Miscarriage

Veron,
I cant give u any advise as I just had a m/s either today/yesterday - still bleeding.

However, I guess I can feel the pain that you had felt before as this is what I am going through now..had been crying on & off and cant seems to stop.

Take care

yes..just came back from another blood test...waiting for doc to call and give me the result but I know it is a gone case as I had been passing blood clot since sunday.

Am a PCOS patient which makes conceive difficult and this pregnancy was really a surprise one as we only started trying in June this year.

Not sure what is it in for me next and what is the next step

kat,
U got to stay strong , now wait for next instruction from yr doc.But most important thing is to rest well and take care of yr body. Like my doc tell me that time, what happen cannot be done, just close this chapter, move on and start again when u are ready.

Hi
would like to check something with you all..

i had a m/s on 14th Aug and my mens only come on 26th sept, but somehow till today it only come bit by bit, is this normal?

I used to have quite heavy mens during the first three day and 2 days spotting only, but now, it is just spotting only.

Hi Carol,

Not sure yr m/c is nature or through D&C.
I had spotting on and off after my m/c too & decided to do a scan.

Doc was initally worried that it could be that the body is not able to discharge everyything on its own and also scared of molar pregnancy.
Fortunately, it is just that the hormones have not returned to normal. Was given hormones pill to resume the menses.
Suggest u go see the gynae for a detailed scan.

ah_kat

Hi Ah Kat,

I have a D&C on 14 Aug as my bb stop it's heartbeat at wk 11.

my 1st m/s after D&C is only spotting for 5 days, so dun no whether is it normal or not.

hi,
just wanna how from how many weeks on need to perform D&C? i oso had a D&C jus end of Sept. bb heartbeat and growth stop at 9wks.

hi,

my gynae told me that there are 2 ways to purge out the fetus. 1 is via D&C and the other by natural means. according to her, our body is capable to purge out any unwanted object in our womb, in this case the fetus.

she cited 1 case of a woman who refused to go for D&C even though her fetus has stopped heartbeat. the woman's stomach was so big till one day she came to see her and through scan, saw the sac as big as a man's clamped fist. finally this woman went for D&C at 4th mth.

i chose for a D&C cos i really do not wish to go through the pain and then be sent to the hospital, only to find out that my body has purged out my bb along the way.

but of course, i went for 2nd opinion prior to D&C. my hormone levels remained the same over 2 blood tests. it meant it is not a viable pregnancy.

after the D&C, my menses came immediately. but the volume was sooooo little. like spotting lor. my gynae told me that some patient bled a lot after the operation. mine continued for about 5 days and it stopped completely. thereafter, i waited for 1 1/2 mths for my usual menses to come. but 1 thing i noticed is that eversince my D&C, the volume of my monthly menses was less then before D&C. i find it strange but didnt bother to check with my gynae.

sometimes i do think about my bb but i kinda erased the history from my mind liao. my family members was hush hush about it thus i do not have to face questions from 'overconcerned' relatives about the miscarriage.

saw from miscarriage support thread, there may be side effects after D&C(eg. incompetent cervix) and it now makes me worries abt my nxt pregnancy.

hi redtea & bbpram,

Pls dont worry so much since already things already happened. If D&C was the only decision that you have to make at that point then just no choice..

Just take extra care of yrself and sometimes hearing/reading too much might not be good...

I am sure things will be ok later on...take care

ah_kat

I had 2 miscarriages (both due to no heartbeat on the 5th weeks). I now seeing a chinese physican to "tiao yang" my body and hope to have a baby next year.

Can anyone please recommend a good gynae who is experienced in preventing a miscarriage for pregnant woman?

I had just had a 2nd miscarriage! Thinking of changing to a more experienced gynae who can help to prevent a miscarriage. Any good recommendation very appreciated.... please help....

Hi, ladies. Had a m/c in early nov. i had previously tried IUI three times and failed. Finally, me and my hubby decided to go for IVF. So when i m/c after 8 weeks of pregnancy. I felt so devasted. think all of you know how i feel. though my hubby would console me when i tears,i still could not find peace.
It was only few days ago i accidentally found this website and read all your messages that i realised i was not the only one. it is through all your messages that made me find strength. Thank you for sharing your pain but i hope one day, we can also share joys when we get what we wanted most-adorable bbs.
My gynae said i could try the 2nd IVF after Chinese New Year next year. But i am not sure if i would be mentally ready by then. I would be mid 30s by then. Any ladies in the same situation as me?

must gynaes would ask to wait till 3-6 mths.

during this time, its to let ur body recover well. u may wanna consider taking folic acid,vits, pre-natal pills to speed up ur recovery.

dear all,

I just had my D&C two weeks ago. 2nd mc but 1st mc was complete so only this time need D&C. Do anyone feel very stress when preg & mc? I think both time i was stress till can't sleep. i read stress was alright except extreme like change job, move house.. but i thought having a life was much more stress than all these and unfortunately it happen to me twice within 6 mths.. my whole world collapse once again and this time was worse.. till now i still cant sleep well and frequently feel stress till breathless, rapid heartbeat, nausea... i'm so worried my stress freak behaviour will keep repeating. i think the next time i will still be as nervous and i'm really frustrated!i don't know how to prevent it! why is it that my sis can have 3 kids, i can't have a smooth one..

i think i am too lonely. cos my hubby work night shift, i work day shift so my life is just work, home, eat, sleep.. now i'm thinking if i can do any volunteer job or join some activities to make alot friends and become more optimistic 7 confident but i don't know how to go about it. i seriously thought of quitting my job to minimise stress but think it's kind of silly and i can't really afford not to work..

by the way, i feel backpain two weeks after my both mc. is it normal? it's all the way up the spine from waist.. sinseh say its hormone change.. do u gals felt that too? i also have very yellow discharge no awful smell so i think not infection but abit itchy though.. i wish i can overcome my stress and not relapse again. is that any cure for stress prone? i wonder if i pu till very strong will it help? read some pple very jialut try own abort, mental illness but bb still survive...

May God Bless all of u with a healthy little bundle of joys soon

do take time to grieve n build up ur body n health..

1173050.gif

Hi tare1919,
natural miscarrage usually comes with symptom of sudden sharp pain at the abodminal area. Curious why you post this interesting question...?

Hi....

My last menses came on16oct (22 days cycle). doc had confirm my pregnancy on the 16nov. however, i got spotting folllowed by bleeding on the 16nov and it lasted a week. on the 28nov, my gynae cfm my miscarriage n till now, my menses haven come yet. why issit so? any ideas how long will it take for the menses to come after a miscarriage?

momo.. I experience exactly the same thing as you.. just a month different from yours. My gynae advice menses should come in 4-6 weeks after the wash... don't worry, you'll be ok. Jia You

Hi Girls,

Especially painful tonight to help my Gynae say my twins stop growing at 9 weeks when I am suppose to be in my 12 weeks tomorrow. The pain is too excruiating.

I will be doing another scan tomorrow but I know it too well that both of my babies are gone because ald no heartbeat detected.

I appreciate this thread because it is just so supportive of each other. This was my first pregnancy and m/c and really painful.

Sigh...

I just had my d&c today (or rather yesterday)...can't sleep now cos still thinking about what could have been. would have been 8 weeks....can't believe things are so different cos i saw a really strong heartbeat last week and we were so happy about the preg after trying for 1 year.
i can't wait to try again...doc says 6 weeks later....is there anything i can take to strengthen my body and womb?

Me too ...was so devasted!!!

I was at week 12....went to see gene as per schedule....after a detail scan, doctor said cannot detach heartbeat anymore....it was all right when I see him at week 8, I hv no spotting,bleeding no unusual feel at all...was already doing my best to take care of myself....ask doctor to save my baby, he said how can I retrieve A dead baby.....

CAN SOMEONE pls share to can we prevent baby heartbeat NOT TO stop???

This is my 2nd baby...1st also hv no heartbeat problem
At week 6

I just hope someone can highlight to us, how to cue and don't let this problem repeat itself again!!!

HI Miko2006, this is my personal info that I gather through my 3 years of experience doing wellness or nutritional health. You see, a foetus is a life that we have to feed with good nutrition throughout his growth for nine months, so as the foetus grows in your womb, it will take away all your micronitrition like calcium, magnesium, iron,all the raw materials in needs to form into a complete human being. This takes tremendous amt of efforts. However, if the mother lacks nutrition to give to this growing foetus, the foetus itself becomes a threat to the mother's life, isnt it? So, nature has done its most intelligent work by 'removing' that threat away frm the mother's body and this is in the form of miscarriage. You can also apply this simple theory to a premature baby.. I hope this can shed some light into the growing number of miscarriages and difficulty in conceiving. We are all overfed but malnourished in terms of nutrition...I have a few customers who had their 4th or third child looking different as in more chubby, healthier looking babies compared to their other siblings after the mother get the good 'basic' nutrition during this pregnancy and this is interesting.

I too had a miscarriage a few months ago.. Died at wk 7th.. I was diagnose with one blocked tube(which only had 50% or less chances of concieving) but I did aft less then 2 yrs with my Hubby..

I had symptons like spotting, cramping & extremely fatique b4 my miscarriage.. Doctor say it might because of abormal sperms/egg.. I spotted quite badly for abt 2 days & the 3rd day I bleed & I rush down to hosp to take a jab. But on the same nite I was cramping so badly I woke up mid of my sleep & went to poo (twice).. Still alot of bleeding like mensus & 3rd time in e toilet my Sac just dropped out.. I even took pic of it! I was lucky I didnt faint bcos it was like 5am & my Hubby was working.. Aft the Sac dropped out then I felt bete but was still mensus bleeding.. Called my Hubby & he rush back, brought be to hosp again & doc confirmed my M/c..

Well, alot of m/c cases nowadays.. But I believe all is fated..

I just did my d&c a few days ago.im 22 this yr and just got married. And thoughT this little life in me was a present for my marriage. I was doing well during my 8 weeks of pregnancy. 14th dec was suppose to be my day for a check up with my gynae for week 12 of pregnancy. But just one day before iti was bleeding. Not spotting but bleeding. I was shocked. Lucky that my husband is at home.

I rushed down to my gynae and found out that my fetus stopped growing at week 9. And there was no heartbeat. I was so devastated. Everything was well during my 8 weeks of pregnancy. Then my doc told me my fetus was abnormal therefore it can't survive through.

I'm really worried now because, I'm afraid it was my womb which isn't good enough for my fetus to survive. And worried that having d&c can cause 2nd miscarriage. I don't think I can handle anymore miscarriage. everyone kept saying I'm still young. I should be able to handle this pregnancy well.

My family was so upset. We had to cancel all our holiday trips. And i have to pretend to be strong. But at times really can't hold back my tears. Ineed my husband to be at home with me to keep me occupy.

Can anyone advice me what to do in order to avoid another miscarriage cos we have the intention of trying for another baby in few months time. But yet I'm afraid my uterus will be too weak for it to handle.

I really miss my baby. I felt that something is missing in my life now. I dont work and I avoid most housework when I'm pregnant. The only thing I did wrongly was eating too much cold food. Ice cream, cold drinks, junk food. I did not eat much of the food that is good to me. Only once in a while plus I was too busy with my wedding.

Could eating too much of a cold food cause my miscarriage. My mum said my uterus is too cold. And I have very regular period and it usually last for 3 to 5 days only. They aren't very heavy flow. My cramps only last for a day. But I do have bad pms.

I reallyneed some good advice on how to gain back my health and confidence for my next pregnancy.

God bless to all.
happy.gif

Hi Christine..

I am a hubby who saw how my wife went thru 2 m/c in early 2010. Indeed it was shit feeling, I am not someone who shed tears, but I did on both occasions, usually after my wife has slept. It was painful for both of us..Even till now, we still think of it, we are human afterall, but got to get over it eventually..

My advice
1) DO u believe u TCM? If yes, please look for one now ( I can share our with you) TCM really helps..Our TCM advised us to rest and try only after more than 6 months of resting..Plus take the medicine to clear whatever can be still inside your womb and to strength it for next preg.

2) Rest more now and try and go for a short trip with your hubby..Mental health is also important for strong body..Try to keep yourself busy so that you do not have time to think..(easier to say than do, I know)but it does help..I brought my wife to bangkok for shopping spree.

The last good advice to gain back your confidence is that there are many others who m/c several times and still manage to get a baby later on..TCM said as long can get one, your womb will be okay to get second and third..Gynae also said its common nowadays, sometimes no reason..Do seek for 2nd opinion if unsure..Few hundred to save a life is worthy..

I believe those who suffered m/c are deeply depressed and upset..And most of the time, u need your hubby around to console and acompany you..

Just to share, a hubby who lost his baby is equally devestating..
and sometimes he can only hide his inner side to his sobbing wife..

Dear ladies, show your appreciation/love for your hubbies during these situation..We need it too..

Hi miko2006, i share your lost. I had 3 m/c and it all happened in week 7. no heartbeat, stop growing... i have no bleeding or unusual pain. just probably cramps once in a while which i was told were common. No answers nor reasons which gynae can provide. I am not giving up so going for a 2nd opinion. You too, dont give up esp if you are still young.

Yes, don't give up. I have 2 MC before giving birth to my Gal. She's 3 Y now.

After my 2nd MC, I came across this Book :
<font color="0077aa">Healthy Parents, Better Babies : A Couple's Guide to Natural Preconception Health Care
by Francesca Naish Francesca Naish &amp; Janette Roberts</font>

I find this book VERY HELPFUL. Giving you tips on how to prepare your body before conciving.

http://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Parents-Better-Babies-Preconception/dp/0895949555

Good luck and hang in there!

REMY

Hi everyone,

I just had a miscarriage, lost my baby at 16 weeks. Nothing was wrong, routine checkup showed heartbeat stopped. Still in the grieving process and find comfort knowing many of you are going through the same thing. I agree with Trust - there is little support for fathers and kudos to you for joining this forum and voicing it out. My hubby has been very supportive and we grieve together. I'm looking for a miscarriage support group for christians - does anyone know of one?

Hi Yummy Mum

Me too lost my bb boy at 19weeks Mar last yr due to APS. I know there is no words of comfort can overcome the grieve in our hearts. I am a Christian too, there isn't any christian support group i know off, but one thing for sure is throughout the time, my cell group members and pastor ( whom has gone thru the a MC) was consisitently there to support us. Hope u can find support from your cell group or church frd.

Just something to encourage u... after one mth aft my MC I conceived again and recently just deliver my bb gal save and sound by God's grace, even though gynae told me success rate is onli 80% despite all the jabs i have to endure.

Dun give up !!!

Hi YummyMum, &amp; Mitch!

I am a christian too. and had a MC recenttly as well. Mitch, great to hear encouraging news from you.

For me, I kept my MC a secret since I have yet a chance to tell them my pregnancy as well. For my group because I am the only married person there, I feel its very different and difficult for me to find support.

Anyway, can email me and we can go in details "[email protected]"

There is another group "support group - Miscarriage" as well.

Again, again and again it happen to me...my baby heartbeat stop at week 10 AND I lost it the 3rd3rd3rd time!!!!!!!!

I tell myself NOT gg to drop any tears anymore to have my own baby just never going to happen on me!

I already done all my best AND am I going to stop having hopes of carrying my own baby from now onward

Lost my 1st marriage, reasons mostly based on me not able to conceive till ...went for 3 rounds of IVF, all failed in my 7 years marriage

soonafter 6 months of seperation with my ex hubby, he father a child outside

Now, found blessings in my 2nd marriage, 3 times pregant over a 3 years... BUT all lost due to NO heartbeat or heartbear STOP at week 8 - 10 hoping, praying and asking to have my own baby was such a difficult task from God to me

Ended all in 3 miscarraiges

WHAT should i do... give it all up totally!!!!!!!!!

I m STRUCK

Nevertheless pls cherish urs, as I m glad u r pregant again, I wish u all the best

miko, have u tried tcm? i had 2 miscarriages and conceive naturally the 3rd one after going thru 5 mths with tcm. almost gg ivf the 2nd times that cycle but i was pregnant. i have read before a forum mummy had 3 miscarriage and she give birth to a baby girl on the 4th pregnancy.

Hi bbtigger,
may I know which tcm are you with? I had 2 miscarriages too, and am looking at ways to avoid a 3rd time. I am with EYS all along.

Hi ladies,

I am new in this thread. I just mc days before x'mas, no spotting, no bleeding, no symptom at all. When I went for my checkup at 6th weeks, I saw my bb for the first time &amp; heard the heartbeat. But on the next checkup (9th week), the heartbeat stops &amp; foetus stop growing at 7th week. The impact is very huge for us, as we are still looking forward to see the development of the foetus &amp; hear the heartbeat. We have been TTC for 3 years &amp; finally conceive naturally. It's so devastating.

D&amp;C was done. I bleed for 3 weeks, doc say I have rather slow recovery compare to others. I even start to produce milk days after the D&amp;C. I have to take pills to stop the milk production! Anyone have such experience too?

My MIL cook confinement foods &amp; herbal drink for me everyday, for 2 weeks. Till I have nosebleed &amp; headache then she stopped. Otherwise I am suppose to do "confinement" for a month. Is it really suppose to be like that? After mc, do we really have to follow confinement rules?

Seeing everyone are so supportive to each other, it really gives me a little more strength to move forward.

I am also thinking of TCM to "tiao" my body, anyone can recommend?

God bless everyone. Take care!

Hi creamcream,

I am going to "超度" my baby during the lunar 7th month this year. My fengshui master came to our house to see year 2012 fengshui, &amp; I told him about my mc. He said we have to do it. But I am not sure how it goes about, till later date.

My aunt had mc twice before she gives birth to 2 girls. The 2 girls are very difficult to handle since birth. After many years later, my aunt was introduced to a monk by a friend. One look at my aunt, the monk knew she had 2 mc before, &amp; said she have to "超度" those 2 mc babies &amp; give them name &amp; tablet. Only then the 2 girls can grow up at ease. I am not sure if anyone believe in this, but this is what happened to my family.

Hi Princessleopard, Beanbean, miko2006,
I feel your loss, I too just had a mc. Based on my lmp, I was suppose to be 7 weeks pregnant, went for scan, but bb growth was only 5wks and with no hb. Waited for another week, but didn't detect hb again. I just went for D&amp;C last Saturday. This is my 3rd pregnancy.

My 1st was via IVF, bb hb stopped at 10 wks. After I did a mini confinement, thru my cousin's recommendation, I went to see TCM. I diligently went to see the sinsei and took the 'very difficult' to drink medication for abt 1yr to 'tiao' and 'bu'. Then one fine day, the sinsei told me that I did not need to see his after that visit, I can start my bb planning. I hit jackpot the following month and gave birth to a very healthy boy in June2010. My 2nd pregnancy was very smooth and I like to give credit to the sinsei as I felt that he helped 'tiao' my health to good condition to successfully support the pregnancy.

It's been more than 2yrs since I last went to sinsei as I have relocated to bkk. I was so happy that I was pregnant again during cny, unfortunately it didn't last.

I'm thinking if I should travel bkk-sin to see him....? Monthly...?

PM me if u wish to know more abt the sinsei.

Cheers, take care.

Hi Lilysnow,

Sorry for you loss. I am really keen to know about this sensei. I will PM you. I think you should go back to him since he is so good.

Take care!

Hi Princessleopard,
I tried to reply your PM/email a couple of times, but always encounter error:Technical details of temporary failure:
DNS Error: DNS server returned general failure.

I'm not sure if u have received my email.

PM me again (with an active email address) if u didn't receive my reply.

Cheers

Back