka honey - take one teaspoon and leave it at the back of throat. Do not swallow. Goto bed. No drinks after.

You can try one first, if it doesn't work, then try the other. Both had given me instant relief from cough. total stop!
Thanks for the reply 。my throat is just freaking itchy and I just need to keep coughing it out to make myself comfortable .im now seeing a respiratory doctor .really tired with all the coughing and feel v miserable

I taking western medicines can mix with onion juice ?

Onion is a common food - unless your western medicine says no onion? the French drinks "French onion soup". if you want to make it more palatable, you can put in some salt. I hate onion. but this is a lifesaver!

How long you take to recover? I really cannot stop coughing vomited many times ,the throat is very itch and it will have a sudden pierce feeling at the throat which I will cough non stop .i have not slept for more than 24hrs

Try steaming orange. Cut the off the top part, poke some holes into the flesh and sprinkle some salt. Cover the top part back. Put in a bowl and double boiled steam in pot or slow cooker for 5 mins. Do not remove orange skin as u need the citrus acid to flow into the orange juice and salt. Scoop few teaspoons to drink will do.

Back