IVF/ICSI Support Group

after my failed fet I had my menses, then scheduled to see doctor next month. Probably for me I’ll do after the 2 to 3’months. Will you be doing fresh transfer or medicated fet?

I also scheduled to see my doc in Jan.
I did a fresh in Oct. Then freeze my embryos and a FET in Dec. I still have 6 embryos left. So planning a fet either in Feb or Mar. Will see what my gynae suggest. Im old le. So maybe my gynae will ask me not to wait? Hmmm....

Hi, my embryos were freezed at day 2 and I did a day 3 transfer...i think that is my gynae's practice.
Which doc or hosp are you with?

Hi Ineedmiracle

Im with Mt E. Which clinic/hospital are you with? Was yours successful with a day 3 transfer?
Day 2 freeze meaning at 4cells stage right?

Well, at least I know can freeze. I thought only egg (Day 0), fertilised embryo (Day 1) and blastocyst (Day 5) can freeze.

May I ask whether we can take Bai Feng pills in the same cycle as clomid? Because technically they are taken on different days of the cycle

Hi Ineedmiracle

Im with Mt E. Which clinic/hospital are you with? Was yours successful with a day 3 transfer?
Day 2 freeze meaning at 4cells stage right?

Well, at least I know can freeze. I thought only egg (Day 0), fertilised embryo (Day 1) and blastocyst (Day 5) can freeze.

Succeeded for my #1 but not this round.
I'm with Dr Loh @ TFC.

I just seen the doc and was told that I need to do the ivf briefing though I have done it 6 years ago so meaning this will delay my ER :(

Doc told me it will take 3’months before I can do my ER.
Very sad that I need to wait and wait.

But will hope for the best.

I just seen the doc and was told that I need to do the ivf briefing though I have done it 6 years ago so meaning this will delay my ER :(

All the best!!

Good things are worth the wait. In the mean time tiao your body.
Yah.. I have to go thru all the counselling and briefing and bloodtest when I did last Oct.
Are you with kkivf? 3months because of their long waiting list?

Hi everyone,
I'm planning to go for my first IVF after failing 1 IUI. Could anyone share how long the process and experience for first timers? At which stage do we need to take MC to rest and how many days? I heard the egg retrieval can be quite painful. I intend not to tell my work in advance and just take 1 or 2 days MC where necessary as normal flu sick leave. Is it ok?
Also can we request for PGS testing if I'm near 40 years old? I heard PGS can be now approved for co-funding as well. Any one keen to share the experience? Thanks a lot.

Just to spread some positivity here - i saw many ladies fretting over the embryo grading and the harvest.

Like you, I felt the same way - depressed and worried when i received the ER report - 3 embryos and all graded C. Afterall the previous cycle, all couldnt make it for transfer.

The doc froze all 3 embryos cos my hormone levels were too high after ER, so afterwhich I went ahead for transfer.

Just before the transfer of 2 embryos out of 3, i was told that 1 of the thawing embryos couldnt make it and they had to thaw the remaining one in the freezer. My transfer was delayed for 2 hours on the same day.

After transfer of 2 embryos, I remained positive and kept testing on the pregnancy kit. Just when all hopes seem to be extinguished, i saw a faded line on 8DP5DT. It got stronger and stronger.

I just delivered my little girl slightly more than a month ago.

It's a nice wrap up cos I do not have any frozen embryos in the freezer and with that, I have ended my IVF journey with 3 boys and a girl.

Though I am no longer TTC-ing, i hope i can spread positive ions here and share whatever I know to the ladies here.

Cheers!
Hello towkayneo!! I have not login for the longest time. So happy to see this post of yours!!

You're always an inspiration for me! And really salute u for going through so many cycles and tries. Truly happy that you finally gotten your little princess after 3 princes!

Jia you!!

Yea.. I agree with Dreamscometrue... Thanks so much for being such an inspiration to everyone!

I am staying positive for my own journey too! Manifesting, co-creating a miracle and just let it go... Trusting the process completely! We all deserve beautiful babies... every woman does! ❤️

Hello towkayneo!! I have not login for the longest time. So happy to see this post of yours!!

You're always an inspiration for me! And really salute u for going through so many cycles and tries. Truly happy that you finally gotten your little princess after 3 princes!

Jia you!!
Hey Dream! hahahah...thank you thank you!

We are the seniors here; you and dawn are inspirations to me too cos both of you are so willing to share! Through perseverance and loads of research, we are fortunate to achieve what we want from this journey.

Ladies,

I recieved Covid booster invite again. For 4th Booster... wondering what you all think... is it necessary? Given our bodies already weaken by fertility drugs, I am planning on acupuncture to build health now before FET. Shd I really take Covid booster?

I took 3 boosters and already had Covid last year. Booster or no booster, also will get Covid. Plus its like common flu now... just wondering worth taking the booster?

Anyone knows of experiences where pple got Covid during their pregnancy? Did health of foetus got affected by Covid? I read a piece of news where a baby was born with immunity when the mum had Covid during pregnancy. ‍♀️

Ladies,

I recieved Covid booster invite again. For 4th Booster... wondering what you all think... is it necessary? Given our bodies already weaken by fertility drugs, I am planning on acupuncture to build health now before FET. Shd I really take Covid booster?

I took 3 boosters and already had Covid last year. Booster or no booster, also will get Covid. Plus its like common flu now... just wondering worth taking the booster?

Anyone knows of experiences where pple got Covid during their pregnancy? Did health of foetus got affected by Covid? I read a piece of news where a baby was born with immunity when the mum had Covid during pregnancy. ‍♀
Hey Goodluck, for myself, I wouldnt take any more boosters cos it seems like neverending. I got covid last year around this time and because I was scheduled for ET in March last year and due to the policy of mandatory vaxx, I got the 3rd jab just before ET because I didnt want to get any vaxx during pregnancy (wouldnt know what complications might set in).

Would say if it's not mandatory, can just skip. But that is just me.

Heya Towkay!

I think the same too.... I'll just skip it and work on building my health before FET. Honestly, I've been feeling my own pulse lately and recognise that it has gone weak. Better start my acupuncture soon and prep my body for FET. ❤️

I'm skipping the booster too. My body has no time for that now. :p

Towkay, you have 4 kids! How many rounds of transfer did you go through to achieve this. You are one supermama!!

Hey Dream! hahahah...thank you thank you!

We are the seniors here; you and dawn are inspirations to me too cos both of you are so willing to share! Through perseverance and loads of research, we are fortunate to achieve what we want from this journey.
Wah senior! Indeed old liao haha.. I think I'm done already.

Hi all IVF graduate-mums,
Thank you for sharing here.. It's really comforting and encouraging to know the number of cycles done and children you all have.

It feels like that PSLE score movement where adults were sharing their PSLE aggregate and where they ended up in life.

This journey is just as amazing as any other mums who fell pregnant naturally.

Hi all IVF graduate-mums,
Thank you for sharing here.. It's really comforting and encouraging to know the number of cycles done and children you all have.

It feels like that PSLE score movement where adults were sharing their PSLE aggregate and where they ended up in life.

This journey is just as amazing as any other mums who fell pregnant naturally.
Never give up hope. Do loads of research, discuss with your doctor and try all ways and means. Behind Every successful case has a winning formula - it’s not just textbook method. Perhaps the first cycle is a very general one, subsequently the doc will tweak the dosage and meds to enhance the success rate. Having said that, getting a doc who has chemistry with you is v v important.

First beta reading after FET was 35,second was 139 and wifey due for scan next week. What are the symptoms experienced dueing this period? Am trying to keep both of us positive and hopeful..

First beta reading after FET was 35,second was 139 and wifey due for scan next week. What are the symptoms experienced dueing this period? Am trying to keep both of us positive and hopeful..
Check out for bleeding in this crucial period. Any sorts of bleeding - brown, pink and red, pls head to A&E straightaway.

Ladies, is it a must to do Tcm before FET? I’m thinking to skip this round for FET in March. And engage fertility massage. Any suggestion ? Any other ways to improve chances of succeed ?
History :
1. Ectopic pregnancy in Aug 2021,
2. Successful FET in Dec 2021
3. Miscarriage (conceived naturally ) Aug 2022.

Check out for bleeding in this crucial period. Any sorts of bleeding - brown, pink and red, pls head to A&E straightaway.
Had the first scan. Positive news the sac was sighted in the womb. However there is concern of slow growth and need another scan the following week. Anyone experience the same?

Had the first scan. Positive news the sac was sighted in the womb. However there is concern of slow growth and need another scan the following week. Anyone experience the same?
how's everything? give it some time, the following week will be more conclusive as in you will know if the baby is growing well or otherwise.

Again, do look out for bleeding.

how's everything? give it some time, the following week will be more conclusive as in you will know if the baby is growing well or otherwise.

Again, do look out for bleeding.
Second scan is this coming Friday. This is 5th week after FET, hence hoping there is heartbeat. Each day is anxiety time, really respect those fighters who been thru so many rounds.

Second scan is this coming Friday. This is 5th week after FET, hence hoping there is heartbeat. Each day is anxiety time, really respect those fighters who been thru so many rounds.
Ya!!! very kan chiong every day throughout the pregnancy journey. anything can happen along the way. i was praying very hard every day.

keep going ladies! if it doesnt work out this time round, it will work out the next round because the embryo managed to implant, just that it's not healthy in chromosomal terms.

Jia you!

Never give up hope. Do loads of research, discuss with your doctor and try all ways and means. Behind Every successful case has a winning formula - it’s not just textbook method. Perhaps the first cycle is a very general one, subsequently the doc will tweak the dosage and meds to enhance the success rate. Having said that, getting a doc who has chemistry with you is v v important.
Hello towkayneo
I’m very sian of this journey cos I had 3 fresh but no pregnancy yet. Nothing seems to be wrong with my body except my hubs morphology which doc say it’s totally normal even for healthy couples. Really trying my luck now that I had 3 untested day 6 blast in kkh and 2 day 6 pending pgs results in NUH. Had 3 miscarriages, did some test but all ok, didn’t do nk cells as doc says need to find immunologist for it and says this is super rare and unlikely I’ll have. Doc didn’t want to prescribe any prednisone or intralipids for fet without any test results implying I need it.
Really hoping to see a miracle towards the end. Your story gives me some positivity and I really hope to see my little miracle soon…

Hello towkayneo
I’m very sian of this journey cos I had 3 fresh but no pregnancy yet. Nothing seems to be wrong with my body except my hubs morphology which doc say it’s totally normal even for healthy couples. Really trying my luck now that I had 3 untested day 6 blast in kkh and 2 day 6 pending pgs results in NUH. Had 3 miscarriages, did some test but all ok, didn’t do nk cells as doc says need to find immunologist for it and says this is super rare and unlikely I’ll have. Doc didn’t want to prescribe any prednisone or intralipids for fet without any test results implying I need it.
Really hoping to see a miracle towards the end. Your story gives me some positivity and I really hope to see my little miracle soon…
Jia you! It might be the 3 m/c happened to be 3 unhealthy embryos. To look in a positive way, implantation happened and it means that you are able to get pregnant! right now it's just waiting for the right embryo to implant. Dont give up! the baby is waiting at the other end.

hi all....i have leftover of Crinone.. PM me if anyone interested :)

CRINONE PROGESTERONE TRANSVAGINAL GEL 8% (EACH)16 SticksExpiry 2025$8.00Each Gel

thanks!

Hi ladies, I'm selling away 15 sticks of crinone for $90. Expiry Feb 2024, and give away 3 for free. 2 expire Aug 2023, 1 expire March 2023. Can opt for normal mail (free), or courier at own expense.

Hi all,

Really need some words of wisdom/advice from ladies here... I just did my ER on Tuesday and the plan is for me to do day 4 transfer on Saturday. Reason is because kkh is closed on Sunday so they can't do a day 5 blastocyst tsf. (which till date, after 2 cycles I still feel I can't accept this reason) I previously had a day 3 tsf in my first cycle which did not work out.. hence, honestly, I'm not very keen on a day 4 transfer since it's just one day apart isn't it, so IMO, what huge difference can there be in the cells division and cells number? In my second cycle, I had a day 5 blast fresh tsf which resulted in early chemical pregnancy. Should I call kkh to check if they can first freeze the good day 2 embryos And culture the rest to day 5? My doctor had this in mind for me when I last reviewed with her, but I'm not sure why after my ER, she did not mention or note down that she's proceeding with this plan. I'm not sure is there a change of plan/protocol because I only had 11 eggs retrieved? Appreciate any form of advice...

Hi all,

Really need some words of wisdom/advice from ladies here... I just did my ER on Tuesday and the plan is for me to do day 4 transfer on Saturday. Reason is because kkh is closed on Sunday so they can't do a day 5 blastocyst tsf. (which till date, after 2 cycles I still feel I can't accept this reason) I previously had a day 3 tsf in my first cycle which did not work out.. hence, honestly, I'm not very keen on a day 4 transfer since it's just one day apart isn't it, so IMO, what huge difference can there be in the cells division and cells number? In my second cycle, I had a day 5 blast fresh tsf which resulted in early chemical pregnancy. Should I call kkh to check if they can first freeze the good day 2 embryos And culture the rest to day 5? My doctor had this in mind for me when I last reviewed with her, but I'm not sure why after my ER, she did not mention or note down that she's proceeding with this plan. I'm not sure is there a change of plan/protocol because I only had 11 eggs retrieved? Appreciate any form of advice...
Some docs said there is not much difference in day 4 and day 5 but I would beg to differ. I think I experienced this issue previously and because my hormonal levels were high, hence, all my embryos were freezed.

Some people do well in fresh transfer, some can only succeed in frozen transfer and I happened to be the latter.

Back to your Q, if you are not comfy, let your doc know that you would want to freeze them, 11 is a good number but to take note that some embryos might not withstand the freezing and thawing, hence the figures may drop to 2 or 3.

Hi all,

by right, they should operate on public holidays and sundays for special cases (this is what i know from another govt hosp)...its very weird that they can;t do it cos they're closed on sunday..i think you should bring this up

Hi all,

Hi I think some ladies swear by day 5 blasts, but also alot of success stories with day 2 or 3 transfer. 11 embryos is a very good number. If u failed 2 fresh transfers already, can consider a frozen cycle this round. Some ladies have higher success rates with frozen cycle. U can really consider this.

Govt hosp do not do transfer on Sunday and PH is a fact which cannot be changed hence no point lamenting about it. Even the pte clinic I went to doesn't do retrieval or transfer on Sunday or PH. If u die die want to do on Sunday or PH, its like few thousand dollars more.. who will want to do that?

Last edited:

Some docs said there is not much difference in day 4 and day 5 but I would beg to differ. I think I experienced this issue previously and because my hormonal levels were high, hence, all my embryos were freezed.

Some people do well in fresh transfer, some can only succeed in frozen transfer and I happened to be the latter.

Back to your Q, if you are not comfy, let your doc know that you would want to freeze them, 11 is a good number but to take note that some embryos might not withstand the freezing and thawing, hence the figures may drop to 2 or 3.

Hormonal level meaning the progesterone BT taken on trigger shot day is it? Mine is 2.9nmol. I haven't been advised to do frozen so I assume the level is normal? I had a frozen tsf (day 6 grade C after my second fresh) and it didn't work out too sadly.

Back