IVF July 2018

jayjayqueenie

Anyone in IVF July 2018 cycle ?
looking for buddies in the same cycle
i can create a chat group if anyone is interested :)

oh me at nuh. good luck to u. i wonder how the nurse will jab me today though. its a lot scarier than jabbing myself. sigh...

my tummy got bigger now cuz everytime i am hungry i eat. dare not exercise because i heard my ovaries are bigger now so we do not want to hurt those big ovaries.

Last edited:
i feel sleepy and hungry from the jabs. is it supposed to be like this ?
I don't feel sleepy nor hungry though. Just bloated:)
my tummy got bigger now cuz everytime i am hungry i eat. dare no exercise because i heard my ovaries are bigger now so we do not want to hurt those big ovaries.

Yes. Don't do excessive exercise. Towards the day to ET, I have to walk slower as it's abit uncomfortable.

is it possible that both hubby and myself are normal during checks but the embryos only 1 or even none manage to survive ?

i have twitching sensation on my left and right. is this normal from the gonal f jab?

Hi ladies, I will be starting my 1st cycle this weekend. Would like to know what supplements you all are taking to help with the cycle?
My doctor has prescribed me with Folic acid, Vitamin D, Aspirin and multivitamins for daily consumption.
I have also been seeing a tcm to support the ivf and has been drinking herbal medicine twice a day. My tcm asked me to start taking whey protein now to boost the egg quality. Just bought one tub from GNC yesterday. Did you all take it? Does it help?
Just feel that I am taking so many supplements but hopefully it will help.

i feel whatever u have mentioned are good. especially protein. because my eggs are growing slower so doctor encourage me to take protein.

Hi ladies! im on my 2ww of 5 days FET. Driving me crazing. im so nervous to give a “cheat” (taking the home kit test). my BT in 3-4days time.

Hi all, hope to join this support group.

I did my first IVF in Kkh last year May 2017 and transferred 2 leftover frozen eggs in Feb 2018 in private hospital this year, both failed.

Started my stimulation for egg growth, this month , day 5 of injections , scanned yesterday , random, one very big egg ,2 medium and 2-3 very small .

This morning has to inject extra dosage of medicine - I started crying . Coz it was quite difficult this round - my hormones made me very depressed , blur , bad tempered this week, so increasing of dosage today (visited doc for first scan yesterday ); just made me even more depressed and more negative thoughts came. Why ? Why friends can keep popping , while I have to keep injecting , paying lots of money to get one more baby ? TTC first one took me 3 Long years. TTC second one now took me 5 Long years. Until now I m 40. All negative thought came, maybe my last try . Maybe I should just be contented with one.

thanks for sharing.
it is my first time. honestly i am a little afraid if all fails. it took up time from my work. my boss said she is open about my ivf. but i am not sure if she is under pressure herself because she is getting on my nerves too.

because i have high tsh level and i wonder what it will do to me.

could you share what jabs are u on ? are u still with kkh ? dr tan hh?

thanks for sharing.
it is my first time. honestly i am a little afraid if all fails. it took up time from my work. my boss said she is open about my ivf. but i am not sure if she is under pressure herself because she is getting on my nerves too.

because i have high tsh level and i wonder what it will do to me.

could you share what jabs are u on ? are u still with kkh ? dr tan hh?

Hi hi pm you instead

Hi ladies, I will be starting my 1st cycle this weekend. Would like to know what supplements you all are taking to help with the cycle?
My doctor has prescribed me with Folic acid, Vitamin D, Aspirin and multivitamins for daily consumption.
I have also been seeing a tcm to support the ivf and has been drinking herbal medicine twice a day. My tcm asked me to start taking whey protein now to boost the egg quality. Just bought one tub from GNC yesterday. Did you all take it? Does it help?
Just feel that I am taking so many supplements but hopefully it will help.

Hi mrsstarfish, my Ivf doctor do not allow me to supplement with any chinese medicine but I think I need help coz the injections are not boosting lining n growth of egg that well . Which TCM did you go may i know ? Do we need Folid acid during stimulation time or before egg transfer ?

Hi mrsstarfish, my Ivf doctor do not allow me to supplement with any chinese medicine but I think I need help coz the injections are not boosting lining n growth of egg that well . Which TCM did you go may i know ? Do we need Folid acid during stimulation time or before egg transfer ?

u can consider accupuncture. this method is popular even in US. folic acid should be started years or months before we ttc :)

there is no grading for day 2 day 3 embryos right ? lol

it’s depressing to hear the numbers dwindling. sorry, it’s my first time. bear with me.

the embryologist said poor graded embryos they do not transfer but i have heard stories that people transferred poor embryos and they stuck.

so i am curious why she is telling me like a definite no. or do they use like the poor embryos that manage to survive till day 5? hmmm...

there is no grading for day 2 day 3 embryos right ? lol

it’s depressing to hear the numbers dwindling. sorry, it’s my first time. bear with me.

the embryologist said poor graded embryos they do not transfer but i have heard stories that people transferred poor embryos and they stuck.

so i am curious why she is telling me like a definite no. or do they use like the poor embryos that manage to survive till day 5? hmmm...

for my case. my embryos reaches blastocyst stage in day 5 & did the transfer. some of my eggs doesnt make it to blastocyst stage so they threw it. i was told by a fren that this embryos came in grading, so was curious & approached the embryologist what is my embryo grade that have been transferred in me. It was a C. She did explain the grading is only within their lab but not the percentage in pregnancy. doesnt mean you have A, it will stick thou. I was disheartened at first, but guess what i got BFP! :)

for my case. my embryos reaches blastocyst stage in day 5 & did the transfer. some of my eggs doesnt make it to blastocyst stage so they threw it. i was told by a fren that this embryos came in grading, so was curious & approached the embryologist what is my embryo grade that have been transferred in me. It was a C. She did explain the grading is only within their lab but not the percentage in pregnancy. doesnt mean you have A, it will stick thou. I was disheartened at first, but guess what i got BFP! :)

congrats
now i know already thanks for sharing.

Congrats!! Do you have symptoms? I “cheated” 7 days after the transfer and got a BFN. I decided not to test anymore till my BT.

My ER tomorrow and I am nervous how many quality eggs can be retrieved. I only have 20mm, 17mm, 15mm, 10.5mm, 9.5mm and 6mm as per Tuesday scan. What’s worst I have low egg reserve. Hopeful for an positive procedure!

Back