IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

I have been having cramps for so many days. Spotting start on Saturday. So I suspect the progesterone insert is delaying my menses. Finally I master the courage to poas this morning. Unfortunately, I do not have any babydust to spread. I will stop progesterone today. It is indeed devastating for me. Time will heal.

@jas249 gd luck to u. Me no hope liao.

I have been having cramps for so many days. Spotting start on Saturday. So I suspect the progesterone insert is delaying my menses. Finally I master the courage to poas this morning. Unfortunately, I do not have any babydust to spread. I will stop progesterone today. It is indeed devastating for me. Time will heal.

Twinkletot, how many days are u? Could it be that it is still undetectable by HPT?

Hugs, this is your first fresh, don't give up.. Better luck on your FET.

Gd morning ladies & thks for all the advices.
@milogal.. i also fixed around 7plus in the morning cos need to go work but if scanning maybe need the injections will be late but the nurse say ok jus dun spread over 3 hrs.
@jas249, guess im way too stressed... see wrongly.. im left with the ovulation blocker on the scan day.
Anyway, im suay to the max... doing injection on gonal-F but the press-on doesnt move..kanchiong till max & ask hubby faster press in for me..
While doing the mixture for pervogeris, i accidentially spill some out & forget to inject the air out before injecting & poke into my fats..then when i notice n pull out. Some of the pervogeris spilled again...i really burst out crying... :'(

Gd morning ladies & thks for all the advices.
@milogal.. i also fixed around 7plus in the morning cos need to go work but if scanning maybe need the injections will be late but the nurse say ok jus dun spread over 3 hrs.
@jas249, guess im way too stressed... see wrongly.. im left with the ovulation blocker on the scan day.
Anyway, im suay to the max... doing injection on gonal-F but the press-on doesnt move..kanchiong till max & ask hubby faster press in for me..
While doing the mixture for pervogeris, i accidentially spill some out & forget to inject the air out before injecting & poke into my fats..then when i notice n pull out. Some of the pervogeris spilled again...i really burst out crying... :'(
I also had a few screw ups with my early stims... is normal.. I even prick my finger on the needle and bleed lor! Btw not removing the air in the needle is harmless.. nurse told me... try not to worry so much ya. I sense ur quite tense and anxious which may worsen things as you move along... do try to distract yrself and relax more if u can.

@twinkletot, dun gv up yet!!! As long as the bt result is not out yet, there is still a chance of bfp...could be late implantation so better dun stop ur support due ur bt result is out. Let's jia you tog n thanks for ur wishes!!!

@wondersss, i agreed wif @chloe_ng. Dun stress urself as stress wl affect the follicles growth...n is v normal to make mistake when administering the jab...i too oso v kan siong n stress up during my first few jabs esp wif the pervogeris but after awhile, u wl get used to it...n i guess it shld b ok even though u hv spilled out some...dun worry too much..jia you!!!

Gd morning ladies.. is monday...
Thks chloe n jas249.. always here for my ranting n stress... ok.. i will try to be cheery as possible..but jus feel tht life is so funny..m when things are not smooth all the surrounding beome not right.. even my car give me trouble.. cant start on a monday morning!! :confused::confused:

Twinkletots, jiayou jiayou..

Gals, for those on lucrin jab does it make u very very short tempered? This time round the lucrin jab is making me pms x10! I am so irritated by the pple around me. At work everyone annoys me! And I am barely 1 week into lucrin only. Don't know how to tahan man.. :(

Hi hopeful13, im not taking lucrin jabs so i cant help.. sorry,...

Just want to know more on what should i take during stimulation. Im only taking egg whites, red bean soup and LRD (alternative) days. for vits, only taking folic acid, DHEA and CoQ10. Therefore i just need to need is that any other things i should take to improve my eggs quality? I read that some are taking the immuoncal or some Ensure milk powder to aid the growth. Does that help???

@wondersss, I think what u take is sufficient already. Red bean soup also must see if your lining is ok. Worry if the lining become over thick if over drink red bean soup.

For me I take TCM and will go for acupuncture this time round. The TCM say can help with egg growth since I always get immature eggs.

The IVF thread some ladies drink ensure milk for protein but that one very fattening I find. Some try the anmum milk too. If ok, can just try drink as supplement. :)

Hopeful, i also scared fat!! Just went to guardian n see the ensure milk powder.. omg it require 6 scoops of the milk powder lo... so fattening... !! Are u with dr zou for the accpunture??

I will be doing it this round. I am not at suppression stage cos am on long cycle.

Where are u in the IVF procedure? :)

Hi hopeful13,

I will be starting my 1st IVF cycle this month at KKH. I'm very new to IVF, but I hope I can have enough preparation. Btw, I'm on the short protocol. So I wonder if I can do acupuncture during stim stage.

Hopeful, i also scared fat!! Just went to guardian n see the ensure milk powder.. omg it require 6 scoops of the milk powder lo... so fattening... !! Are u with dr zou for the accpunture??
Yah quite fattening nutrients gao gao.. Hahha

No Leh me went to Dr He Qiu Ling of Eu Yan Sang near maxwell hawker centre. I went there to see her to tiao my body. Apparently she has also help couples to conceive and I feel my body warming up after taking the herbs she prescribe so will stay with her for this round.

Hi hopeful13,

I will be starting my 1st IVF cycle this month at KKH. I'm very new to IVF, but I hope I can have enough preparation. Btw, I'm on the short protocol. So I wonder if I can do acupuncture during stim stage.
Yes can.. I ask my TCM she said acupuncture can be done during stim stage to help in growth.

Let's all jiayou!! U will be fine. Maybe just try eat healthier and eat more protein rich food to nourish the eggs. :)

Yah quite fattening nutrients gao gao.. Hahha

No Leh me went to Dr He Qiu Ling of Eu Yan Sang near maxwell hawker centre. I went there to see her to tiao my body. Apparently she has also help couples to conceive and I feel my body warming up after taking the herbs she prescribe so will stay with her for this round.
Oic... not sure about her but if she is good then continue to do it.. Im taking 4 eggs alternate days.. Or shall i take it everyday to maxmise to eat everyday although v sian to eat hard-boiled eggs everyday.. *faints*

Oic... not sure about her but if she is good then continue to do it.. Im taking 4 eggs alternate days.. Or shall i take it everyday to maxmise to eat everyday although v sian to eat hard-boiled eggs everyday.. *faints*
I am amazed that u still can eat 4 eggs every alternate days.. Hehe some gals can eat 7-8 eggs a day. Very amazing.. I ate 2 and quite sian Liao haha

If u can take it can just eat everyday. For me I will probably eat 2 egg whites everyday. :)

Hi,

I've been a silent reader during my 2WW and three days just before my BT, I was spotting (pinkish). It was 11dp5dt. I had it for three days and even on the morning of the BT (14dp5dt). It was worrying. I was frantically googling to see if there was anyone who had experienced the same thing and yet managed to get positive results for BT. I found comfort in some of the postings made in this forum and am very thankful for it.

Got a positive for today's BT and would like to share this experience with those who are worried about pink spotting. Don't worry that spotting or light bleeding would affect the results for BT. It might just be due to irritation from the use of the Utrogestan pessaries. I actually had a skin infection due to the oily pessaries and saw my gynae abt it today. (Cos couldn't get an appt to see Dr Tan)

@meganl & @shiro_ger , Congrats to you ladies again for crossing another hurdle! Well, I guess regardless is singleton or twins, it’s a gift from god. Meantime, do take care ya!

@mesara , glad to hear that you’re coping well. You have once again proven to be a strong & determined lady. Yeah, we might be FET cycle buddies. But do take some time to recuperate body first & hope that THH will have solutions or preventive measures for your adenomyosis. Jia You to Us! :)

@jas249 & @twinkletot , think you ladies are counting down to your BT next week? All the best!

@Iwantbaby2015 , yup Dr Shelia put me on euthyrox, aspirin, prednisolone on top of Vit D and folic acid. She also wrote a memo to THH on the treatment plan but I duno the exact details coz it was sealed and THH never show me. But I think she did suggest IVIG (not to be confused with intralipid). Even in NUH, they only do IVIG & not intralipid. So far only Dr SF Loh does intralipid. But the cost for IVIG is in thousands. Then in between stim I also had BT to check on my T4 & TSH levels coz she mention the stim drugs will cause these levels to rise which is not good. So we have to do a balancing act and up my med dosage if the levels are not ideal. Anyway, my previous rheumatologist also told me it’s hard for me to conceive base on my existing condition. But I guess they are not in the area of reproductive immunology thus they might have be able to advise further. Perhaps you can goggle more on Dr Shelia first before deciding if you want to see her. PM me if you need more details ok. Are you currently on medication for your rheumatism issues?

@wondersss , for me I normally will just continue to jab in the morning and then head down for scan since I always have a fixed timing to jab anyway. Basically I just follow the instructions on the injection sheet.

Milogal88, thank you for sharing . I am not under any medication now. I heard abt IVIG and it is very exp..I heard is abt $2k plus each time( not sure true or not).

R u planning to do IVIG?

Hi,

I've been a silent reader during my 2WW and three days just before my BT, I was spotting (pinkish). It was 11dp5dt. I had it for three days and even on the morning of the BT (14dp5dt). It was worrying. I was frantically googling to see if there was anyone who had experienced the same thing and yet managed to get positive results for BT. I found comfort in some of the postings made in this forum and am very thankful for it.

Got a positive for today's BT and would like to share this experience with those who are worried about pink spotting. Don't worry that spotting or light bleeding would affect the results for BT. It might just be due to irritation from the use of the Utrogestan pessaries. I actually had a skin infection due to the oily pessaries and saw my gynae abt it today. (Cos couldn't get an appt to see Dr Tan)
Hi shinkirou, thanks for sharing!!! Congrat!!! :)

Hope to collect ur bb dust!!! :)

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

I have half a packet left of Brazil nuts (140g) to give away. Do PM me if you are keen. Bought it in March 2015, expiry date is December 2015. :)

Hi,

Congrats!!:)

Hi,

Thanks for sharing Shinkirou!! grabbing your baby dust... :)

Hi,

Congrats! Grabbing your baby dust! :)

hi all, is anyone familiar with the cost of ICSI & culturing the embryoes to D5 blastocysts?

I have 12 eggs left - not fertilized. There are 2 options for the way ahead:
(1) Make 1 attempt. Thaw 12 eggs to perform IVF-ICSI. If we have more than 2 embryoes, then culture to D5 blastocysts to get the best embryoes for transfer.
(2) Make 2 attempts. Each time thaw 6 eggs to perform IVF-ICSI and target to have 1-2 viable embryoes to transfer.

As cost is a factor, I hope to have more info abt the ICSI cost (i think abt $4000) and blasto cost (??) to decide one or two.

If cost permits, I think there is more chance to do 2 attempts..

I have no more opportunity to receive govt grants...

hi all, is anyone familiar with the cost of ICSI & culturing the embryoes to D5 blastocysts?

I have 12 eggs left - not fertilized. There are 2 options for the way ahead:
(1) Make 1 attempt. Thaw 12 eggs to perform IVF-ICSI. If we have more than 2 embryoes, then culture to D5 blastocysts to get the best embryoes for transfer.
(2) Make 2 attempts. Each time thaw 6 eggs to perform IVF-ICSI and target to have 1-2 viable embryoes to transfer.

As cost is a factor, I hope to have more info abt the ICSI cost (i think abt $4000) and blasto cost (??) to decide one or two.

If cost permits, I think there is more chance to do 2 attempts..

I have no more opportunity to receive govt grants...

Hi,

I did blastocyst culture for my fresh cycle recently. Had 11 eggs retrieved but only 7 fertilised by ICSI. Had 1 D5 blastocyst and 2 Day 4 morulas on my ET day. Took a big risk. I had a single blastocyst transferred back and the other two were poor quality blastocysts on Day 6 so I did not have any embryos to be frozen.

My blastocyst culture cost $325 and the OPU+ICSI cost $4200. Since urs doesn't involve OPU, it should be cheaper.

Hope you'll find it useful.

Hi,

I did blastocyst culture for my fresh cycle recently. Had 11 eggs retrieved but only 7 fertilised by ICSI. Had 1 D5 blastocyst and 2 Day 4 morulas on my ET day. Took a big risk. I had a single blastocyst transferred back and the other two were poor quality blastocysts on Day 6 so I did not have any embryos to be frozen.

My blastocyst culture cost $325 and the OPU+ICSI cost $4200. Since urs doesn't involve OPU, it should be cheaper.

Hi... can ask what is OPU? Were u with kkh? My numbers sound quite similar to yours but sadly I wasn't successful even with a blast.

Hi... can ask what is OPU? Were u with kkh? My numbers sound quite similar to yours but sadly I wasn't successful even with a blast.

Hi Chloe,

The clinic uses the term OPU (Oocyte pick up) but we usually say egg retrieval.

Yes, I'm with KKIVF. My dr is Dr Tan HH. I was informed on day 2 ET that I can go for blastocyst culture cos I had 4 good embryos. It was a big risk cos I know I might end up with none on day 5. Luckily, we had 3 embryos on day 5 ET and Dr Tan gave us the option to do single or double embryos transfer.

Hi..I'm starting on blastocyst FET soon. I'm on progynova.my last fresh cycle in Nov failed. I'm determined to make sure I succeed this time. I don't hv menses unless on medication and even if I hv, it's v little so I presume my lining is nv thick. So I've been reading to thickening my lining, I'm starting to take red bean soup & I read at raspberry leaf tea helps too. Anyone here have taken this combination b4? Is it too much??

Thanks @Shinkirou your info was right on the spot. I am constantly surprised by the amt of collective wisdom in these forums :) So I read about THH performing all these blasto for you ladies. However, when I enquired about it as an option, he wasn't really supportive. I can't quite figure out what's different in our cases...

Your big risk has paid off with your single blasto. Congrats once again on your BFP.

Hi,

Thanks @Shinkirou your info was right on the spot. I am constantly surprised by the amt of collective wisdom in these forums :) So I read about THH performing all these blasto for you ladies. However, when I enquired about it as an option, he wasn't really supportive. I can't quite figure out what's different in our cases...

Your big risk has paid off with your single blasto. Congrats once again on your BFP.

bunnymuimui,

I read that NUH actually monitors the development of the embryos and they can do transfer on either day 3, 4 or 5. If the embryos' development isn't as promising, they will not wait till day 5. I'm not sure if KKH can provide such a service.

Dr Tan didn't actually share much with me about blastocyst culture. I did the research on my own after hearing abt it from a friend and asked the reception nurse before my OPU. On my scheduled ET day, Dr Tan wasn't ard and the doctor who was taking over him told me that I could go for blastocyst culture. So I'm pretty surprised too. I don't know what's the criteria to be eligible for blastocyst culture. This is my first cycle and I'm 34. It might be because I had 4 good quality embryos.

All the hospitals do daily monitoring. It seems that NUH is more patient-oriented by giving them daily updates on how the embryoes are doing. Unlike KKH only update us when we are on the transfer bed with a full bladder. Can be quite heart breaking to find out then if no viable embryoes for transfer.

My husband told me not to overanalyze based on fellow sisters' case since we'll never understand the doctors' protocols. I guess I am driving him nuts with a new theory every day.

Really happy for you that you are on the way to be a mommy.

I have a 4yo from my first cycle. Every night I pick her up after work, I tell myself that she's perfect and I cannot be greedy even if my bid for #2 doesnt work out... I must hold myself together for her.

bunnymuimui,

I read that NUH actually monitors the development of the embryos and they can do transfer on either day 3, 4 or 5. If the embryos' development isn't as promising, they will not wait till day 5. I'm not sure if KKH can provide such a service.

Dr Tan didn't actually share much with me about blastocyst culture. I did the research on my own after hearing abt it from a friend and asked the reception nurse before my OPU. On my scheduled ET day, Dr Tan wasn't ard and the doctor who was taking over him told me that I could go for blastocyst culture. So I'm pretty surprised too. I don't know what's the criteria to be eligible for blastocyst culture. This is my first cycle and I'm 34. It might be because I had 4 good quality embryos.

hi @missyserene how do you know that yours will be blasto FET?

Hi..I'm starting on blastocyst FET soon. I'm on progynova.my last fresh cycle in Nov failed. I'm determined to make sure I succeed this time. I don't hv menses unless on medication and even if I hv, it's v little so I presume my lining is nv thick. So I've been reading to thickening my lining, I'm starting to take red bean soup & I read at raspberry leaf tea helps too. Anyone here have taken this combination b4? Is it too much??

All the hospitals do daily monitoring. It seems that NUH is more patient-oriented by giving them daily updates on how the embryoes are doing. Unlike KKH only update us when we are on the transfer bed with a full bladder. Can be quite heart breaking to find out then if no viable embryoes for transfer.

My husband told me not to overanalyze based on fellow sisters' case since we'll never understand the doctors' protocols. I guess I am driving him nuts with a new theory every day.

Really happy for you that you are on the way to be a mommy.

I have a 4yo from my first cycle. Every night I pick her up after work, I tell myself that she's perfect and I cannot be greedy even if my bid for #2 doesnt work out... I must hold myself together for her.

Thank you, bunnymuimui. =)

I agree with your husband that we tend to overanalyze things. We'll always try to find a reason for everything that happens. Maybe it's just women's nature. Ha. Sometimes, it can really get a little obsessive. We must constantly remind ourselves that we are all blessed in different ways (loving and supportive husband and for you, a lovely daughter). If the cycle is successful, it's a bonus.

I believe Dr Tan would do his best to help all of us. =) All the best for this cycle!

Hi All.. just want to know more about ivf in KKH with dr tan.. i have fixed a 1st appt with him in early july. and i have got a referral letter from a private gyane to do IVF. So am wondering, how long would it take from my 1st appt to do the ivf treatment? any one knows? i have also done before checking husband SA and my Fallopian tubes checked in another hospital when i was with private gynae. Hope someone here can share with me.. thanks all... PCOS here :(

Hi All.. just want to know more about ivf in KKH with dr tan.. i have fixed a 1st appt with him in early july. and i have got a referral letter from a private gyane to do IVF. So am wondering, how long would it take from my 1st appt to do the ivf treatment? any one knows? i have also done before checking husband SA and my Fallopian tubes checked in another hospital when i was with private gynae. Hope someone here can share with me.. thanks all... PCOS here :(
Hi tryingforbaby, you need to bring all the records to see Dr Tan on your first visit and the referral letter. Also if you have recently done any blood test do bring it along too as it might save u some time to do the blood test.

The blood test and scan might take a while as some test have to coincide with certain days of your menses cycle. After all the test, you still need to attend IVF briefing before starting IVF. If everything goes smoothly and no further checks required, estimate about 2-3 mths for seeing Dr Tan to do IVF. If I remember correctly, slots for IVF now is up to maybe Sep? Other sisters can correct me if I am wrong.

All the best to you! You can come here to chat and learn abt IVF. This is where I get a whole lot of information from the sisters here. :)

Hi tryingforbaby, you need to bring all the records to see Dr Tan on your first visit and the referral letter. Also if you have recently done any blood test do bring it along too as it might save u some time to do the blood test.

The blood test and scan might take a while as some test have to coincide with certain days of your menses cycle. After all the test, you still need to attend IVF briefing before starting IVF. If everything goes smoothly and no further checks required, estimate about 2-3 mths for seeing Dr Tan to do IVF. If I remember correctly, slots for IVF now is up to maybe Sep? Other sisters can correct me if I am wrong.

All the best to you! You can come here to chat and learn abt IVF. This is where I get a whole lot of information from the sisters here. :)

thank you hopeful13. aww... still some more wait ... thought can do it within a month or 2..

Hello ladies, my af jus came. I'm going for my first scan on D2. What should I bring and prepare for tomorrow? I'm kinda of scare and worry.

Hi Curiousbabe12, just bring yourself will do... Press no.1 for your Q-no, 2 slips of Q-no will come out.. Write your name & i/c no on 1 of the Q-no and drop in the white box (just opp the Q machine).. Thats all.. ;);)
After the scan, you will have to wait outside the room again & the doc will call u (same Q-no) to Room 3 or 4 and let you know what injections and etc to take.
Next, go pharmacy collect the injections & go back to the IVF ctr & press No.3 to learn how to inject and etc.. dont worry, the nurses there are friendly & helpful.. Jiayou!

Hi Curiousbabe12, just bring yourself will do... Press no.1 for your Q-no, 2 slips of Q-no will come out.. Write your name & i/c no on 1 of the Q-no and drop in the white box (just opp the Q machine).. Thats all.. ;);)
After the scan, you will have to wait outside the room again & the doc will call u (same Q-no) to Room 3 or 4 and let you know what injections and etc to take.
Next, go pharmacy collect the injections & go back to the IVF ctr & press No.3 to learn how to inject and etc.. dont worry, the nurses there are friendly & helpful.. Jiayou!

Thanks Wonderss.
Should I go early morning to take Q-no?

Back