January 2017 Mummies Club

I check normal days are like 2.5 to 3. But CNY period most confinement lady wants to go back to Malaysia no one wants to work.
I don't mind paying, but I worry I pay so much yet the confinement lady may not be good. All the good confinement lady intro to me by my friends all don't want to work during CNY

Oic. So they did increase the confinement prices during CNY period. Anyway a lot of Malaysian Chinese who work in Singapore will mostly return to their hometown during CNY as it's considered as 1 of the most important and biggest events to all Chinese people. Somemore it's one year once so likely all will go back for CNY celebration as a big family gathering!!! Wow $4K to $5K is really exorbitant & almost 1.5x to 2x the price of a normal confinement. So how to find good and cheaper ones during CNY?? We understand that these confinement ladies need to give up the CNY celebration back in hometown yet earn some income back but $4K to $5K is quite a lot. This is a concern for some mummies giving birth during such festive period.

I check normal days are like 2.5 to 3. But CNY period most confinement lady wants to go back to Malaysia no one wants to work.
I don't mind paying, but I worry I pay so much yet the confinement lady may not be good. All the good confinement lady intro to me by my friends all don't want to work during CNY

Hi ! I've heard so much horror stories about confinement nanny! Some even paid, work for a few days and chased out by the owners... No refund will be given. So... Best to get one from some one around you to recommend !

Don't know if it's because of. 2 cups milo a day.... I feel like I'm coming down with a sore throat....

Aww... Take care babe! Drink more water! Hormones are all over the place and easier to fall sick esp with the horrible weather now....

Thanks.
Wondering if it's safe to drink coconut water?
I heard cannot but don't know why...

Too cooling I heard. But nearing to due date, people who start drinking 2-3 times a week seems to have a 'cleaner' baby they say... Not sure tho. But you may try! :)

All Google results seems to say.... Drink more coconut during pregnancy.
Dono which to follow. Haha

Coconut water can drink but only drink 1-2 times around 35-37 weeks of your pregnancy. Cannot drink too early cause the nutrient will not go to your baby and it is too "liang"

All Google results seems to say.... Drink more coconut during pregnancy.
Dono which to follow. Haha

I think it depends on your beliefs? Chinese will avoid cooling food during pregnancy and confinement. But westerners believe eat anything you want to. I myself think, everything in moderate !

Hi all. I have added all who requested to join the Facebook group. Those who still want to join, you can pm me your Facebook email address or just leave as a comment in this thread.

For those who keep having problems joining, please add Hayley Chong as a Friend and pm her to ask to add you into the group. Www.facebook.com/Hayley.chong.9406

You might also want the join the Facebook group 2017 SG Mummies and Daddies
Bump

Hi..im a 1st time mum and in my wk 9, so pardon my silly qns. Im just wondering its ok to drink longan red dates drink now right since its suppose to warm the womb??

I really like the ALLWell bottled longan red dates drink but since its bottled i think its not as gd as drinking it pure frm fresh ingred but just wondering if its too much.

Hi..im a 1st time mum and in my wk 9, so pardon my silly qns. Im just wondering its ok to drink longan red dates drink now right since its suppose to warm the womb??

I really like the ALLWell bottled longan red dates drink but since its bottled i think its not as gd as drinking it pure frm fresh ingred but just wondering if its too much.

I drink longan red date drink too, but I don't dare to drink too often, maybe once a week like that when I got the craving, as I scare too heaty if I drink everyday.

Hi all. I have added all who requested to join the Facebook group. Those who still want to join, you can pm me your Facebook email address or just leave as a comment in this thread.

For those who keep having problems joining, please add Hayley Chong as a Friend and pm her to ask to add you into the group. Www.facebook.com/Hayley.chong.9406

You might also want the join the Facebook group 2017 SG Mummies and Daddies

Bump! There are about 50 of you who have been invited by email but have not accepted the invite yet. Please check your spam. It might have gone there. You can also add Hayley as a Friend to add you into the group.

Hi Marshimosa, someone intro or recommend Dr Poon to you???
I narrow down to the 3 near to my place n he has the nicest nurse who managed to slot me in for a good timing even if it's not to what I'm really asking for but she did it in a nice way. Another clinic was quite rude that the nurse bluntly just say evening slots or sat are for existing patients only in a take it or leave it attitude.

Hi,
Do u anyone of u happen to know pregnant women from NUH hospital could be sent to Jb for some pregnancy screening tests (probably during 1st to 2nd trimesters)? I knew my friend went with someone from NUH, supposedly driven by NUH car. Got such one?? Dunno if I heard wrongly or not.

hi all,

my wife is ard 10wks by now,however we have yet to consult any gynae yet in SG yet. this is because we consulted in malaysia twice (shes a malaysian). for now we are thinking to head up to KKH as private. do we need to go through the polyclinic route or we can call KKH straight to book a doctor of our choice?

Can i ask...if anyone stay in 3-room? How to accommodate a stay-in confinememt lady? ?
As in baby slps with me and the other rm for the lady?

Hi everyone... My Edd is 14 Jan 17... To hire a confinement lady is gonna be expensive cos CNY is on 28 Jan... :( but no choice, as my mum is adamant that I hire a CL, as she can't cope on her own.

@missyserene I also stay in a 3-room flat, somemore I hacked and combined the 2 rooms to be a one big master bedroom! So I should be doing my confinement at my parents' place instead.

Hello all,

There's actually another forum for Jan babies under 2016 mom.. Not sure which is more active as I have asked to be added Fb but so far on one added me yet.

Can someone add me to Fb? [email protected]

My EDD due 27/1/17...CL now cost ard $4k++ faint Hahaha... Have you all found your CL yet?

Also which gynae you all are gg? I'm getting my first visit today with Jocelyn wong :)

Hello all,

There's actually another forum for Jan babies under 2016 mom.. Not sure which is more active as I have asked to be added Fb but so far on one added me yet.

Can someone add me to Fb? [email protected]

My EDD due 27/1/17...CL now cost ard $4k++ faint Hahaha... Have you all found your CL yet?

Also which gynae you all are gg? I'm getting my first visit today with Jocelyn wong :)

Hi your edd same as mine : )

All the recommended CL do not want to work on CNY. I check out a few agencies, quote me around 4K. I scared pay already don't know of the CL is good, cos depends on luck already.
I am with dr Tanny Chan.

Hi your edd same as mine : )

All the recommended CL do not want to work on CNY. I check out a few agencies, quote me around 4K. I scared pay already don't know of the CL is good, cos depends on luck already.
I am with dr Tanny Chan.

Congrats Wendy! Looks like our babies might share the same Bday lol

Did u tried the confinement agency from Thomson medical? I think they are affiliated... I'm meeting one freelance nanny this sat, now hubby wants to explore Thomson agency too. Not sure if it's any good

@noob mom @Vespertine

I went to check out PEM, thy quote me around $3.8 for CNY period. I am going to call Thomson confinement angel to check out their services too. I feel that maybe they are from Thomson so it's better ?
The PEM salesperson really very pushy, I e mailed to ask and she started calling me 3 times a day and want to make appointment to come to my house to sign contract, so it annoys me ha ha

Hi mummies, I have a white maternity dress for photoshoot to let go. $30 inclusive of postage. Interested parties pls pm me :)
ImageUploadedByForum1469433014.346520.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1469433022.745616.jpg

Hi, I am a first time mum, currently in 15weeks edd is 21 Jan 2017 but doctor said usually it will happen earlier than edd. Anyway, my first trimester was horrible! I couldn't go to work at all. All I did was to stay in bed, have my regular meal, take a nap, wake up, eat, sleep, repeat! LOL! Getting better now but experiencing different problem. Currently having headache and terrible backache. I hope everything will get better soon. Add me to the group too! =] [email protected]

Back