IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi all,

Need some sharing here. Has anyone transferred a partially collapsed embryo? Before my transfer, my doctor told me that the embryo is partially collapsed and just slightly more than 50% cells are surviving. Even though that's the case, it still qualifies as an embryo that survived the thawing and hence the transfer went ahead.

But I'm constantly worried about this. Even though I've asked the doctor and embryologist if its something of a concern and their answer is no. I'm still feeling unsettled. They also mentioned that it all depends on the embryo now to rebuild its cells and hatch out of the zona.

Does anyone has a similar experience and still got pregnant in the end?

Hi all,

Need some sharing here. Has anyone transferred a partially collapsed embryo? Before my transfer, my doctor told me that the embryo is partially collapsed and just slightly more than 50% cells are surviving. Even though that's the case, it still qualifies as an embryo that survived the thawing and hence the transfer went ahead.

But I'm constantly worried about this. Even though I've asked the doctor and embryologist if its something of a concern and their answer is no. I'm still feeling unsettled. They also mentioned that it all depends on the embryo now to rebuild its cells and hatch out of the zona.

Does anyone has a similar experience and still got pregnant in the end?
Hi, no experience in this but what I can say is you already had your transfer, worrying about it won't do you any good. Try to stay positive!

Hi everyone! Hope all well. I wanted to check what is the current protocol for booster vaccine and FET? Do we still need to wait 1 month after vaccine to start FET? Many thanks!

Hi everyone! Hope all well. I wanted to check what is the current protocol for booster vaccine and FET? Do we still need to wait 1 month after vaccine to start FET? Many thanks!
Hello personality I rested for about 2 months.
Took my second vaccine on 29 July and FET on 01 Oct 2021.
If you are taking Pfizer booster shot is the same dosage as vaccine 1&2.

Hi! Any ivf mummies having pregnancy rash during first tri? I’m at 6w6d n I started this rash throughout the whole body since a week ago. Any mummies went through this too?

Nope for me… rash as in which part

It’s throughout the whole body for me… I’ve got like small lil red dots all over n it becomes swollen when it’s gonna start to itch… was just wondering if anyone has encountered the same n how long this rash will last… itch is really superb unbearable …

I'm about to face this issue too. I am 39 years old this year, now 34 weeks pregnant with a singleton after going through 3 cycles. I still have 5 blastocysts balance from my 3rd cycle, including one more 4AA grade. But my husband is very firm about having 1 child only. He is older than me, 50 this year so I can see his point about us not being young parents anymore.

I insisted to renew storage for one more year due in March. After going through 3 rounds of stims, it is really heart pain thinking about terminating the embryos!! Will see how again next year, maybe we will have a change in mindset.
Actually, there are plenty of people who are desperate for embryos. If you are prepared to do so, can donate. Your babies will get a chance at life, and there will be couples who would be silently grateful to you for giving them a chance to be parents - when otherwise, they will not have the chance. And I think most of us on this board know how painful it is to want a child, but not have one.

But of course, before taking the step, you do need to be mentally and emotionally prepared for this.

Whatever it is, all the best!

It’s throughout the whole body for me… I’ve got like small lil red dots all over n it becomes swollen when it’s gonna start to itch… was just wondering if anyone has encountered the same n how long this rash will last… itch is really superb unbearable …
Hi Audreyyz, it could be due to hormonal changes. I think you can see a doctor and see if she or he prescribes mild topical steroid. in the meantime, keep moisturizing.

Hi Ladies,
I would like to share my fertility journey and some positive updates with you ladies.
I’m turning 38 this year, I’ve just gotten my HCG blood test result; I was tested positive at level 1490. I have transferred two grade C day6 blastocyst for this round of FET.
I had one failed IUI and one failed IVF Fresh transfer (D5 blast) before.
Assigned IVF doctor is Dr. Chua at KKH, however embryo transfer was performed by Dr. Ee as Dr. Chua is on leave.
For my IVF retrieval, I have retrieved a total 25 oocytes, 17 were fertilized, but only 5 make it to D5/D6 blastocyst stage.
Let me share with you what I did for this round of FET;
*Before transfer*
- I went for TCM and have been taking Chinese herbs for about 1 month plus
- Foot Soak (once to twice weekly)
- No cold drinks / Cut down on caffeine
- I take red dates + wolfberries drink every other days. (Cannot have it everyday as it might be too heaty)
- Heat pad to warm my womb area days before transfer. And also, keep my body warm by avoid wearing sleeveless and short skirt. Wear Socks before going to bed.
- Taking prenatal vitamins from GNC, Folic acid and Vit D
*For TWW*
- I have stop the foot soak and heat pad at womb area. The rest continues…
- Walk at least 10 to 15mins after inserting Crinone gel.
- I spotted mild very light pink discharge around 10 days past transfer (I was so sad, I thought I will be out this round) However, the pink spotting stops after 1-2days.
- I did not take any home pregnancy test (I don’t dare to see the result)
- I have no pregnancy symptoms so far, feeling normal.

I hope my sharing helps... All the best!

Hi! Any ivf mummies having pregnancy rash during first tri? I’m at 6w6d n I started this rash throughout the whole body since a week ago. Any mummies went through this too?
I had rashes around my tummy for my 1st preg but its during 2nd tri though.. nothing can be done accept bear with the itch. The more I scratch, the worse it became. Steoroid Cream from Dr doesn't help also.
In the end i bought suu balm cream to help with the itch, doesn't cure the rashes though. For shower I used isoderm. It gradually went away after few weeks..

Last edited:
Hi. Can anyone advise how come implantation can fail especially if i had a successful fet previously (although it ended as a tri 2 mc). My gynae and tcm was like telling me i dont have implantation issues but my 2nd fet fail. Disappointed.

Hi. Can anyone advise how come implantation can fail especially if i had a successful fet previously (although it ended as a tri 2 mc). My gynae and tcm was like telling me i dont have implantation issues but my 2nd fet fail. Disappointed.
There are too many reasons for failing.. no one knows the exact reason. Even if succeeded once doesn't mean the next transfer will be 100% successful.
However it tells us that we can get pregnant! Just a matter of time. Don't give up trying!

Me! I transferred on 19 april n now waiting. Been poas everything but nothing.... will u poas?
Hmmmm I was tempted to this morning. But decided not to. Scared of the results.....

The last FET, I was positive on the stick, but the HCG level dropped off during blood test. It was quite traumatic.

So, this time... I'm thinking of just waiting it out - but it's a long wait due to the the intervening public holidays. How about you? Gonna do it?

Hi Ladies,
I would like to share my fertility journey and some positive updates with you ladies.
I’m turning 38 this year, I’ve just gotten my HCG blood test result; I was tested positive at level 1490. I have transferred two grade C day6 blastocyst for this round of FET.
Assigned IVF doctor is Dr. Chua at KKH, however embryo transfer was performed by Dr. Ee as Dr. Chua is on leave.
For my IVF retrieval, I have retrieved a total 25 oocytes, 17 were fertilized, but only 5 make it to D5/D6 blastocyst stage.
*Before transfer*
- I take red dates + wolfberries drink every other days. (Cannot have it everyday as it might be too heaty)
- Heat pad to warm my womb area days before transfer. And also, keep my body warm by avoid wearing sleeveless and short skirt. Wear Socks before going to bed.
*For TWW*
- I spotted mild very light pink discharge around 10 days past transfer (I was so sad, I thought I will be out this round) However, the pink spotting stops after 1-2days.

WOW! Congrats! You must be over the moon!

Grade C - does it mean it was not a top grade embryo, but nevertheless made it to pregnancy? If so, really happy for you and thanks for sharing, it's such an encouragement!

My FET also failed last round - and that was my best egg. I was quite devastated thereafter because, as a matter of logic, if the best egg doesn't make it... what are the chances that the others would. My doc said it doesn't work that way and I still doubted. But hearing your story really gives me some hope!

Hmmmm I was tempted to this morning. But decided not to. Scared of the results.....

The last FET, I was positive on the stick, but the HCG level dropped off during blood test. It was quite traumatic.

So, this time... I'm thinking of just waiting it out - but it's a long wait due to the the intervening public holidays. How about you? Gonna do it?
Hello. I tested and up till 9dp5dt, it was negative. I gave up. I am not showing any symptoms as what i have the previous round too. Likely to be out this round. Sobs

WOW! Congrats! You must be over the moon!

Grade C - does it mean it was not a top grade embryo, but nevertheless made it to pregnancy? If so, really happy for you and thanks for sharing, it's such an encouragement!

My FET also failed last round - and that was my best egg. I was quite devastated thereafter because, as a matter of logic, if the best egg doesn't make it... what are the chances that the others would. My doc said it doesn't work that way and I still doubted. But hearing your story really gives me some hope!

I also would like to say the same thing as your doctor. I too succeed with grade c too. I think for the transfer to work it really also depends a lot of things. The lining, the body condition. And the embryo also made up of egg and sperm so not everything is just about the egg.

Dear ladies.. I think I'm more or less done with having babies..

So now I'm clearing out baby clothes. Mainly 0-3m, I'm in the midst of packing 3-6m as well. Mixture of pink and blue colours..

Kindly note that these clothing range from well used (have some stains), to used and some are still in very new condition.

Either self collect at my unit (west side) or courier service (those that dont need me to print out anything pls) to be self paid.

If you're keen to have the clothing and can wait for a few weeks for me to be done with packing (sorry I'm working and don't have helper!), u can pm me.

Thank you!

Hi Ladies,
*Before transfer*
*For TWW*

Thanks for sharing your positive news! just did my FET too with dr ee

How long did you all avoid cold drinks until? It’s just a few days after my transfer and I cannot take it anymore! Plus the weather is not helping

Hello, for me one to two months before FET, I’m still drinking some cold drinks. After FET during tww I avoid cold drinks.
I would think it’s best to avoid cold drinks during tww. If you really need to drink a few sip without ice cubes!

How long did you all avoid cold drinks until? It’s just a few days after my transfer and I cannot take it anymore! Plus the weather is not helping
Last time sinseh told me to generally avoid cold drinks during TTC and pregnancy. But minimally, must not take during 1st trimester. I did take it during 3rd trimester when it all became too hot and stuffy!

Hi ladies, I'm giving away this very new set of moxibustion items which u can use at home. It contains a house wooden cases which u can attach the aicao (艾草)which is the thing u use to generate heat for your belly. Very new coz I only used them twice before getting pregnant, blessing away to any of u who is keen on trying moxbustion at home. Pls PM me if you're keen to have these items. Self collect at Punggol. I can teach u how to use when u come by to collect.

Attachments

• 20220529_160104.jpg
    20220529_160104.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 78
  • 20220529_160120.jpg
    20220529_160120.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 74
  • 20220529_160129.jpg
    20220529_160129.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 71

Back