Mummies staying at Fernvale

Hi aquarius, u r right
happy.gif

My flats were e 1st batch in Fernvale I'm at 412B thus at tat time when we applied in yr 2000 for e flats e mkt was gd thus e prices were high too as they cater for price inflation & we selected high flr too thus high price cos e diff there then was 1k each flr.

Yup, i got fr e worksheets fr tat mummy. If u all interested i can forward to u too. Just pm me.

I bought my 4-room at 138.5K during WIS in 2004 (SAR period), but it's only 5th floor. I wonder if my flat is worth > $300K now, I see leaflets from property agents, seems like 4-rms in Fernvale can fetch ard $300-$350K. Very tempted to sell and move to a bigger house.

RR,

What is the floor area for your Hougang 5-rm? BTW, I was at the playground for the last couple of days around 7:45AM, usually I need to run to catch Bus 163 at 8AM. But my boy usually play till 8:30AM, before he goes back to bathe. I didn't go to the playground today as it's wet, but my boy accompanied me to the bus stop. See if you can catch me tomorrow
happy.gif

Crayon mum,

Your boy looks quite big huh? 3 years old? My boy is turning 2 in Jun '09, but he looks so "baby", very cartoon face.

Most likely, I'll take leave next Wed to drop by Kindertots. According to Adil, the 1st session is for younger toddlers, is it? Still thinking if my boy should attend 1st or 2nd session. My boy already know all the ABC, so hoping that the classes will teach him something else.

Hi Tigress, yes 4 rooms in FV worth more than 300k and max I think is $360k for super high floor. Low floor I think is around 310 - 330 depending on which block as well.
happy.gif

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma">keke..nan chiau paper..callie toh is my pal's gal..everafter noe her too lar..wow forwarded all over le..:p</font>

Tigress,

My boy is coming 27m... end dec 06 baby... so by sch-going age.... he's considered 3yo. He looks big in the photos i guess.. but he's actually quite small-built ... 10kg only.
sad.gif

Hmm... i din know that the earlier class caters for younger tods.. my natural choice was the 2nd session coz my boy wakes up ard 9am. hahaha..

Kindertots' curriculum is thematic.. like this mth... they are learning abt vegetable, etc... so i think ur boy will learn more than the alphabets.
happy.gif

I think Irin's flat can fetch a very gd price coz her unit is on the 21st floor. The profit margin for 4rm is indeed high... can sell at x2 the price.. I think it's worth to sell if u intend to get a bigger flat. According to my fren's agent, a flat at 5yo is the most valuable for new estates.

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma">u forgot to add...jst 'steps' to compass point! n a turn to hougang.. haha..</font>

4 room easier to sell now. 5 room a lot of units got to sell at value or below value. My friend's neighbour at 20 over floor at my blk sold their 4 room unit at $360K...around cny period.

Aquarius, i think also depend on timing. I know my neighbour sold their 5rm flat last yr for more than $405k to $410. Cant rem e exactly amt liao.

everafter, ya but actually below value and at value can still be 400k odd cos the valuation for 5 room in fv is around 400 - 430k thereabout.
happy.gif
What I noticed is valuation from 408 to 413 is slightly higher compared to 403 - 407. But slight difference only. I think is becos of the location nearer to LRT? But now want to sell, very hard to ask for high cash...nobody willing to come out a lot.

pingping,

coris is near to Buangkok MRT..
happy.gif

aquarius,

on the contrary, i prefer the cluster of 403-407... not becoz i stay there.. hehehe.. but coz it's near to the bus stop at Yio Chu Kang Rd... if i wanna go town... I actually take bus 103, 70 to Serangoon MRT station to take train instead of fr Sengkang MRT. It's faster.
happy.gif

i also notice that the flats in 408-413 commands a higher price.. i think it's coz the floor area is bigger and the exterior design of the flat is nicer? been to fren's 5rm at 413.. the kitchen is so much bigger than mine. hee...

crayonmum, ya the floor area is bigger. I used to take bus 70 to work but now change company so take LRT more. I think if want buy food then stay blk 409-413 easier cos nearer to koufu.
happy.gif

Crayonmum - Now is the sch holi for my kids, my hse is so noisy. Luckily, it is ending soon. Keke
happy.gif

Irin - My aunt is also staying there blk 976.

Vivienne,

ur 2nd one no longer in childcare ah?
happy.gif

yes.. i can imagine.. 3 boys running ard... hahaha... u will have peace on Monday again! hee...

so 'qiao' ... dat day bumped into u at LRT station..
happy.gif

hi Ping Ping, i have received such email before...haiz sad case but beside pill, is foreign element(ring) insert in the womb is safe to prevent pregnant? or no gurantee?

Hi kong,

I don't believe in anything that is foreign to the body, be it pills or a ring to be inserted into the womb, cos you will never know what are the side effects over the years of usage.

I hv read in some threads, whereby the mummies hv this foreign object inserted into their body to prevent pregnancy, but they end up pregnant and they are worried that the object will affect the baby. I don't even know how the doctor is going to remove it with the baby inside.

Nothing can guarantee 100% pregnancy proof, not even tubal ligation. If you read their inserts, they will say 99% guarantee.

Welcome Valerie!
happy.gif
how many kids do u have and how old?

Pingping,

I think the story in the link u gave is an urban legend... i.e. not a true story.
happy.gif

Crayonmum,

You are right, I read the thread again and the link provided by another mummy. It's not a true story.
Why do they term it as urban legend? Such a nice name though.

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma">gd am ladies!

wow valerie sleeps so late ah
proud.gif

hi Kong! nice to see u this morning! </font>

hi Chrisy, nice to see u too...haha...

really wonder y bb sleep better at the infant care...at home he dun sleep well...wake up every two - three hours, at infant care...teacher have to wake him up...hahah...once i even spent about an hour lookg at how the teacher handle him...super easy loh...

U living with mum in law also?

crayonmum,

Didn't see Ian at Kindertots today, Adil said ur boy is not well. How is he now? My boy likes the place, I basically have to drag him out the door when we were leaving. My only concern is that a few of the toddler were having running nose, one of them even have visible thick greenish mucas. I feel that parents should not bring their child there if they are not well. My boy is having flu as well, that's why I decided to let him start only next week.

Thanks for your recommendation. Managed to get 10% off for the fees. My boy starting his 1st lession next Mon, but he is in the 1st session. My boy wakes at 7AM everyday, so by 12 noon, he would be very sleepy liao. Hope to catch you there one of these days.

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma">hi kong,

u noe y? coz they cry more n play more in sch. tatz y much tired. keke..

my mil nt w me for now..she doing confinement for her daughter..</font>

hi chrisy, haha is it...so it is okie anot? i mena let them cry so much...tink the aunities can handle lah hor...but once when i there...got a child keep crying, i help to carry him till another teacher came over to help...haiz...good and bad bah...but so far your boy in the childcare, heard of any HMFD?

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma"> well..for my case..my kids behave differently at home n at CC lor.. at home they 'deh' me..in CC no one to 'deh' keke..

hmm..hfmd is all yr round le..n itz all over the place..nt jst at CC..so far my kids got once of the 'cousin hfmd' bcoz of sme irresposible parent still send their hfmd infected kid to sch
sad.gif

since then the mrng tcher checks from head to toe :p</font>

ya same here...but dun worry your gal behaves well...i see her behaves very well and i also ask teacher lastime...she also say your gal good...

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma">keke..like i say..gd in sch only :p back home they are terrors!! home soon
bounce.gif
</font>

ya...hmm...normally weekend u at home? or where u bring your kids?tinking if all of us can meet up and let our kids play together w other mummies here, haha...

Tigress,

yes... my boy is having cough and runny nose... yah lor.. i also noticed that some of the kids still attend sch when they have cough/flu..
sad.gif
My boy actually had cough 2 weeks back... recovered liao and after attending sch for 1 week... kena again... sigh.. I think I'll feedback to Adil abt the other sick kids.

No worries abt the rec.
happy.gif

Valerie,

I have 1 boy... 27m.
happy.gif

My free time is also late at nite when my boy has gone to bed.. and I can surf the net and do my own things in peace.. hahaha

hi Crayonmum, my two elder boys used to cough easily, especially after cold drink such to cough...i bring them to see a chinese physician at eunos and she introduce one pill for lung i think...which i tink is good...is to be taken daily. i heard that alot of ppl buy from her...my elder boy take abt half a year then i stop liao...and since then he dun get cough easily.

Oh ya, Caryonmum just to check w u...my baby is having blocked nose...do u tink i shd bring him to see doctor? or can wait till next two weeks when he go for injectn? my hubby is worried that becos of the blocked nose, cannot take the jab.
really dunno wat to do...oh ya wonder wat u do in the morning after bring your boy to sch? maybe one of these day can meet up for breakfast...this is my last week of leave liao...going back work next week...hahaha...

Kong,

Don't wait for 2 weeks later then bring yr baby to doctor, cos it can develop sinus infection. Yr baby will hv difficult breathing and don't sleep well when his/her condition worsen. I bring my kids to Yu Guo (TCM). They see babies too.

hi crayonmum,
My boy wl b startg sch 2molo...we'll b lettg him go for a 3-day wk "trial" to c if he's ok 2b 'back to sch"...hahaaa...
Adil oso gave me 10% disc, and she told me u wl get the disc too...
And i read dat u rec Tigress, mayb u shd tell Adil to giv u 20% disc instd....hehee

hi Ping Ping, omg nv knw can be that serious. tink i will bring him tmr or so...where is Yu Gao? can i knw how much they charge? so is it better to go to PD or Yu Gao...omg, so confusing...im so scared now...

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma">wow Kong u r a mother of 3 boys ah...saw ur bb this am..pretty big bb :p

PD-english practice , YuGuo-chinese practice; boils down to ur pref..keke..

my whole family on colostrum supplements to boost immure sys..hope after a yr dosage..no mre doc fees!
kao_clap.gif

</font>

Back