Nausea during pregnancy

Samjo

Hello, does anyone know what can I eat or drink to make my nausea feeling better? I am currently 7weeks, and everyday feeling nausea especially after meals.

Hello, some days I feel nauseous the whole day :( It sucks. I think you might have to trial and error to see what helps you most!
Sometimes for me it's a cold drink, sometimes I boil ginger in water and sip that and sometimes it's some salty potato chips.
And yes, I eat small portions/snack/munch every 2 hours if not I feel even more sick :x

Generally, ginger (e.g. ginger tea) will do the trick but it depends on individual. Can try mints cos it does help to get rid of after taste. Some ladies said sucking ice cubes help. Like what debz89 mentioned, cold drinks may do the trick. Salty potato chips also may help. Really need to try cos everyone reacts differently.

The first trimester was really tough on me too, as above posters have said, even if dun feel like it, take some crackers or small snacks to help. My docs also recommended I snack before sleep, as morning hungers can trigger whole day nausea...

In my case, I couldn't tolerate drinking plain water, so I added a slice of lemon and it seemed to help, dietitian also recommended I take small sips of soda water.... Hang in there!!

Like what mummies here mentioned, I read that nausea can be caused by the slow down in digestion. So best to snack in small servings frequently so you don't let yourself get hungry, but don't become too full either!

Thanks all for the suggestions, I will try all these and see which one works for me. ;) going to seek for gynae this Thurs, hopefully everythg is fine. May I know when to start eating folic acid?

Actually, you can start taking folic acid asap! Some take folic acid once they start TTC. You can get them over the counter but since your gynae appointment is this Thursday, he/she will most likely issue you folic acid and prenatal vitamins then!

Thanks all for the suggestions, I will try all these and see which one works for me. ;) going to seek for gynae this Thurs, hopefully everythg is fine. May I know when to start eating folic acid?

You can start folic acid now too. The earlier, the better. :)

Actually, you can start taking folic acid asap! Some take folic acid once they start TTC. You can get them over the counter but since your gynae appointment is this Thursday, he/she will most likely issue you folic acid and prenatal vitamins then!
okie!! thank you :)

Generally, ginger (e.g. ginger tea) will do the trick but it depends on individual. Can try mints cos it does help to get rid of after taste. Some ladies said sucking ice cubes help. Like what debz89 mentioned, cold drinks may do the trick. Salty potato chips also may help. Really need to try cos everyone reacts differently.

Any brand of the ginger tea will u recommend? Is that safe to drink during pregnancy ?

I experienced horrible nausea and sometimes vomitting in my first trimester (up till mid second trimester) too... Just have to avoid taking the things that would trigger... Avoiding rice(yes oddly rice) and sour stuffs did the trick for me.. You have to recognize the triggers which would usually take some trial and error. But I heard that experiencing nausea is a good sign as it means baby if growing well! Jiayou!

Hello, does anyone know what can I eat or drink to make my nausea feeling better? I am currently 7weeks, and everyday feeling nausea especially after meals.

Hello, it is quite common for preggy mummy to experience nausea, if you have been experiencing nausea on a regular basis and out of the sudden, it just stop TOTALLY without any reason or/and other symptom. I strongly suggest you immediately go to look for your preferred gynac or KKH 24hr clinic for check.

All the best

Back