IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

Baby,

When my babies were young, they can wear FITTI Basic without leakage. As they get older, it leaks when they wear overnight.

Now wanna wear during the day only.

I think the purpose of giving free fm sample is to get more customers =p U can choose from GAIN, SIMILAC or I think the other one is Milk for preggy women. Not very sure

Yes 20%

Happy
Ya lor.. The price went up... Ntuc selling at $44.90
Carrefour selling at $45 ah... They up $4.20 ah.. Thats alot!

Thanks for the Links, rose
happy.gif

Thanks rose n baby for the recommendations on the avent bottom balm. Grab 2 tubes from d Og sale. But I cld not find d avent powder though. The Og sales assistant told me phillips stop carrying this pdt n ask me chk at robinsons..

Gan, maybe will decide which size to stock up nearer to edd cos dunno wat will b the babies' weights then. Hopefully there will b sales in jun.

Btw, ladies.. Taiseng hving 10% disc on all strollers till 27th apr. Just now went Og also hving 10% so I guess everywhere is hving 10% since combi prices are controlled.. It's only a matter of gaining points if u hv the member card fm tt store.

Mummies, do u kw where can we get Lansinoh nipple cream? And also getting storage bottles or milk bags better?

Wanna ask mummies who BF, do u also standby fm initially in case supply dun kick in yet? Which brand is recommended for NBs?

Baby, I read tt u do swaddle Yr babies when they are out. Wat do u use to swaddle Yr babies? I bought 4 receiving blankets jus now n Tot cloth nappies can also b used to swaddle babies.. Jus tt cloth nappies are much thinner n I wonders is it enuff to keep them warm enuff?

Singapoh, The car seats easy to install? Jus now went tai Seng n still clueless Hw to install.. The Combi auntie did tell us can get now n go bk to them n install later but I find wat's d point since it will only tk up space now.

Which model did u get? D $429 with absorber corocco or d $369 corocco?

Grumpus, thanks for advising to get d convertible ones. The auntie also told us the same thing tt NBs to 1yo must b seated in reverse direction which is safer. Though it's more exp but for safety sake, we decided to stretch our budget a bit more to get d convertible ones.

rostrum, dont really need nipple cream. i never use any thru the 4 mths of pumping..just use the bm to apply on nipples. most natural.

storage bottles takes up space in the fridge as compared to bags. i use up bm v fast, so i use bottles..more convenient for me to use heat up and feed bb...

my babies are taking enfalac. i din buy in advanced.. waited for them to pop, check with PD before buying.

i used to swaddle my bbs with nappy cloth at home..if go out, i also use nappy cloth..but bring along another thicker blanket in case it gets cold in air conditioned places. i stop swaddling them at 1 month plus...

Panda, will latching cause d nipples to b sore? I intend to latch if possible during d 1st mth n thereafter pumping out.
U still BF? Yr supply must b v good to cater to 3 babies' needs.. I m worried for a start I might not hv good supply n babies hungry so got the intention to partial feed with fm if supply really not enuff.

Btw, is it true tt during pregnancy if there is milk leaking out means the supply will b good after giving birth?

Ok, tink 4 receiving blankets n 2 swaddling blankets is enuff Liao.. Will swaddle them with cloth nappies when at home. The receiving blankets can use to cover them when they grows bigger..

rostrum,
i hv one small tube of medela nipple cream which i bought to stand by but i don't need.
u want? PM me yr add and i mail to u. good to hv one tube on standby but really not necessary cos if u latch correctly, nipples shouldn't be sore.

for bm storage, start with bottles first cos they're more economical. if you hv excess then transfer to milk bags to freeze. if u need milkbags can always buy online so it's very convenient. no need to buy and standby first.

rostrum, i dun hv sore nipples from pumping or latching. i pump most of the time coz 3 bbs.. i need to distribute the bm evenly.. latch only when bbs fuss n dun wanna drink from bottle or at night when too lazy to get up to make fm..

i still pumping away... my ss is not enuff for 3. i supplement with fm. average bbs only can get 2 rounds of bm per day.

Starnight,
Haven't seen u ard for quite some time. Btw the reason y the jul thread is quiet is cos almost everyone is in the FB group now. Easier to chat & post there esp since info can be categorized.

As for your bb weight, don't worry. Each of my twins is bigger than yours and dr Loh says they r of gd wt too. It'll just mean we may have a harder time when it comes to delivering naturally that's all.

Grumpus, pm u
happy.gif

I bought 3 pigeon storage bottles yesterday as d lady told me is compatible to Medela freestyle pump. Dun tink 3 bottles enuff right? Initially wanted to get avent cups form but v exp!

Panda, tt is v determined of u to BF till now.. Coming to 4 mths liao right? Ya.. 3 babies not easy to supplement fully with bm.

I guess by the time my babies out, I wld hv to ask my fren who is an expert in BF to come over to guide me d proper way n gimme some tips.. Hope to BF as long as i can.

rostrum,
got yr PM
happy.gif

actually all standard neck bottles will be compatible with the freestyle. only the wide neck ones like avent will not be.
what i did last time was i didn't buy storage bottles cos they're overpriced! i just went to kiddy palace where they hv a huge selection of different brands of milk bottles. i looked for the cheapest standard neck bottle (that time i bought tollyjoy, paid abt $4-$5 per bottle). i invested in 5 x 240ml bottles and used those as my storage bottles. they can chilled, sterilised and reused many times. just can't be frozen.

Hi gals
Just a general question, if u bfp under kkh doc Loh, do u continue see him till u give birth or change to a pte gynea? If want to change gynea, when will u gals do it? After the first scan or after hcg bt test positive?? Any advise? As i hv two mc bad experience two yrs ago so i need more attention fr the gynea to gives me more support on the medi use too.. So very worried that doc Loh cant gives me the attention i need if i bfp..wonder when is the best time to change gynea, hence need u gals advise on ur own experience.. Thk u gals..

Rostrum
I use cloth nappy to wrap them.. I also bought 4 pcs of thicker cloth from tmc to wrap them at night cos they sleep in aircon rm.. The cloth nappy too thin...
The cloth frm tmc is good.. Big enough if u still wana wrap them when they are bigger.. Im still using it to wrap my girls now who are 4 mths plus at night when they sleep... The nappy cloth too small...

Today first time use j&j top to toe bath wash.. Not bad.. Thou not as fragnant as avent.. But ok la.. More econmical to use j&j... I put some in the bath water.. Just bathe and i never rinse off.. Is it ok?

Baby,
Are ur babies still using the swaddle cloth from tmc ?
I bought 2 packs last wk n am thinking if they are enough.
Was told that when Bbies grow, the nappies will be too small to swaddle them.

Wanna ask - do u gers use avert milk bottles? The wide neck ones. I used it & it leaks until whole bb can be wet... We tried to tighten the bottle neck but sometimes not tight enough will still leak.

Want to buy new milk bottles any good recommendations?

Day
Yes im still using the cloth from tmc.. Its big enough to wrap bigger bbs...

JJ
The avent bottle must have tactic to close it tight to prevent leakage.. U can try to turn backwards then close it tight.. Hmm i also dont know how to explain...

syrah, long time no "see"!! haha
Oh i see, no wonder the thread has gone so quiet these days.
Yep, I am beginning to worry when I thought about the delivery process. I hope I can deliver naturally since C-sec takes longer time to recover. Just hope my baby won't grow too big towards the end of my pregnancy.
happy.gif

Getting stressd up too, at week 29, already put on 11kg. Wonder how much will I put on at the end... *faint*

JJ, try dr brown. the avent bottles if too tight will trap air and cause colic. I changed to dr brown at the recommendation of my PD.

rostrum, dont get avent cups. i dun like it.. the numbers on the cup very difficult to read. esp at night..i have difficulty telling how much bm is in each cup.

grumpus, ya, tts wat the sales assistant told me too...she told me all standard neck size can fit while wide ones cannot fit. I got 3 storage pigeon bottles for $12.40 after discount. So 1 work out to be abt $4.10..Maybe buy 3 to try out first cos not sure hw is the supply...later part then decide whether to get milk bags or more bottles..
happy.gif

baby, ya, I got 4 thicker receiving blankets...tinking to wrap them at night too...day time will be cloth nappies ba...

Day, 2 shd be enuff le ba cos they outgrown v fast!

Panda, ok...wanna ask u for Dr Brown bottles, issit difficult to wash?

Joanne, if u bfp with multiples, suggest u stick to kkh as worried there might be complications later...if singletons is much easier. U can chg as and when u like it...

I m preggie with twins and currently seeing 2 doctors concurrently..

rostrum, the parts of dr brown bottles are slightly more complicated than avent ones. need to take more effort to clean them

Hi rostrum
Thk u for your advise.. May i know whts ur hcg bt result at what day? U r having boy and gal? Soo nice to hv twins..;) is the due date one mth earlier? Hmm..may i know why r u seeing two doctors? Both fr kkh? Thk u.. Hv a safe delivery..;) as i hv miscarriage twice two yrs ago so very worried now and need a more attentive gynea fr pte hospital.. Hence, wonder shd i get the support once test bfp fr pte gynea or still wait for scan two wks later at kkh? If singleton, when do u suggest shd i change? Thk u for ur advise..;)

Blissful I have a pupsik musing cover, u want? I never used it coz outside I feed fm or ebm. But have washed it coz tot will be using. Can give that to you coz it's sitting in my wardrobe as I have no use

U can check pupsik website to see how it looks like.

If u want, pm me. We can arrange how I pass to u.

Gan
Ya its much cheaper but hor after bath.. No nice smell on bb body le.. Not like avent where there is nice lingering smell on my bbs body and hair... Maybe got fragnace also no good for bb skin but i like my girls smell nice nice le.. Hee..
Btw how much j&j u put in the bath water? I press a few pumps...
Did u buy any carrier like bjorn to carry yr bb?

Panda
U still using the pupsik pouch? I find not v good to use leh...
Maybe cos bb still small to front carry them... My bbs also dont like... Im thinking to buy a carrier instead.. So dont have to push two strollers out... Can use carrier and a stroller..

Baby u can use the pupsik pouch to cradle carry ur Bb?? I bot the XL pouch n then bring my Bb to mothercare n ask them show me how to carry my Bb coz at home whenever I try, Bb will struggle n cry. The sales said my Bb is too big for cradle carry.=s but now her neck is not that stable yet so I can't front carry too. Not sure if I shld buy a carrier. The agapebabies selling bjorn air $130 but now no stock. I m afraid buy , become another white elephant at home.

Waiting for my gal to wake up to bring her up OG buy toys.

Mummies
Im interested in the baby bjorn comfort carrier... Any comments? Cos i like is can carry bigger bb up to 2yrs old.. And can carry inward facing with bb mimic sitting position rather than hanging on the crotch...
And if i buy other bjorn carrier now.. I miss the stage to carry them frm nb... Comfort is to carry 4mths old bb and bigger..

Rostrum,

Still haven't install yet. There is a manual to refer and u can also watch video in YouTube. Mine is $369.

Baby,

When baby can walk, they will wanna walk and walk. Some won't even want to stay in the stroller because they prefer walking. Don't think many people here put a 2 year old in a carrier. Also also bad for yr back.

Blissful,
Yup my elder girl is super sticky plus she never sit stroller. So if she tired I hv no choice but to carry lor

gals, those of u who are keen to buy the play yard off the BP, prices are going to go up soon. i am placing order for May's shipment before price hike.

Panda
Does outside sell similar play yard also? Cos i hope to see the actual tin before buying from BP..

Gan
No.. My girls too big for cradle hold.. I carry them using front carry.. Means their legs are out.. But they are still small for front carry so i will pull them close to my chest.. So not hands free.. But at least hands not so suan..

Singapoh
I know babies also dont like to be carried for a long time if they know how to walk.. But cos i have two bbs.. Bringing two strollers out v mafan.. So thinking to get a carrier.. At least only need to bring one stroller out..

Grumpus, i am afriad my gal is like your elder gal...wants to be carried!!! Brought her shopping today, she kept crying and wants to be carried.=S not sure is it coz our helper was pushing the stroller and she is not familar with her. She cried so bad at centrepoint that i was very xin tong....kept crying even though i carry her. later when we went shop and save, she wants to be carried too. maybe it's a good excuse to buy a carrier. =P

Blissful, replied your pm.
happy.gif

Back