Lactose Intolerance during pregnancy

blisslive

Hi

Anyone experience lactose Intolerance during pregnancy ?

Can share on what food to avoid in order not to trigger lactose intolerance symptoms like gas,diarrhoea,viomitting etc.

Hi! I was lactose intolerant when i had my #2. And i realised that right now i am also lactose intolerant again while preggy with #3. I know that milk is good for us, especially when i don't take those multivitamins. So i don't avoid all dairy products but find out what triggers it. I cannot drink more than half cup of fresh milk a day. And i can't take ice cream, cheese and creamer. Other than that i feel fine when i take dairy products in moderation. I can still drink my maternal milk too.

Hi lovexuan

Is the lactose intolerance for you only during pregnancy? After you delivered your #2 you can resume taking dairy product?
The baby will not inherited the lactose intolerance right.

So far I have tried drinking soya milk. I am ok with it. But I cannot take sundae, milk,cheese.I will have diarrhoea.

Hi lovexuan

Is the lactose intolerance for you only during pregnancy? After you delivered your #2 you can resume taking dairy product?
The baby will not inherited the lactose intolerance right.

So far I have tried drinking soya milk. I am ok with it. But I cannot take sundae, milk,cheese.I will have diarrhoea.

Sorry for the late reply!

Yes, it was only during pregnancy. I could resume dairy products after I gave birth. However my baby was also diagnosed with lactose intolerance at 3 months old. He had green watery stools that gave him a bad rash. So I had to abstain from dairy products because I was breastfeeding him. He got better. When I tried to take dairy products again 6 months later, he had outgrown and was ok with it!

Back