IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

Morning STB,

My scan is 8 am. After this got a date with dietician. Before that will drop by ODAC to see GD consultant to show her my glucose test reading.

skies, haha, your hb so humorous! oh, if ur mil is going to be the main caregiver eventually, then maybe easier to stay there. u must be comfortable lor as first two months can be quite stressful for new mum esp if you are breastfeeding

yumyum, my pulvis bones expanded too much during delivery. once i open my legs, pain. i was on bed most of the time and had to use frames if i need to walk and i could only take small steps. bb head circum slightly bigger than his body, plus he is a 3.7kg bb. if we know bb is going to be huge, would hv gone for c-sect. even now, i dun dare to run or stretch open my legs too wide

Singapoh - wah gd weights for the babies ... high placenta is also gd rite?

stb - morning. I start work @ 8am thus able to reply very early
happy.gif

bee - wah like that i also want to increase my fish intake so can have natural supply like urs .... hehehhehe

Zaza, there were two docs who saw me last nite. The first who administered the injection to stop the vomitting said it's 100% safe for the bb. The second doc who reviewed me said the oral medication is the same as the injection that was given to me. Anyway, I think i'll jus tolerate n go without the medication first la.

Stb, thanks! Am feeling better though nauseousness is still hanging ard.

Singapoh, wah, ur bbs' wt r very gd. Congrats!

singapoh,
both bb weight doing well wor?

re: frozen ebm
ebm follow age of bb it's for. if older bb's bm given to younger bb, may hv constipation. a mummy ever told me dat.

bee,
if u kip ebm in separate door freezer, can only store for max 3mths hor.
now walking still have pain?

But mummy here not very good. My glucose reading is on the high side after dinner. Might need insulin jab once a day. Sigh ...
Gonna see Dr Loh. See if he wanna start treatment for me.

Starbabies,

hope u are better..those doctors are just Medical officers.. still practising.. i remember the first time the MO poke my veins , no matter how many times he tried on both hands, always cannot get in, until i cry because it was so painful.. then he passed to the other MO who was much more experience, one-time got thru painless.
anyway, that time when i was hospitalised, i was given the vomitting injection every 8hrs.. it was heavenly each time after the injection. i'm always feeling much better after that..but the vomitting will start again 6 hrs after the injection, and i always pester the nurse to ask the dr to inject again.. its like a drug to me becos it ease my nausea.. the medications is useless to me..took liao still vomit even when im discharged.. so in the end , i didnt take them cause i scare too much medication is bad for baby.

once you discharge, u must eat already..only food and drink can ease ur nausea..

Singapoh, skies and starbabies,
Just had my 1st oil based progesterone jab for this cycle. I think my body is absorbing the prog le. Cos I feel giddy. I usually feel giddy when I have more prog in my body and today I feel so giddy that I dun feel like walking ard. Shall sit at my desk most of the time.. Actually looking at my BT, my pregesterone and HCG are all in the normal range. Just that maybe lokking at last BT, my prog level drop by half, so they decided to give me more to up the level and prevent it from falling further. Hope everything turns out fine..

Thanks to all who answered to my queries when I panic.. I shall keep calm for now..

Hi ladies,
I hv been TCCing for a few years, is considering for IVF treatment. Would anyone tell me more of the IVF procedures,costs, etc. from different hospitals & I would like to know the ways each doctors handles their patients n the particular hospitals too.

Will TCM n accunpture helps? If yes, any chinese sinseh to recommend (do provide me with her/his contact, address & yrs of experience) which I would want to start ASAP b4 i embark on IVF treatment.

Thanks all ladies in advance .

Sunflower, thks. I really need to force myself to eat and drink now. Agree that the MO there not very skilful in putting the drip. So painful, my hand is bruised now. But the injection really helped alot to help my nauseousness to stay away ytd. Now the nauseousness come back again, have been lying on bed since morning as it helps eases the feeling of vomitting.

Hi ladies,
Is me again! Sorri i know i have been MIA for donkey years, hope u all dun mind to hv me back hehe :p

Would somebody highlight me on the IVF journey, ie. procedures, cost, etc or any other useful info.

Will TCM n accunpture helps to improve fertility? if yes, any sinseh to recommend? (do provide me his/her contact n address)

Do you think tat fengshui do play a part on tis fertility issue? read an article on this partiuclar HK star & she is preggy with twins after consulted a fengshui master to help her on her fertility. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you veri muchy. :D

Finally saw Dr Loh. He said no need to worry abt my GD. Just continue to monitor. His wife kena GD in both her pregnancies and both his kids hv diabetes.

snow white,
are u talking abt gigi leung? just saw the news abt her in the chinese newspapers a couple of days ago... she's having long feng tai... well, i think just have to take the news with a pinch of salt... for all u know she may have gone for fertility treatment too since her hubby is in her fifties...

sunflower/starbabies,
i kena the MOs too when i was hospitalised for OHSS... keep poking and poking say cannot find vein... but i always put drip on my left hand then have to shift to rite hand which is so inconvenient cos i'm rite hander...

singapoh,
hey u have been doing great so far.... so hang in there.... even if need insulin jabs it's only temporary....

Eskimo,

The actress conceived her twins thru fertility treatment.

I didn't ask about Dr Loh's kids any futher. He just said they do test at home.

I think the HK actress is Gigi Lai, not Gigi Leung. Ya, read b4 dat hers was an ivf pregnancy. And she oso changed her name in order to conceive.

singapoh,

my sil has GD during her pregnancy too, but the child dont have diabetes leh.. i think depends on individual ba

Starbabies,

no need insulin jab
happy.gif

Sunflower,

yeah not all will get but it's a sign. High chance in getting diabetes in later life.

Today the cashier told my dh that they hv a service for Patients. Pay $488 upfront. U dun hv to Q to pay yr bill after seeing doctor. They will deduct from the $488 and call u to arrange yr next appointment. U also get $100 voucher. It's not a new service but now only they tell us. Left with less than 10 weeks to my EDD. :p

singapoh,
yeah... i went for the fast scheme ($488)... and they delivered the vouchers promptly to my room after i deliver... not bad deal.....

sunflower/singapoh,
yeah... will get the $100 voucher after deliver... to be used at the pharmacy... can use to buy any retail items at the pharmacy...

yes ur rite eskimobaby, she did went for ivf in HK (i tink so is in HK), i was tinking if fengshui does help, then i will go n consult fengshui master to improve my fertility too...
happy.gif

snow white, you can always change your nickname for better luck on ur ttc journey
happy.gif

singapoh, considering your weight gain, your bbs are big!

Singapoh, gd thg u dun hv to do the insulin injection.
happy.gif

I oso signed up for the fast scheme last tues. Tot the 100 dollars voucher is attractive n there's a goody bag too. However, take note that it's actually a giro scheme where they will deduct from ur giro account when the value finishes. Tot the 'fast' sticker on our maternity booklet looks great too. Hehe

can either be giro or credit card... but it can only be used for consultations.... detailed scans such as oscar and 20 wk scan still have to pay......

Yumyum,

todate I gained 8.2 kg. Dietician didn't comment abt my weight gain so i guess it's up to my target lo.

Dr Loh said the sizes are ok, not too big. Asked if I want a normal delivery. Of coz I want natural delivery. Now only worry if I will hv preterm birth. I will be seeing him in 3.5 weeks time and he said dunno if I can keep my twins till then. Wonder if he says that to all mtb with multiple pregnacies or just me.

He didn't order me to bedrest but when I told him I m going to move house, he told me to relax and dh do the moving.

Starbabies,

dunno if it's a good idea for me to sign up now especially after what Dr Loh said to me. Will I get back the balance if I dun use up all the $488?

singapoh,
if i remember correctly... if the amt is not used up... it will be used to offset ur delivery charges... no refund...

Singapoh, your bbs' weight are good although you did not gain much weight!
happy.gif
Hmm...I din know that GD can be passed dwn to my babies too. Now having heard about Dr. Loh's kids, GD is not something to take it lightly.

Sunflower & ekimobaby, I had the same experience with u too when I hospitalised twice for OHSS. The MO poke my left hand then said my veins very fine, pulled out and poke on another spot again. It was so painful that I cried too, then she went to ask another MO to do it for me. This time round on my right hand. Just to have the drip, my hands had 3 plasters! Heng it's all over now.
happy.gif

snow white, you can go to your personal details segment and revise your login name. in case u misunderstood me,i was juz referring to your forum nickname. hong kongers r very into feng shui. I m exact opposite
happy.gif

singapoh, rest. for the house decor matter, labour work haf to delegate, u think n approve, can liao. or let the fingers do the walking. u already champion, got to reno, take care of son n cook somemore.

Yumyum,

Dr Loh also said the same thing to me! Just point. Kaka..

My dh is handling the Reno. I only talk to the contractors nia. I dun cook much la. Only weekend breakfast and pasta coz can't trust my maid to do it. Hee...

singapoh, think he says tt to all multiples mummy. now he tries to push me to week 36. you are very tall n haf 1 child before. good chance beyonf wk 37. but you got to take gd care lah. dr is smart to scare us so we become super careful n when things turn out gd, we r happy.

Yumyum,

Today he didn't even shave but was in a good mood! He even forgot he waited for me 2 Saturday ago. We were caught in the jam. He said now we are even coz today we waited to see him. Hee..

Singapoh, like what Eskimobaby said, I think the nurse did mention to me that the balance can be used to offset delivery charges
happy.gif

Back