Looking for other alternative to conceive

Sushigirl

Hi everyone! My husband and I have been trying for a baby for awhile now. We are trying to not take drugs or to go for IVF/IUI.
The price of such treatments scares me.
Are there any over the counter products that I am able to try ?

Hi everyone! My husband and I have been trying for a baby for awhile now. We are trying to not take drugs or to go for IVF/IUI.
Hi Sushigirl, I totally understand your concerns about not wanting to take drugs/procedures. I was once like that. I just wanted to share my thoughts; perhaps you and hubby might want to do a fertility check first? if results come back okay, you can continue trying naturally and look for multivitamins for conception. I started off with the check too, everything's fine for me however we found my hubby's SA count low.

So with that, dr just prescribed supplement for my husband for 1 month before he has to go and check his SA again if it works. It did and Dr advised us to continue trying naturally. So I feel its good to know our conditions first before we figure out which products to consume and help us.

Hi Sushigirl,

IVF/IUI is really for those that in a way, give up hope in trying naturally.
Also, the cost is rather high as well. I will not really recommend it.

Like what MulMul89 suggested, probably try go for fertility check for both of yourself, and hubby. To see if there's any fertility issue first. If don't have, maybe can try go for multivitamins or supplements to build up both your body. Exercise, relaxing (staycation or even massage or something that keep you out of mind) play a part too.

Important is don't over stress yourself. Jiayou!

How long have you been trying? It's normal for a perfectly healthy couple to take up to 12 months to conceive.

If you are below 35, you can see a doctor for fertility check up after 12 months of trying. If you are above 35, see a doctor after 6 months of trying. The check up can help to diagnose some of the reasons why it's taking you longer than normal to conceive and if you choose not to pursue treatment, it also serves as management of expectations.

(If you have pre-existing conditions like PCOS or endometriosis, don't wait, see a doctor immediately if you want to conceive. Of course, there will be some treatment involved.)

Another thing that can help is to chart your cycle to know if you are ovulating and when you are ovulating.

Hi Sushigirl,

IVF/IUI is really for those that in a way, give up hope in trying naturally.
Also, the cost is rather high as well. I will not really recommend it.

Like what MulMul89 suggested, probably try go for fertility check for both of yourself, and hubby. To see if there's any fertility issue first. If don't have, maybe can try go for multivitamins or supplements to build up both your body. Exercise, relaxing (staycation or even massage or something that keep you out of mind) play a part too.

Important is don't over stress yourself. Jiayou!
Hi! I am trying to go for more regular exercises as well as eating healthy! However, we are still trying to avoid taking supplements as we are not sure how it will affect us. We want to keep it as natural as possible.
We are also trying to avoid going to the doctors due to stigmas/ paisei that families or friends will find out.
Still searching for other ways to increase chances of pregnancy. Keeping my fingers crossed. The baby fever is really getting to me these days.

Yes. Regular exercise and eating healthy works well too. Supplement is only needed if you really required it. Some does get pregnancy without eating supplement too. Important is still try relax as much as possible. Don't over stress yourself (including hubby) about trying to conceive issue.
Go for staycation and enjoy/relax once a while.

Best of luck.

Hi. Your very 1st step is to check for fertility as a couple. This way, you will know the areas you may need assistance with conceiving.

Drugs or IVF/IUI, I agree, shouldn't be the 1st route to take without knowing the root cause. As everyone body differs. Nowadays having a baby after 35 is no longer high risk but the current state of your health is what makes a successful pregnancy and subsequently a healthy baby.

Good luck!

Back