Looking for subjects for a documentary project on marital issues

Hi everyone, thank you for taking your time to read this.

I am Queenie, a photographer based in Singapore.

I am currently looking for the following subjects for a documentary project on marital issues.

1. People who are who are currently engaged

2. People who are happily married

3. People experiencing marital problems but still married as of now

4. People who are currently going through a divorce

5. People who have been through divorce

About this project:

- From a young age, I have witnessed the unusual and strained relationship that my parents have and it has led me to have many questions about this complex nature of being in a relationship and being married

- Would like to gather different viewpoints on marriage

- You will be given a disposable camera and a diary (with questions written inside) to record your viewpoints on different aspects of marriage. By having you photograph your relationship/state of mind through your eyes and by having you write down your thoughts physically, I hope that they encourage you to ponder consciously about the different aspects of being married.

- For those who are happy and content with your marriage, I hope you will continue to count your blessings! For those who are going through a rough time, I hope this project will help you to think clearly about the life-changing decisions that you are going to make. More importantly, I also hope that the project will help you to cope and come to terms with the way things are.

Points to take note:

- You have to be above 21 years old to take part

- The documentation will only involve one party (ie. if you fall in categories 1 to 4, you will not be doing the documentation as a couple but as an individual)

- You can opt to remain anonymous when I collate the responses and showcase them

- You will be given the disposable camera and diary for up to 3 weeks, after which I will collect them back from you

- If you are not based in Singapore but still wish to be part of the project, please do drop me an e-mail too and I will ship the disposable camera and diary to you

If you would like to be part of the project, please drop me an e-mail at [email protected] in the following format. We will arrange a time to meet up.

Name:

Contact number:

Category that is applicable to you:

3 time slots you are available from now until 10/03/19 (both day and time period):

Preferred locations to meet up:

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to e-mail me too.

Lastly, from the bottom of my heart, I sincerely thank you if you are willing to be part of this project. Have a nice day ahead!

Back