My girl had diagnose with Kawasaki Disease

cutekiddy

Any mummies know or come across this illness?

Kawasaki Disease is an illness that usually affects children less than 4 years old.
There is usually inflammation of the small and medium sized blood vessels in the body and may develop heart problems or coronary artery problems.

My girl had the following symptoms:

- High fever for 5 days
- Pink red eyes
- Dry red lips which bleed and a red tongue
- Skin rash
- Swollen and red hands and feet
She had seen 3 different docs than was admitted to hospital.

I had read from online that Kawasaki disease maybe cause by carpet cleaning but currently there is no scientific evidence. The day before she had high fever I had bring my girl to an indoor playgound with carpet and she was crawling/walking happily in the playground. Really don't know is it due to the carpet from the playground.

She has to take high dosage of aspirin and was not as active as before.
Doctor now said she had gallbladder hydrops after the ultrascan.Hydrops of the gallbladder is recognized as a major component of the abdominal crisis occurring in children with Kawasaki syndrome.
I am so worry will she get better.

So scary disease.....nvr heard of. If this is related to carpet cleaning, I tot it's about hygiene issues but y hv so many health complications ?

I am bringing my child to play in indoor playground too.

Will this affect all children? Cn understand your worries.....if you r still v worried, you can try to chant 南無观世音菩萨“ to your gal will be very useful with sincere heart if you can accept.

Hi mummy

My gal got it last nov and stayed for 7days. Same symptoms and on high dose of aspirin.

She is fine now and went for heart scan thrice and now fully discharged. As usual naughty and stubborn. Of course active. Dont worry. Ur gal will be fine.

Jia you.

Hi apple cherry,
Tht indoor playground which we go should hv a standard of hygiene cos need to pay for entrance fee.
Kawasaki need to be treat within 10 Days, if not the disease will attack children heart or even sudden death. 19 out of 100000 babies had this illness.
Our PD said is common to them but most of the mothers does not know this illness. I also first time come across got this scary sickness.

Hi VV,
My girl just went for the 1st echo heart scan, thanks all gods her heart is normal, no coronary artery enlarge. Now praying for her 2nd heart scan 3 mths later.
Your gal took how long to recover to her own self?

My boy got it last yr Jan & hospitalised for 5 days in KK. Was glad we went to hospital in time thks to PD who recognised symptoms. Was on aspirin for a few mths and 1st heart scan was borderline, but luckily subsequent ones cleared and he has been fully discharged.

I don't think this disease has anything to do with carpet cleaning. Its the child's body over reaction to infection.

Child will take a few wks to recuperate and regain original strength as this is a major critical illness (listed as that in insurance policy). So take care and don't worry too much if your gal is just discharged. Its norm to be feeling weak and less active initially

Hi teddybaby,
Glad to hear there is nothing to do with carpet cleaning, cos I still hv this regret feeling for bringing my girl to the indoor playground. During my girl warded in the hospital,there is another little girl 3 yrs old also diagnosed Kawasaki, her mum also bring her to an indoor playground the day before. That's where guilt started to pour onto me.

I browse through google most linked mention abt exposure of carpet cleaning even on Wikipedia and of course there is no scientific prove.

My girl had diarrhea, flu & even vomit this few days, I afraid is the side effect of the IVIG treatment. PD said maybe is the poor immune system after the disease.

Hi my gal was diagnosed with kawasaki last Wed. High fever and rashes all over.
She was given IVIG treatment on Thu.
After the IVIG, her fever still fluctuating, highest 38.1 deg.
Today, 4 days after IVIG, the rashes seems appear again and fever still there.
But doc keeps saying it's just low grade fever.. I'm really worried..
Anybody kids experience this b4. HELP!

Back