Morning sickness

mmmgal

Hi, I am in my 8wks. Been losing alot of weight, nausea, feeling poorly, fatigue and loss of appetite since week 5 and got worst from week 6 onwards.

I have been feeling extreme fatigue the whole day and no amount of sleep seems to be enough. And I feel poorly as if I am sick. Is anyone experiencing the same symptoms?

Is it normal?

Hi, feeling fatigue, nausea, loss of appetite is normal during 8 weeks stage. So, my advice is you take lots of rest, sleep early, eat many small meals especially when you feel hungry. I used to eat every 2-3 hours small snacks (eg. 1 slice bread, biscuit, muesli bar, etc. or a chicken wing ( i had craving for this), milo or oats drink or eat a few spoonsful of rice/porridge etc.) as I felt nausea and I cannot eat properly and was always bloated every time i eat something. You need to see what food u can or cannot eat. For my case, I used to love fish but I can't take any fish during this period. My gynae says is normal, just eat what you like eating at this time. If you visit gynae, tell your symptoms, and gynae may give you some medication suitable for pregnant ladies. I used to take nausea medication at night for close to a month and also took gaviscon for bloating problem. Symptoms should get better as you move to 12 weeks. Take care and rest well. :)

Thanks for your advice. I will try but sometimes the mention of food gives me the nausea feeling that just puts me off. You know what I sometimes crave for popcorn chick just like you (chick wing).

I have been resting alot while WFH, which is a good thing, been sleeping alot and extreme early.

I got to give it to all mother and mother to be, how do they manage morning sickness while in the office. Kudos to all Mama!

I’m also constantly feeling tired, bloated, not much of an appetite but forced myself to eat small meals and can’t stand certain smells. Currently at 8 weeks +. Really hope this phase will be over soon. All the best to us!

I didn’t have morning sickness.. thankfully.. still leaves for work at 6.30am and come back by 6pm.. hee..

But I can’t sleep at night and lost my appetite during the day time and gassy..

I had no idea what to eat coz nothing seems yummy.. but in the morning i take FriscoMum milk to keep my tummy filled.. coz i mentally think my baby can drink it at least... sometimes i will eat cereals or milkbread.. banana.. it depends on my taste.. and I can’t drink plain water as much as I used to like.. coz i hated the smell... so i take sips.. replaces with coconut juice.. soya bean..

I try to eat light lunch... but i get hungry by 4pm only then i browse grabfood to see which food looks yummy to me.. i have become too lazy too cook haahaa.. so i’ll order then i’ll eat it.. then i’ll be bloated and gassy.. sometimes i feel like vomitting because of the the bitter taste in my tongue but it didn’t come out... I will quickly sit down or lay down (if at home) and smell some essentials oil or FreshCare roller to calm my senses.. and suck on some sour preserved orange peel/prunes..

it works for me.. take care and stay hydrated.. ♥️

week 14 now and i could feel slightly better since sat but still feel abit tired. Tired but cant sleep or dont sleep well at all :(.
Starting to cheer up and talk abit more last few days.

Its not easy & pls Jiayou Mamas!

Hi! I’m experiencing bad morning sickness since 2 weeks ago. No puke but just nausea terribly. Realized taking smaller meals but more times a day helps :)

Hello! Same here... I have been feeling nauseous, unwell for the past weeks and vomited a few times.

Taking small meals definitely helps! I have to eat something every 2 hours. I can no longer take plain water as plain water tastes bad in my mouth so Ribena has been my saviour for the past weeks. Not forgetting dried sour plums and crackers...

Hi all, i am in my 9 weeks now... experiencing bad morning sickness and have been vomiting since last week. Have been taking some warm honey and smaller frequent meal and its does help..

Good luck to all mommies to be!

Back