Must empty breast to not have blocked ducts?

Baby_mmmmm

I'm confused between emptying my breasts and latching on demand. I have an oversupply, and was told by the massage lady to pump and feed baby to prevent blocked ducts.

However I also know that pumping and latching concurrently could lead to stimulation and in turn more supply. That makes it a vicious cycle?

Currently I can pump 1.5L extra on top of latching baby. Tried to reduce supply by only feeding on demand, but I would have two rocks and fear for blocked ducts led me to pumping again.

Which is right?

I'm confused between emptying my breasts and latching on demand. I have an oversupply, and was told by the massage lady to pump and feed baby to prevent blocked ducts.

However I also know that pumping and latching concurrently could lead to stimulation and in turn more supply. That makes it a vicious cycle?

Currently I can pump 1.5L extra on top of latching baby. Tried to reduce supply by only feeding on demand, but I would have two rocks and fear for blocked ducts led me to pumping again.

Which is right?
Reduce ur supply by pumping less ? It may be easier to start by pumping less than going straight to just DL w/o pumping

Wow @Baby_mmmmm, you are blessed with much excess bm supply. For blocked ducts, warm compress your breasts and massage before pumping, it really helps.

Totally agree with @gammahedging. I slowly try to reduce pumping from 3x (morning, noon, and night) per day to on 2x (after waking up and before sleeping) and now only 1x after feeding baby in the morning. You're milk supply will slow down naturally if demand is not high.

Back