JTS: DIY hairclips

hi

those who are making hairclips, not sure if the FP1 (pink) , BB1/BB2 (Cream) material is suitable anot.
Cos i got them also (bought from holland V), the material is not really grosgrain..more to 'plastic' feel..like those use to tie cake type..
SL, is urs, the material like tat or more frabic feel?

SL,
i quite like the flower print, can check for me if it is grosgrain material (that is like poko dot one)..from ur pic it look like satin..

Btw,
Holland V shopping centers 2nd floor got quite a range of grograin ribbons. Pricing is
** $1.20/m for 1cm width
** $2.20/m for 2 or 3cm width

So no one keen in the oversea spree ?

i noticed that Mustafa has lots of clips. I can't remember if i saw alligator clips but i know hair clips were sold in a large set (maybe 20) and cost a few dollars. quite affordable. nearest mrt station is NEL farrer park. HTH

can i check only gosgrain can be used for making clips? satin cannot?

yesterday went daiso and saw them sellng alot of ribbons. but not quite sure wats the material

oic, thanks for the clarification!

must find time to go buy the clips before i can start trying out!
happy.gif

Hi all,

just to share a bow which I made using a special ribbon (about 3.5cm broad) - it feels like felt but it is water proof. This is used usually in flower shops for bouquets and flower baskets, but I used it for my gal's headbands and brooches...

1996713.jpg

<font color="0077aa">hii, may i noe wher is this Jin Long shop located in Chinatown? tried to search for grosgrain green ribbon but can't any there. can any1 help?? many thanks!</font>

Brayden,a lot of ribbons like what SL above has.
Per roll comes in either 20 yard or 25 yards. $3+ onwards..

Someday when my interest wanes, I will sell off my excess ribbons...

Just to show this is what I have done.
happy.gif
Think my girl has far too much hair clips than she can wear!
happy.gif

2006688.jpg

halooo...
can any1 tell me wher to find the aligator clip? i search everywhere but cant seem to find it..

just to share. yday i went to the art n craft shop at AMK central (near S11), they hv quite a range of ribbons. saw the mini glue gun wif glue sticks (tink 1 or 2) costs $7.50.

kcc; envy ur ger, so many hair clips to choose nw... good job! my ger mus wait until duno when... keke..
cheers!

Oh alligator clips can be found at this shop Erica mentioned:

SIN HIN CHUAN KEE PTE LTD
796 &amp; 798, North Bridge Road Tel: 62988000
Mon-sat 9-6pm Closed on sundays and PH

$1.00 for 5.

Anyway my Ah Girl dun like hair clips. She keeps pulling them out. But I keep putting it back.
happy.gif

The flat silver type can be found at the Sin Hin Chuan shop. If you want something else, like the black one I attach the button to, can find that at Chinatown and at many hairclip shops like Aries.

Hi Ladies!

Glad to find this thread! I am into making hairclips as well!

Agree very difficult to find nice ribbons, and alligator clips. Tks to all who share the links and where to find the clips.

Need advice. I got some alligator clips from a shop in west mall, but I find that they rust easily leh. Do u all have such problems?

Recently I have also been buying lots of ribbons to try out. Got them from Spotlight and the building near OG. Think r the shop recommended here. 1 of them the ribbon really very nice a lot of variety but super ex! But I still bought a few lah cos really nice print can't resist.

milkmilk
Can share where u got the decoration on pics 6 and 9? Keen to get something like that but the crown design. Also keen to get the 2-prong alligator clips.

Agree with some of u that the white glue not so effective. Once it dries and if u r not careful and tug it it might come out. I switched to using glue gun. Really very stronghold, but the negative part (for me lah, I super chor1 luo4 one) is that it can get messy and it dries fast. If u did not paste in time there will be hard lumps.

Jing
Keke...my gal also doesn't like hairclips and kept pulling them out (ouch! I really feel painful for her sometimes). Same as u, I kept putting it back (secretly)...but she always manages to discover leh...hahaha... nvm I will keep trying.
happy.gif

Need help
Anyone knows where to find the puffy tiara for the clips? Been trying to find it for quite sometime.
http://mischaslilsecrets.blogspot.com/2008/11/puffy-tiara-satin-bow.html

Thanks in advance!

happy.gif

alligator clips
---------------
i managed to get from a mother from forum at 7cts per clip..i think she ordered online from oversea..
so the price is alot different from getting locally.

Hi Pearl, I might have but need to search for them cos I have boxes and boxes of art &amp; craft materials which I have no time for after delivering my gal... 8-( If I can find my clips, will also post them up for your guys' reference.

However the flowers not from me leh, neither is the ribbons... 8-P

Regards

hi hi, i finally get my fren's help to up e prices. pls buy if u r comfortable with price. limited only, cos i'm keeping half for myself. also, i'll charge envelope price and postage accordingly, cos the price/item is very small, n there's no profit. will appreciate each purchase at least $1. sorry if buy 1 pc 2 pc, i may not entertain, hope u understand cos i've been quite busy at home with kids. also 1st come 1st serve basis. pls PM me,easier to keep track.
http://picasaweb.google.com/milkmilk001/DIY#

Hi mummies

Any shop in West area that sell alligator clip? Coz me stayin in jurong west looking after two kids not possible to go down. Any kind mummies who is going down can help me to purchase. After looking at all the nice clips that all of you hv made motivated me to do it.
happy.gif

Hi milk milk

Looking for alligator clip. Would like to purchase.

1. alligator (3.5cm) - 20pcs
2. snap clip - 5 pcs
3. Rose assorted colors - 10 pcs

Tks.

Email me your account and total amount and i will transfer to u. [email protected]

Hi Pearl,

I sent your ribbons out last week, some of the mommies in the same batch had just received their ribbons, so yours might be today or tomorrow...

Pls let me know when you got it ok?

Thanks

Back