Maid ask to change employer after 4 days on board and reason given afraid to dry clothes using bambo

miu0075

I got a new maid on board 4 days, asking to go back agent giving reason she do not know how to handle bamboo.

I called agent for advise, agent said sent back, and take new maid, and pay maid agency $$ again.

Like that, pay and pay, what is employer right ?
And what maid agency doing ?

Making $ from employer and maid ??

My myanmar maid packed her bag on her 6th day. Today, she refused to get out o bed till 11am when the agent came ov my place. The moment she heard the agent voice, she jumped up. I sent her back le. My first m maid. Behaves like a princess.

Hi miu, I would suggest you to hold on first. Maybe you could show her how to handle bamboo and the rest of the housework. I've just got a new maid as in 1st Dec and I would demo everything to her so she would know what to do. 4 days is still early to judge, maybe you overloaded her too many things in a go?

maid only do housework, she is taught and guide by previous maid, no cooking, no childcare. Most of the days, sleep by 10pm. As for how to handle bamboo, brief and taught her again after my old maid left. And she is 160cm tall. Height not an issue. Anyway, may be got other real reason, yet to find out...

A MYANMAR MAID CANNOT BE EMPLOYED. YOU WILL REGRET OF PAYING AND ENDED WITH SUFFERING

Hey Hi

My sincere bad experience.

I would like to share my bad experience and alert all mummies if you are hiring a new maid, to alert mummies out there not to employ this ex-maid of mine, Hnin Cho Cho Lwin, 26 yrs old, married, stubborn , always sick, lazy maid that only clean surface job and a TALK BACK MACHINE, who had runaway twice from my house.

She is a forgetful, half job maid, always sick, no experience in handling house work, cooking and good in telling lie.

She had no experience as a maid but as a princess. always give reason to go out of the house.
To the most shocking is, before coming to Singapore last march. she had a miscarriage and now she do have postnatal blue always cry without a reason.

Most important her bio data is fake. She used money to get the country to get the fake document in order meet the requirement of Singapore MOM.
8002184.jpg

Totally agree... Singapore should not allow maids go on a "transfer" spree. There must be a policy to protect the employers too. We employers always at the loosing end of paying for all the admin stuff needed to employ maids, and then the levy.. And then now the weekends-off.

My Indo maid who worked as a maid in Dubai before demanded for transfer only 5 weeks into the job, and simply expressionless towards my two little girls whom she was entrusted to look after. http://nurizatul.blogspot.sg/2013/01/bad-maid-experience.html

No more maids for me and my girls. If there is no sincerity in being a helper, then don't try to be one.

My myanmar maid when u said her she used her own language and scold u back, very stressed leh.. if 1 2 send her bk to agent, agency is very happy they can earn another 3mths, now a day the agency dont lecture the maid, once u complain they straight ask u to change without counseling the maid, we employer juz paid n paid, all the $$ gone. where is our right. we r in the losing side, and oso the myanmar maid standard getting lower and lower, cant speak n understand simple english yer very naughty, very demanding, 3 meals muz b big amount, breakfast 6 slices of bread, lunch n dinner 2 bowls of rice n oso alot of dishes, dont noe they can here and work or enjoy food, work all selective, dirty dont do, onli simple hse work n oso anyhow do.

I have the same issue!

We have no kids at home and my parents are always not home. The maid's responsibilities are basically to do housework, steam rice + veg + meat/ fish (for my dog, which I will prepare the raw portion on weekends for her to cook when we are at work. The steaming of the food is idiot proof! Just need to thaw and put into steamer, remove after about 10mins, cool and feed) and also, clean up after my dog pee and poo (usually 3 times a day ((morning upon waking up, after its noon meal and before bed) of which I will clean up 2x. the morning and night pee and poo).

The ridiculous excuse given was:
- cooking for the dog is very stressful and the dog poo is too smelly for her!

Maids nowadays are acting like princesses and do not have the work mentality.

I wish..i wrote mom n say thanks to your 4 off days maid here to play...really cant scold..scold go agt..agt embrace them

I suspect that something has caused the mentality of maids /FDW to change, making them more confident that they can request to return to the employment agency anytime they want, anytime they are not happy with the way employers are treating them. I realise this trend is getting on the rise. And we employers are being "exploited", trapped in our contract with the agencies, and end up paying for all the damage!

Some damages done by my former maid who requested to return to her agency 2 weeks ago. Read and be warned:
http://nurizatul.blogspot.sg/2013/01/bad-maid-experience-diva-attitude.html

Hi good try

Yes, you should write to MOM and ask them if they know why the new breed of maids are becoming more daring.

As an employer, I did my best to make her feel comfortable and well rested. I even had plans to enrol her in enrichment classes. But she stabbed me in the back and created stories that I ill treated her.

i think the agents did mentioned to these maids that an employer only can have 4 maids in a year (if i am not wrong)..

When i sent back my previous pino maid and I told her that i can get another maid, she can confidently told me that i cannot get another maid cos an employer can only have 4 maids and once hit the quota, cannot get another maid liao..can imagine how angry i am when i heard that..obviously someone (likely to be agent) told them abt this rule...

There are alot of agency which provided unlimited maid exchange within a year at Bukit Timah or other place. This is a trap which i fall into it
sad.gif
. There are alway transfer maids, which make you wonder if the maids are that good, you wont need to transfer all the time. And these agency always paint a beautiful pictures of the maid.

Beware of those maids with supposedly good track records too. My previous maid worked for me for 4 solid yrs, not because she's any good. Just because I act deaf and close 1 eye (last few months basically close both eyes) and tolerated her non-stop chatting/SMS/FB throughout the whole day and late into the night. Rather tolerate a lousy maid than to be at the mercy of all the blood sucking agencies again, and now trying to cope without maid. Hard to find a sincere one willing to work.

I'm also a victim ;-(( just posted in the Thread 'Bad Maids'. I've had 2 Indonesian maids, each about 1+ years. Never complete 2 years contract. I'm expecting a filipino this week. I'm not sure if it is better or worse ;-(( We have always been kind to our previous maids...but why they don't appreciate? I don't mind about granting them off-days, all I'm asking is a honest and truthful person living under my roof!!

Mom replied as usual tell me give names of maids!! Come on if I tell there goes my loan!!! The maids doesnot want takes care of kids but hse work.might be ok..but what I want is waiver of levy to help us get gd helpers instead of them going to hkg

MOM tightens rules on maid changes - 4 Jan 2013, Straits Times

TIGHTENED measures to discourage employers from changing maids frequently will kick in today.

click

Yes..horrible we choose maids last x..now they choose me...hp fb n must go mkt..long x agomaids here to work..now..sigh..sigh!!!! At night they rushed work just to use hp n fb..govt..u still give more off..we no enough problem

My indon maid asked for change of employer after working for 10 days. Reason being she was afraid of dogs. Contradicts with the info from bio data and when we spoke to her twice.

Was told that the agency fees of $977 is non refundable eventhough the request was initiated by the maid and work only for 10 days. I was not keen to take the replacement maid as i have lost confidence in the quality of maids (3rd indon maid from the agency) and the lousy ah beng attitude of the agency boss. 

I have eventually succumb to transfer the maid. Total costs including the food & lodging for the transfer (max 21 days)  is approx $1800. For working 21 days at my place.

Anyone can share or advise ways to resolve this dispute. Much appreciated.

We need to raise this MOM. Collective voices makes a difference. It's apparent that agencies/maids knows the loophole. This needs to get to fair-level play for all parties (employer/agency/maid) since on each side of the party, not everyone is the black sheep.

Employers are the mercy of the agency and maid.

I have a voice recording of the ah beng agency boss. Shouted at us n used vulgarities. I will make a police report that he has threatened us.

With the police reports, will go aeas and small claims tribunal. To raise awareness, the news should be publicised.

1st maid 4 months, 2nd maid 3 months, both ask to transfer but seriously I keep asking myself what did I do ?! Share food equally with them, have their own room and small tv, finish chores & rest latest 9pm usually 8.30pm, do house cleaning until lunch time then afternoon just prepare food to cook dinner (I cook and they stand watch) & wash dishes & clean up kitchen and done for the day, NO BABY NO CHILDREN NO ELDERLY, use washing machine to wash their own clothes, JUST HOUSE CLEANING & KITCHEN WASHING UP DISHES ETC, I avoid them (they upstairs I downstairs) don't shout at them don't scold them don't nag and don't watch them like a hawk. SO WHAT IS WRONG !!! Where are those maids that sincerely & seriously want to work & pleading u to give them a 2nd chance when they make mistakes. Nowadays, these maid just say "YOU DON'T LIKE ME, SEND ME TO THE AGENCY" sigh!!!!

Hi,
Anyone has any experience with Promaids in Bedok? My current maid wanted to go back to Indoneisa after 9 months of working with us. I checked with my current maid agency Labour Express, since I did not send my maid back to agency, I need to pay the agency fees for hiring new maid again. (which is ard $1.6K) Promaids does not charge any agency fee and I only need to pay documentation fee of $300 + 7 mths salary. I am finding it strange that how come Promaids is so cheap compared to most other agencies which normally charge $1k and above. Please advise. Thanks!

I'm got 3 maids with contract finished with PROMAIDS.This agency is running at a low cost,no advertisement,run by husband n wife.Can contact me for more info

My first maid in November 2012 told me after 5 hours that she is feeling sick and wants to go back agent for medication. I told her I can give her medication and she rest but she refused.

I called agent and immediately they asked me to send her back afterwhich they swiftly made a purchase with Jetstar (with prove to me) to send her back Myanmar next day. They told me she's not allowed to step back Singapore for employment again.

The agent replace for us FOC and bear the insurance cost for the new maid. Even the loan I paid for the first maid is being offset for the 2nd maid.

Now my maid has been with us for 3 months lor and really chicken and duck conversation but she puts in effort to read her myanmar dictionary every night to improve her english and true enough she picks up word by word.

Dear All, I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM WITH MAID.

This is the ticket no: 20130208 – 01936, while I talk to the MOM office regarding the MAID issue.
As MOM officer suggested, I will fax this message to MOM to BLOCKLIST this kind of maids, SO that at least we may save a family from getting into trouble and I wish no one should get this kind of maid problem.

MAID DETAILS:
Name: Asedilla lee jane genilla
Nationality: Pilipino
Passport number: EB4516249
Work permit: 026180295

I am working women, I have two kids, I have adopted a maid at the end of May 2012, for the first 2- 3 months she is ok, as my mother is staying with us and she used to train her in all aspects.
After my mother in-law left, my maid (Name: Asedilla lee jane genilla, WP NO: 026180295) started troubling me.
1. she hurt my 1 1/2 year baby ,I saw lot of scratches on the body with blood marks, I ask her what happened, answer I DON’T KNOW.
2. She miss use the phone, I ask why land number engaged for long time, answer “I DON’T KNOW”,
3. Keep telling lies, she is not honest and plays always cheap tricks and always tells lies.
4. I found my money and baby gold bracelet missing in my absence, if i find missing something, the only answer she knew is I DON’T KNOW.
I appoint her to take care of kids and house, for every things she says I DON’T KNOW.
5. She is very rude and answers very rudely and some times she don’t even respond if I questions her.

Throughout this period I suffered a lot, Every time she ask for transfer she told so many reasons, for the first time she told my first kid(who is 4 ½ years old) is doing some funny things that’s what she need a transfer. I took her to the agency and let them talk to her, after comes back she said something happened to her brain and now ok to continue. Later few days ok.

I went India for vacation for almost one month and left her with agency and after comes back ,she asking me for the transfer again, now the reason is ,from 2013 onwards all her friends gets 4 holidays per month, if she takes a transfer she will also get 4 holidays and more salary .

One day she went for day off, and she met her agency people and they also support her saying we will give the transfer if the employer is ok, after comes back she started torturing me asking for the transfer again, seems like agency people also supporting maids without any proper reason . The only reason which she told is she will get 4 days off if she gets the transfer.

As my kids already used to her, it’s a difficult for me if I keep change the maid, I ask her she may leave once she completes her contract, and I thought at least agency people will help on it. No one helps.
I have told her so many times to change her attitude, but it doesn’t works.

She says” why should I take care of your kids and you if you don’t give me transfer?”.
She starts stealing valuables (gold bracelet of my 1 ½ years old boy which is 12 grams) at home and she makes sure it won’t get found in her luggage. She might have passed to her friends while she drop/fetch my daughter from the school.

She started searching all the private cubes in bed rooms of us and I ask her why she touches all the private cubes, she said she is searching for the missing bracelet. Does it make sense?

Thought of complain about her to police, and then I am scared what she will do to my kids in my absence as I need to continue with her until my new maid comes in. Completely helpless.
I search her luggage in her presence found some naked photos of her, god only knows what the hell she does while she go for day off, I am scared if my kids get effect with her character and finally give up and find the new maid, waiting for her to come Singapore. Until my new maid comes in I should get in with the current maid only.

Hope MOM will protect employers like us from this kind of typical maids.

Thank You.

Dear All,
Please be aware of this fdw from Indon by the name of Cartilage.The following is my request to mom to have her blacklisted.

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am writing to request for my fdw Carti (Work Permit No. 0 06125999 Passport Number: U 111494) blacklisted.

Please be patient as I give you a background of her duties so that you can better understand how relaxed her work is.

She has been under my employment for 6.5 months and due to be repatriated on 29 April 2013. I live in a newly renovated with a minimalist look (littl furniture and clutter free) 4 room HDB flat with my husband, who is 90% out of Singapore, and my 4.5yr old daughter who is in full day childcare from 8.30am-5.30pm.

Thus, Carti only does general housework and cooks 1 meal (or none at all 3-4 times a week). I left my job because of my fear of this fdw who does not have to look after my child. The only thing she helps me with is the ocassional shower for my girl.

These are the genuine reasons to substantiate my request for the blacklist:

1) She uses the phone till 2+am everyday until I confiscated the phone at night. Come the next morning, she will complain of headaches and the inability to work. In the day, she will hide in the toilet for about 2 hours, complaining of tummy ache, everyday!

2) She forgets to switch off fires at least 6x a week. Thus I have to be at home to watch the fire if I need her to cook dinner.

3) She leaves the tap running at least twice a day, then arguing that she turned it off!

4) She leaves the house keys dangling outside the gate at least 4 times a week. Thus I have to ensure that she keeps the keys and has No reason to open the gate after that.

5) Every time I need help to shower my child, one of these will definitely happen (a.She forgets to switch on the heater and leaves my girl wet and cold while rushing out to switch it on only after my girl shrills because of the cold water; b. She forgets to close the toilet door and will only react when my girl shrills in the cold; c. She forgets to switch off the heater which will be left switched on till I'm home; d. She forgets to bring in my girl's towel / clothes and again my girl will be left wet and cold)

6. She forgets to close the windows at least 5 times a week. The best part is that she can close one panel, forget to do so for the window next to it but still roll the blinds down!

7. She will forget to switch on her alarm at least 5 times a week. Thus, I have never been able to ensure that my girl will be on time for the school bus if I do not wake up early to do her chores.

8. All of her chores are done halfway (if I am lucky, most of the times, she forgets to do them). The kitchen scissors for cutting foods, cutlery etc will be washed with oil and food residues left to dry which simply means they are not properly washed. This happens every single day.

9. Things destroyed to date, just to name a few - crockery, electrical appliances, bathroom appliances, clothes, beds, bedsheets, wardrobes, bamboo sticks,pole covers... you name it!

10. She forgets to cover my girl's water bottle, at least 3 times a week so my girl's things in the bag will all be wet.

11. Everyday, she will forget something needed foe my girl's school. I have a checklist written for this fdw, all she needs is to read the list but she refuses and says she doesn't know why!

12. If she is required to cook dinner, every single time, she will forget to cook either a dish or the rice. A note is written in details but she refuses to read it (note is written in clear bahasa Indonesian eg. Masak 1.Nasi 2.Sayur Kailan 3.Ikan Goreng).

13. She forgets to secure the covers of everything you can imagine / every item that comes with a cover (caps from bottles of cooking oil, cod liver oil, vitamins, soya sauce, dark soya sauce). Yes, all of these spilled all over the floor and I ended up cleaning because she will not clean it up properly and then I will see the ants and roaches.

14. Believe it or not, she will open a drawer, cupboard door etc and forget to close it! This happens at least 6 times a day. Yes, at least 6 times a day.

15. The emotional craziness saying that she cannot talk / work because her friend ordered voodoo on her! Then she will start talking to herself incessantly.
Throughout these month I have done all I can. I have given her a daily schedule since she came but she refuses to read it. When asked why, she will say "I forgot to read". Her agent has helped counseling her to No avail. I have explained to her repeatedly that her forgetfulness is dangerous, the possibilities and consequences, begged her to just read the schedule.This is done through speaking English, Indonesian but she doesn't care. I have given her a note book to write down what she always forgets in hope it can help her. She refuses and finds herself an excellent worker!

There has never been a day without forgetting at least 5 tasks which are routine (eg. Forgets to close the washing machine door). She will argue and argue until I retrieve the cctv records and she will say that the machine is spoilt so the door cannot close or better still, that my cctv is faulty!

I asked her to go out on her off day and relax, consult with the better fdws. However, she comes back with a vengeance. On the phone throughout and forgetfulness is intensified. No amount of counseling, explaining, positive reinforcement helps.

There were many occasions that my pots were burnt because she had forgotten that the flames were on. The house is under risk of fires and my kitchen has been flooded many, many times because she left the door open.

To give you an even better example of her slack, she takes 3 minutes to walk from the kitchen to the room!

I consider her to be mentally abnormal or at least an award winning deserving fdw to pretend to be like one who cannot remember anything except off days, meal times, salary dates and numerous telephone numbers! She has caused a lot of distress and stress to my family and I to a point that I had to immediately request to be discharged from the hospital right after my operation - because I saw over the cctv that my girl was left alone in the kitchen near the stove which pot was on an open fire and smoke coming out. This fdw was hiding in the toilet and didn't pick up the house phone which I was frantically calling all the way home.

On a last note, on the first day I got her from the agency, she clapped estactically against her lap declaring this: "I am so happy that Ah Ma died. Allah is very good to me. Ah Ma so smelly and heavy and fat, Allah so good to me to help Ah Ma to die!".

I should have acted on that comment but know too that MOM watches only the number of fdws in my name and never the reasons We as employers are not fools who chase good fdws away to go through more money, time and efforts spent in training them.

It's heartwrenching to see the stories of FDWs abusing the trust of employers. It's difficult to treat a worker like part of the family, when the worker does not treat you as a family too.

Nowadays a worker likes off days, hp, entertainment. Yet, they treat their employer like the employers are so rich, and we just pay and pay.

I agree with Hilfe. My fdw is like Lyn, only slightly better.

Another thing I realise, no point talking nicely about their mistakes. The only thing that works is scold them fiercely the 1st time they make mistakes. They remember it for life. Coz they will think, last time you only say ma, never scold so is small thing. When the house is burnt down, or the kids injured like my kids, then regret too late. I really regret not scolding my current fdw fiercely when she just came, treated her more then decently and suffer the bad consequences for months.

I think we as employers have to change our mind set, they are no longer maids. They are "skilled imported helpers - expats"

I had 3 maids change for 2 years plus.

Maid 1 - pinoy, came w 2 hps + 1 laptop. New maid. Come to enjoy. Misuse my trust in her, told her not to use hp in the day but secretly use and behave like a princess. Send home after 3 mths.

Maid 2 - Mynmar, terrible!! seems to have mental problem. Wash my HDB toilet x 1 for 3 hours. Told me she can only wash 3 milk bottles at a time, 6 too many. And cunning, create politics. Send home after 7 weeks,

Maid 3 - indo, came w attitude problem but can work. So i keep teaching her enduring her. Finally became a normal maid. I was very happy. Even ask if she wants to extend another year and i will offer her high salary of $600 w no off. But 16 mths into working, she told me last week she wants to go home - citing i short changed her cos her fren got off days. Anyway after probing realise she wants to go back for hari raya. Despite my counter offer refuse to stay, so agreed to send her back before Hari Raya for her to celebrate. I actually feel so sad and cried. But at the other hand, what for? a contract of 2 years but 1 word they wan to go home, no penalty for them but airtickets, new agency fees, time to retrain all on me. So unfair. Plus i treated her very well, every weekends at restaurant get to choose her own meals, get gold for her bday.
But i have to say out of the 3 i really appreciate her for helping my family, given a choice, i will still employ her.

Wow siao, should have come here to read before employing a maid. My myanmar maid complaint to go back agency on her 2nd day. Say cannot take care of my 22mth old son. This was already my 2nd maid.

Back