IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

rostrum,
i kiss her cheeks many times durin d day tat she uses her hand to hit me...hahaha.

gan,
i heard ppl said bb wil drop hair ard fourth mth. my cl once said dun apply anything on d head n let it be...

blissful,
my ger weighed durin her 1st mth plus. she is quite small size apart fr d chubby cheeks.
 


babyhopeful,

ur ger older den mine by 2 days.
happy.gif

wats ur ger weight now? i dun hav weighin scale at hm so not sure of her weight but my hand sure aches carrying n burping her. do u play with ur ger? i wonder if my ger wi l find me bored coz i seldom play much with her. she seemed to like her daddy more...
 
Grumpus just saw ur message on teething gums ... I think she is having anti bm period. Yesterday feed was like war, she used her hand to push away the bottle n the bottle flew tonthe floor. I didn't expect that n shouted het name, picked up the bottle look at her, next thing I know she cried real loud n bad ., took so long to pscify her. Haizzz seems like I can retire from my moo moo career since my little boss not interested.
 
Gan,
No lah dun think tat way. My girl last time was on full BM, never tasted FM before but can also reject lor. But I understand it's more heart pain to throw away BM than FM lah. I used to tell my hb, FM got money can buy already. BM got how much money also cannot buy!

Now I think back I remember my girl had super fussy drinking periods too, from abt 4mths to 8mths or so. I also did all sorts of things lah, sing song to her, let her watch tv (oops!), let her hold something in her hand to play, let her pull my hair......all just to make her finish her milk lor.
 
Rose,
My ger weighed 4.1kg when she had her 1st mth jab.
I played with my ger daily!..usu her playtime is in morinng. I also sing songs to her coz my hb dun like to sing.
Yah, it can be aching carrying her so sometimes i use sling to carry her.
 
Rose,
my ger had her jabs at polyclinic. I dun know her weight oso except when we go for jabs.
How abt urs? Her next jab will be end of this mth.
 
Mummies using avent bottles..
Need to change teats to no3 for 4 months old bb?
Im using no 2 for my 4 mths old bb.. Not sure need to change not...
 
Rose,
Ur girl is chubby and she has got lotssa hair
happy.gif
.

Rostrum,
Saw Dr yesterday and I had marginal high blood-pressure. Sigh..He did not prescribe any medication yet but if it continues to creep up in the subsequent consultation then got to control via medication. My placenta still laying low...
 
Blissful
U mean im aldry 1 mth late? Opps..
But i scare no3 teats flow will be to fast for my bbs.. Esp when they are 1&ahalf mth premature...
 
rose, ur little princess is very cute! gosh..really envy the head of black hair! mine very botak ..keke..

thanks for the tips on how to use the float..i din tink about it..just ordered..keke.. shld arrive by mail today.

baby, i m still using dr brown nb teat leh..LOL..coz they drink fast enuff.. i tried the next bigger teat, but bb kept crying n choking during feeds.

gan, my boy lost interest in the rocker already. this afternoon onwards.. back to taking 60ml! headache... now i resort to feeding fm, then top up with bm..coz he seems to prefer to latch after refusing the bottle..... headache..
 
Panda
Haha.. Thats what i thk too... I thk i wont chg to no3 yet since its fine now..
Maybe u can consider chg to no2 cos that time my girls also keep crying and fussing during feed.. I suspect cos the hole too small and they are frustrated.. Need to use alo strength to drink.. After i chg to no2.. Milk flow from the sides but aft a while they no longer fuss! And milk wont flow frm the sides...
 
Panda, Gan,

Seems like all of us facing same prob now. My gal still fussing during feeding since yesterday and today. When I put bottle in her mouth, she cry and cry like so pathetic.... Ten when I latch her on, she will drink. I also do the same, feed fm and then top up with latching. Seems like most babies go thru this phase at some point... Hope it passes soon.

Both my boy and girl really into sucking their fingers now. My boy even wanna put whole fist into is mouth all the time and then choke himself. Is this sign of teething? I wonder it's cuz their gums are itchy thats why they wanna put whole fist inside and gnaw and gnaw at it.

Grumpus, is this signof teething?
 
Day, maybe cut down on salty food n drink lots of water for your Bp? I not sure whether it works though.. did u chk with dr cheng abt anything u need to tk note for your diet? I heard tt higher Bp is common during pregnancy.

Dun worry about low lying placenta. When I went to dr Loh in my week 20 chk up, he also commented low..

Meanwhile just rest well n try to eat more home cooked food.. Hope it helps!
 
Rostrum,
Seems like our babies in similar positions. My boy is lower right head down n the girl is upper left in breech. However I certainly don't feel that this position is what's stated in the scan based on their kicks position. I'll cfm again with the sonographer next mon at 30th week scan.
 
my boy also fusses a lot during feed.
He sometimes will throw tantrums while drinking and especially when he is hungry and tired...aiyo...

this morning i had some american wild ginseng drinks (still during confinement) and he stayed awake the whole day...gosh!!!
 
My girls also keep sucking their hands and fingers.. And also keep drooling.. I guess its the normal phase... I always put in the pacifier when i see them sucking their hands.. Cos personally i feel its easier to wean them off pacifer than their hands...
 
babyhopeful, i think baby suck their fingers as a form of self soothing too. my gal only sucks when she is hungry, this is her sign to me "Feed me"...if i miss that sign, she will cry super loud and whole face red. =S other times when she is not hungry, she doesn't suck. now she has an interest in her hands, always stare at them.

Working wife, panda, my gal latch for comfort not for makan leh....hmm. anyway brought her see the PD just now, cld be wind in her tummy coz dr said her tummy very bloated has alot of wind. so now i must try get rid of the wind else her appetite affected.
 
Syrah, after d scan yesterday, I now start to feel kicks on my right side below also. Makes me wonder does d head turn back again? Or issit hiccups or the fingers? Hmm.. Keep me update ya.. Sometimes I can feel them stretching too
happy.gif
 
bbhopeful,
bought at harbourfront babyspa, got 38/58/78. ibought d 78bucks one coz more length to choose fr n got a metal box. originally wanted d 38 bucks one but d chinese staff said got missin parts...like not keen to sell d cheaper one n keep promotin d offer 78 bucks one, original price 98. u better call to check bef goin...

i trim my gal hair liao, quite easy. but definitely must do when she slpin. they oso do haircut, 1st time 16bucks, subsequent ten bucks. but a bit far, so buy hairclipper easier.
 
mummies,

i read fr some bb guide tat bb ard 2-3mths will suck their fingers n drool. its normal. mine oso suck her mittens...
 
My babies are always sucking their fingers and drooling nowadays..My boy will have saliva all over his chin after that and develop rashes. So we offer him pacifier to prevent him from putting his fingers in the mouth. But my maid just let him suck the pacifier for hours when we go to work to keep him occupied so that he won't make noise. It makes her job easier. We have no choice but to keep the pacifier instead.

Baby,
My babies are using j&j top to toe body wash too. I usually get the refill from venus or pink beauty at neighborhood ctr. It's cheaper.

Day,
If your BP is marginally high only, you just have to monitor and watch your diet. Cut down on salty food, drink more plain water and do some light exercise like strolling. I think celery can reduce BP too.
 
Rose,
I thought the $38 one looks gd enough already. So they are more keen to sell you the more ex one so that they can earn more. How much did you trim? I shave my boy's hair about 1 month ago and it's growing much faster than before now
happy.gif
 
Today my 32weeks scan not so gd. Gal is 1.7kg+ n boy 1.5kg+, dr Loh say still "smallish". Aye.. Duno wat I can do to improve. Sending me to another growth scan on 34weeks. Both still heads down.
My placenta is not low anymore, as it's over bbs heads so it's ok. Extended my hl another 2weeks till my nex appt.

Syrah, I'm quite petrified when comes to think abt bbs arrival v soon. Should b ~ 1mth time.. Hope they catch up on Their
weights soon.
 
Bing when u bring babies to botanic gardens do u apply sun block for them?? If yes, what brand? Thanks

Panda/baby ur Bb clothes u handwash or machine wash? How abt their bedsheets?

IMp when my gal was small in size , I drink alot of milk n eat alot of meat during my 3rd trimester for her to put on more weight. Maybe u can try.

Day I was suspected high blood too during my pregnancy n dr loh prescribed med to me but I didn't take .=p like other mummies advice watch ur diet n I also bot an omron home bp to monitor my blood pressure daily .
 
working wife,
it could be a sign of teething but then again, this is the age where they've discovered they've got hands and worse how to put it into their mouths. my elder girl never did the whole hand sucking thing but she had other really bad teething symptoms. my younger gal doesn't really seem to be having teething discomfort but she sucks on her hands most of the time she's awake, even immediately after a feed!

it's just a phase, when they start learning how to grab things, then everything they grab will start going into their mouths!


Imp,
when i was trying to beef up my girl's weight i drank alot of milk, just regular full cream fresh milk. like 3-4 cups a day.
 
Gan,
yr girl 3 mths liao how come still got wind prob? is she very difficult to burp? does she stretch alot or bring her knees up to her tummy in her sleep?
usually if tummy bloated bb will be overall fussy, not just during feeds lei.
 
Grumpus it is indeed not easy to burp my gal, sometimes can try burp her for 15 mins also never burp. She does wake up a number of times like 5 am or so crying coz trying to pass gas while stretching I wld then help her fart by bringing her legs to her tummy. When u say baby overall fussy as in crying very often fhroughout the day?

I just managed to feed her 90 ml bm coz she was asking for milk... Dreamfeed her bm earlier on too at 11pm plus. Maybe she is sleepy to reject the bm.=)
 
Grumpus I m shocked when the PD said her weight is at the 75 percentile....she is chubby as commented by friends who saw her pic but doesn't look so big/fat to me n her milk intake has been consistently low compared to other babies, usually at 30ml per hr. I m now wondering if my bm got high fat contents coz i big in size.=s no wonder the other day at kkh this daddy asked me what's my baby birth weight coz he tot she was a big baby at birth.
 
bing,

yes i oso thot d 38bucks one good enough n even call to chk if got stock bef i went down but who knows d chinese sales said d 38bucks left only one open bef n got parts missin. basket. n between 58 n 78 bucks, d 78 sure look more worth so buy lor. but definitely got a bit of kena conned feeling.
i only trim a bit of d top usin 20mm cuttin length, havent got d chance to do d side yet.
 
gan,
did u try d over shoulder burp or tummy on ur lap burp? d 3 steps for burping. my ger oso difficult to burp but d above 2 sure works for her. u got apply ru yi oil on her tummy? you may wish to try gripe water, it sure works for my bb ger!
 
Imp, your babies are slightly small only, not really v small ma.. By right, babies Shd weigh abt 1.8kg at week 32,so yours Shd catch up v fast n cross d 2kg marker soon..tk more protein.. Did u try bird's nest? Maybe can try eating avocados also as they hv healthy fats as compared to durians.. Drink more water n sleep more! Babies Shd grow well by d next chk up!
 
Gan,
Yup, if bb has gas pains, there'll usually quite a bit of crying at all times, not just milk time.

75th percentile! Wow good job mummy! My elder girl also drank average 30ml per hr until 6mths, never increase but can still gain weight. That's y I believe that BM constitution will change wil bbs age and requirements. Another reason for u to continue yr moo moo career
happy.gif


Like with my younger girl now, I'm eating the same amt of food everyday since confinement but I'm losing weight! So either she's drinking more or my BM is now higher calories.

As for burping, u know e few different methods of burping right? Wat I find really works is changing from method to method every few mins. The movement helps to work the burp out, otherwise can sit in the same position for many mins and they'll just sleep.
 
Gan
I machine wash all my baby clothes and also bedsheets.. Unless some more delicate clothes or when the color runs then i ask my maid to hand wash...

I also notice when my girls are bigger now.. They burp lesser.. Maybe they dont swallow more air now..

Rose
The hair clipper is easy to use? I also thinking to cut my girl hair cos very uneven.. So i dont knw whether i should cut myself or go to hair salon...
What is the name of the babyspa at harboutfront u bought the cutter?
Where else can i buy it?
 
Rostrum, Bing, Gan,
Initially in Wk20, my glucose level was also slightly higher and Dr asked me to work on my sugar intake and now sugar level is back to normal but now comes becomes hi-bp. My meals are mostly supplied by my mom and her cooking isn’t saltish type. Told her on my hi-bp and she further reduced the salt in her dishes. Dr Cheng said hi-bp are common among preggies and if it kicks in only during Trim3 (but not dangerously hi type) he will not prescribe any meds as its close to popping. Since mine hi-bp kicks in Trim2 but marginally high, then he will monitor if bp creeps up. Also told him about my recent horrible pain below my shoulder blades and he suspected that it could also be due to my over-resting in bed and muscles there had weakened. Gosh! .. Now my hi-bp could be also attributed due to my inactivity over the past 2 months. Better be conscientious in my upper body exercises and go out daily for short slow strolls n gulp lotssa of water.

Gan,
how high was your bp then and it was back to norm after u popped ?

Grumpus/Gan/Working Wife/Bing,
Anyone keen for our initial planned meetup @ NovSq/United Sq ?
 
gan, my bb stuff all handwashed by the maids. i hv one reflux prince tht gets milk on everything, if machine wash not clean leh. but i get them to spin dry w machine so tht easier to dry.
 
Day,
For my elder girl my bp was very unstable, like stock market. Started ard end of 2nd tri. dr just ask me to monitor at home and if consistently high then must alert him. Towards 36th wk it really started creeping up so I had a scheduled c-sect at 37wks, amongst other issues.

For my 2nd girl I was on aspirin right from the beginning. Dunno if tat helped but my bp was a lot more stable. But also towards 36wk bp also started creeping up n traces of sugar detected in urine. But cos is late 3rd tri, dr not too concerned, just monitor until I delivered at 38wks.

Oh, still keen on meetup but I can't make it on 11th apr morn as I hv something else on.
 
Grumpus/rose I used to burp my gal sitting up but can be tough at times coz she likes to move n sometimes like to move her head suddenly backwards. Now I do a mix of over my shoulder and sitting . Works better.

Day my bp is always high when I see dr coz think I m nervous.it was 150 and even after retaking many times and rest qt clinic it was around 138 but home it is ok, only highest 127. I take my bp daily at home in the morning kept a record.
I think for my case is stress abt the pregnancy. As my pregnancy progress n I m more assured my bp at clinic was ok around 130 during the last 3 or 4 weeks of my pregnancy
 
Grumpus & Gan,
Thanks for sharing. My bp was 139 when taken at Dr's clinic. No wonder I was breathing slightly harder these days. Think I will get a bp gauge to monitor myself @ home.

Grumpus,
Suggest to meet up next week ?!.. I am fine with any of the weekdays. Lets wait for the rest like Gan/Bing & Working wife to revert.

Rostrum,
I called up tmc fetal assessment unit and was told to do btw wk28-32 and preferably together with the growth scan. They don't recommend doing single 3D/4D scans. U did mentioned that 3D/4D scan must be done by wk28? Probably different scan centers different practice ?
 
Babies got very strong urge to suck. If u put yr finger in bb's mouth, they will also suck. It's normal.

Some suck thumb to self sooth
 
Sucking hands/ fingers

My girls will suck their hands very loud even after their feeding. Whenever you remove their hands and put in d pacifier, they will remove the paci and continue to suck their fingers. Sometimes I will wonder it's norm or inherit from their father. Haha
 
thanks Gan n Grumpus for the advice. Will try to eat n drink more milk n meat.

Rostrum, I also tot so one of them not so smallish at 1.7+kg, as I read this wt is ok at 32weeks. But nw it seems dr Loh n Marianne also say both r smallish. When I asked what wt they are looking at at my stage, dr Loh immed said 2kg! I think he tot I m referring to the minumum ideal wt to deliver twins. Sian half n didnt wana ask further.

Day, I read some will get high BP only during pregnancy. Got a fren after delivery, the high BP stayed with her.
if Dr feels ur case can do without meds, just let him monitor u closely since is marginal. Did he say hw it would affect bb's development mah?
 
bbhopeful,
1st mth got wat jab? i am seein kkh pd, at first thot first mth got jab 2nd dose of hepB, but d pd neber jab leh.
 
baby,
my girl was on full bm so i never give any barley water until she was much older and on solid food already.

i know some friends who feel that fm is very heaty so once a wk they will add barley water into their bbs FM instead of plain water. they start from abt 4 mths.
 


my bm supply suddenly dropped last 2 days. dunno whats wrong.. could it be because menses coming soon? any mummies got same experience?
thks
 

Back
Top