IVF July 2018

Hey! Have you tested? I’m blood test is on the 6 Aug
Yup! Did the blood test on 1 Aug and the HCG level was positive at 85... need to go back tomorrow to test again cos the nurse said that the HCG level is supposed to double by tomorrow... fingers crossed! Good luck for your test on Mon too! :)

Yup! Did the blood test on 1 Aug and the HCG level was positive at 85... need to go back tomorrow to test again cos the nurse said that the HCG level is supposed to double by tomorrow... fingers crossed! Good luck for your test on Mon too! :)
Congrats!! Praying for your next beta !

My ER tomorrow and I am nervous how many quality eggs can be retrieved. I only have 20mm, 17mm, 15mm, 10.5mm, 9.5mm and 6mm as per Tuesday scan. What’s worst I have low egg reserve. Hopeful for an positive procedure!

good luck ! update us ok ? :)

Done! 4 eggs retrieved. Considering my low eggs reserved and follicles, I should count my myself lucky ya. Seeing doctor on Monday and perhaps a transfer. Will know tomorrow afternoon.

which doctor are you with ?
great news. thanks for updating.
but remember to rest well.

My procedure was 930am and by 1130am I get to leave the recovery room. The only thing is I am still expecting a call from the nurse today to inform me the progress and also Monday appt, transfer if any. No calls till now.

My procedure was 930am and by 1130am I get to leave the recovery room. The only thing is I am still expecting a call from the nurse today to inform me the progress and also Monday appt, transfer if any. No calls till now.

oh is it they dont work during weekends ?

kkh is fast. for nuh i need to starve till 5 or 6. it’s not even my main doctor visiting me. it is the doctor doing rounds who came and tell me how i am.

i did lap surgery with sf loh at thomson. true enough he does stay for his patients. and i could have heavy breakfast on early morning of my op day so it was not bad.

just sharing for all your information :)

Dear all

Urgent - I am having FLU AND FEVER now - can do OPU on Monday ? Does it affect the ER ? The eggs themselves ?

Sigh , didn’t take care - was eating fried stuff yesterday .

Help please . Clinic close for queries

Dear all

Urgent - I am having FLU AND FEVER now - can do OPU on Monday ? Does it affect the ER ? The eggs themselves ?

Sigh , didn’t take care - was eating fried stuff yesterday .

Help please . Clinic close for queries

which hospital are u with ? for nuh we suppose to report to chr if we fell ill.

but i think they will still go ahead. they just plan what they need to add in your iv drip. :)

for my case. my embryos reaches blastocyst stage in day 5 & did the transfer. some of my eggs doesnt make it to blastocyst stage so they threw it. i was told by a fren that this embryos came in grading, so was curious & approached the embryologist what is my embryo grade that have been transferred in me. It was a C. She did explain the grading is only within their lab but not the percentage in pregnancy. doesnt mean you have A, it will stick thou. I was disheartened at first, but guess what i got BFP! :)
Hello! I am new
Tats a great news!

chr told me maybe about 3 egg whites per day. before ER we can also eat to build up protein to grow the follicles. :)

Hi hi , finished my OPU today , nurse just remade remark in my report that I have flu / congested nose - never say anything . I don’t want them to use excuse coz of my flu etc . Managed to retrieve 11 eggs but considered 10 good ones.

We have to eat egg white to replenish our lost of eggs?? Never quite heard before but make sense: I loved eggs . So will eat.

Anyone feel pain n cramps after the OPU/ER? Super painful now n can’t walk properly , back to work tomorrow ... Amy natural remedy like ginger tea to remove the “air” inside ?

Thanks all for your advices

Hi hi , finished my OPU today , nurse just remade remark in my report that I have flu / congested nose - never say anything . I don’t want them to use excuse coz of my flu etc . Managed to retrieve 11 eggs but considered 10 good ones.

We have to eat egg white to replenish our lost of eggs?? Never quite heard before but make sense: I loved eggs . So will eat.

Anyone feel pain n cramps after the OPU/ER? Super painful now n can’t walk properly , back to work tomorrow ... Amy natural remedy like ginger tea to remove the “air” inside ?

Thanks all for your advices

considered 10 good ones ? your embryologists are so fast to tell you which are good ones thats interesting lol.

at nuh the nurses told me eating egg whites to help form follicles and eggs. and also eat egg whites to relieve ohss symptoms. see how u view it. for me i just follow instructions.

i am with US group on ivf. they take electrolyte drinks like 100plus or gatorade to relieve the bloatiness and also ohss symptoms.

i dont have pain or cramps. only pinching feel left and right occassionally. take pain killers if u have to. the embryo is not placed back inside u yet so its still ok to take pain killers.

considered 10 good ones ? your embryologists are so fast to tell you which are good ones thats interesting lol.

at nuh the nurses told me eating egg whites to help form follicles and eggs. and also eat egg whites to relieve ohss symptoms. see how u view it. for me i just follow instructions.

i am with US group on ivf. they take electrolyte drinks like 100plus or gatorade to relieve the bloatiness and also ohss symptoms.

i dont have pain or cramps. only pinching feel left and right occassionally. take pain killers if u have to. the embryo is not placed back inside u yet so its still ok to take pain killers.

No no, haven’t graded the eggs ; just Doctors comments - 10 decent size ones

Do they scramp out the eggs or slowly retrieve - I really felt my womb been emptied out as if. I may try 100 Plus.

Btw, overall I felt my immunity is pretty Low for this year , coz I didn’t quite exercise for last 6 months. Do any of you exercise while TTC? We have so many down time , during TTC that don’t allow exercise ...

Thoughts ?

No no, haven’t graded the eggs ; just Doctors comments - 10 decent size ones

Do they scramp out the eggs or slowly retrieve - I really felt my womb been emptied out as if. I may try 100 Plus.

Btw, overall I felt my immunity is pretty Low for this year , coz I didn’t quite exercise for last 6 months. Do any of you exercise while TTC? We have so many down time , during TTC that don’t allow exercise ...

Thoughts ?

i dont ask much about how they do it because sometimes i know too much i will scare myself lol.

i also avoided exercises from start of stims. if u r concerned, drink more water. water is a detoxing agent. i worry something might happen during stims because the ovaries grew bigger. so i stopped exercising.

i put on a lot of weight :(

i am going for fet so before my et i am thinking of going for exercise. from et day onwards definitely a nono.

Hello,
I understand taking CoQ10 is good for ehancing egg quality and ppl w low amh. Any brand recommendation if you are taking? And amount to take for effectiveness? Thank u.

Hello,
I understand taking CoQ10 is good for ehancing egg quality and ppl w low amh. Any brand recommendation if you are taking? And amount to take for effectiveness? Thank u.

a37db9078a10867e7877c0c00268550e.jpg

i have seen people buy this.

hi all, had been reading a lot here in the forums pertaining to ivf what-to-expect indeed filled me up with alot of shocks as well as surprises how comprehensive this procedure is. starting my first stim first cycle next week in NUH. hoping for the best as i'm 37 with low egg reserve and amh. not so used to abbreviations but may i know what is 2ww? ;)

hi all, had been reading a lot here in the forums pertaining to ivf what-to-expect indeed filled me up with alot of shocks as well as surprises how comprehensive this procedure is. starting my first stim first cycle next week in NUH. hoping for the best as i'm 37 with low egg reserve and amh. not so used to abbreviations but may i know what is 2ww? ;)

hey, dont worry do share with us your concern :)

2ww = 2 week’s wait.
it takes about 2 weeks from transfer date to blood test date.

here are some more abbreviations :

https://www.babycenter.com/community-help-abbreviations

hey, dont worry do share with us your concern :)

2ww = 2 week’s wait.
it takes about 2 weeks from transfer date to blood test date.

here are some more abbreviations :

https://www.babycenter.com/community-help-abbreviations

Thank you jayjay! I should really go read up on the abbreviations first there's too many I don't understand haha. Collecting injections on this Wednesday, really afraid and excited. Hope everything goes well :)

Thank you jayjay! I should really go read up on the abbreviations first there's too many I don't understand haha. Collecting injections on this Wednesday, really afraid and excited. Hope everything goes well :)

glad to help.
i am waiting for my menses to be here to start progynova.

I’ll be starting my 1st IVF/ICSI in end sept. I’m a little worried on the ICSI process as I’m unsure if it affects the fertilisation and implantation rate. Does anybody knows if the embryologist would choose sperm with normal looking morphology to be injected into the egg?

I’ll be starting my 1st IVF/ICSI in end sept. I’m a little worried on the ICSI process as I’m unsure if it affects the fertilisation and implantation rate. Does anybody knows if the embryologist would choose sperm with normal looking morphology to be injected into the egg?

yes this is what is done during icsi. but do note they choose the sperm by appearance.

Hi, can i check usually how long you have to wait to schedule for IVF after 1st visit with doctor? For those with low amh, what is your level and unit (pmol/l) or?

I have low amh (6.8pmol/l) and my husband had low sperm count, poor morphology.

Thanks all in advance.

Hi,

Any one care to share your amh (with unit stated) and fsh level that is not good but succeed in IVF?

I am afraid of low quality egg and fewer eggs for ivf considered that my amh is low at 6.8pmol/l and day 3 fsh at 9.6.

My husband SA isnt good too. Went for 2 iui, post wash is only about 3/4million and 1% morp.

Gynae recommend ivf.

Usually how many injections are required and how many days of leave are needed before embryo transfer? Is the injection both morning and night?

Really appreciate more examples. Getting depressed.

Anyone seeing dr tan hh at kkh? What is usually the waiting time for him?

Usually can we start the very next cycle after meeting him? I will be seeing at day 10 of my cycle and wish to start the very next cycle.

For the ivf counselling, both me and my husband will have to attend? Can it be scheduled on a saturday? And it is with other couples also?

Thank alot for all your help. Need encouragement to go on as i am only 29 and really dont know how to bring it up to my parent in law and my boss. And my husband just changed jobs and cannot take frequent leave.

Back