Just pregnant and lost need some advice

Scopigrace

Hi I'm a first time mum, feeling abit loss. just did the test kit and found out tt I was pregnant.

I've went to a polyclinic but they referred me to go to KK hospital ( so now I have to wait for them to call) but I'm feeling uneasy sitting and waiting for their call.

Any experienced mum can advice me on the steps. (i.e when to go to a gynae, where to find one which is near my house in the north and my bb can be delivered in Thomson Medical)?

Hi,
I personally feel that anytime when you tested positive, is the time to make gynea appointment.
If you wanted to wait for kkh to call you back, and make kkh consultation as subsidized patient also ok, or you wana make appointment at TMC as private patient also ok.

If u want to delivery in TMC, u cant be going to KKH. U can google for gynae who is practicing in TMC or any gynae that do delivery there. Call up. They would ask you when is your last mense and work out a date for u to visit gynae. Normally if u have no spotting or cramps issue... u can wait till u are 7-8 weeks to have yr 1st appointment as that is the time heartbeat can be seen.

Thank you for the advice :)

Hi,
I personally feel that anytime when you tested positive, is the time to make gynea appointment.
If you wanted to wait for kkh to call you back, and make kkh consultation as subsidized patient also ok, or you wana make appointment at TMC as private patient also ok.

Thank you Windyrain for the advice too :)

I may have to wait for a few more weeks as mine is still few weeks old only

If u want to delivery in TMC, u cant be going to KKH. U can google for gynae who is practicing in TMC or any gynae that do delivery there. Call up. They would ask you when is your last mense and work out a date for u to visit gynae. Normally if u have no spotting or cramps issue... u can wait till u are 7-8 weeks to have yr 1st appointment as that is the time heartbeat can be seen.

Hi everyone

I would like to check, which is better as to get a Gynae whose clinic is in the hospital or has a clinic outside but deliver at the hospital I want?

Hi, congratulations!!

You may want to try to search online for the clinic nearby your area to see which gynae is good..

From my experience, is better to get a nearby clinic as you have to go for check up frequently esp in the first and last trimester..

To me who staying at west side, is troublesome to travel all the way to KK or Thomson for check up esp neither of them near to mrt

You may start to take folic acid as it is very impt for a mum to be..

I wish I knew this forum earlier and would not spend unnecessary check and go for private.
Anyway, given a choice I would want to go KKH.

First time daddy just go to know that wifey pregnant last Tue undergo 2 urine test and 2 bood test within 2 days.
Now I know.. there is no need to hurry... lol.

Anyway, I am now with Dr Fong who has consultation clinic at Tiong Bahru and Novena (Mt E)
He is very patients in explaining and giving guide.

IMG_1546.jpg

Back