MMI @ katong shopping centre

regards to Japan disneyland,

maybe u can go hk disneyland first since now they are still young, which one u bring them dont really matters cos Japan one is very crowded so everythg also must queue very long, children cant stand queuing up. so far i went to hk disneyland in march 08 and march tis yr both times not very crowded and e kids enjoy so much cos we can keep queuing up to take photos with e character n can take e ride twice... and is so tiring tat we didnt get to take all e rides cos u know la... kids need nap time so even u go to a big disneyland they cant tahan to play everythg...
happy.gif

hi jamie,
ok, then i can consider australia next year too.
happy.gif

hi elaine,
wah...that's easy, so convenient to bring biscuit outside, no need warm up or bring bowl/plates. Think self drive will be easy, just need GPS.

elaine,

Chloe has been to disneyland in HK and Paris..so now she wanna go to the disneyland in Japan ;)

Wow u can't let ur kids eat biscuits whole day right? too heaty and also biscuits everyday?

Cathay pacific...a few yrs back we took and yes the flight journey was not smooth...

hi nuahcouple,
wow... she had been to paris one too... isit crowded?? my friend told me abt her experience to japan disneyland this yr tat's y i'm put off with going there.... maybe she went to e wrong period.

wont let them eat whole day but both of them can survive with biscuits n bread hope e food there are alrite for them.

smallbell,
my friend said that we will be cooking during e journey, so hope e kids will eat watever we cook, anyway will just bring some biscuits along just in case.

hi elaine,

intially we hv no intention to bring her to europe....till last min my mom said she cannot handle and hv to bring her along..since during that time she was just 17mth no need a seat in the plane so easier to get "ticket" and also since we go all the way there might as well bring her to disneyland
happy.gif
Dun really like the disneyland in PAris...nothing and also crowded bt not as croweded as japan which I went many many yrs back. Till now the disneyland in Japan us super crowded
sad.gif

HK disneyland is small bt the queeue is bearable.

elaine
the tickets are really cheap for the whole family
happy.gif
personally i feel cathay is pretty good. my hubby & sis took budget air before & feeback wasnt that good, seats not so comfy lor. but maybe they hv improved liao, probably u just need to bring some toys/ dvd player to keep the kids occupied.

yes, if u rent car its much more convenient otherwise will hv to rely on public transport & places to visit will be limited lor.

actually i'm not very keen in HK disney leh coz i find it very small, flooded with so many mainland chinese & chloe is also looking forward to visit minnie's house which they dont hv. thats why consider go japan but japan everywhere is crowded leh not just disneyland. will see how lah. the US one we plan to go before the kids start P1
biggrin.gif

smallbell
yes, u should consider going to Oz. its a very child friendly place.

Hi,

May i know if any mummy send their kids to MMI@Katong? May i have some feedback n comment about e place? I m thinking of putting my 22mths old boy there.

Appreciate your advise n feedback
happy.gif

hi evelynn,
my boy is at mmi katong for 3yrs plus since he was 18mths. The environment is pleasant and clean as you might have seen during your visits. The teachers are observant and good in handling the students. There are regular field trips/outings and yearly concert.

You might like to try putting your boy and see if he likes it.

Hi Small Bell,

Thks for your reply.

Actually i have not visited e school yet. Was thinking of finding out more about e school b4 going down. We are thinking of visiting e school tomorrow.

Is your child in full day childcare? I m only looking at flexicare for e start 1st.

hi evelynn,
do make a trip down, maybe also bring your boy along. Sometimes more accurate to ask for child's opinion as he will be spending time in school instead of us.
happy.gif

my child in fullday care. For the first few days, you can stay with him.

Hi Small Bell,

We went to e school today n e environment is indeed clean n pleasant.

Do u have any idea what is e teacher to student ratio? The principal (May) told me for playgroup the ratio is 1 to 7 but most of e time they will have another assistant teacher. However, when i were there at around 5 plus i saw all e kids (more than 10) playing at e "playground" area with 2 teachers insides. The other 2 or 3 teachers are sitting outside.

i m rather concern about e safety issue. Maybe cos its our 1st time going to leave him at a childcare, plus he has got allergy to quite a lot of food hence we are very worried.

hi evelynn,
my boy used to be in MMI katong last yr.... u go at e wrong timing la.... ard 5pm+ all e remaining students will gather together in e playgroup n play till their parents come n fetch them. u should go in e morning then u can see e "REAL" sch functioning cos most of mmi katong students are half day care students so even afternoon u dont be able to see e "real" sch environment.
e sch is e cleanest sch i ever seen....
happy.gif

hi evelynn,
as elaine mentioned, do visit again in the morning. You may also see what they are teaching during that time and stay on for the tea and lunch break to see the type of food served.

You may ask pricipal May for the food list. There is a standard list for the item served daily and i heard that some children bring their own meals due to allergy. You may also like to let teacher know that your child should not join to eat the birthday cakes/party snacks as sometimes other children celebrate birthday and parents will bring along sweets, jelly, etc to the school as well. Or when they are out for excursion, the school sometimes gave them KFC or outside food.

Hi Elaine & Small Bell,

Thk for your advise
happy.gif

Haiz, no experience hence, went at e wrong timing
sad.gif
But i have to admit that e environment is really clean n bright.

I forgot to ask if there is any trial available? Did u all confirm n pay e full mth fee plus reg fee upfront?

hi evelynn,
you may try asking if there are trial available. Last time i paid the full month, another month deposit and also the registration fee, uniform and mattress cover.

hi evelynn,
i also pay everythg upfront.... nvm la... just any day u popped by again lor... but friday is children's day so dont know they will have sch or not... better check before u go down... if they have celebration then u dont go la.. try to go when they are having proper lesson...

Hi all,

am back again....my eldest gal has been realLy sick for the past 1 wk and she has pontan sch for 1 wk and finally in sch today....

Bbethan,

heard from ur hb today that ethan is sick also? is he better now? sigh, heard from the teacher that a couple of students was sick and saw Mark in the hospital when brought chloe there to see doc....sigh sigh..really hopes all are better now

nuahcouple/small bell
he's ok le. went back to sch last thur. has been sick since the last sat. fever keep going up n down. didnt go to sch on mon. tue thought ok liao, so send him to sch. who knows after his nap, fever came back. wed pontan again. the teacher told me mon 10 students did not go to sch. haiz... now's my turn. been sick since last tue. still not well. very nasty flu bug.

bbethan,

same here....my turn to fall sick....kanna the virus from Chloe since I hv took 1 wk leaves to take care of her fully leh as she was really really sick.........

chloe also hv high fever for 2 to 3 days and did not even subside even though we alternate her med and sponged her......ltr on she lost her voice and coughing badly till went for blood test, x ray etc and she kanna brochantis
sad.gif

thanks smallbell, elaine
happy.gif

yeah, very quiet indeed.

my boy started school yesterday, was with him throughout the half day session. today i just left him alone, crying hysterically of coz!
biggrin.gif

smallbell
no, coz they usually eat inside their own classroom. unless both hv outdoor play at the same time then can see each other.

smallbell
no i just left him there. he didnt even want to get out of the car when we reached school
sad.gif
already started crying when he got off the car, after i left he cried till puke lor. hope he will settle in soon, probably just need another week or 2.

smallbell
think will probably take a while for him. this morning worse, didnt even want to put on his uniform & already started crying. but the teachers told me once he's in the class, he settled quite fast & well. so its the separation anxiety lor.

Hi Small Bell,

no worries...help me spread around hor...any item that u want and not in the album..let me know and I can source for them.

Btw, will tender in dec liao
happy.gif
so this will be my full time job
happy.gif

hi nuahcouple
good that you leave the unhappy job and found something else better to do.
just sent u an email and also added u in Fb

hi all,

yes am happy leaving my job...lol....also am happy to do wat I like to do....things related to kids
happy.gif

Also, am happy to spend more time with my 2 princess
happy.gif

Pls help me spread around for my biz yah
happy.gif
Full time will be Jan 2010.....will tender in Dec
happy.gif

hi ladies

this thread seems "dead" these days, think all chat in FB?
biggrin.gif

i'm finally heading to genting! not now lah but in jan, after the peak holiday season. is resort hotel better or theme park? dont intend to go 1st world coz its the smallest.

Hi Jamie
Envy envy... U ladies r all going or has already gone somewhere. I'm stuck in spore
sad.gif

Dec cc closed for 3 days n I'm wondering way shd I do with them for 5 consecutive days.

The new year period... 29 to 31 dec. Bad timing for me as it's company Yr end closing accounts. When I go back to work in 2011, I sure busy like mad.

The sch Yr end concert is tmrw!

smallbell
its a family outing trip including my mil, my mum & relatives, abt 10 of us. will be going by coach but hv not booked anything yet. not sure if shd book thru travel agt or book online ourselves. which hotel would u recommend? not going KL, just genting 2 nites.

i'm still considering abt the dino show, my boy still cant sit thru out leh. the last show i brought him is barney & he can barely sit for long.

bbethan
i hv been out & back fr perth liao, now planning a family trip to genting lor.
u can plan a short getaway too since u hv 5 days.

bbethan
yes i agree. maybe u can explore chalets, outings to zoo, sentosa/ universal studio etc. need not hv to travel out of s'pore.

Back