January 2017 Mummies Club

hi hi, does anyone of u have yellowish discharge now? odourless though... some say it could be due to the prenatal vitamins?

hi hi, does anyone of u have yellowish discharge now? odourless though... some say it could be due to the prenatal vitamins?

Hi! I've been having slight brownish discharge since I found out I was preg, if not fresh blood should be fine. Consult your gyne if you're worried!

I have white discharge and need to be on panty liner. As long as its not itchy down there, odourless, no pain in peeing should be fine. Its easy to get UTI from pregnancy. Also no blood discharge should be present. Mention your discharge anyway to your gynea on your next visit for peace of mind.

Hi all. All have been invited to the Facebook group until here. You will NOT receive a Facebook notification. You will receive an email to ask you to accept request. So you have to go and check your Facebook email.

Btw, the first thread in 2016 for Jan 2017 is more active. You all might want to chat there instead :)

oh the other thread i see more of requests for adding to the grp and fb... haha :oops:

Hi! I've been having slight brownish discharge since I found out I was preg, if not fresh blood should be fine. Consult your gyne if you're worried!
I have white discharge and need to be on panty liner. As long as its not itchy down there, odourless, no pain in peeing should be fine. Its easy to get UTI from pregnancy. Also no blood discharge should be present. Mention your discharge anyway to your gynea on your next visit for peace of mind.

i consulted 2 gynaes actually. 1 said is normal during pregnancy, another gave me an insert for treatment of bacteria/fungi but doesn't seem to work....

[QUOTE="

i consulted 2 gynaes actually. 1 said is normal during pregnancy, another gave me an insert for treatment of bacteria/fungi but doesn't seem to work....[/QUOTE]

i consulted 2 gynaes actually. 1 said is normal during pregnancy, another gave me an insert for treatment of bacteria/fungi but doesn't seem to work....[/QUOTE]

Dont know if it has anything to do with the body wash u use. How you wash. Tell gynea better. I read online saying just wash with water and we shldnt use those vaginal wash too as our body have its way of dealing with discharge caused by preg. Im not sure.
Sorry couldnt be much help to you.

I am thinking to go subsidized at KKh for this early in the pregnancy (6 weeks)

then when about 14 week or 16 week then go to a private and chosen gynae to sign package and stick to him/her.

most of you all did this ?

I am thinking to go subsidized at KKh for this early in the pregnancy (6 weeks)

then when about 14 week or 16 week then go to a private and chosen gynae to sign package and stick to him/her.

most of you all did this ?

Went to kkh as a subsidized patient for the first appointment.Total time i spent at kkh was around 3hrs(registration,urine test,take blood pressure,ht and wt,ultrasound,see doc,payment).Sonographer was rough and she pressed really hard left to right on my adominal when she did the scan.When u see the doc is like polyclinic style.The registration nurse told me every visit will be different doc on duty.

I'd cancelled my next appointment with kkh and now i am seeing a private doc.I'm paying full price for the first few consulation + scan for private gynae.Package usually starts from week 12 onwards depends on the gynae you choose.

My hub and I are sticking to KKH till delivery.
Its a shame Roxylee met a rough sonographer.

My 1st visit at the sonographer was at the AMC and she informed me she have to press harder because my bean is still small (and i got a tiny belly of fats) . It was uncomfortable but not painful.

Doctor was okay. She informed me about a lot of things and didnt find me a fuss when i keep asking qns cause im a newbie. Nurses were great with all my queries.

That was my 1st visit for pregnancy.

I have been there since late last yr cause of another separate issue and sonographers "poking" me down there have been very pleasant. Doctors that i have seen for this matter are also seeing preg womens have been very assuring and comforting.

Visits to the KKH for the previous issue and for this pregnancy so far have been great.

My husband is not used to having to pay for pregnancy stuff when its normally all paid for in his country therefore we chose the subsidised route.

You might want to ask your private gynea when to see them and when to switch from kkh to them.

Thanks for the feedback by Roxy... will keep that in mind. Haven't start finding a gynae yet.. I'm week 9 now.. procrasting too much

Anyway, any advice on what drinks we can make in office? I used to have teh o every morning but now gotta cut cos there's caffeine in it?

Thanks for the feedback by Roxy... will keep that in mind. Haven't start finding a gynae yet.. I'm week 9 now.. procrasting too much

Anyway, any advice on what drinks we can make in office? I used to have teh o every morning but now gotta cut cos there's caffeine in it?
my gynae says milo is fine as there is very little caffeine content in it...

hmm i think its fine as long as you dont drink like super thick milo... my gynae says its fine... but if you are worried you can consult your gynae :)
Haha okie thanks. My procrastination lead to me haven't read up n choose gynae yet... n just started new job this week hence must find one with location n evening or weekend consultation...

Haha okie thanks. My procrastination lead to me haven't read up n choose gynae yet... n just started new job this week hence must find one with location n evening or weekend consultation...
not sure if my gynae opens on weekend... will go back and check then update here! :) ( they open on sat 0830-1230)!!

Went to kkh as a subsidized patient for the first appointment.Total time i spent at kkh was around 3hrs(registration,urine test,take blood pressure,ht and wt,ultrasound,see doc,payment).Sonographer was rough and she pressed really hard left to right on my adominal when she did the scan.When u see the doc is like polyclinic style.The registration nurse told me every visit will be different doc on duty.

I'd cancelled my next appointment with kkh and now i am seeing a private doc.I'm paying full price for the first few consulation + scan for private gynae.Package usually starts from week 12 onwards depends on the gynae you choose.

My hub and I are sticking to KKH till delivery.
Its a shame Roxylee met a rough sonographer.

My 1st visit at the sonographer was at the AMC and she informed me she have to press harder because my bean is still small (and i got a tiny belly of fats) . It was uncomfortable but not painful.

Doctor was okay. She informed me about a lot of things and didnt find me a fuss when i keep asking qns cause im a newbie. Nurses were great with all my queries.

That was my 1st visit for pregnancy.

I have been there since late last yr cause of another separate issue and sonographers "poking" me down there have been very pleasant. Doctors that i have seen for this matter are also seeing preg womens have been very assuring and comforting.

Visits to the KKH for the previous issue and for this pregnancy so far have been great.

My husband is not used to having to pay for pregnancy stuff when its normally all paid for in his country therefore we chose the subsidised route.

You might want to ask your private gynea when to see them and when to switch from kkh to them.

my hubby and I decided, maybe no need to go the subsidized route anymore.

cause some private gynae their package starts as early as week 12.
I am already at week 7. if go KKH still need wait 3 weeks for appointment (already call and ask), and plus I have an appointment with private gynae this week anyway.
so from this week till week 12, dont think there is a need to see gynae so once reach week 12, we start on package.

thanks everyone for your valuable feedbacks. :)

Jia you everyone!

Been feeling so emotional and stressed recently.
Feel like I am coming down with something. Blocked nose, runny nose and sneezes. Oh god I hope my bean is okay. So worried.

1 more week till my 12th week scan.

Been afraid of the cold recently and having goosebumps at the slightest change in air temp. Thought I try a little bit of milo to boost my body. Next day got sore throat.

Dear mummies to be, lets have plently of rest and healthy food so we can fight off viruses to protect our beans!!

My first visit to the private gynae was like wow.It's like "u pay what u get".Clinic staffs are pleasant with good service.Gynae will do the ultrasound for you and you get to keep the bb ultrasound pic.Total time spend at clinic is shorter(around an hr)and therefore my hubby can accompany me and still in time for work if my appointment is very early in the morning.

i drink HL/meiji milk every morning(left on room temperature for about 30mins before i drink) since i try not to take cold berverage.If instant drink,maybe you might want to drink those cereal type from Super NutreMilk or Unisoy instant soya milk powder.

Dear MTBs, I know it's a real frustrations and excitement to find good gynaes in Singapore and there're just plenty of them which are the good ones.

But I am looking for a patient and gentle gynae ASAP who I can fully rely on for good service from initial consultation to final delivery stage. Because I am extremely scared of pain so I need to find a reliable, patient, gentle and assured gynae.

My friends introduced me these 3 gynaes:
1) Prof Tan Heng Hao from KKH (Helps delivery birth at: KKH)
2) Dr Poon King Fu from Poon's Clinic (Helps Delivery birth at: TMC, Mt A, MT E Novena, Parkway East)
3) Dr Lim Ah Leng from AL Lim Clinic (Helps delivery birth at: TMC)

Q1) Have anyone or your friends heard of them or engaged their services previously?

Q2) Are they good, skillful and how are their charges like?

Q3) Can anyone pls share some experiences? Thank you so much.

My first visit to the private gynae was like wow.It's like "u pay what u get".Clinic staffs are pleasant with good service.Gynae will do the ultrasound for you and you get to keep the bb ultrasound pic.Total time spend at clinic is shorter(around an hr)and therefore my hubby can accompany me and still in time for work if my appointment is very early in the morning.

i drink HL/meiji milk every morning(left on room temperature for about 30mins before i drink) since i try not to take cold berverage.If instant drink,maybe you might want to drink those cereal type from Super NutreMilk or Unisoy instant soya milk powder.
is okay to leave milk out on room temperature for that long? I was always told not to leave dairy products out for too long... like consume as soon as its out of the chiller... is cold milk bad for the little one? ohno... i've been drinking cold meiji milk T.T

is okay to leave milk out on room temperature for that long? I was always told not to leave dairy products out for too long... like consume as soon as its out of the chiller... is cold milk bad for the little one? ohno... i've been drinking cold meiji milk T.T

Idk but so far i have no problem after drinking the milk.In chinese medical it is not advisable to drink cold berverage because it might cause the womb/uterus to shrink?(something like this reason).I just follow to play safe since it is my first pregnancy :)

Hi all. I have added all who requested to join the Facebook group. Those who still want to join, you can pm me your Facebook email address or just leave as a comment in this thread.

For those who keep having problems joining, please add Hayley Chong as a Friend and pm her to ask to add you into the group. Www.facebook.com/Hayley.chong.9406

You might also want the join the Facebook group 2017 SG Mummies and Daddies

Dear MTBs, I know it's a real frustrations and excitement to find good gynaes in Singapore and there're just plenty of them which are the good ones.

But I am looking for a patient and gentle gynae ASAP who I can fully rely on for good service from initial consultation to final delivery stage. Because I am extremely scared of pain so I need to find a reliable, patient, gentle and assured gynae.

2) Dr Poon King Fu from Poon's Clinic (Helps Delivery birth at: TMC, Mt A, MT E Novena, Parkway East)

Q1) Have anyone or your friends heard of them or engaged their services previously?

Hi Poshberries

I am sticking to Dr Poon King Fu.

The first gynae i saw was Dr Geradline Tan from TMC at katong, she is also one of the recommended gynae and that time I was in a rush before I fly overseas, so I went to her for my first checkup.

Her charges are more expensive than Dr Poon and also because we stayed at Punggol so Dr Poon was naturally the better choice.

I just had my first checkup withh Dr Poon and I must say in terms of prices, service, comfortability, although hubby and I prefer female gynae, i have to say male gynae seems to be really better (personal experience and through feedbacks seen throughout the forums and friends).

Dr Poon is soft spoken, always smiling, answers all questions without rushing you, and very concern about history and daily lifestyle.

Dr Geradline Tan on the otherhand, is friendly, and very nice too but she kinda give me the feeling that she is in a rush, and also she did say something like "sure ask any questions, but only ask those that relate to early part of the pregnancy ya"
and we waited 1hour at Dr Geradline Tan clinic.

Dr Poon charges are as follow:

First Consultation - $90 onwards
Ultrasound - $80 - $100
Package starts from 14 weeks onwards at $800 (includes consultation, normal scan, urine test for glucose)

For package:

Ø every 3 weeks one appointment

Ø after 28 weeks every 2 weeks one appointment

Ø after 36 weeks every week once

Hi Poshberries

I am sticking to Dr Poon King Fu.

The first gynae i saw was Dr Geradline Tan from TMC at katong, she is also one of the recommended gynae and that time I was in a rush before I fly overseas, so I went to her for my first checkup.

Her charges are more expensive than Dr Poon and also because we stayed at Punggol so Dr Poon was naturally the better choice.

I just had my first checkup withh Dr Poon and I must say in terms of prices, service, comfortability, although hubby and I prefer female gynae, i have to say male gynae seems to be really better (personal experience and through feedbacks seen throughout the forums and friends).

Dr Poon is soft spoken, always smiling, answers all questions without rushing you, and very concern about history and daily lifestyle.

Dr Geradline Tan on the otherhand, is friendly, and very nice too but she kinda give me the feeling that she is in a rush, and also she did say something like "sure ask any questions, but only ask those that relate to early part of the pregnancy ya"
and we waited 1hour at Dr Geradline Tan clinic.

Dr Poon charges are as follow:

First Consultation - $90 onwards
Ultrasound - $80 - $100
Package starts from 14 weeks onwards at $800 (includes consultation, normal scan, urine test for glucose)

For package:

Ø every 3 weeks one appointment

Ø after 28 weeks every 2 weeks one appointment

Ø after 36 weeks every week once

Hi JXmangoXB, thanks for such a detailed reply. Really appreciated it for your time & effort. I also live near your area too. Lolz!

Q1) So you actually switched from Dr Geraldine to Dr Poon as your private gynae ?? But what makes you took the decision to change that time ?? For a 2nd opinion ?? I got another few replies from this forum's other threads, several mummies also said Dr Poon is a good doc. I hope we both made the right choice of having him as our private gynae.

Dr Poon has not talk to me about any package thing because I think my embryo has not reach the safety level yet. So too early to carry on the discussion of a package now.
Q2) BTW, do you know roughly how much is his package like??

Thanks for you further advise.

Hi JXmangoXB, thanks for such a detailed reply. Really appreciated it for your time & effort. I also live near your area too. Lolz!

Q1) So you actually switched from Dr Geraldine to Dr Poon as your private gynae ?? But what makes you took the decision to change that time ?? For a 2nd opinion ?? I got another few replies from this forum's other threads, several mummies also said Dr Poon is a good doc. I hope we both made the right choice of having him as our private gynae.

Dr Poon has not talk to me about any package thing because I think my embryo has not reach the safety level yet. So too early to carry on the discussion of a package now.
Q2) BTW, do you know roughly how much is his package like??

Thanks for you further advise.

Hi Poshberries,

we took the decision to change from Dr Geraldine to Dr Poon based on a few factors.

1) price cheaper
2) his clinic is just 2mins walk from my in law place
3) his character and attitude is better
4) his staff nurse also much more friendly
5) find to be more comfortable with him than Dr Geraldine

so with all these factors, i made the switch. :)

Package pricing is as per my previous post, $800, starts from week 14

Hi Poshberries,

we took the decision to change from Dr Geraldine to Dr Poon based on a few factors.

1) price cheaper
2) his clinic is just 2mins walk from my in law place
3) his character and attitude is better
4) his staff nurse also much more friendly
5) find to be more comfortable with him than Dr Geraldine

so with all these factors, i made the switch. :)

Package pricing is as per my previous post, $800, starts from week 14

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply again. I missed out reading the package $800 part earlier. Paiseh.

Yah I do agree Dr Poon's nurses or assistants are quite nice and friendly. No attitude one.

Hi ladies, our Edd will most probably clash with CNY next year, anyone of you engaging a confinement lady ?
I tried to call a few confinement lady recommended by friends, but they don't work on CNY. I tried a confinement lady agency and they are able to arrange one for me, but I not sure how good will it be. Anyone has any experience with any confinement agency ? Thank you.

I'm gonna see Dr Poon next Fri. .

Hi ladies, our Edd will most probably clash with CNY next year, anyone of you engaging a confinement lady ?
I tried to call a few confinement lady recommended by friends, but they don't work on CNY. I tried a confinement lady agency and they are able to arrange one for me, but I not sure how good will it be. Anyone has any experience with any confinement agency ? Thank you.

Yah my friend told me it's very hard to get a confinement lady during CNY period bcoz most of them are Malaysian aunties and they also rushing back to celebrate CNY so don't work during this festive period. It's a real worry!! Pls advise any good confinement nannies. Thanks!!!

Hello Marshimosa!

You can google on the caffeine amount contain in drinks and decide for yourself if you feel comfortable having them.

My gynae say it's ok to have a cup or two coffee a day but strictly no more milo or tea after which. So in numbers, you can have roughly 200mg of caffeine each day and is still safe, doesn't affect your baby (350mg for breastfeeding mums)

Instant coffees mostly are at about 80mg/90mg per sachet. In a cup of 240ml, brewed coffee (starbucks, coffeeshop kopi) has 130mg, black tea (teh o, teh, teh c) and coke has about 50mg, milo has 10mg. Any chocolate would contain small amount of caffeine too! Oh, green tea is slightly higher then black tea. So about there, maybe you can calculate as you have them :)

I myself avoided caffeine in my first and second trimester where I was very paranoid on my baby's growth. Only started having coffee in my last trimester, cause cannot tahan anymore! Just one thing I notice when I do have coffee is that the baby gets pretty hyper and stays up late at night inside.

If you are worried about caffeine, take cereal drinks? I suppose you mean a morning drink in office right? Cereal has some Iron in it and is good for pregnancy :)

Hello Marshimosa!

You can google on the caffeine amount contain in drinks and decide for yourself if you feel comfortable having them.

My gynae say it's ok to have a cup or two coffee a day but strictly no more milo or tea after which. So in numbers, you can have roughly 200mg of caffeine each day and is still safe, doesn't affect your baby (350mg for breastfeeding mums)

Instant coffees mostly are at about 80mg/90mg per sachet. In a cup of 240ml, brewed coffee (starbucks, coffeeshop kopi) has 130mg, black tea (teh o, teh, teh c) and coke has about 50mg, milo has 10mg. Any chocolate would contain small amount of caffeine too! Oh, green tea is slightly higher then black tea. So about there, maybe you can calculate as you have them :)

I myself avoided caffeine in my first and second trimester where I was very paranoid on my baby's growth. Only started having coffee in my last trimester, cause cannot tahan anymore! Just one thing I notice when I do have coffee is that the baby gets pretty hyper and stays up late at night inside.

If you are worried about caffeine, take cereal drinks? I suppose you mean a morning drink in office right? Cereal has some Iron in it and is good for pregnancy :)

Hi Mayochuu, pls advise why cannot have milo? I have been drinking water, hot milo and hot chocolate for the past 2 weeks because I totally stop drinking green tea or any Chinese tea. Is hot milo or hot chocolate bad for baby's growth????

Yes I read about having 1 to 2 cups of coffee a day is ok and still safe for pregnancy. Thanks!

Hi Mayochuu, pls advise why cannot have milo? I have been drinking water, hot milo and hot chocolate for the past 2 weeks because I totally stop drinking green tea or any Chinese tea. Is hot milo or hot chocolate bad for baby's growth????

Yes I read about having 1 to 2 cups of coffee a day is ok and still safe for pregnancy. Thanks!

I don't really see any issue with drinking Milo or chocolate as the caffeine content is pretty low as compare to coffee and tea. I think what Mayochuu referring is no more milo after drinking coffee. I avoid drinking coffee but if need to I will try to drink decaffeinate coffee. The main reason of avoiding coffee for me is because I don't want my baby to be hyperactive next time when he/she is born. Maybe I worry too much.

Hihi, not saying cannot take milo just letting you girls know that milo has caffeine too :) Same as chocolate~

Some mummies to be are very mindful to be sure they have zero intake of caffeine. Some mummies like myself can let down a bit and dont mind even drinking coffee everyday. So it's up to you on these :)

I was just worried about everything on the early stages! Haha first time being pregnant can be very paranoid! Hehe but I don't exactly know if caffeine affects early growth for baby or not. Just being safe then sorry :p

Yah my friend told me it's very hard to get a confinement lady during CNY period bcoz most of them are Malaysian aunties and they also rushing back to celebrate CNY so don't work during this festive period. It's a real worry!! Pls advise any good confinement nannies. Thanks!!!
Yeah most confinement ladies quoted me 4-4.8k... Crazy prices. And the good ones who are working during CNY seem to be snapped up.
In the end I asked my mum to help me out for confinement... She may take no pay leave to help me and I will cover her for her loss of salary that month lor (which is still cheaper and better than finding an outsider)
So that's my solution right now... Just to share.

Hihi, not saying cannot take milo just letting you girls know that milo has caffeine too :) Same as chocolate~

Some mummies to be are very mindful to be sure they have zero intake of caffeine. Some mummies like myself can let down a bit and dont mind even drinking coffee everyday. So it's up to you on these :)

I was just worried about everything on the early stages! Haha first time being pregnant can be very paranoid! Hehe but I don't exactly know if caffeine affects early growth for baby or not. Just being safe then sorry :p

Thanks for your reply. I still drink milo or hot chocolate twice daily. And I didn't know actually milo contains caffeine.

Yeah most confinement ladies quoted me 4-4.8k... Crazy prices. And the good ones who are working during CNY seem to be snapped up.
In the end I asked my mum to help me out for confinement... She may take no pay leave to help me and I will cover her for her loss of salary that month lor (which is still cheaper and better than finding an outsider)
So that's my solution right now... Just to share.

You're a very nice daughter coz you will provide your mum the allowance. Wow $4 to $4.8K is so expensive. Is this the price for confinement service during CNY only or on normal days also this price? My friend told me she had a confinement lady previously but only costs about $2.5K a month, if I didn't recall wrongly.

You're a very nice daughter coz you will provide your mum the allowance. Wow $4 to $4.8K is so expensive. Is this the price for confinement service during CNY only or on normal days also this price? My friend told me she had a confinement lady previously but only costs about $2.5K a month, if I didn't recall wrongly.

I check normal days are like 2.5 to 3. But CNY period most confinement lady wants to go back to Malaysia no one wants to work.
I don't mind paying, but I worry I pay so much yet the confinement lady may not be good. All the good confinement lady intro to me by my friends all don't want to work during CNY

Back