IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi I think some ladies swear by day 5 blasts, but also alot of success stories with day 2 or 3 transfer. 11 embryos is a very good number. If u failed 2 fresh transfers already, can consider a frozen cycle this round. Some ladies have higher success rates with frozen cycle. U can really consider this.

Govt hosp do not do transfer on Sunday and PH is a fact which cannot be changed hence no point lamenting about it. Even the pte clinic I went to doesn't do retrieval or transfer on Sunday or PH. If u die die want to do on Sunday or PH, its like few thousand dollars more.. who will want to do that?

Yah, I understand that must pay for everyone to come back to do the ET.. seems not very operations-friendly but I would think it's more on the manpower limitation plus cost more than the overheads/electricity issue since the embryo cultuivation is already ongoing. My thought is that I'm sure something could be worked out among the affected staff for the best of the patient? I'm very sure I'm not the first patient to have had to do a day 4 just cos "the hospital is closed on Sundays" haha.. sorry for the rant.

I've done a frozen tsf after my second fresh but it didn't work out sadly. Oh my, I just received the sms from KKH to go down on Saturday to do day 4 tsf.

Yah, I understand that must pay for everyone to come back to do the ET.. seems not very operations-friendly but I would think it's more on the manpower limitation plus cost more than the overheads/electricity issue since the embryo cultuivation is already ongoing. My thought is that I'm sure something could be worked out among the affected staff for the best of the patient? I'm very sure I'm not the first patient to have had to do a day 4 just cos "the hospital is closed on Sundays" haha.. sorry for the rant.

I've done a frozen tsf after my second fresh but it didn't work out sadly. Oh my, I just received the sms from KKH to go down on Saturday to do day 4 tsf.
How about endo scratch? Perhaps u can consider this as well. But this can only be done for frozen transfer.

But nonetheless, if u are really going for the transfer this sat, u need to stay positive. I feel it is really important

Last edited:
Hi I think some ladies swear by day 5 blasts, but also alot of success stories with day 2 or 3 transfer. 11 embryos is a very good number. If u failed 2 fresh transfers already, can consider a frozen cycle this round. Some ladies have higher success rates with frozen cycle. U can really consider this.

Govt hosp do not do transfer on Sunday and PH is a fact which cannot be changed hence no point lamenting about it. Even the pte clinic I went to doesn't do retrieval or transfer on Sunday or PH. If u die die want to do on Sunday or PH, its like few thousand dollars more.. who will want to do that?

is it confirmed that "Govt hosp do not do transfer on Sunday and PH is a fact which cannot be changed"?

Just want to let this out somewhere…
I’ve been trying natural (some months with clomid) for 26months after getting 1 boy from 4rounds of IVF.
After 26 failed cycles, I really don’t know how I should feel.
I thought my heart should be immune by now, but why does it still hurt so painfully with every failed cycle?

Just want to let this out somewhere…
I’ve been trying natural (some months with clomid) for 26months after getting 1 boy from 4rounds of IVF.
After 26 failed cycles, I really don’t know how I should feel.
I thought my heart should be immune by now, but why does it still hurt so painfully with every failed cycle?
Hello! Still remember me? We started off around the same time but u succeeded with no.1 b4 me!
Tbh we all know how it feels. Be it natural or IUI or IVF failed cycles, the pain is never lesser.
All I can say is, 2 years of natural should be able to tell u something. If u really want no.2, maybe should consider other methods. Time is very crucial in baby making. But nonetheless, whatever your decision is, you have done your very best! Be easy on yourself.

Well, maybe you can try asking your Dr?

i know that govt hospitals do open for urgent cases on sundays and PH...very rare cases but yes ...that's why im surprised when you so confidently said ""Govt hosp do not do transfer on Sunday and PH is a fact which cannot be changed"...............................................

i know that govt hospitals do open for urgent cases on sundays and PH...very rare cases but yes ...that's why im surprised when you so confidently said ""Govt hosp do not do transfer on Sunday and PH is a fact which cannot be changed"...............................................
Putting urgent cases aside, generally they dont do Sunday and PH transfers. They also dont do Sunday and PH C-sec LOL. I am confident to say that cos my OB told me that she doesnt do sunday and PH C sec LOL, not sure if it's herself or the OT staff are not working.

Putting urgent cases aside, generally they dont do Sunday and PH transfers. They also dont do Sunday and PH C-sec LOL. I am confident to say that cos my OB told me that she doesnt do sunday and PH C sec LOL, not sure if it's herself or the OT staff are not working.

i was not referring to your post about the "confident" part...and i wasn't talking about C-sec on sundays or PH, i was talking about transfer which was originally asked by thedreamchaser..and the post about confident was for the post made by Dreamscometrue

i was not referring to your post about the "confident" part...and i wasn't talking about C-sec on sundays or PH, i was talking about transfer which was originally asked by thedreamchaser..and the post about confident was for the post made by Dreamscometrue
If C-secs are not done on sundays or PH, ETs should be the same too, as mentioned by both Dreams.

Ooh, i was replying to your reply to my statement. I didnt know i wasnt supposed to comment meant for both Dreams LOL

1677471482193.png

I guess your urgent cases here refers to fertility treatment? If im not wrong, majority of the ladies including myself encountered no retrieval and transfers on Sundays and PH in both govt and pte settings.

If u are the lucky ones whose dr is willing to do for u then that's really good for u. So perhaps can share more infor about this so that if needed, ladies here can refer to.

I think we are just trying our best to share stories and experiences here. If anyone has different experiences, feel free to share. Everyone here has had a difficult journey, let's not make it any harder..

I have about 6 cheapo home pregnancy tests to bless. I have bought loads during my TWW and I have been testing 2-3x per day till I got my double lines. I'm closing shop hence have no use for them.

I would like to bless these 6 cheapo HPT for heng heng!

Is there such thing as day 7 blastocyst? It's very rare? Does the slow growth means it's not a very good embryo which might result in MC?
very rare for day 6 or 7 blasto....mostly day 5.

usually slow growth doesnt really bode well...its like 50-50 already from the start.

Back