IVF/ICSI Support Group

Are you on any progesterone injection? I was with Dr Tan HH previously and have spotting issues but not fresh red blood before 1st scan. I went down and he said nth much he can do since is still early. I was already taking progesterone injection twice a week( I requested because I kiasu), duphaston 2 times a day (if I remember correctly) and progynova (he said can stop but I still continue as I still have leftovers). So he increased my duphaston to three times a day. Maybe you can try to request for progesterone injection to support the pregnancy. Jia you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum
:( I am only 2x daily dydrogesteron, thats all...

:( I am only 2x daily dydrogesteron, thats all...

Hmm..maybe can check with kkivf see if kkh does progesterone injection. Previously I was with NUH. Once blood test showed pregnant, they will give us progesterone injection once a week or twice a week.

Hmm..maybe can check with kkivf see if kkh does progesterone injection. Previously I was with NUH. Once blood test showed pregnant, they will give us progesterone injection once a week or twice a week.

Hmm.. is it injection around tummy area?

I bleed heavily last night. Going for my scan later today. Got a bad feeling about it. Sigh.
jia you! was it fresh red blood or brown blood..?

chins up, for my 1st pregnancy, i checked into O&G almost every week till 3 months cos of spotting/bleeding of pinkish-brown-maroon tones.

jia you! was it fresh red blood or brown blood..?

chins up, for my 1st pregnancy, i checked into O&G almost every week till 3 months cos of spotting/bleeding of pinkish-brown-maroon tones.
Last week spotting was dark brownish fleaky. Last night and today is fresh red blood ! I just showed it to my hubby He commented, it looks like period bleeding.. I said, yeah, just milder coz strangely it doesnt cover panty liner. However it looks sooo gross with so much blood in toilet bowl.

Last week spotting was dark brownish fleaky. Last night and today is fresh red blood ! I just showed it to my hubby He commented, it looks like period bleeding.. I said, yeah, just milder coz strangely it doesnt cover panty liner. However it looks sooo gross with so much blood in toilet bowl.

Jiayou! Do bedrest for the time being. Don’t carry heavy stuff.

Jiayou! Do bedrest for the time being. Don’t carry heavy stuff.

Okay. Scan outcome, I had miscarriage. Blood test HCG drop to only 51.

By the way, does anyone know if embryo transfer is not covered by co-funding? I received bill on this stating no co-funding. I didnt receive bill for my egg extractions.

By the way, does anyone know if embryo transfer is not covered by co-funding? I received bill on this stating no co-funding. I didnt receive bill for my egg extractions.
Please take care....

Please take care....
Thanks! I went to work straight today also. I think i had mc perhaps sunday/monday. Had heavy flow and cold sweat that night. Doctor confirmed the worst is over. Doesnt seem I need meds to clear anything, but next wk need to go another blood test.

Thanks! I went to work straight today also. I think i had mc perhaps sunday/monday. Had heavy flow and cold sweat that night. Doctor confirmed the worst is over. Doesnt seem I need meds to clear anything, but next wk need to go another blood test.
Take care! Hugs. You are strong! When I MC last time, I took 1 week medical leave and 1 week off. To rest my body. Do eat something to nourish the body ya.

ya, eat more protein and iron rich stuff. jia you jia you!!

Hugs! Rest well and take good care of urself! I remember embryo transfer have co funding leh. Maybe can call kkivf to check?

Take care! Hugs. You are strong! When I MC last time, I took 1 week medical leave and 1 week off. To rest my body. Do eat something to nourish the body ya.
Thanks all ! I had HDL for dinner today. Lol. Went with my colleagues who knew my IVF journey. Happy to have them around! There were quite shocked to see me relatively okay after the news. I guess I was more or less prepared when I saw my bleeding gets heavier. I just dread of the next step to go for 2nd cycle with all jabs, extraction, etc. How long did u all rest before going for next cycle?

Hugs! Rest well and take good care of urself! I remember embryo transfer have co funding leh. Maybe can call kkivf to check?

Yeah! I am just thinking if it burst co-funding max cap, hence invoice sent to me for cash payment of $1.5k. I have no visibility what has been calculated and charged in total for this cycle.

hi all!

I received my report card.
2 embryos at Day 2, Grade 4
1 blastocyst at Day 5, Grade B
1 blastocyst at Day 6, Grade B

I am so glad that I have changed doctor to Dr Liu. She has given me not such a high dosage so that I can yield a better grade!

They did told me I can use my Day 5 blastocyst first.

Even the D2 embryo , they can further let it grow in future if they thaw it.

I will rest for the time for few months before I go for my FET.

Finally no more jabbing
May I ask what was your daily dose/jab type?

Thanks all ! I had HDL for dinner today. Lol. Went with my colleagues who knew my IVF journey. Happy to have them around! There were quite shocked to see me relatively okay after the news. I guess I was more or less prepared when I saw my bleeding gets heavier. I just dread of the next step to go for 2nd cycle with all jabs, extraction, etc. How long did u all rest before going for next cycle?
I think depends on your doc's schedule, generally 2-3 months' wait before the next cycle.

Then again, to sound v blunt, if you managed to get pregnant means that your body is good to go, just need to get the healthy embryo to implant.

I think depends on your doc's schedule, generally 2-3 months' wait before the next cycle.

Then again, to sound v blunt, if you managed to get pregnant means that your body is good to go, just need to get the healthy embryo to implant.
Thanks for the info! I take this as the word of encouragement. Spoken to Dr Chua, he also commented there was nothing I can do to prevent this to happen. Visiting O&G early also couldnt change the fact. Its likely due to chromosome abnormality. Sad sad.

Thanks for the info! I take this as the word of encouragement. Spoken to Dr Chua, he also commented there was nothing I can do to prevent this to happen. Visiting O&G early also couldnt change the fact. Its likely due to chromosome abnormality. Sad sad.
Ya, it's a chromosome thing....

Wondering if period after mc is longer than usual, and how long it will last.. its been 3 days after I stop progresteron. I am going for a weekend trip tml and hoping it will stop by then!

Wondering if period after mc is longer than usual, and how long it will last.. its been 3 days after I stop progresteron. I am going for a weekend trip tml and hoping it will stop by then!
yup, will be longer and heavier than usual...just bring along the pads and enjoy!!!

ahhhh, unless it's recurring (touchwood) then they would suggest, BUT BUT...if you are keen to know, JB has this option.
No JB for me. Cant imagine the travelling distance + traffic jam. Lol. The blasts are so tiny... also poor thing..

Yes yes I will enjoy long weekend! Its PSLE marking holidays hehehe...

Tested negative and period is here today. would like to check if I skip the mandatory blood test with kkh, will they still allow me to do the next transfer in future? Very hesitate to go for the blood test cos don’t really want to see the negative result….

I ever asked about it.. why waste money when we have already known the outcome. They insisted blood test a must to do, in case pregnant without us knowing.

I ever asked about it.. why waste money when we have already known the outcome. They insisted blood test a must to do, in case pregnant without us knowing.
Ya I just don’t wish to hear from the nurse “sorry you are not pregnant” again… when I’m already know it. :(

No JB for me. Cant imagine the travelling distance + traffic jam. Lol. The blasts are so tiny... also poor thing..

Yes yes I will enjoy long weekend! Its PSLE marking holidays hehehe...
there's the train baby! LOL.

In 2019, I actually got my 2 frozen embbies from KKH to JB TMC for the PGS/PGD. I wanted to know the gender and viability before transfer. Unfortunately, both were mosaic and blue....

Ya I just don’t wish to hear from the nurse “sorry you are not pregnant” again… when I’m already know it. :(
they want a closure in the report....

I fully understand, like when you know it's positive, you walked into the room doing the blood test confidently and you already made plans on what to eat later on.

If it's BFN, you curse and swear why still need to do this blood test LOL

Oh.. I failed IUI before, when I entered the room for blood test, I self declared to nurse that its going to be negative as I have heavy flow. After which, I will check health hub apps after 1hour and when the nurse called, I straight away said I saw the lab result thru the apps shows I am negative. Haha. Sad.

Mosaic means there’s both normal and abnormal cells.. blue means bb boy I think… I also did PGT-A but I did mine at KL.. currently 7 weeks preg.. went straight to IVF and did PGT-A..
Ah, thanks for the info. Congrats for your pregnancy! Hope all goes well. How many blasts did u send for PGT-A and how much does it cost?

We sent all which was 9 blast.. about 3k plus sgd.. but it really depends on the RM to sgd exchange rate.. currently it’s in our favor… so ya..
Ah, 9 blast is a lot ! Super good job. How many blast did u transfer? See if u are expecting twins....

Wait ah, means you do IVF in JB also?

Ah, 9 blast is a lot ! Super good job. How many blast did u transfer? See if u are expecting twins....
Haha thanks.. 9 seems a lot but after the PGT-A I have only 6 left.. only 1 good blast.. the others are graded fair.. I only transferred 1 because of my size.. I am pretty small.. so doc did say 1 by 1.. but I think most Malaysian clinic transfer only 1 each time.. but I think they also use more drugs before and after to support the pregnancy..

Haha thanks.. 9 seems a lot but after the PGT-A I have only 6 left.. only 1 good blast.. the others are graded fair.. I only transferred 1 because of my size.. I am pretty small.. so doc did say 1 by 1.. but I think most Malaysian clinic transfer only 1 each time.. but I think they also use more drugs before and after to support the pregnancy..
Is this your 1st fresh cycle? Going back and forth to JB sounds tiring...

Is this your 1st fresh cycle? Going back and forth to JB sounds tiring...
I did frozen.. and yes this is my first FET as recommended by the doctor.. day 5 blast.. we did it in KL.. we went up only 3 times… 1st was the consult (1 day).. 2nd was for the stimulation and egg retrieval (17days in Malaysia ) and the 3rd was the FET.. we stayed for 9 days… can come back 5 days after the transfer but hubs want to stay till I get the blood test to move me back… they have a clinic in sg so I did my scans here so I think it’s pretty convenient.. ☺️

I did frozen.. and yes this is my first FET as recommended by the doctor.. day 5 blast.. we did it in KL.. we went up only 3 times… 1st was the consult (1 day).. 2nd was for the stimulation and egg retrieval (17days in Malaysia ) and the 3rd was the FET.. we stayed for 9 days… can come back 5 days after the transfer but hubs want to stay till I get the blood test to move me back… they have a clinic in sg so I did my scans here so I think it’s pretty convenient.. ☺️
Possible to share ballpark figures for the ìvf treatment in KL? Means u nv use gov co-funding..

Possible to share ballpark figures for the ìvf treatment in KL? Means u nv use gov co-funding..
About 18-20k sgd aprox.. but because we did like additional stuffs like sorting of my hub’s sperm, did PGT-A on all the blast etc.. plus we chose the head doctor so his fees are more expensive.. I didn’t use gov co funding coz I heard need to do IUI first etc..

About 18-20k sgd aprox.. but because we did like additional stuffs like sorting of my hub’s sperm, did PGT-A on all the blast etc.. plus we chose the head doctor so his fees are more expensive.. I didn’t use gov co funding coz I heard need to do IUI first etc..
Ah icic.. 18-20k sgd is reasonable if have more things to do. Sorting sperm is the same as ICSI for embryologist to pick the fastest movin sperm?

IUI not really a must. Dr Chua suggested us to go IVF, but we were the one wanted to try IUI first as its more natural. We went 2 cycles and failed though.

Back