Mummies staying at Bt Batok/Gombak/CCk/BP/Teck Whye

Hi mummies,
would like to exchange 5 pieces of L size huggies dry or NTUC brand with 5 pieces of L size Pet Pet cos wanted to give my gar a try before buying it. anyone wanna to exchange? I'm staying at Goodview gardens.

Hi afai,
Thanks for the encouragement. I do bring my son outdoors, to the playground and supermarket weekly. In child care, the teachers and I tried to humour him and play with him and give him lots of toys but he still does not want them. Sometimes, he just wants his own toys/things In shopping centre, sometimes he is not interested in toys, so hard to bluff him over with toys. He loves to watch VCDs (those with music and rhymes but he cannot watch it in the child care). I will see how my boy will react tmr...i got a feeling i'm going to take him out from child care.......he got this fear factor in him...i dun know y......You want to try Pet Pet M size? I can give you 1 pcs to try. up to 11kg

Hi Ling,
thks for the offer. I dun think my gar can fit m size now cos she has fat thigh.

hmm...who is his main caregiver previously? maybe u can ask the main caregiver to bring her to the child care ctr. dun the teacher do something abt it? hmmm but still need to input a lot of encourgement word to yr boy, think yr boy lack of security and more on introvert side.can an adult accomopany the child at the chld care ctr? which child care u enrol? ? tell him mummy will be back loh and ensure that u will be bck.

Hi Ling,

In fact, I intend to enrol my 2 yrs old boy in those full day child care centre and start his N1. However after deep consideration, consultation and some arguments, I have to drop the idea and defer till 2009. Reason being let my boy enjoy his childhood.
happy.gif

Also, cos my mum is taking care of my boy so I can set my mind at ease. Unless you have someone at home to take care of your bb.

Hi afai and Mary,

You see, my son is hard to comfort. The teachers are kind but my son is kind of stubborn. He is smart too. No matter how much coaxing, it is useless. Even toys and sweets cannot pacify him.

Moreover he is one who needs a lot of security as he is very attached to me. He is 19mths now but I took care of him for 10mths+ myself.

At home, I got difficulties getting him to do things that he dose not want to. He does not like being in a child care, due to fear I think. He loves freedom.

When we are taking the route to the child care, he will start to shake his head to indicate that he does not want to go to school. At home, he is as happy as a lark.

He used to be cared for by my maid and my MIL, but now my MIL may not take care of him. She is old.

I still have a 3 mths old girl as home. But how can I leave my girl and my boy with a maid? My mum leaves in the east, so she cannot take care of my children. Sometimes, she will come over only.

I wish to let my son enjoy his childhood but there is no one to look after my boy. I'm going back to work in Jan.

My maid is asking me not to bring my son to school if he cries for more than 2 weeks. She feels sad too.

How I envy those SAHM. I wish I'm one too if I can afford too.

Hi Ling,
hmm...see tat yr maid dotes on yr boy loh..if that so, maybe if u trust yr maid well, then maybe u can leave yr boy to yr maid but maybe with yr mil as a supervior to the maid. think yr boy still need to time to adapt to the new environment, trust, security etc... maybe u can accompany him a few hrs at the child care ctr and then disappear and then told him u will come bck. of cos, u have to make sure u come bck. we cannot always protect them 24/7 so one need to let them cry and then maybe the kid will tend to forget once they are on their own for a while. last time, my sisand myself were also like that even pri one, mum let us cry for a few days and then we are ok after a while.

any decision from yr hubby?

same same i also envy those SAHM. but those SAHM said it is not easy to be sahm loh.

Hi Mary,
but gg to N1 is to let the kid to be independance mah and also be social and more open. scare next time, like me last time, cry cry even when i attended pri one.

Hi afai,

I cry when i'm in P1 too. I will see how the situation goes. I had been with him for 5 days in child care and he cried to get out of the centre everyday although I was the one taking care of him when he was there for the 1st few days. He did not want the teachers.

On the contrary, I can say that my boy is quite independent. I brought him to a baby gym. He roamed round the whole place by himself.

Ai yo! Now he is happily playing with his toys. Tmr, another episode of crying.

I try to make alternative arrangement. My son is not really for school yet for what I can see. Hope my MIL can come over.....

Hey Ling!

Surprise to find that you send your older boy to the childcare. I'm sending mine next mon! I'm also very nervous abt it, afraid how my boy is going to cope.

Don't envy SAHM, although I'm one, but I can't cope now that I'm heavily pregnant. I have no choice but to send my boy to childcare, which initially was very reluctant to do so. I can't bear the fact my boy going be there most part of day without mummy around. I guess that's why your boy fear so much. I read that ard 18mths is the peak of separation anxiety.

U know there's one evening when I push my boy in stroller and pass by your blk. And I thought I met you, you were with your maid, boy and daughter. Don't know if that's really you.

Hi terrier,

I saw a mummy too and it did cross my mind that you might be one of the mummies in the forum. Where did you enrol ur boy?

Hi Ling,
my col also shared with me her experience when she placed her son in the child care ctr. before she enrol her son into the child care ctr, she and her hubby took leave to accompany her son for 2 wk and consistent told him he is a big boy and will be gg to a plc where they are lots of kids. previously, her son is taken care by nanny. she started him with the half day care in the child care first. for the first few days, the mummy accompanied the son and then slowly only 4hr and later after 1 mth, she enrol her full time. at first, her son also not get used to the envirnoment kept clinging onto the parents. but after the crying for a few days, he was ok liao.

she told me the kid needs time to adapt to the new envirnoment and the new caregiver. is the teacher not gd there? i mean fierece? cos she told me it may be the teacher or maybe u want to change to another child care ctr since he has no problem gg to bb gym.

maybe u enrol yr son half day there to start with first loh or alternate day to and fro to mil's hse etc and then bck to child care.

Hi afcai,

I accompany my son there everyday for 7 days already. The teachers are nice. It's my son. He cries when we approach the lift. I put him there for 40mins everyday. Haha...crybaby I can say. He is very attached to me. Sleep with me on my bed since 2 mths old.

hi,
wow, slp with u on yr bed. haaa, my gar only get to slp on the master bed on sun morning or nap time if she has difficult slp. i will lie down to slp with her and she will doze off veri fast.

my other col also share with me that her daughter last time also cried for 2mth. that time, her daughter is 2yr old and she told her that be ''guai guai' listen to teacher loh, mummy will come and fetch u and buy u goodies if u dun try loh. then after work, my col will buy her goodies and ask her teacher do she cry. the teacher then said no, of cos, my col praise her and fr then onwards after that, she adapted to the new envirnoment. after a while, she even dun wan to go hm.so this take a while for a kid to adapt to the new envirnment. she told me that we must not cry in front of them or else the kid will know that we adult has soft heart and then that is. this happened to her sister so in the end, her sister quit the job and then look after her kid. so we must be harsh and not softhearted (know that it is not easy to do but...no choice, think the impt pharse will be over) then.

Hi mummies,
Have a tins of friso 3. expiry date is 15/3/09. wanted to exchange for gain iq.anyone wanna to exchange?

Also I would like to exchange 5 pieces of L size huggies dry or NTUC brand with 5 pieces of L size Pet Pet cos wanted to give my gar a try before buying it. anyone wanna to exchange?

I'm staying at Goodview gardens and can also meet up at bt batok mrt on sat evening.

Hi Ling

Haha, seems that we both had same thoughts when we pass by each other! I could sense that when I saw your facial expression.

I am enrolling my boy to the PCF CC. Is your boy there? It's good for within walking distance.

How come you only put your boy for 40mins everyday? I was told by the supervisor to put for 3 hours and I accompany him. Don't know how that is going to turn out.

Hi terrier,

My son is now at PCF sparkletots at blk 395A. He is there for an hour today. I'm giving my son some time to get used to the envirnoment there. As he does not want to eat his lunch, so I usually bring him there at 10am and bring him home for lunch. It's best to leave him there for 3 hours but I got no choice. He cries and cries.

Dun worry, every child behaves different. aybe your child will like it there. :D

Hi Goodview Garden Mummies,

Anyone got SnS stamps for exchange/ give away? I'm halfway through the collection for Dec.

Why can't they reduce the number of stamps? It's so hard to collect 12 stamps in a month!

Regards,
Ling

Ling

My son has been sick for a few days already. I am postphoning his trial till after Christmas. Hopefully still have sufficient time for him to get use to the new environment.

Hi terrier,

Got see doctor?....Hmm I see many babies and mummies getting sick. Hope your baby is well by now. My son is still crying till he has a hoarse voice. When he is at the cc, he will just lie down at a corner on his pillow and cry till I pick him up. I guess I have to stop bringing him there. He does not interact with anyone and does not eat when he is there. Y? I ask myself. When he goes out of the cc, he behaves differently. So bubbly and cute.

Hi Ling

Oh dear, I feel sorry for what your son is going through. guess your son still not ready to go CC yet. So what's your plan now? I also got to think of contingency plan in case my son can't adapt well too. In fear, I am very fearful that this is going to be the case too as my son is very very sticky to me.

Ya, he's recovering quite well now.

Hi Ling

Oh dear, I feel sorry for what your son is going through. guess your son still not ready to go CC yet. So what's your plan now? I also got to think of contingency plan in case my son can't adapt well too. In fear, I am very fearful that this is going to be the case too as my son is very very sticky to me.

Ya, he's recovering quite well now.

Hi Everyone (esp Goodview Garden mummies),

Anyone keen in using Nepia S? I bought too many packs and my girl girl cannot wear them now. Dun know what to do with them.
sad.gif

I've got 2 BN packs (w/o seals). Anyone wishes to exchange them with bigger size diapers (M/L/XL -Pet Pet/MP). Please PM me. Thanks!

Hi girlboy_mummy ,

I've PM you. Thanks!

Giving away $4 discount fragrance (xiang wei) coupon. valid till end of feb 2008. can used to buy "rou gan" or pork floss.

interested, collect at Goodview Garden.

Hi Ling & afcai,

I had enrolled my boy to the Little Learners at Hong Kah North CC. It's a 2 hours session. Yesterday was his 1st day in class. Hmm... he did not cry or make noise. Instead, he is happy.

But he don't seem to mix around with other kids. Perhaps is 1st day. Hope he can slowly adapt it.
happy.gif

Hi Mary,
oic. gd progress man....yup, think kids usually need time to warm up.hmm..are u a sahm? hope my gar is not like that cos till now (she is gg to be 13mth next wk) still got some stranger anxiety. she will cry till very jialat if she sees someone (esp guy) she dun like.

Hi Ling,
Can share with me how's PCF Sparkletots at Blk 395A? Is it a playgroup for 2-3 hours in the morning only?

Hi Terrier,
Where is PCF CC and can share how's the environment like?

Thinking of sending my boy who's turining 15 months next week to half-day childcare as would prefer somewhere nearby to save the convenience. His cousin is in Carpe Diem but am browsing around for alternative nearer site to Goodview Gardens.

Hi Mary,

Wow your child is very steady. Good for you! As for me, I'd withdrawn my boy from the child care. He went there for close to 2 weeks and his behaviour changed tremendously. It worsened as days goes by. My boy just could not adapt to the changes and environment.

My HB happens to befriend a child psychologist who he has met recently. Since my son is not really for school, I shall not force him. Now, he is better when he does not need to go there again. At least he slept throughout the night these two days.

Hi Sneezy mom,

PCF Sparkletots is a child care centre. Most parents put their children there as there are no one to look after their children. I place my child there to expose him to more friends and to learn to be more independent.

The teachers and principal are quite friendly. The place is clean and well-decorated and the students look obedient, esp the older ones.

The children are well taken care off in certain ways however if your focus is on your child's academic, then I would not rate it as excellent for the toddler's class. Okay, but there is room for improvement. It depends on your objective.

Morning is quite chaotic for new comers as not all teachers start work at 7am. Thus, the teachers who are there early are very busy in the morning.

What do the toddlers do in the morning?
Between 7 to 10+
Play/listen to story/eat breakfast/art

Between 10++ to 12+
Lunch/bathe/play

Between 12++ to 2++/3
Play/sleep

BTW, 15mths old toddler has to be in the infant class.

mummies
just for info, there is a promotion of Nepia diaper/pullup at NTUC selling 2 pcks for $26.x5 till next wed. grab it man...

Hi Ling,
Tks for sharing. Ok, will think about it.

Didn't really want to put my son so early in childcare too but not much of choice since my IL are not really that willing to take care of him now.

Like you, would like to expose him to more kids as he sticks to me like supper glue and realise he doesn't really know how to interact with other kids. Brought him once to playground downstairs. All he did was to cling tightly onto a railing and stared at the other kids playing without moving an inch.

Hi Gd view garden mummies

Do you dine at 395 cofi shop? Haha some time i went there eat and saw some mummies there with their kids. Haha I will start wondering is that mummies from this forum too :p

Hi mummies,

Anyone has spare Giraffe bag from Abbott GROW 3 formula milk to give away? It is the bag that comes together with a 1kg tin of GROW.

As i looking for my sister's daugther (8) & son (9) which they like it very much but too bad as my son only 16 months. it too early for me to purchase the milk powder now.

Any mummies can help? Pls email me [email protected]

Thanks

hi mommies, anyone can recommend a good maid agency or maid who wished to be transferred? i'm looking for an experienced maid to help my mom to take care of my 2 mths old baby. i'm staying @ BP. pls PM me the contact if u can help. thks!

Hi girlboy_mummy,

Thanks! I would like to have them.

Hi Mummies,

Does anyone want a complimentary student's membership card? It's valid till Dec 2008. 10% discount for some items.

Hi mikiko,
i seldom go 395 cofi shop to dine cos not much thing to makan. I always go the the coffeeshop on sun morning further down (the one with good chicken rice) near supermarket and facing the open space.

hi afcai

Sun sometime we go there eat also. Haha maybe we walk past each other before or perhaps we even share the same table before :p

Hi mikkio,
how old is yr kid? I always carry a blue sling and a pink small bag. my hubby will carry my gar.

Hi (esp gdview gnd mummies),
Giving away $2 discount voucher for Enfagrow. expiry date is 26/2/08 + 2 sample sachet Enfagrow A+ stage 3 . expiry date 11/7/08. appreciate if anyone giving me 3 L size pet pet diaper cos intending to try pet pet for my gar(switch from NTUC brand).

thks a lot!

Hi Mary,

Guess all mothers are alike. Wanting their children to have some social skills and to widen their exposure. Do you stay at Goodview Garden?

Hello Mummies,
(I'm not sure if can post here..a bit "pai say")

I just started to stay home..I'm giving tuition...does anyone needs a tutor? I'm staying @ Bukit Panjang..can PM me..thanks..

Hi
anybody with kid(s) attending K1 this year around CCK?
am looking for a reasonable place to send my daughter.
thanking you in advance

Hi Ling,
next time, my gar can walk liao (gg to be soon), if u dun mind will chio u out to the playgnd loh so that the kids can mingle ard.

Hi Ling,
Sorry ya, now then reply u.
I was busy with my kids on last week. Need to send & fetch them school.

Just sms me when u got free time to collect the stamp from me. ok.

Back