IVF/ICSI Support Group

I switched to private (Alpha) after failing 2 IVF cycles (2 retrievals and 2 transfers) and 1 SO-IUI at KK. Even though I had not finished all my govt subsidy, I realised the KK protocol was not working for me. Agewise I was already 37. I considered switching to SGH so I can benefit from the grants, but didn't like the doctor and experience there. At least I still had balance Medisave to offset my 3rd retrieval cycle done at Alpha.

I must say that compared to KK, Alpha has better lab technology and Dr Tan is very skillful and experienced. Its worth the price. He changed my entire protocol for ER jabs and FET. After failing so many times before, finally I got my bfp under Dr Tan and currently 13 weeks.

Hi Harriet, thanks for the info. I have used up all the co funding for my 3 fresh cycles. Now looking at private ivf. Can you pm me the price of your package at Alpha IVF?

Erm well I only have encounter with 1 NUH Dr, 1 other pte Dr and Dr Roland.

I do prefer Roland compared to another pte Dr. Hence I chose Dr Roland as my IVF Dr.

I've done 2 fresh cycles under Dr Roland.

I guess affinity is impt as well. So once u found the Dr you're comfortable with and trust, just stick to him
Hi, I'm considering switching to Dr Roland as I had 3 failed fresh cycles and no more frozen. Are you able to pm me to share the cost of your IVF with Dr. Roland?

Hi, I'm considering switching to Dr Roland as I had 3 failed fresh cycles and no more frozen. Are you able to pm me to share the cost of your IVF with Dr. Roland?
I actually nv calculated how much was the fresh cycle. I think should be around 15k.
FET is about 6k plus. To freeze the embryos is another cost depends on how many years u wanna freeze them

I actually nv calculated how much was the fresh cycle. I think should be around 15k.
FET is about 6k plus. To freeze the embryos is another cost depends on how many years u wanna freeze them
I think at private the cost oso need to depend on how much dosages and how long for stimulation drug. Tat can cost a few thousand differences.

I think at private the cost oso need to depend on how much dosages and how long for stimulation drug. Tat can cost a few thousand differences.
Yalor. Even at govt hosp also depends on dosage.
With Roland, I was on oral drugs for about 1 week before starting on stim jab, so dosage considered on the lower side. Hence considered not that ex.

With Roland, I was on oral drugs for about 1 week before starting on stim jab, so dosage considered on the lower side. Hence considered not that ex.
I see. Din know can take oral drugs. Is tat considered as long protocol? The price for fresh and frozen cycle quite similar to what I paid in Alpha. I was oso on medium dosage.

I see. Din know can take oral drugs. Is tat considered as long protocol? The price for fresh and frozen cycle quite similar to what I paid in Alpha. I was oso on medium dosage.
No lei, just normal protocol. The 1 week or oral meds really helped to save alot of $.
How much was ur fresh and FET at alpha?

I see. Thanks for the info. Yeah for my last cycle at KKH, I was also given oral drugs for first 4 days, only started on stim jabs on 5th day which is also not on the high dosage side. Rationale was that I have low amh, so no point giving high dosage. Doctor wanted to get better quality eggs instead.

I see. Thanks for the info. Yeah for my last cycle at KKH, I was also given oral drugs for first 4 days, only started on stim jabs on 5th day which is also not on the high dosage side. Rationale was that I have low amh, so no point giving high dosage. Doctor wanted to get better quality eggs instead.
Oh no wonder... now I understand already. Maybe tat is the reason tat I was not on oral medication before cos my AMH lv is normal.

who is the dr in kkh?

Oh yes, I do have low amh as well

Dr. Sadhana. To add on, I was given hcg injections as part of luteal phase support. No crinone gel or other medications. Does anyone have similar experience?
I had hcg injections (pregnyl) after my fresh and frozen transfers at KKH too, without any other type of medication. But for my case it was because I asked my KK doctor (Dr Jessie) for an alternative to crinone, so she suggested the jabs. According to her, hcg will encourage your body to produce progesterone on its own.

I had hcg injections (pregnyl) after my fresh and frozen transfers at KKH too, without any other type of medication. But for my case it was because I asked my KK doctor (Dr Jessie) for an alternative to crinone, so she suggested the jabs. According to her, hcg will encourage your body to produce progesterone on its own.
I see. According to Dr Sadhana, she wanted to try a different approach as I have 2 failed FET. The nurses also claimed that the hcg should help in delaying my menses, as compared to Crinone. But my menses instead came earlier, then the nurse said maybe my body may not be suitable for the hcg support. :(

Anyone who is doing IVF at KK? My appointment for ET was made once I was done with ER. Currently on my second IVF. For first IVF, it was a day 3 transfer.

I just did ER today, and appointment was make for ET for Thursday. Is it normal?

When is the beta test for a FET usually? Mine’s 16 days after the transfer- was wondering if the nurse counted wrongly?
I’m at 11dp5dt and tested BFN should I stop the crinone so that my period comes quicker? Doesn’t make sense to continue the gel to delay my period right?

When is the beta test for a FET usually? Mine’s 16 days after the transfer- was wondering if the nurse counted wrongly?
I’m at 11dp5dt and tested BFN should I stop the crinone so that my period comes quicker? Doesn’t make sense to continue the gel to delay my period right?
I think for frozen cycle it's usually earlier, had my Beta on 10dp5dt. For fresh cycle, it was on 15th day. Did you check with your clinic why beta test is so late?

I think for frozen cycle it's usually earlier, had my Beta on 10dp5dt. For fresh cycle, it was on 15th day. Did you check with your clinic why beta test is so late?

yeah, I’ve called them up and the nurse still insisted that I come in on Monday for the test and continue crinone, brushing off that a urine test might be inaccurate. I tried reasoning with her that at 11dp5dt, the urine test result should be pretty conclusive and the gel is just delaying my period but she didn’t budge

yeah, I’ve called them up and the nurse still insisted that I come in on Monday for the test and continue crinone, brushing off that a urine test might be inaccurate. I tried reasoning with her that at 11dp5dt, the urine test result should be pretty conclusive and the gel is just delaying my period but she didn’t budge
I think the accordingly to their protocol they will ask us to continue even we test neg for hpt. For me, I just stop the gel when I am definitively neg for tat round .

Which dr are u with? Are u able to go down for a beta test earlier? HPT is not 100% accurate though its accurate to a certain extent.

Is yours a fresh or frozen transfer?

KKH. Frozen transfer. Called the IVF centre earlier and the nurse still insisted that they are right on the date. I asked if I can go down earlier cos I just want closure, she says “you can come on Friday earliest but I will advise no” ‍♀️

KKH. Frozen transfer. Called the IVF centre earlier and the nurse still insisted that they are right on the date. I asked if I can go down earlier cos I just want closure, she says “you can come on Friday earliest but I will advise no” ‍♀️
Then u go on Friday. 2 more days of crinone should be fine.. I usually don't stop until I get a negative beta

Then u go on Friday. 2 more days of crinone should be fine.. I usually don't stop until I get a negative beta

i didn’t put the crinone on wed night and started spotting. Full bled on Thur. Oh well after so many attempts I’m quite jaded. Shall take a break from this since I don’t have anymore blasts left. Hopefully able to carry our rainbow baby some day.

for myself, if i see that HPT is negative, i will stop all medications and save it for the next cycle LOL. That's just me. How inaccurate can HPT be?

Disclaimer: That's just me.

yeah. I called up the clinic and the nurse still insisted that I continue putting the gel (eww so gross) even though I told her my period is here.
She didn’t understand until I spell out full bleeding, soaking up pads.

i didn’t put the crinone on wed night and started spotting. Full bled on Thur. Oh well after so many attempts I’m quite jaded. Shall take a break from this since I don’t have anymore blasts left. Hopefully able to carry our rainbow baby some day.
Take a break! I understand tat feeling after failing two fresh cycles myself previously... Did u try seeking second opinion?

Back