Maternity Insurance

Sarah147

I am currently on 16 weeks and i find myself a bit too late for a maternity insurance. After all the research, i find that pacificprime have the best benefits but then the maternity plans starts on 10 weeks. Pacific prime baby protection starts from day 1 unlike some local insurance which starts on day 15. Some local insurance involves investing as well and i don't think i am into that, well at least not right now. Pacific Prime even covers c section, there's actually so much to say in one insurance. Mummies, you can go to their website and compare. Insurances are debatable but to me , it's hands down to pacific prime. I am not sure if i should take prudential or axa. Any mummies with them ? Mind sharing your input ? I need a back up plan in case touchwood something happens

Last edited:
I tot most maternity plans starts @ wk 20 or rather after the detailed scan, but I could b wrong.

If one can start the maternity plan early, it wld b great news 4 mothers who r considered high risk.

I am currently on 16 weeks and i find myself a bit too late for a maternity insurance. After all the research, i find that pacificprime have the best benefits but then the maternity plans starts on 10 weeks. Pacific prime baby protection starts from day 1 unlike some local insurance which starts on day 15. Some local insurance involves investing as well and i don't think i am into that, well at least not right now. Pacific Prime even covers c section, there's actually so much to say in one insurance. Mummies, you can go to their website and compare. Insurances are debatable but to me , it's hands down to pacific prime. I am not sure if i should take prudential or axa. Any mummies with them ? Mind sharing your input ? I need a back up plan in case touchwood something happens
Hi Sarah, it depends on what type of maternity insurance you are looking at. For those AXA, AIA, Prudential and Great Eastern Plan, they covers pregnancy complication and congenital benefit with a lump sum payout. For AIA and Prudential, you would need to take up an ILP before you can add this rider. Whereas for Great Eastern is standalone. As for AXA, you can take up most plan to add on this rider and even the plan can be under your hubby name. Hope these help. If you need more advice do feel free to pm and I can provide you with the quotes.

Congrats on your pregnancy!! :)

Back