IVF with KKH (Dr Matthew Lau)

Cheerywalnut and meilingg pls remembered ur high protein diet.. I had bad ohss and was hospitalised for a mth.

Niece, oh dear it must have been tough. thanks for the advice. Yes taking egg whites daily now. Did u take egg whites too?

Cheerywalnut: this is not my fresh cycle. Im using frozen embryo this time. My ER and ET for my fresh cycle was not done by dr lau as he was away for a conference. When I told that attendin dr abt my bloatedness he told me its ok and could proceed with the transfer. I had severe ohss. happened that the day was i admitted it was dr lau last day of his conference leave and he saw me ib the ward the following day. After my horrible ohss I started to have bleedin and had pprom and lost my twin at 18 weeks of pregnancy. Therefore durin the frozen embryo transfer I make sure dr lau was ard and didnt wan any other dr to interfere my regime. I wouldnt be pregnant now if I didnt insist the ivf clinic dr to call dr lau when they wanted to abort that cycle. And because of my past history dr lau is very careful with my current pregnancy and anythin I will email him and he will reply me on the same day. He also review me closely cos he worried too. When I passed my first trimester, he was happy for me and told me my pregnancy is stable. Therefore im so grateful and happy to have him as my attendin dr. Dun worry, I know he will also give u all the gift he had given to me.

Hi niece, congrats on your success. Like cheerywalnuts, I'm currently at stimulation stage too. I'm always worried I may develop ohss as I have pcos history. How about u? I guess that's why doc gave me a lower dosage of puregon. Only 133.3 each jab.
Another worry.. thin lining..
Oh dear ladies.. I'm getting worried.. :(

Cheerywalnut and meilingg pls remembered ur high protein diet.. I had bad ohss and was hospitalised for a mth.

Oh gosh! That was bad!

After ET, i got no sign of bloatness yet...

Although you suffered bad ohss, God is good to you and everything is worthwhile!

Now you take good care till delivery~

Cheerywalnut: this is not my fresh cycle. Im using frozen embryo this time. My ER and ET for my fresh cycle was not done by dr lau as he was away for a conference. When I told that attendin dr abt my bloatedness he told me its ok and could proceed with the transfer. I had severe ohss. happened that the day was i admitted it was dr lau last day of his conference leave and he saw me ib the ward the following day. After my horrible ohss I started to have bleedin and had pprom and lost my twin at 18 weeks of pregnancy. Therefore durin the frozen embryo transfer I make sure dr lau was ard and didnt wan any other dr to interfere my regime. I wouldnt be pregnant now if I didnt insist the ivf clinic dr to call dr lau when they wanted to abort that cycle. And because of my past history dr lau is very careful with my current pregnancy and anythin I will email him and he will reply me on the same day. He also review me closely cos he worried too. When I passed my first trimester, he was happy for me and told me my pregnancy is stable. Therefore im so grateful and happy to have him as my attendin dr. Dun worry, I know he will also give u all the gift he had given to me.

Yup, must agreed Dr Lau is very understanding and he will do the best for us. Just like he from the start do not want me to transfer 2 embryos to avoid twins complication. He just dont want anything to happen halfway and not only effort wasted, emotional feelings is another thing.

Now i just hope blastocyst will be a real sticky and growing one...

Hi niece, congrats on your success. Like cheerywalnuts, I'm currently at stimulation stage too. I'm always worried I may develop ohss as I have pcos history. How about u? I guess that's why doc gave me a lower dosage of puregon. Only 133.3 each jab.

Dont worry sumiko! Stay positive! Drink more red bean if you got lining issue. You still got a few days before your next scan...

Sumiko83: I also have pcos. I dosage was 150 units. Even before the transfer the ivf dr already told me that my ovaries were very swollen. And told me to be careful cos afraid the ovaries may burst or twisted and they still continue my doseage of injection. At that time I also didnt think of consulting dr lau cos I trust the ivf dr. After what happen, I trust no one except for dr lau. I even told dr lau that I trust no one except u. There were a few incidents that made me only listen and trust him.

I think dr lau was very stressful when he did my frozen cycle cos I only have 2 embroyes left. Cos he knew that I was traumatized by the severe ohss. I had fluid in the lungs and required a chest tube to remove the fluid. And I had the tube inserted twice cos after 2 weeks stay I was discharged and the fluid accumulated again and I was hospitalised for another 2 weeks with another chest drain.

Niece, sorry to hear what u have been thru. It was devastating. Was tt attending dr a stand in doc or from ivf centre? Glad tt Dr lau took over and provide u all the support.

I am referred by polyclinic and assigned to Dr Jerry.

Sumiko83, I also worried about lining. Realised tt red bean soup really helps. After 2 days of it, my AF came back abit. Will continue taking it alternate days. I too have pcos. :/

Niece and sumiko83, so for pcos the normal dosage for puregon is 100 to 150 units? I am given 200 units. Do we get to see dr from 2nd scan onwards?

Don't worry cheerywalnuts. . Though I'm worried too. Let's try to be positive, we are cycle buddies. :) Yep I try to have a bowl of red bean soup everyday. Getting sick of eating eggs. Sometimes feel very sorry for the chickens. We are eating so many eggs each day plus chicken essence. Jiayou!! One more jab to our second scan on monday. :)

Cheerywalnut : so who is ur dr now? Jerry tan or dr lau?

Sorry to say that it was dr jerry who told me to continue with the injection.. and the best thing was ivf staff stamp dr sandana' name on my chart. So when the sonographer notice my ovaries were too swollen they called dr sandana and she advised me to stop the injection. And when I told her im dr lau' s pt she refer me back to dr jerry tan. Somemore I still ask jerry tan y his management is diff from dr sandana. And it was then I heard that dr lau had just flew to attend conference. And thinin that since his patients are being care of to him I followed his advise.

Don't worry cheerywalnuts. . Though I'm worried too. Let's try to be positive, we are cycle buddies. :) Yep I try to have a bowl of red bean soup everyday. Getting sick of eating eggs. Sometimes feel very sorry for the chickens. We are eating so many eggs each day plus chicken essence. Jiayou!! One more jab to our second scan on monday. :)

Yap! Feel the same too. But no choice tt's the way to prevent ohss. Yes looking forward to mon too! Jiayou! ;)

What I understand from him is if the embryo can survive to become a blastocyst, then the chances are better. U must relax cos if too stressful can affect ur implantation. So when are u gg? Im seein him this comin tues. Jia you ok. Dun worry be happy. And dun eat too much 'bu' and coolin stuff.

What I understand from him is if the embryo can survive to become a blastocyst, then the chances are better. U must relax cos if too stressful can affect ur implantation. So when are u gg? Im seein him this comin tues. Jia you ok. Dun worry be happy. And dun eat too much 'bu' and coolin stuff.

The blastocyst already inside my womb. But dunno if implantation occurs or not. I transferred this tue, so today is day 5.

Not much symptom so far...

Cheerywalnut : so who is ur dr now? Jerry tan or dr lau?

Sorry to say that it was dr jerry who told me to continue with the injection.. and the best thing was ivf staff stamp dr sandana' name on my chart. So when the sonographer notice my ovaries were too swollen they called dr sandana and she advised me to stop the injection. And when I told her im dr lau' s pt she refer me back to dr jerry tan. Somemore I still ask jerry tan y his management is diff from dr sandana. And it was then I heard that dr lau had just flew to attend conference. And thinin that since his patients are being care of to him I followed his advise.

Niece, I am under Dr jerry chan. I haven't get to meet him in person yet from my past 2 consultations. Was attended by diff drs each time.

So 2nd scan is on ovaries? Kinda of worried now as my dosage is higher compared to urs & sumiko83.

Niece, I am under Dr jerry chan. I haven't get to meet him in person yet from my past 2 consultations. Was attended by diff drs each time.

So 2nd scan is on ovaries? Kinda of worried now as my dosage is higher compared to urs & sumiko83.

Why you were attended by differ docs instead of him?

I also went to get referral letter from polyclinic and was assigned to dr lau. That time never thought of ivf, just want a check on whats wrong...

The doc who review the scan results won't be Dr lau right? I was told by Dr lau that he will do ET and ER for me. Before I start with ivf, he sees me at clinic D. Then after all the necessary tests, I was then transferred to ivf Centre.

The doc who review the scan results won't be Dr lau right? I was told by Dr lau that he will do ET and ER for me. Before I start with ivf, he sees me at clinic D. Then after all the necessary tests, I was then transferred to ivf Centre.

Review scans, nope. you will only see him during ER and ET.

Why you were attended by differ docs instead of him?

I also went to get referral letter from polyclinic and was assigned to dr lau. That time never thought of ivf, just want a check on whats wrong...

I also not sure, the 2nd visit he seems to be attending to other patients cos the dr attending to me told me he was next door and have discussed my case with him. Just informed me the results of SIS scan and referred us to ivf center.

Oh so the dosage is decided by another dr? Wah so many drs.. blurz ..

Same dosage as me, but i dont have pcos.

Yap tt's what worries me cos from the 2nd visit, the attending dr cleared me from pcos but my menses are still very irregular. So not sure if there's diff puregon dosage for pcos & non-pcos.
Hope everything will go well.

Last edited:
Don't get too worried cheerywalnuts. Just watch out for any discomfort. Let's wait for 2nd scan. He cleared u from pcos likely from your blood test or scan. Any doubts just clarify with the doc on monday. Don't get too worried. Just take good care of ourselves now.

Sumiko83, yap from what I know is from the SIS scan. Was quite surprised when told abt it. But will we get to see any dr on 2nd scan? Cos meilingg mentioned only during er & et then will ser our drs?

Meilingg, which dr will we see for 2nd scan?

Last edited:
No no. Dosage is decided by ur own dr. But during scans review, room 3 and 4 got their own drs that will handle.

I saw the nurse took my form and went into room 4. Then informed me to collect meds from pharmacy. The dr stamp was the dr who briefed us during counselling.

Sumiko83, yap from what I know is from the SIS scan. Was quite surprised when told abt it. I was diagnosed with pcos by kkh in my teens. But will we get to see any dr on 2nd scan? Cos meilingg mentioned only during er & et then will ser our drs?

Meilingg, which dr will we see for 2nd scan?

At ivf centre, all scans review will be their group of doc.

You will only see your own dr during ER and ET

I saw the nurse took my form and went into room 4. Then informed me to collect meds from pharmacy. The dr stamp was the dr who briefed us during counselling.

Hmm... Cos for me, when i first went, cos lining too thick never go down, so they ask me to wait while they go and seek advice from dr lau. Dr lau then asked them to prescribe 3 days syringe and go back for scan again.

At ivf centre, all scans review will be their group of doc.

You will only see your own dr during ER and ET

Oic so do we get to see the dr there? Or just scan le then get prescription from nurse just like 1st scan?

Will there be consultation on how was our body progress like after each scan?

Oic so do we get to see the dr there? Or just scan le then get prescription from nurse just like 1st scan?

Will there be consultation on how was our body progress like after each scan?

After scanning, wait for the same # to be called. It will be at either room 3 or 4.

They will tell you what to do next. Ya, will review on hows your scan etc.

Cheerywalnut: durin my ivf I was seeing those ivf dr . And when I wanted to start my thaw cycle it was handled by ivf dr too. But whenever there something I find not right I will email dr lau or request to see him. Then the nurse will bring me over to clinic d. Before I started my ivf I was already seein dr lau as a private pt therefore I did not encounter so many diff dr.

Cheerywalnut: durin my ivf I was seeing those ivf dr . And when I wanted to start my thaw cycle it was handled by ivf dr too. But whenever there something I find not right I will email dr lau or request to see him. Then the nurse will bring me over to clinic d. Before I started my ivf I was already seein dr lau as a private pt therefore I did not encounter so many diff dr.

Oic will check with the ivf drs then. Thanks! :) Hope everything goes smoothly. My 1st meeting with Dr Jerry will be my ER.

Meilingg: dun worry. I didnt have any symptoms too after dr lau transfer the blastocyst. Just relax and enjoy ur HL.

Anything to take note during the waiting? Like food etc? Do you sleep sideway?

I just insert the utrogestan, now lying flat and i just felt a very sharp cramps... It seems a shortwhile...

Do you do the insert everyday same timing?

Back