Mummies staying at Bt Batok/Gombak/CCk/BP/Teck Whye

Hi mummies,
Been a while since I came here though I have been reading the thread on and off..boss is finally away for holiday this week (yeah, she hardly goes on leave throughout the year!), hence less emails to work on...

Re: P1 regn
Read about it in papers..seems like SV tops the chart by having the most ballot cases, followed by Rosyth and Rulang. Can't imagine myself going through this next yr...

afcai: which sch are you aiming for your girl next year? Me not doing PV as I'm just going back to my husb's alma mater which is Princess Elizabeth. Just hoping I don't have to go through ballot when the time comes as I heard his nephew had to go through ballot this year even in Phase 2A but luckily he got in.

I had wanted St Anthony since it's so near, but they no longer accept PV whose siblings are not in sch currently. Anyway, my husb is so called an "anti-PV" person as he feels that one shouldn't be expecting sth in return since it's volunteer work, in which he's also right.

Anyone else whose kid is due for P1 regn next year? which sch are you registering?

Sneezy,
the figures are scary right? I agree.
sad.gif
Oh well, HF's son is going into P1 like yours. So is Afcai's.

Halo.. Mummies..

Hi sneezy... if your hb is alma mater of Princess Elizabeth, then just go for it..
happy.gif

Maggie.. best of luck for the balloting..

<font color="#41A317">MaggieHeng,
hmm..they sms u one...gd wor...but sian...live within 1 km also need balloting...one of my sch -Hong kah got 150 plcs and in phrase 2c, it left 130 plc and only 12 ppls registered. imagine only abt 2-3 class of kids study there and then all open to 2cs.

wow, kP, PEP and STA are the most popular in bb area. what's yr alternative if 'touchwood' one can't get in? Bvp? anyway, wish u all the best and hoping that u will secure a plc.
</font>

<font color="#C25283">Sneezy Mom,
the P1 registration made ppls anxious. sian...STA within 1 km also need to ballot. sigh....of cos, it is nearer will aim for that. there's another mum in our estate also fr PE. so she might also register there but in 2013. alma mater easier to get in then....

even doing PV does not guarantee a plc. wow, even Phase 2A still need to ballot? so popular?</font>

<font color="#7D2252">meow,
need to ballot at the phrase? see that yr idea sch also need ballot at the phrase 3.</font>

Sandy
Yeah, guess by default we will go for PE, and pray hard we don't have to go through ballot as what they had this year from what I heard.
It'll also be easier for my in law to pick the kids up if my son is in there since his cousin will be there next year.

afcai,
Yes, I agree with you it's very sian when even within 1km also must ballot..I don't remember my mom has to go through this stage at my time with my elder sisters...my husb also complained why govt can't do anything about this aspect..

go to this link which I extracted from MOE website that gives you an idea of the popularity of schools in our BB area: http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/primary-one-registration/vacancies/#bukit-batok

In fact, my son's been telling me some of his closer K2 friends are going to be in PE next year, hence, in a way, he's also looking forward to go there since his own cousin will also be there. Of course, I also know there are a few of his K1 classmates are going to be in SA since they already have elder siblings there now, hence, it's easier for them to get in there.

It's always the first one that needs to break all barriers for the younger ones to have a smoother path..for my 1st niece, she's in Rosyth now after much hassle and work, hence, it's so much easier for her 2 other younger siblings to just follow her

Yeah next yr one even better. no need to go to the schl register. Online can liao.. No need to go for hot air or raining weather... but then I dont need it for 2 child. Direct entry lor

I believe strict teachers are good for my kids and others too. they produce a time to play and a time to be serious....hehehe

anyway actually Wanted to choose BV, but I try not to as 3 bus stops away.... I know my son will be tired from walking all the way home...

suika did u take a pic of the fondant Melody? Mine is missing?? wonder did my kids delete away..
sad.gif
if u have can email me. thanks. dont have also nvm

Afcai,
my ideal school will be SV since near care giver. But that goal is impossible since its the hottest school in that zone. My gal's school need to ballot for phase 2C too eventhough we're less than 1km away. Within my vicinity i knew a few who stays within 1km and same age as my gal liao. Even my neighbour needs to ballot school too. Ever since last year, the school will need to ballot for <1km for parent who did not did PV

Hi Mummies,

I stay at BP, would like to join in
happy.gif

Like to ask any recommandation for good infant care center ard CCK or Bukit Gombak?
I have shortlisted PCF bukit Sparkletots and the moral CC centres. Any feedback?

me here juz u gals all in the PRI sch topic so mi not involved mah

hi berrypie!
u gg back work? y wana find IFC?

Hi Suika, im a FTWM, my delivery is in Nov so need to look for IFC for my #2. #1 gg to be 2yr old next month, currently is at Early Learning CC since 3mths old but this CC (CCK opp SV) no longer taking in any infants....
sad.gif

Hi Berrypie,
Would you consider a day-time nanny instead? I used to put my #2 with a nanny who stays in same blk with me at Bt Gombak and she's good. But I'm not so sure if she's interested to take in 1 more kid as I know she's taking care of 1 now? Besides my #2 back then, there used to be 3 more kids at her place out of which 1 is her grandson but she has a maid and her husb who's retired to help out. Let met know if you are interested and I can sound her out.

Sukia the above can thanks. U still abt 5yrs before ur turn for Pri1.. in a snap it will be here.

berrypie BY Panjang got lots of nanny.. u just stick a paper looking for nanny, confirm got ppl reply then u do screening.

<font color="#F75D59">this mth got 2 + 1 holiday wor....
</font>

hopefully, they will have a system like sec sch type. one dun need to source ard sch if one cannot get in. at least, with this system, parents can list 6 school of their choice (with higher priority first) and then if first one (touchwood) cannot get in then it will auto go into second one and so go....

oh...if KM within 1km fr yr plc? pray hard, he will get in...
</font>

<font color="#7E2217">ak,
Calling AK....where are u?</font>

<font color="#C25283">Sneezy mom,
thks for the link. noted and had been monitoring this link since phrase 2A.

oic..thks god...then they are not under phrase 2c then...lesser competitive. PE is also a good sch. think my ah lao 's aunt taught there if I dun remember wrongly.

dunno why lianhua and HK pri are unpopular(similar case as the bt pajang - west view sch)

yeah, it's so scary....think they shd built more school now. imagine if that the year of dragon then.....
</font>

<font color="#7D2252">meow,
oic...so when yr gar go p1, then do she need to take sch bus since she will be at yr caregiver's plc mah...

hmm...among the sch in cck, Kranji (even they have 240 plc at the beginning) and Tech whye are the most unpopular similar case as lianhua and HK at my side.</font>

Thanks sneezy for ur recommandation but i prefer IFC. BTW, nanny stay at Bt Gombak is consider far for me...as i stay at Senja area.

afcai, yeah but they still testing out system. by 2016 all schls will have online register. Btw, our area only BV started the Ipad thing already for Pri 1.

morning! last day of "relax" before my boss returns to office tmr! But I bet tonight I will see flood of emails when she returns home...

Berrypie,
No prob. Good luck in your IFC search or perhaps adopt Sandy's suggestion in posting for nanny in your area, as I'm not familiar with IFC.

afcai,
yeah, I'm also surprised why Lianhua is not popular..I used to have a close friend who teaches at LH who commented that LH is better than PE (not just becos' she taught there; she used to teach at LH but is currently taking a long break due to some personal reasons). Still, I would choose PE since it's more along the way for my husb to drop my son before he takes the PIE to work

wow, u got a lot of lobang and very knowledgeable wor...very active sahm leh...
</font>

oh, no wondered u can go online...seldom see u here...

prayed hard will get in the idea sch next yr...if not, my sec opt is Dazong. need to take sch bus liao....

I find that LH sch design is rather colourful when I happened to take feeder bus passed by. dazong also will be a Brand new sch when it moved back end of the yr. will be single session.

yeah, guess PE is still yr idea choice due to conventient. so yr mil will be fetching yr boy or take sch bus?</font>

<font color="0077aa">sandy,
gd that yr boy settle his p1 issue. then will be relaxing for the rest....

I prayed that next yr, sure kana ballot within 1km...hope to win the ballot...</font>

Sandy, I reali hope my son will get in sv but chances is vy slim. Guess most probaly hv to do pv liao... As we live abt 1.43km away fm sv..not sure west view good anot if not my second choice is Henry park..still hv 2 yr to decide which school to do pv. Ur son is so fortune to get in sv..envy!

Maggie, u r vy updated as a sahm...my friend wasn't as good as u. I always hv to update her what's gg on...

Afcai.... yes.. a load off my shoulder now.. and the 2 sisters will follow..

No worry.. next year.. maybe won't have so many..people registering.. *cross fingers*...

berrypie.. For SV.. think you need to start early.. I heard their PV intake is as early as 2years before the registration starts.. if not will be full.. you may wan to check first..

No need to envy.. all schools are good schools la.. think individual is more impt..
happy.gif

Sandy, is it too early to start PV cos my son will be under 2016 registration? Keep us update yah..since ur son wil be studying there
happy.gif
Thanks in advance...

Boss not yet in as she was still working on emails at 2am this morning! So, can come in for a while..

afcai,
Haven't discussed with in law how logistic is by the time when my son goes P1. We will see how his cousin's arrangement will be for next yr and decide there and then. Think by that time all P1 will be single session, isn't it?

Anyway, which is your ideal sch since I don't remember you saying it?

Sandy,
I do agree with you that all schs are good schools; most importantly is the individual. I remembered last time my ex-colleague did so much to get her son into Nanhua Primary and was so boastful about it but eventually her son went into a normal neighbourhood secondary sch as he didn't do well in his PSLE.

There are also cases whereby kis go to normal primary sch and still end up very smart and excel well in studies and career!

Sneezy, to me teachers are more impt whether in sap schools or normal schools, they must hv patient and passions for our children...one of my friend was fm a sap school, thou her children can hv a direct entry but she sent them to normal school. She told me sap schools hv alot of homeworks n pressure/peers on ur child to upkeep their image and overall performers of the school if ur child does nt perform well, they will not bother abt ur child..mommies will oso be stressful..mayb that what's happened to your ex-coll's child too.

my updates not new lah.. I needed to see their web so just happen to see. When I was 18, I dont like to study but very good in hands craft etc things lah....

I thick skin lah, I always ask Q&amp;A one lah.. So thats how I know. I even know LianHua teachers as 1 of them is my frequent buyer for butter cookies hehehe

Good News, my son entered Keming, and I forget today results out, those grandma's whom pick kids up tell me one, so I just called n his in... So happening N relieved no need to go through balloting again...

Sandy, just check SV homepage..for P1 admission in 2014, applications for PV will begin from 1 Apr 2012 till 30 Jun 2012..i hv to wait for another 2 yrs.

Halo.. Mummies..

Hi berrypie.. sure.. feel free to enquire on anything that you are not sure...

For the PV tingy, yup.. just monitor..

sneezy.. I agree with what you have written..
happy.gif

Congrats.. maggie.. now you can njoy the weekend..

wow, yr network very huge wor.... congrats...felt relived for u...won't u worry b4 that? will they sms u the result?
</font>

<font color="#F75D59">berrypie,
my friend who is gg to be teacher say that pri sch dun really matter a lot....but most impt is secondary sch.

MOE website stated that "All our primary schools have good teaching staff and the resources to deliver a quality holistic education to our children, and there are sufficient places in our schools to cater to all Singaporean primary school-going children."http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/primary-one-registration/vacancies/
</font>

hmm...dunno when PS or ST A operate in single session? hopefully, it will be single session better. of cos, the most conventient and a stone throw away is my idea sch. I prayed hard, my gar will get into it.

now, our side left the most popular LS and HK the most vacancy while bt panjang - west view. no wonder now I understand why some ppls in our estate choose WV. yeah, true, neighbourhood sch may produce "STARS" (aka top scorers).

like today Straits times reported that this boy fr normal E3 streaming also can study up to PHD and then got the A*star scholarship to Oxford U.
</font>

<font color="0077aa">Sandy,
ai-yo...but 4 yrs history had proof that it needed to ballot within 1km liao. newspaper reported that even bt pajang new sch - becan also popular. those not in PSLE range type also popular...due to young couple in the estate.

think more sch, ccc and elderly home shd be built.

hmm SV operate at Double Session. what is Double Session (me understand single and partial single)?

re:pv.
I missed the period cos not sure how to apply...anyway, pray hard...

</font>

Halo.. Mummies..

Afcai.. new school is popular.. cos is nearer to home.. thou no history of the PSLE results... is because is new.. facilities.. and all others.. become attractive..

Double session means morning and afternoon..

Think come 2016..all Pri.. will operate in single.. session..

Afcai, actually I dont even intend to register him for that schl. actually registering him at Bt Timah, but his chinese teacher wanted him together with her girl so tuition also easy mah.

After u register, they will sms u abt balloting, then on day of balloting in the afternoon, they will tell u successful a not in the balloting.

Will be enjoying from tmr onwards... I gotten too much angry birds cupcakes order. Am taking 3 days break(from monday)...AHHH making me crazy...

<font color="0000ff">gain iq kid 1.8kg is having promotion cost $55.80 at NTUC till 31/8.

if anyone have the $5 off straits times voucher dd 4/8, more 'wu hua' using it.</font>

hmm...registered at Bt timah will be far away comparing to KM?

gd mah...that's mean great business...more income...
</font>

Back