Mummies staying at Bt Batok/Gombak/CCk/BP/Teck Whye

Hi Sneezy mom,

heard tat carpe diem is a very good childcare too.

Can share with us what they teach at carpe diem, the environment and school fees ?

Afcai,

Kekekeke.... Will start to bring my girl down to playground soon when she can walk. She is learning these couple of weeks... only last friday then she can finally stand on her own. Actually I suspect she can walk liao but she got no confidence, she will only walk if she can hold on to my fingers.
So the playground at 392 there is quieter?

Apple Tree - I think last time there used to be an Apple Tree in CCK. At this bomb shelter at 273. I thought I remember them being in Apple Tree tracksuit. But dunnoe if now still got??

I think I saw there is a branch at the HDB building beside lot 1 shopping centre. saw something like Apple Tree in the directory list yestreday.

CLY,

How much does Imagine That cost huh? It's 15-week sem right? I've been wanting to find out for a few weeks but always forget to enquire when I go down for class.

Hi Susan,
My boy will only start at Carpe Diem around May as he's yet to turn 18 months old. Hence, I can't really comment much on it.

As far as I know though I didn't ask the nephew's parents since I hardly see them except their kid who stays at my place, the centre has various themes at diff period, so kids can learn diff things. They also arrange outings to visit places and stage performances done by kids, etc. In the centre itself that I went the other day to take a look, it has segregated areas for diff groups to learn diff things, depending on kid's age & learning pace. Each teacher takes care of a small group of kids (about 5-6, I think).Fee is about $400/month after subsidy for half-day childcare and about $800 for full day.

Susan,
The amount includes uniform & other misc stuff. The average price now as far as I know is $350+. I actually went to Just Kids too but price is even more ex than Carpe Diem! Well, at least $400 is cheaper than those "branded" schools featured in Sunday Times the other day which cost is equivalent to undergrad school fees ;)

Kekekekeekeke.... actually I was quite surprised by the pricing of the "branded schools", esp Pat's Schoolhouse. I thought it was more expensive than $1340 for full day childcare. You should have seen my hubby's face when I told him that I didn't think that price for Pat's Schoolhouse is exp.

Sneezy mom,
From what you say Carpe Diem sounds quite ok.
happy.gif
Hope your boy enjoys himself there!

My hubby keep telling me that he just want to send my girl to the Sparkletots at Blk 386. Luckily my workplace got subsidised childcare, so I can send my girl here instead.
happy.gif

CLY,

Thanks for the info! Wah, actually when calculated Imagine That is cheaper than Village per lesson. Kekekekeke... Is there a big difference between Imagine That and Village?

For Imagine That. The child will attend the class without parent for the first 30 mins. The parent will join in the class for the last 15 mins. The class is conduct differently compare to Village. Alot of pretend play base on imagaination.Most of the week,we are ask to do some work at home and bring back to class next week. Example, For Cities theme, one of the week is to make a buiding for the cities. you can use lego, cartons box etc, up to yr imagination to make a buidling.
Hope you can get what I'm saying.

<b>goodview mummies,
anyone want to lobang to buy eu ren sang brown rice, will be getting at a discount of 20% then? pls let me know by this fri and pm me with yr contact loh. thks.

Susan,
no lah, I'm staying at gdview gdn.

sneezymom,
where is carpe diem cc?
yr kid is at cc but looking after by yr in laws? hmm...is Apple tree a child care ctr? wow, the Carpe diem price seem very ex wor...how is yr boy rection when he first go to ccc?

Pauline,
who is terrier? living at gdview gnd also??

ClaireMummy,
my gar started to walk when she is 13mth 1 wk but till now, she is still like drunkard, anytime can fall down. she fell down a few times, knocked her chin till purple man....and then also knock her head. yup, true, when my gar started to walk, she kiasu and dun dare to take few step, so we encourge her by holding onto her hand, clap for her (she will be excited and then forgotton and walk a few steps before she topped down) etc.

yup, the playgnd at blk 392 is very quite.

is Sparkletots at blk 386 under PCF or private?

happyfeet,
do u know how much do one need to buy to be a member of Eu ren sang? cos recently, I bought 10 tins of eu ren sang brown rice powder $100++.

cLY,
where is the village? is is a ccc or playgrp?

CLY,

Thanks for the info!
happy.gif
heehee, I think I will try out the class for one sem and see when my girl turns 18months.

afcai,
Sparkletots is under PCF...
The Village CLY and I are talking about is the name of the newborn-18months class at Kindermusik, which is called Kindermusik Village. My girl attending that now.

Kekekekeke... my girl now likes to slide down the bed because we have been trying to teach her how to climb down safely, so we will put her halfway down and let her slide down. When she reach the floor we will clap, then she's very happy also.

Hi Afcai &amp; girlboy_mummy,

"Village" is the kindermusik programe for Age Range - newborn to 18 months.

Then will proceed to "Our Time" for Age Range - 18 months to 3 years.

My girl is now in "Imagine That" for Age Range - 3 to 5 years.

After that will be "Young Child" Age Range - 4.5 to 7 years.

you can find ot more from here: http://www.kindermusik.com.sg/

Wow, like selling the kindermusik programe for them. Well, I don't mind if mummies who signed up new programe put my name as reference so that i can get $20 voucher to deduct for next terms. Ha.. ha ... ha...

Actually am thinking of switching my girl to Yamaha little note which is cheaper and later she can proceed to keyboard but our this area also don't have Yamaha school rite? so just hang on to Kindermusik first since my girl love it.

CLY,

aiyah, I keep mixing up Imagine That and Our Time. LOL. I remember last time Clementi (above NTUC) used to have a Yamaha? Dunnoe if it's still around or not?

girlboy_mummy,
think CLY has given very good intro of Kindermusik. Heehee.

Hi Clairemummy,

remember to sign up a good teacher for your trial class or else you will be wasting time.

Teacher Rose - is also not my cup of tea. Boring ...

so far I only know, Ms Huzzy or Miss Yim Chin. They are popular, class always full ....

claireMummy
so far, my gar when reach the edge of the bed, just hang there and will look at u and then think she remember what she told her b4, she will knock her head if she just fall off the bed and she will place her hand onto her head to indicate knocking head action. for my gar, my mum taught her how climb down safely when she climb the sofa.

yup, yamaha at clementi is still ard.

CLY
thks for the updates. I tot those names are playgrp or ccc name. hmm can choose yr own teacher one meh?

CSI_Fan
welcome welcome. how old is yr kid?

Hi afcai,
There are many outlets islandwide, but the outlet nearest our place is at blk 318, BB St 32. My boy will only start cc sometime in May, hence, don't know how he will react as he sticks to me like superglue. Currently, he's at home &amp; taken care of by in law. Sending him to cc is actually for him to learn more things rather than staying at home &amp; also to relieve my in law during daytime.
As far as I know, Apple Tree is more of a playgroup, and not childcare; it's more of a 2 hour playtime per day for kids but think they are only opened on weekdays and not weekends as far as I recall now.

Hi mummies, I heard of a few home based teaching in the east area, eg right brain, music, etc. Anyone knows if there are any in the west area? East is so far.
sad.gif

Jvenus,

What kind of home-based teaching are you looking for? My colleague's 5 yr old is currently attending classes at iCreative Learner, which is home-based, and they go to the teacher's house in Ghim Moh every week. It's more of literacy classes for kindergarten childen. According to my colleague, iCreative got classes all over the place, since all are homebased.

afcai,

hahahaha. You know, everytime we clap for my girl when she does something, I will remember the scene from Xiao Hai Bu Ben 2, where they say how everything babies do are amazing to the parents, but somehow we will forget to encourage them after they grow up into schoolgoing children. Think it's true lo. But hope I will not become like that in future...

Hi Clairemummy,
Ya, got the link fr CLY,thank you

Hi CLY,
Thank you for the link.
Wow, Tanglin Mall very far...,If i go on weekday , scared dun hv enough time come back to fetch my girl from school.

Actually last year i oso intend to let my girl attend Yamaha at clementi but their class in PM ard 7-9pm,very late la. Now dunno they hv AM class or not , so i can let her go then direct go to school.

Afcai,
My boy was in Apple tree playgroup last two years then last year Nursery at Apple tree CCK but only 1st term then i transfer him to BPMC kindergraten. At apple tree CCK i find their teacher not so good but now i dunno. Maybe they hv change teacher.

clairemummy, like right brain training, music lessons (not yamaha school type), flashcards, etc. what does ICL do exactly?

Jvenus,

I'm not sure exactly, but you can check out the weblink provided by CLY.
happy.gif
From what I know they are more of a literacy programme for kindergarten children, they are very academic-based and focus on teaching reading, writing.

How old is your child?

Hi ClaireMummy,

for the iCreative Learner, do u mean the child will go to the teacher's house to learn, instead of going to the school ?

i went to the iCreative Learner website, under pre-school, it shows one of them is Ghim Moh. but it didnt state its address.

so actually how does this iCreative Learner works ?

any1 can advise.

Susan,

Yeah, the child goes to the teacher's house for lessons. I can ask my colleague for more details if you like. They have worksheets to do to help them in their reading and writing. They are asked to read out loud and also to draw pictures to represent the passages/rhymes they read, thereby stimulating their imagination. It's very school-like, but seems quite effective. Think the programme starts from when the children are 4 years old.

oh yeah, the lesson is once per week, think one hour. But at very reasonable rates.

Oh, and each week the teacher will also give out flashcards so that parents can reinforce at home what the children were taught that week. But flashcards must return one. And the children are also given some homework.

Click on the link below and follow the instructions. It's a
good trick! See if you can figure it out. (I have!!)

http://www.quizyourprofile.com/guessyournumber.swf

sneezymom
thks for the updates. hmm..my mum told me that it is better for my gar to attend class after 3 yr old cos she scared the ccc not so hygenic etc...scared kid will get sick easily.

Jvenus
same same, I also would like to find out also....

claireMummy
true hor...we also clap for my gar when she does something then she will be veri happy and this will build up the confident. me too, hope I will also not be like that in future.

girlboyMummy
oic. so how is yr boy reaction when he join the playgrp/class? scared my gar will scream via crying loh cos she got stranger anxiety since 5.5mth but now still got a bit but not so jialat.

terrier
congrats! so yr no 2 is a boy or gar?

happyfeet
with regards to the Eu Yan Sang receipt, u temp kept it first, let me check out with eu ren sang over this weekend when I went west mall to see how much do I need to be a member. thks.then will let u know next week.

Back