My Second Child sees me like stranger

JT Mummy

Dear all mummies,

I have 2 sons age 30 months and 12 months.
Ever since my second child was born, my elder son was so attached to me, i even have difficulties to breastfeed and pump, everytime i wake up in the night, if he cant see me, he will cry very badly, therefore during the first few months, he didint really slept well.
And so i only managed to let my second son to have fully breastmilk until 8 months.
I am very bless to have a help who helps to take care of my second son, and my husband to feed the baby during night time, everytime the moment elder son sees me carrying little bro, he will ask me to carry him and ask helper to carry little bro instead, he even stopped me from feeding.
The elder one was unable to accept the little brother, 2 months ago, he had a topic "family" in school, teacher says he addressed all the family members, cousins etc except for his younger bro.
But just about 2-3 weeks ago, he suddenly started accepting the little bro, so i thought i could start spending more time with younger son.
With him coming to 12 months old, i know i have started too late, i tried to feed him, he rejects me, i tried to carry him to slp at night, he kept on crying, until papa or helper took over.
I tried for 3 weeks daily, but no improvement.
I am starting to be so depress, felt like a 101% failed mother. Will he reject me all the way even until he is 2 yrs old??? Im really worried, down and depressed. Hoping i could get some advice.
Thank you.

Back