IVF with PGD (Pre-genetic diagnosis)

Azukin

Hello!
I’ve created this thread for anyone out there who is undergoing IVF with PGD, like me.
Thought to use this thread as a support group/advice/queries for anyone going through the same thing.
The heartbreak and anguish of this difficult journey to motherhood is real. Having a husband as stable as a rock makes the journey much more bearable.
My own experience in a gist:
Tried for 2 years
Aug 2017-m/c at 8wk
April 2018-m/c at 7wk
Requested for karyotyping even though gynae says usually done for couples after 3 consecutive m/c.
Karyotyping results-SO has a pair of balanced translocation
Met up with genetic counsellor; chances of conceiving a chromosomally normal baby naturally is very low, even though there are no issues getting pregnant.
Only chance of a chromosomally normal baby is to do IVF with PGD.
Went for 1st cycle in Nov 2018.
13 eggs extracted, 12 went through ICSI, 10 fertilised, 8 became blasts, of which 4 were good grades sent for PGD testing.
PGD outcome: 1 blast no diagnosis, 1 blast abnormal, 1 blast normal and 1 blast mosaic.
FET done Jan 2019; put in the 1 and only normal blast.
Beta-hcG after 2ww: negative.
Now waiting for dr appointment to discuss when to go for Round 2 IVF PGD.

Feel free to share your own IVF with PGD experiences here, if you have.

Hi Azukin, sorry to hear about the negative outcome. I haven’t been through IVF/PGD myself but I just wanted to say thank you for sharing :) Could hardly find any information about PGD locally.

We considered going through this procedure sometime back, as I have an inheritable heart condition and did not want to pass it down. Unfortunately, my genetic tests were inconclusive and was advised that the fertility clinics will not conduct PGD for my case. We are back to trying naturally in the meantime and sorting out our other fertility issues, but may consider this again in the future if we end up needing IVF anyway.

May I know which hospital did you do your IVF procedure at?

Hi Azukin,

Thank you for sharing your journey.

I have Robertsonian Translocation and we've also decided to go with IVF PGD. I'm doing all the reading I can atm, that's how I found this post.

Also would like to know about your hosp or your doc if you don't mind sharing.

Hi Azukin, sorry to hear about the negative outcome. I haven’t been through IVF/PGD myself but I just wanted to say thank you for sharing :) Could hardly find any information about PGD locally.

We considered going through this procedure sometime back, as I have an inheritable heart condition and did not want to pass it down. Unfortunately, my genetic tests were inconclusive and was advised that the fertility clinics will not conduct PGD for my case. We are back to trying naturally in the meantime and sorting out our other fertility issues, but may consider this again in the future if we end up needing IVF anyway.

May I know which hospital did you do your IVF procedure at?
Hi pancakess, I’m sorry to hear about your situation. From your information, what I infer is, because the genetic tests you went through are unable to detect the specific biomarker for your condition, hence there is no test kit available to single out any potential abnormal embryos. The PGD test requires the specific information (for eg. Translocation at chromosome 2 and 4) so that it will be able to detect the specific issue in the embryo/chromosomes using the specific test kit.
I’m currently doing my IVF treatment at SGH CARE.
I wish you all the best in your fertility journey, let’s all hang in there!!!

Just found this thread.

I just underwent ivf with pgd. Now on my first day of 2ww. My Husband and I are thalaessemia carriers.

Had 15 eggs extracted, 12 mature but only 6 fertilised. 4 were gd quality 2 average quality. They will only do pgd on gd quality embryos.

Of the 4 , two embryos do not have the major form of thalaessemia but still carriers like my husband and 1. Thankfully these two embryos developed into hatching blastocysts. I’ve trfed one and freeze one, now hoping for the best!

Am glad to find this thread on PGD.
I'm current waiting for my PGD result. Any of you can advise me how long will it take for the results to be concluded?

I have been ttc-ing for years, have pcos and hence went down the route of ivf. Have lost 4 babies.. 2 of which have genetic problems. After many rounds of DNA testing, my hub and I are found to be carrier of a genetic defect. Very rare defect and suspected as Sensenbrenner syndrome.

I went through labor twice , suffering physical and emotional pain without able to hold a healthy baby in my arm. I asked my gynae to request PGS and PGD testings at the same time, but was rejected by NUH. If that's allowed it probably will save us from further heartbreaks on failure and miscarriages. That's really something I'm very worried abt as I have unknown miscarriage at week 9 before.

My ivf is also at CARE SGH. I gain a lot of comfort and support from the nurses there.

Dear Azukin, I'm sorry your to hear your story. My friend always tell me we will definitely have a healthy baby one day, just a matter of time and a challenging journey. Who is your gynae? I'm under dr Yu's care.

Dear chemiyogi, wish u best of luck and hopefully all sweats and challenges prove worthwhile for a healthy baby.

Am glad to find this thread on PGD.
I'm current waiting for my PGD result. Any of you can advise me how long will it take for the results to be concluded?

I have been ttc-ing for years, have pcos and hence went down the route of ivf. Have lost 4 babies.. 2 of which have genetic problems. After many rounds of DNA testing, my hub and I are found to be carrier of a genetic defect. Very rare defect and suspected as Sensenbrenner syndrome.

I went through labor twice , suffering physical and emotional pain without able to hold a healthy baby in my arm. I asked my gynae to request PGS and PGD testings at the same time, but was rejected by NUH. If that's allowed it probably will save us from further heartbreaks on failure and miscarriages. That's really something I'm very worried abt as I have unknown miscarriage at week 9 before.

My ivf is also at CARE SGH. I gain a lot of comfort and support from the nurses there.

Dear Azukin, I'm sorry your to hear your story. My friend always tell me we will definitely have a healthy baby one day, just a matter of time and a challenging journey. Who is your gynae? I'm under dr Yu's care.

Dear chemiyogi, wish u best of luck and hopefully all sweats and challenges prove worthwhile for a healthy baby.

Result for pgd will come back 1-2 days cos need to do transfer on day 5 (depend on ur condition). Usually they will do pgd on Day 3.

Result for pgd will come back 1-2 days cos need to do transfer on day 5 (depend on ur condition). Usually they will do pgd on Day 3.
Hihi thank u. I did pgd on blasts so not transferring this cycle. They used to do day 3 but now they only do on blasts. I hope the results will be ready soon as I'm targeting to transfer in next cycle .

Hi,

Could ladies who had done PGD share more about cost of doing it and its charging mechanism e.g. fixed cost and variable cost based on number of embryos etc?

Hi,

Could ladies who had done PGD share more about cost of doing it and its charging mechanism e.g. fixed cost and variable cost based on number of embryos etc?
Hihi the kit for testing cost $7200, nuh test cost $2400. The biopsy depends on the number of embryos but I think around $5000? (Sorry nurse didn't give me breakdown). Need to include 7% gst as well. All by cash.$7200 will be paid upfront and the rest will be paid after ER.

Hi,

Hi,
This is from NUH.
As per my understanding, there is same price to do pgs for 1 or 4, too costly. In other countries you can do pgs for 1 or embryos for smaller money. Moreover in SG they don’t transfer mosaic embryo. Other countries do after counseling session with genetic dr.

Attachments

• D286DFA4-24FC-482E-844D-EDB08D12AEFB.jpeg
    D286DFA4-24FC-482E-844D-EDB08D12AEFB.jpeg
    620.1 KB · Views: 680
Hihi the kit for testing cost $7200, nuh test cost $2400. The biopsy depends on the number of embryos but I think around $5000? (Sorry nurse didn't give me breakdown). Need to include 7% gst as well. All by cash.$7200 will be paid upfront and the rest will be paid after ER.
Thanks Wen822, you did biopsy on how many blastocysts in your case?

Hi,
This is from NUH.
As per my understanding, there is same price to do pgs for 1 or 4, too costly. In other countries you can do pgs for 1 or embryos for smaller money. Moreover in SG they don’t transfer mosaic embryo. Other countries do after counseling session with genetic dr.
Thanks Alishabond, I’m looking at PGD so price may be different?

Thanks Wen822, you did biopsy on how many blastocysts in your case?
Hi miloqueen, I have 11 blasts but I have yet to receive the final bill yet. I've prepaid ard $3.8k already n I think that's for 5-10 embryos. Each clinic may charge differently for the biopsy bit. In all budget about $15k for the pgd.

Pgs cost is slightly lower and is under govt subsidy for Singaporeans.

Hihi, May I know what PGD you are doing? Kit/test cost for different condition is different.

For NUH, my balanced translocation is $3940 (kit), thalassemia is $3600 (kit) + $2400 (test)

Biopsy, first embryo $2000, subsequent up to 7, $700 each.

Hi,
This is from NUH.

Hihi, what does the two column of costs mean? First is without gst?

Hihi, May I know what PGD you are doing? Kit/test cost for different condition is different.

For NUH, my balanced translocation is $3940 (kit), thalassemia is $3600 (kit) + $2400 (test)

Biopsy, first embryo $2000, subsequent up to 7, $700 each.
Hihi where are you doing your ivf? I'm doing at sgh hence my biopsy cost is as it is. For my test, it's also some gene defect which will cause abnormalities. I've paid $7700+ including gst

Hihi where are you doing your ivf? I'm doing at sgh hence my biopsy cost is as it is. For my test, it's also some gene defect which will cause abnormalities. I've paid $7700+ including gst

I see. My rates are NUH one. I’ve been told to prepay $3940 to get the process started, first step is make the kit, which has an expiry date of 3 months. If first IVF + PGD fail, got to pay for kit again.

Last edited:
I see. My rates are NUH one. I’ve been told to prepay $3940 to get the process started, first step is make the kit, which has an expiry date of 3 months. If first IVF + PGD fail, got to pay for kit again.
Hmmm ok .. a mummy told me her pgd cost for biopsy is 1-5 embryos $1000, 6-10 $3400, more than 10 $5200.

Sgh told me the kit has an expiry of 1 year , but most of time I heard is 3mths. Not sure how reliable . I paid $7700+ first n the rest paid after retrieval ..

Hmmm ok .. a mummy told me her pgd cost for biopsy is 1-5 embryos $1000, 6-10 $3400, more than 10 $5200.

Sgh told me the kit has an expiry of 1 year , but most of time I heard is 3mths. Not sure how reliable . I paid $7700+ first n the rest paid after retrieval ..

Wah. Is that costing a while ago, or recent de? And at NUH?

I think the kit expiry date is different for different condition too. I wonder what this “kit” looks like loh. Hahaha.

I haven’t start, waiting for nurse to revert on one question then I proceed.

Wah. Is that costing a while ago, or recent de? And at NUH?

I think the kit expiry date is different for different condition too. I wonder what this “kit” looks like loh. Hahaha.

I haven’t start, waiting for nurse to revert on one question then I proceed.
Hmm not sure leh, confirmed its prices dated years back. But your biopsy cost is quite steep right ?

I'm quite upset nuh rejected my requests to do pgs as well.

Hmm not sure leh, confirmed its prices dated years back. But your biopsy cost is quite steep right ?

I'm quite upset nuh rejected my requests to do pgs as well.

Looks like we are in the same boat. Actually my condition can do PGS one. Overseas, people with my BT can have bad embryos weeded out with PGS. PGD is not really required and only if patients want to know if embryo is carrier or normal, or want to screen for UPD. If can do PGS, I would have no need to make kit. But, I also don’t meet the PGS criteria yet.

For pricing, darn, looks like inflation got the better of me, hahaha. Nothing can be done about that, right?

Thanks everyone for sharing info.

Seems like the pricing differs from hospital to hospital and depending on the genetic condition to test.

I’m currently with KKH and looking at doing PGD after recurrent m/c at 6-7weeks. Before the most recent episode on Fri, I knew I have interstitial deletion for one of the chromosomes but somehow, went ahead with ET without opting for PGD after discussion with doc. His advice then was not necessary and no point wasting the money as I do not have that many fertilized embryos too. On hindsight, I should have done it then. It’s between suffering the blow of no embryos making it to transfer and using the body to “test” it but going through another m/c is heart-wrenching especially when you may never find out the answer to its root cause.

Last edited:
I have few more questions wondering if anyone can share their experience. So sorry doing my facts finding now to help decide on the next course of actions.

1. Anyone sought 2nd opinion for recurrent m/c before? Dr Choolani seems highly recommended by some on the forum.
2. Besides karotyping, what other blood tests should be done to rule out other complications?
3. When they say PGD can only be done on good embryos, is there a minimum grading they are looking at?

Last edited:
Looks like we are in the same boat. Actually my condition can do PGS one. Overseas, people with my BT can have bad embryos weeded out with PGS. PGD is not really required and only if patients want to know if embryo is carrier or normal, or want to screen for UPD. If can do PGS, I would have no need to make kit. But, I also don’t meet the PGS criteria yet.

For pricing, darn, looks like inflation got the better of me, hahaha. Nothing can be done about that, right?
Hmm but I'm at sgh and the cost is closed to what the other mummy gave. She did at nuh . Ya I think our govt gets too sensitive abt the outcome of PGS. I'm not sure why they made it so difficult for us. Plus I have age already I can't afford another mc seriously. What's most irritating is pgd is not subsidized but pgs is. What's the diff right? The gst is hefty ! For me I definitely need pgd due to genetic fault. Pgs will be a bonus as I have history of mc too.. and unlikely due to genetic fault

Seems like the pricing differs from hospital to hospital and depending on the genetic condition to test.

I’m currently with KKH and looking at doing PGD after recurrent m/c at 6-7weeks. Before the most recent episode on Fri, I knew I have interstitial deletion for one of the chromosomes but somehow, went ahead with ET without opting for PGD after discussion with doc. His advice then was not necessary and no point wasting the money as I do not have that many fertilized embryos too. On hindsight, I should have done it then. It’s between suffering the blow of no embryos making it to transfer and using the body to “test” it but going through another m/c is heart-wrenching especially when you may never find out the answer to its root cause.
HugZ I hope you are coping ok now. Please take care..
for me after my first termination I was offered to do a post mortem on my baby because of the various abnormalities. I chose not to as I can't bear to dissect my baby and I just want an end to the episode. Kk offered to keep a small tissue for me in case I want to test one day. And true enough I did after my second pregnancy showed similar problem. Mathematically the chances of recurrence is 25% for autosomal recessive issue so I took a gamble . N hit me again. Just that my second pregnancy ended slightly earlier when baby decided to purge out on its own after a pprom.

And yes it's very bad for our body and emotions. I guess your gynae feels that the probability of happening again may not be high. My gynae said the same thing too. Likewise my tcm.

I have few more questions wondering if anyone can share their experience. So sorry doing my facts finding now to help decide on the next course of actions.

1. Anyone sought 2nd opinion for recurrent m/c before? Dr Choolani seems highly recommended by some on the forum.
2. Besides karotyping, what other blood tests should be done to rule out other complications?
3. When they say PGD can only be done on good embryos, is there a minimum grading they are looking at?
1. Frankly I have heard complaints abt dr choolani before from a mummy. She has bicornuate womb and has multiple mc. She's under dr choolani but he din detect it. It's prof biswas who discovered the prob. I can't rem other cases but I rem she also told me the doc dragged her case and ask her for few scan when she has already mc. Unsure of the full story though.
2. Karotyping can only show trisomy issue right? I did CMA .. which look at the chromosome in a more detailed manner. And also dna tests. Kkh offers both testings where they will send the samples to overseas for testing. Giving you an analogy, karotyping is like checking if the number of books on the shelf are in pairs. Cma will look at the individual book to make sure the paragraphing in the books are same , not missing paragraphs or having extra. DNA test will check if there's missing alphabets or incorrect spelling. My geneticist is dr tan ee shien. You might want to check with her. Also note these tests only apply when you pregnant and they require foetus sample as need to go through invasive procedures - amnio or cvs.
3. Not sure for kkh, sgh protocol is to test on day 5/6 blastocysts. Grading will then apply n I think minimally BB. Cos C grading will be deemed as having issue and won't work. For day 3 i don't think grading applies ..

If you know you have genetic condition, then doing IVF without PGD is the same as just trying to get pregnant naturally.. why spend that kind of money. I’m sorry that happened to you.

BTW, did KKH give you costing yet? I am so curious.

1. Can’t answer, sorry
  2. Karyotyping is what I did to know my BT. How did you know you have deletion then?
  3. It’s not about good or bad grade. But embryos have to survive to day5 in the Petri dish before they can take a sizeable amount of cells to test.
Hmm but I'm at sgh and the cost is closed to what the other mummy gave. She did at nuh . Ya I think our govt gets too sensitive abt the outcome of PGS. I'm not sure why they made it so difficult for us. Plus I have age already I can't afford another mc seriously. What's most irritating is pgd is not subsidized but pgs is. What's the diff right? The gst is hefty ! For me I definitely need pgd due to genetic fault. Pgs will be a bonus as I have history of mc too.. and unlikely due to genetic fault

If you are at age and have suffered MCs (I’m sorry, my heart is with you), why they don’t allow you to do PGS? Technically you can do both if you are willing to pay for both. I just asked during seminar yesterday.

BTW, PGD is subsidized at the lab level. I’m not sure what that means and whether it is cheaper for us.

Is your genetic fault like me? If yes, PGT-SR (a different PGD, PGD for translocations) does the trick of checking for the specific chromosomal imbalance + scans thru all other major chromosomal abnormalities. But if you need PGT-M (PGT for monogenic gene disorder) then it’s different.

For biopsy pricing, I have compared with another lady doing PGT-M and it is the same. I guess this is where pricing is different in different hospital.

Last edited:
If you know you have genetic condition, then doing IVF without PGD is the same as just trying to get pregnant naturally.. why spend that kind of money. I’m sorry that happened to you.

1. Can’t answer, sorry
  2. Karyotyping is what I did to know my BT. How did you know you have deletion then?
  3. It’s not about good or bad grade. But embryos have to survive to day5 in the Petri dish before they can take a sizeable amount of cells to test.

If you are at age and have suffered MCs (I’m sorry, my heart is with you), why they don’t allow you to do PGS? Technically you can do both if you are willing to pay for both. I just asked during seminar yesterday.

BTW, PGD is subsidized at the lab level. I’m not sure what that means and whether it is cheaper for us.

Is your genetic fault like me? If yes, PGT-SR (a different PGD, PGD for translocations) does the trick of checking for the specific chromosomal imbalance + scans thru all other major chromosomal abnormalities. But if you need PGT-M (PGT for monogenic gene disorder) then it’s different.

For biopsy pricing, I have compared with another lady doing PGT-M and it is the same. I guess this is where pricing is different I. different hospital.
Ya should be PGT-M. Hopefully my bill will be sent to me soon.. hope they don't charge me on the additional 1 more blast.

Unsure of the subsidy. I check with the nurse she told me there's no subsidy. If there's subsidy I reckon there should be more forms to sign to request for the subsidy . I didn't sign anything other than the consent form.

Ya should be PGT-M. Hopefully my bill will be sent to me soon.. hope they don't charge me on the additional 1 more blast.

Unsure of the subsidy. I check with the nurse she told me there's no subsidy. If there's subsidy I reckon there should be more forms to sign to request for the subsidy . I didn't sign anything other than the consent form.

I see. Anyway, 11 blast is a splendid number! When will you get results?

I see. Anyway, 11 blast is a splendid number! When will you get results?
The result was out already but I can only see it on my next appt w gynae who is currently on leave. I think I only have 2 good ones for ET based on what the nurse said. But not sure if they include the carrier. Anyway I think the outcome of the test is not as optimal as expected

The result was out already but I can only see it on my next appt w gynae who is currently on leave. I think I only have 2 good ones for ET based on what the nurse said. But not sure if they include the carrier. Anyway I think the outcome of the test is not as optimal as expected

For my condition, normal expectation is 1 normal/balanced out of 10, so I think yours is on the right track.

For me as long as healthy embryo, carrier or not don’t matter le.. stay positive!

Btw how long did your probe take to make?

1. Frankly I have heard complaints abt dr choolani before from a mummy. She has bicornuate womb and has multiple mc. She's under dr choolani but he din detect it. It's prof biswas who discovered the prob. I can't rem other cases but I rem she also told me the doc dragged her case and ask her for few scan when she has already mc. Unsure of the full story though.
2. Karotyping can only show trisomy issue right? I did CMA .. which look at the chromosome in a more detailed manner. And also dna tests. Kkh offers both testings where they will send the samples to overseas for testing. Giving you an analogy, karotyping is like checking if the number of books on the shelf are in pairs. Cma will look at the individual book to make sure the paragraphing in the books are same , not missing paragraphs or having extra. DNA test will check if there's missing alphabets or incorrect spelling. My geneticist is dr tan ee shien. You might want to check with her. Also note these tests only apply when you pregnant and they require foetus sample as need to go through invasive procedures - amnio or cvs.
3. Not sure for kkh, sgh protocol is to test on day 5/6 blastocysts. Grading will then apply n I think minimally BB. Cos C grading will be deemed as having issue and won't work. For day 3 i don't think grading applies ..
Thanks Wen22, KKH used the term karaotyping but I think it is CMA that they have done otherwise they won’t be able to pick up the chromosome deletion. I have mosaic genetic makeup which means that some genes carries this deletion and there are others which are normal.

I like to believe that docs want to try their best to help patients like us but it is just that there are so many unknowns and we can’t really afford missing out any blind spots and risking the next pregnancy (if I do even conceive again). Hence, the thought about getting a second opinion.

I have no info yet, will only get to find out more when I go for my next review in a month’s time.
My understanding is PGS will not be able to pick up specific chromosome disorder like in my case. I need to seek further clarifications during my review.

I have no info yet, will only get to find out more when I go for my next review in a month’s time.
My understanding is PGS will not be able to pick up specific chromosome disorder like in my case. I need to seek further clarifications during my review.

Maybe. I know that PGS is unable to detect small breaks for BT. Better check with your doctor about that! My experience with NUH, nurses in IVF dept can get things wrong, so definitely ask doctor.

In fact there is really not enough information about PGT in SG which is why discussions like this is so important.

Maybe. I know that PGS is unable to detect small breaks for BT. Better check with your doctor about that! My experience with NUH, nurses in IVF dept can get things wrong, so definitely ask doctor.

In fact there is really not enough information about PGT in SG which is why discussions like this is so important.
Thanks for the tip! Will go prepared and try to clarify as much as possible.

Yah very limited info and I suspect this is still a very new area for some hospitals (NUH should be leading in this field) so they are not so inclined/confident of taking up cases. Also, the concern of having to manage patients on negative outcomes. I once heard someone spending $25k with no embryos to transfer. The embryologist couldn’t explain if there is any chromosome abnormalities suggesting it could be due to clinical lapses too.

Thanks for the tip! Will go prepared and try to clarify as much as possible.

Yah very limited info and I suspect this is still a very new area for some hospitals (NUH should be leading in this field) so they are not so inclined/confident of taking up cases. Also, the concern of having to manage patients on negative outcomes. I once heard someone spending $25k with no embryos to transfer. The embryologist couldn’t explain if there is any chromosome abnormalities suggesting it could be due to clinical lapses too.

Yes, I can’t help but question their expertise in my heart too! Lol! Even tho PGD has been around for 10 years, but how many cases do they really do a year? My nurse gave me info about PGT-M when I knew I needed PGT-SR so we had to waste time going back and forth with the lab with nurse being the middleman. They don’t let me talk to lab directly too. About the thing about clinical lapse.. what a horror story, but yesterday I went for NUH IVF seminar and Prof only say that doctors don’t know why things fail.

For my condition, normal expectation is 1 normal/balanced out of 10, so I think yours is on the right track.

For me as long as healthy embryo, carrier or not don’t matter le.. stay positive!

Btw how long did your probe take to make?
I'm expecting 75% ok ones including carriers. As probability of a pathogenic one is 25%.

Result ready abt 2 weeks after biopsy

Hopefully the embryos don't have chromosomnal issue!

Thanks Wen22, KKH used the term karaotyping but I think it is CMA that they have done otherwise they won’t be able to pick up the chromosome deletion. I have mosaic genetic makeup which means that some genes carries this deletion and there are others which are normal.

I like to believe that docs want to try their best to help patients like us but it is just that there are so many unknowns and we can’t really afford missing out any blind spots and risking the next pregnancy (if I do even conceive again). Hence, the thought about getting a second opinion.
Ya I agree with you. For me, my gynae referred me to a fetal specialist who then refer me to kkh for second opinion..I guess first time when it failed we prob think it's bad luck.. second time we will be on guard. What's the next step for u now other than second opinion? Kk should have a plan for u

Ya I agree with you. For me, my gynae referred me to a fetal specialist who then refer me to kkh for second opinion..I guess first time when it failed we prob think it's bad luck.. second time we will be on guard. What's the next step for u now other than second opinion? Kk should have a plan for u
Oh they referred you to KKH for genetic counselling or a gynae for second opinion?

I may do another fresh cycle to harvest more embryos before PGD/PGS. Will give my body some time to recuperate first while I do more research and consider my options. Bioclock is clicking (I’m older than you!) but I also know that rushing wouldn’t help.

Your results are looking good. Jiayou and all the best for your coming ET!

Oh they referred you to KKH for genetic counselling or a gynae for second opinion?

I may do another fresh cycle to harvest more embryos before PGD/PGS. Will give my body some time to recuperate first while I do more research and consider my options. Bioclock is clicking (I’m older than you!) but I also know that rushing wouldn’t help.

Both geneticist and a maternal fetal specialist. I think my case was very unique and hence got into several doctors' interest. My maternal fetal doc from sgh was extremely kind to me and she referred me to several gynaes for them to share their views on my case before my decision.

You definitely need to recuperate well before next round. Kkh explored my case extensively, and I have also participated in their research program which actually supported the results for my DNA test. Whether pgd or pgs will require your gynae and geneticist recommendation.

Good luck and hope you can recover well soon. Seems like I'm only left w 2 good embryos hence finger cross. Jia you!

Both geneticist and a maternal fetal specialist. I think my case was very unique and hence got into several doctors' interest. My maternal fetal doc from sgh was extremely kind to me and she referred me to several gynaes for them to share their views on my case before my decision.

You definitely need to recuperate well before next round. Kkh explored my case extensively, and I have also participated in their research program which actually supported the results for my DNA test. Whether pgd or pgs will require your gynae and geneticist recommendation.

Good luck and hope you can recover well soon. Seems like I'm only left w 2 good embryos hence finger cross. Jia you!

All the best to you!

Is it cheaper in terms of PGD, to do another fresh first?

Think pgd can test up to 20 embies. Hence the more embies the more cost effective

I understand that biopsy cost increases with number of embryos that goes for testing.

But Probe cost is one-time ah? Nurse said my probe expires in 3 months. If it expire then I have to pay for probe to be made again. So I not sure can batch or not. Does you or milo’s probe expire?

Is it cheaper in terms of PGD, to do another fresh first?
I believe so as there is a fixed cost for the test kit and charging for biopsy depends on number of embryos (some go by range instead of per embryo). This is also the reason why I asked about the cost structure.

Back