IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi everyone, I had my embryo transfer done last Mon, 27 Feb and today is the 9th day. Since yesterday, spotting was observed. I called KK hotline and the lady could only advise me to monitor the situation for the next few days to ensure it doesn't become heavy like menses She said there's no point if I were to go for any blood test now. Currently, I am only using crinone and have been told to just continue with it. Anyone here had a similar experience? It is very worrying because it is still quite a number of days before my scheduled blood test (13th March).

Hi everyone, I had my embryo transfer done last Mon, 27 Feb and today is the 9th day. Since yesterday, spotting was observed. I called KK hotline and the lady could only advise me to monitor the situation for the next few days to ensure it doesn't become heavy like menses She said there's no point if I were to go for any blood test now. Currently, I am only using crinone and have been told to just continue with it. Anyone here had a similar experience? It is very worrying because it is still quite a number of days before my scheduled blood test (13th March).

Hello! I had similar experience. But I was on progesterone jab too. I went down but doc also said nothing much can be done. Increased duphaston from 2 tablets to 3 tablets per day. And had bed rest. Don’t carry heavy things. Jia you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Hmm... for me, I am using the tube kind that needs to be inserted into the vagina and then to squeeze out the gel. Twice a day. Now that I have this spotting, when I remove the white tube, I can also see a little blood streaks on it too...

Hello! I had similar experience. But I was on progesterone jab too. I went down but doc also said nothing much can be done. Increased duphaston from 2 tablets to 3 tablets per day. And had bed rest. Don’t carry heavy things. Jia you!

Hmm... for me, I am using the tube kind that needs to be inserted into the vagina and then to squeeze out the gel. Twice a day. Now that I have this spotting, when I remove the white tube, I can also see a little blood streaks on it too...

I was using some pill insert previously too. I just try to insert slowly. Don’t worry just relax and lie down rest until blood test :)

Sad to say, the spotting has turned into menses this morning. Rushed down to KK this morn for early blood test (today is only the 10th day) but I know that it is the end this time round. How strange it is that although I know IVF isnt 100%, when the disappointment comes, it still hits hard. :(

Sad to say, the spotting has turned into menses this morning. Rushed down to KK this morn for early blood test (today is only the 10th day) but I know that it is the end this time round. How strange it is that although I know IVF isnt 100%, when the disappointment comes, it still hits hard. :(
Cheer up!!

Hello ladies, would like to share - though doing HPT during TWW is not advisable cos it adds stress etc, I did that for the past TWWs and the purpose was not only to see double lines, but also to see if implantation happened. Of cos if it's double lines, it's wonderful but if it's not, then you know whether implantation occurred.

For the most recent failed one in 2020, I did HPT from day 0 (yes I know I'm siao), and I did see a super faint 2nd line on day 5-6 before it disappeared - I knew implantation did happen but it just died off and indeed it was a BFN.

For the most recent successful one, I did the same from day 0, all the way to day 8 before I saw a super faint 2nd line. So at this point in time, you got to pray hard that the 2nd line turns darker by the day. If it doesnt, chances of a BFN is very high. If it turns darker all the way till BT, ho say, I can safely say it's BFP.

Good for those who are not easily stressed and disappointed. Can try.

Hi all is light cream green discharge normal after the crinone gel? There’s no itchy feeling though

Previously I used crinone gel there was no green discharge. Recently I have green discharge and my gynae asked if is itchy. I told him no but I still went ahead with vaginal swab. Result came out normal. Gynae asked me take probiotics. Hope this helps :)

Previously I used crinone gel there was no green discharge. Recently I have green discharge and my gynae asked if is itchy. I told him no but I still went ahead with vaginal swab. Result came out normal. Gynae asked me take probiotics. Hope this helps :)

I tend to have greenish after the crinone gel but not itchy still. Haha so I guess still ok. Just a lot of discharge sometimes due to the progesterone from the gel.

Hi, I am trying to conceive my #2. My #1 was through ivf in KKH and she is now 18 months. I have no more frozen embryo. Now thinking of going to NUH IVF through subsidised route. Want to find out is the queue for IVF at NUH long? Must I do IUI first before I can go IVF like what happened for me at KKHIVF. Anyone can share their recent experience at NUH as a subsidised patient?

Hi, I am trying to conceive my #2. My #1 was through ivf in KKH and she is now 18 months. I have no more frozen embryo. Now thinking of going to NUH IVF through subsidised route. Want to find out is the queue for IVF at NUH long? Must I do IUI first before I can go IVF like what happened for me at KKHIVF. Anyone can share their recent experience at NUH as a subsidised patient?
I cant answer your Q for NUH, but no, you do not need to do IUI first before heading to IVF. Many of us headed to IVF without IUI

Did you guys think about how many ivf cycles to go for before giving up? I’m feeling v down.. sometimes I wish I’m just told that I can never conceive. At least I can grieve and move on. All my (and hubs) tests came back normal. But I just cannot get pregnant. I have already failed 3 good quality embryos implantation. TCM (for 1 year) doesn’t seem to help too. I get hopeful every cycle only to get disappointed every time.

Did you guys think about how many ivf cycles to go for before giving up? I’m feeling v down.. sometimes I wish I’m just told that I can never conceive. At least I can grieve and move on. All my (and hubs) tests came back normal. But I just cannot get pregnant. I have already failed 3 good quality embryos implantation. TCM (for 1 year) doesn’t seem to help too. I get hopeful every cycle only to get disappointed every time.
Hi how many ER have u done and if u have done pgs testing? Perhaps you can give Pgs a try!

2 ER. First ER: 5 eggs, 3 matured, only one fertilized and developed. Second ER: 3 eggs, 3 matured, 2 fertilized and developed. I only get so few embryos each time.

if u are 40 and above, quality and quantity will drop dramatically, this is unavoidable, as Twinklemini suggest maybe can give PGS testing a try. Good is only by naked eyes by the embryologist by appearances, chromosomes we won’t know unless u do pgs

Last edited:
I did 5 or 6 fresh cycles, 8 transfers to have 2 kids! Jia you! Which dr are u with? I changed from NUH to pte dr after 3 cycles in NUH
I'm under Prof Wong. Next cycle will be my 3rd one. Can I check which private doctor did you go to? Can I also check whether you conceived in NUH or in private? Thank you.

I'm under Prof Wong. Next cycle will be my 3rd one. Can I check which private doctor did you go to? Can I also check whether you conceived in NUH or in private? Thank you.
I was under Prof wong as well, did 3 fresh cycles, 4 transfers, conceived once but ended in miscarriage. No luck there. After exhausted govt grants, I switched to Dr Roland. 1st kid conceived from the 2nd frozen transfer from the 1st fresh cycle under Dr Roland.

Nope, he didn’t.. But I’m planning to ask him during my next consultation with him. Next cycle will be my last co-funded cycle.. Thinking of switching to private if next cycle fails again

I was under Prof wong as well, did 3 fresh cycles, 4 transfers, conceived once but ended in miscarriage. No luck there. After exhausted govt grants, I switched to Dr Roland. 1st kid conceived from the 2nd frozen transfer from the 1st fresh cycle under Dr Roland.
I do have friends who were under Dr Roland and from there, they recommended their colleagues and friends to him. Those under him are prone to have twins. My friend has twin boys under him.

I do have friends who were under Dr Roland and from there, they recommended their colleagues and friends to him. Those under him are prone to have twins. My friend has twin boys under him.
I only transferred 1 embryo each time when I was under Roland.. I'm not ready for twins.. haha

Hi ladies this is my 1st ivf cycle at kkh. Unfortunately today stim D7 and only 1 follicle is 10mm. Dr says most likely to cancel. Will continue injection tomorrow and scan on Friday, if follicle doesnt grow, cycle would be cancelled. Although I have prepped myself that 1st cycle is usually test cycle to understand the body, it was upsetting to hear the news. I feel that I needed somewhere to let out my feelings and maybe hear some thoughts and experiences from you all. Thank you.

Hi ladies this is my 1st ivf cycle at kkh. Unfortunately today stim D7 and only 1 follicle is 10mm. Dr says most likely to cancel. Will continue injection tomorrow and scan on Friday, if follicle doesnt grow, cycle would be cancelled. Although I have prepped myself that 1st cycle is usually test cycle to understand the body, it was upsetting to hear the news. I feel that I needed somewhere to let out my feelings and maybe hear some thoughts and experiences from you all. Thank you.
Hi, did Dr say what is the possible reason?
Age? Fsh/Amh level?
Some ladies go for TCM to tiao the body. Some don't. Some execise and read up about diet.
Do some research and understand your body more.
The next harvest will be a good one.
Jia you!

Hi, did Dr say what is the possible reason?
Age? Fsh/Amh level?
Some ladies go for TCM to tiao the body. Some don't. Some execise and read up about diet.
Do some research and understand your body more.
The next harvest will be a good one.
Jia you!
Thank you for the encouragement. Dr says is due to low amh 0.9. I believe the low amh is cox of my age (40+) and history of endometriosis. I have started ubiquinol for about 2 months before this 1st ivf cycle. Trying to keep my head up...

Thank you for the encouragement. Dr says is due to low amh 0.9. I believe the low amh is cox of my age (40+) and history of endometriosis. I have started ubiquinol for about 2 months before this 1st ivf cycle. Trying to keep my head up...
Low amh can try dhea? What is Dr's next plan for you? While building up your eggs, don't forget to strengthen husband's soldiers. So that when time is ripe, both are ready. Good eggs, poor sperms also affects fertilisation rate. So don't waste any eggs.

Low amh can try dhea? What is Dr's next plan for you? While building up your eggs, don't forget to strengthen husband's soldiers. So that when time is ripe, both are ready. Good eggs, poor sperms also affects fertilisation rate. So don't waste any eggs.
I read DHEA is not available in Singapore so I only started on Ubiquinol. Doctor says to discuss in next review which appointment not scheduled yet until after Friday scan. She briefly mentioned about low stim for next try etc, maybe I was feeling sensitive, it felt like she didnt feel hopeful... Sigh.

I read DHEA is not available in Singapore so I only started on Ubiquinol. Doctor says to discuss in next review which appointment not scheduled yet until after Friday scan. She briefly mentioned about low stim for next try etc, maybe I was feeling sensitive, it felt like she didnt feel hopeful... Sigh.
Keep fingers crossed.
If Fri is not satisfactory, at least you and doctor are now more aware and will work out something right for the next wrong.
IVF is a trial and error and needs alot of luck...i feel.
Many of us been through more than once to get it right. Don't give up.
If you need a rant or listening ear, just pour all over here. Yeah!

Hi, I do have low amh level for my age. My dr used low stim for me to get better eggs instead of numbers. It's still possible!
Just wondering if u do have govt grants at kkh?

Thanks for your encouragement. May I ask your age and how low is your amh? How many cycles did you try to be successful? Thank you.
I started IVF during early 30s. Can't rem my amh level but dr did comment its lower than the norm. Some ladies in 40s has higher amh than me. So the dr suggested using lower dose to stim since higher doses doesnt give me higher yield.
My 1st kid is from my 4th cycle. 2nd kid from 5th cycle.

But IVF is a trial and error. What worked for one may not work for another and vice versa. U just need to see which combi suits u

I started IVF during early 30s. Can't rem my amh level but dr did comment its lower than the norm. Some ladies in 40s has higher amh than me. So the dr suggested using lower dose to stim since higher doses doesnt give me higher yield.
My 1st kid is from my 4th cycle. 2nd kid from 5th cycle.

But IVF is a trial and error. What worked for one may not work for another and vice versa. U just need to see which combi suits u

Thank you for sharing your experience :) it is good to hear from others experience and mostly to talk it out and continue to jiayou!!

Hi,

I am turning 40 soon. Going to have my first try for IVF after some years of trying ourselves.

Just to check it out for IVF is there a need for HSG test? Or that is for IUI purpose to check on the fallopian tubes?

I had done all the fertility tests at KKH except for that so curious to know can I go IVF straight.

Hi,

I am turning 40 soon. Going to have my first try for IVF after some years of trying ourselves.

Just to check it out for IVF is there a need for HSG test? Or that is for IUI purpose to check on the fallopian tubes?

I had done all the fertility tests at KKH except for that so curious to know can I go IVF straight.
Hi Myolie92,

I should think it is not a must. I didn't go for HSG test prior doing IVF when I was with KKH. Hope that helps.
When are you starting on the IVF journey?
Remember to eat well and stay positive!

Hi,

Hello! No, it's not a must for HSG test, but your doc may recommend to do the necessary checks first before embarking on IVF. You can say no and go straight to IVF.

Hi everyone,

Anyone has any ivf success stories with poor egg quality and male fertility issues?

I'm feeling very down as just had my post review after 2nd failed ivf. Seems my doctor is giving up on me, doesnt seem to want me to continue except with donor egg which hb and I am not open to. I'll be 42 this year, hb is 47.

1st ivf on strong dose yielded 7 eggs but only 2 were mature and fertilised. Ended up with 1 4AC blast which I did a FET but it did not take.

2nd ivf mild stim only ate clomid med and low dose 150 menopur yielded 4 eggs, 3 fertilised but no blast at D5 and 6. On D3, there were actually 1 above average embryo, 1 average and I below average. But none made it to D5.

While I know my chances are low at my age, it is still a very big blow to hear my doctor asking me to terminate ivf treatment. Said my case is the egg quality is low due to age and nothing much can be done further.

Hi everyone,

Anyone has any ivf success stories with poor egg quality and male fertility issues?

I'm feeling very down as just had my post review after 2nd failed ivf. Seems my doctor is giving up on me, doesnt seem to want me to continue except with donor egg which hb and I am not open to. I'll be 42 this year, hb is 47.

1st ivf on strong dose yielded 7 eggs but only 2 were mature and fertilised. Ended up with 1 4AC blast which I did a FET but it did not take.

2nd ivf mild stim only ate clomid med and low dose 150 menopur yielded 4 eggs, 3 fertilised but no blast at D5 and 6. On D3, there were actually 1 above average embryo, 1 average and I below average. But none made it to D5.

While I know my chances are low at my age, it is still a very big blow to hear my doctor asking me to terminate ivf treatment. Said my case is the egg quality is low due to age and nothing much can be done further.
who is your doc? perhaps you can seek a 2nd opinion. Doctors are different, one diagnosis from one doc doesnt mean a death sentence.

I once experienced a lady doc who was not very encouraging, at that point in time I only had 3 frozen blastos but all kaput before transferred. I was preparing to head down to the hospital for transfer when I received a call from her saying all 3 kaput after thawing. I met her up on another day for review and she actually told me to either stop since I already have 3 boys ("already enough" was what she said) or head to JB to do PGS/PGD/gender selection or get a donor. Obviously I was very pissed off hearing from her and I refused to heed her nonsense. Switched docs within KKH and I was so goddamn lucky to get one who was the exact opposite from her - this doc was encouraging and willing to try ways to enhance the chance.

My dream came true.

who is your doc? perhaps you can seek a 2nd opinion. Doctors are different, one diagnosis from one doc doesnt mean a death sentence.

I once experienced a lady doc who was not very encouraging, at that point in time I only had 3 frozen blastos but all kaput before transferred. I was preparing to head down to the hospital for transfer when I received a call from her saying all 3 kaput after thawing. I met her up on another day for review and she actually told me to either stop since I already have 3 boys ("already enough" was what she said) or head to JB to do PGS/PGD/gender selection or get a donor. Obviously I was very pissed off hearing from her and I refused to heed her nonsense. Switched docs within KKH and I was so goddamn lucky to get one who was the exact opposite from her - this doc was encouraging and willing to try ways to enhance the chance.

My dream came true.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I feel heartened to hear that your dream came true eventually.

I'm under RC (Virtus). Ya I booked an appointment in April w THH (Alpha) for a second opinion. I guess yesterday was really rough to hear RC tell me to terminate the journey. On one hand I'm thinking if even him whom many claim to be good don't have hope for me, what more can I do. But i guess I'm still not ready to close this chapter so will get another opinion. Even though I know I might be setting myself up for disappointment again.

I guess maybe we have no affinity with RC. Actually during the cycles, he already brought up the donor egg a few times even though we told him we are not willing to consider it. Maybe he was just being practical with this suggestion and also with telling me not to continue anymore, but it really sucks hearing it.

Back