IVF/ICSI Support Group

Yes he does see patients on Saturdays. There is a Saturday surcharge if we make the appointment on a Saturday (but not if your stim/ultrasound review happens to fall on a Sat during the cycles). Hope this makes sense. I don't know what is the Sat surcharge sorry.

thanks, btw what is an estimated cost of doing a fresh cycle at Alpha?

Hi everyone,
I would like to share my experience here.
Me and hubby did our very first IVF last month but unfortunately it did not work.
Currently I am waiting for my period and will go ahead for the frozen embryo transfer..
Anyone here had the same experience like mine and how is this FET procedure like?

Has anyone had success transferring frozen day 2/3 embryos? Just got a call from my embryologist that they froze 6 day 2 embryos. The other 9 they set aside to observe all didn’t make it to blasts ):

Has anyone had success transferring frozen day 2/3 embryos? Just got a call from my embryologist that they froze 6 day 2 embryos. The other 9 they set aside to observe all didn’t make it to blasts ):
I nv tried day2/3 before but I'm sure have many many ladies succeeded with day2/3!

Don't worry so much

I succeeded my first transfer with a day 2 grade 4 embryo. I transferred 2 day2 embryos and one of them managed to stick. But mine was fresh transfer. Maybe u can suggest wan to transfer 2 to increase the chance. Actually any reason why they dunwan to grow the 6day2 to blastocyst?

I succeeded my first transfer with a day 2 grade 4 embryo. I transferred 2 day2 embryos and one of them managed to stick. But mine was fresh transfer. Maybe u can suggest wan to transfer 2 to increase the chance. Actually any reason why they dunwan to grow the 6day2 to blastocyst?
Yeah I think this time I’ll ask doc to transfer two. They freeze because my first cycle all cannot grow past day 4 which as same for the ones they went to observe this cycle (6 frozen vs 9 observed). That’s why the doctor freeze the day 2 as back up.

Cannot do fresh transfer because the trigger I did for FET cause me to have my period one week after ET.

really don’t know what to expect now cos my history seems to show nothing can grow past day 4.

Ic. Yes u can ask to transfer 2 embryos. U know the grades? Dun lose hope! Sometimes the embryos grows better inside rather than outside one. All the best!

1 grade 4, 5 grade 3! Thanks really trying to stay hopeful. Maybe better in womb than lab. Thanks for the encouragement ;)
For the las round, have 11 day 3 embryos ranging from grade 3 to 5. But only 2 make it to blastocyst in the lab. So sometimes inside the womb might be a better envt. Anyway, stay positive! When are u gg for FET?

For the las round, have 11 day 3 embryos ranging from grade 3 to 5. But only 2 make it to blastocyst in the lab. So sometimes inside the womb might be a better envt. Anyway, stay positive! When are u gg for FET?
I’m seeing doctor for review tomorrow and will decide! Your last round was recently, have you transferred yet?

Hi all
I lost my pregnancy 2 days before first ultrasound. Had bleeding with clots for ~2hrs, no gestational sac seen in ultrasound and HCG dropped from 7600 to 1100 in 2 days. Doc said it was not a viable pregnancy and will clear out on its own and that I shud get my next menses in 4-6 weeks. Asked to do home pregnancy test after 2 weeks to rule out ectopic.

I stopped all medications 2 days back and now spotting has increased with on and off mild cramps. Can somebody tell for how many days cramps and spotting/bleeding will continue?

Hi all
I lost my pregnancy 2 days before first ultrasound. Had bleeding with clots for ~2hrs, no gestational sac seen in ultrasound and HCG dropped from 7600 to 1100 in 2 days. Doc said it was not a viable pregnancy and will clear out on its own and that I shud get my next menses in 4-6 weeks. Asked to do home pregnancy test after 2 weeks to rule out ectopic.

I stopped all medications 2 days back and now spotting has increased with on and off mild cramps. Can somebody tell for how many days cramps and spotting/bleeding will continue?
I lost my pregnancy 2 week ago.Same situation as you.It will take nearly 2 weeks to clear out and stop bleeding.The cramps might be about one week.

Hi Happy001

how did you manage to do pgs testing? I thought pgs is not allowed in SG?

Because I want to do PGS testing on the embryos. If I do at mountE, it is expensive and they have to send to either NUH or SGH for testing anw. And yup! My baby is alr 3 months old haha

Hi, new here. Had BT positive last week but bleeding now. Went emergency O&G, doc say monitor as its too early to do anything or see anything. I feel its not normal to have bleeding during 3rd week after fet?

Hi, new here. Had BT positive last week but bleeding now. Went emergency O&G, doc say monitor as its too early to do anything or see anything. I feel its not normal to have bleeding during 3rd week after fet?

Are you taking any progesterone support? Did they give you a jab? If not you might want to get one from a private clinic. Also please try to be on bed rest

Are you taking any progesterone support? Did they give you a jab? If not you might want to get one from a private clinic. Also please try to be on bed rest
I'm on duphaston x1 morning and night. They didn't give me a jab cos it's light bleeding, didn't soaked fully on pad. But I'm worried.

I passed clots once and bled intermittently from 10 -12th DP7dt. Was informed to check my bHCG levels and given IM progesterone. And had to take PO Duphaston 10mg TDS until my review. They didn’t do any ultrasound as it was still too early in the pregnancy. Did they give you any medications?

I passed clots once and bled intermittently from 10 -12th DP7dt. Was informed to check my bHCG levels and given IM progesterone. And had to take PO Duphaston 10mg TDS until my review. They didn’t do any ultrasound as it was still too early in the pregnancy. Did they give you any medications?
I'm now 18dpt, my bleeding is fresh red palm size, no medication given or jab. Doc ask to continue progynova, duphaston and folic acid. He mentioned too early to see a sac, monitor until next review which is next week. I don't feel cramp and no discharge after I start duphaston and stop crinone gel. Is not having discharge normal? I rmb watery discharge is a sign of viable pregnancy.

I'm now 18dpt, my bleeding is fresh red palm size, no medication given or jab. Doc ask to continue progynova, duphaston and folic acid. He mentioned too early to see a sac, monitor until next review which is next week. I don't feel cramp and no discharge after I start duphaston and stop crinone gel. Is not having discharge normal? I rmb watery discharge is a sign of viable pregnancy.
Which hosp/ clinic are u with? Can ask for IM progesterone?

Sometimes it's normal to have some spotting and bleeding during IVF pregnancy.

As for thr discharge I'm not too sure. I guess no cramps is a good sign

Which hosp/ clinic are u with? Can ask for IM progesterone?

Sometimes it's normal to have some spotting and bleeding during IVF pregnancy.

As for thr discharge I'm not too sure. I guess no cramps is a good sign
I'm with kkh Dr. Sadhana. Already back from the O&G, I will monitor and see how. During ultrasound he say bleeding from womb if the pregnancy not viable will have more blood as of now nothing can be done so didn't ask for IM progesterone.

I'm with kkh Dr. Sadhana. Already back from the O&G, I will monitor and see how. During ultrasound he say bleeding from womb if the pregnancy not viable will have more blood as of now nothing can be done so didn't ask for IM progesterone.
More of less blood isn’t really a sign of viable pregnancy or not. Don’t overthink. Many ladies in this forum had bleeding pregnancies (can google in thread), me inclusive. I had a lot of bleeding and clots and bled till second trimester. Have lots of rest :) and stay positive.

More of less blood isn’t really a sign of viable pregnancy or not. Don’t overthink. Many ladies in this forum had bleeding pregnancies (can google in thread), me inclusive. I had a lot of bleeding and clots and bled till second trimester. Have lots of rest :) and stay positive.
Thanks all for the advice really appreciated.

I need some advice .How many times is too much for ivf egg retrieval. I have already went through 4 times of stimulation for eggs retrieval. Am thinking should I continue or put it at a stop.I do have 2 successful embryos that went through 5th days blastocyst.Implanted one but miscarriage at 5 weeks.Another one in storage but the quality not so good.Thinking of going another round of retrieval but will be the 5th rounds.Should I continue or stop.

I need some advice .How many times is too much for ivf egg retrieval. I have already went through 4 times of stimulation for eggs retrieval. Am thinking should I continue or put it at a stop.I do have 2 successful embryos that went through 5th days blastocyst.Implanted one but miscarriage at 5 weeks.Another one in storage but the quality not so good.Thinking of going another round of retrieval but will be the 5th rounds.Should I continue or stop.

I guess it depends on so many factors; your age, AMH, how many kids you want etc

Why not give that blast a try first? I read that grading is just a beauty contest hence I’m also giving my one and only grade C blast a chance too. Waiting to do FET. I also had a miscarriage from my first fresh transfer (grade c blast also)

There's no magic number to it. I would say as much as ur body and wallet can take it.
But since have 1 more embryo left, I would choose to go ahead to transfer that one. Never try never know. Tried and no regrets. That's what I believe.

The fact that u succeeded once means ur womb can get implanted so that's a good news.

The next embryo could be THE ONE!

I do think that you shld go ahead n transfer your only embryo in, no body knows the outcome, we here can’t makes decision for you too. But you should try so that you hv no regret even it fail.

Hi Ladies,

anyone under dr sadhana? i got pregnant and I had my first ultrasound at AMC before going to see her. wondering 2nd visit with her, will she be doing the ultrasound? or i need to go amc again before going to see her.

Hi ladies

just wondered if anyone has ever been recommended or gone thru hysteroscopy due to repeated unsuccessful IVF attempts?

I’ve had several unsuccessful attempts no implantation. In all the many scans no polyps have ever been detected. Nothing out of the ordinary has ever been raised.

thanks!

Hi ladies

just wondered if anyone has ever been recommended or gone thru hysteroscopy due to repeated unsuccessful IVF attempts?

I’ve had several unsuccessful attempts no implantation. In all the many scans no polyps have ever been detected. Nothing out of the ordinary has ever been raised.

thanks!
I think my pte fertility dr did for me b4 I started IVF proper with him though I've already removed my fibroids b4

Reactions: JnA
Hi ladies

thanks!

have you got your thyroid and vitamin d levels checked?

Hi Ladies,

I have learnt alot from you all on sharing the OHSS tips. Thank you so much.

I was having a bad OHSS after the egg retrieval last week. I feel very bloated, painful and did not sleep well during the night time. I followed your instructions by drinking more water,100 plus, eat eggs and high protein diet. It works. Within 2 days of bed rest and forcing myself to pee abit and drink abit. The OHSS nightmare is over for me.

As this is my 1st ivf cycle, i would like to find out from you all how to prepare myself for embryo transfer. What supplements to eat and also the diet?

I decide to transfer 2 embryos. If one success and 1 fail. What will happen to the fail one? Will it be pregnant and then bleeding to pass out the fail embryo. Anyone have encountered this, can share with me.

Hi Ladies,

I have learnt alot from you all on sharing the OHSS tips. Thank you so much.

I was having a bad OHSS after the egg retrieval last week. I feel very bloated, painful and did not sleep well during the night time. I followed your instructions by drinking more water,100 plus, eat eggs and high protein diet. It works. Within 2 days of bed rest and forcing myself to pee abit and drink abit. The OHSS nightmare is over for me.

As this is my 1st ivf cycle, i would like to find out from you all how to prepare myself for embryo transfer. What supplements to eat and also the diet?

I decide to transfer 2 embryos. If one success and 1 fail. What will happen to the fail one? Will it be pregnant and then bleeding to pass out the fail embryo. Anyone have encountered this, can share with me.

Continue with healthy diet - salmon/cod fish, egg, toufu, spinach, kiwi, pomegranate juice, and raw Brazil nuts.

Supplements - I took omega, vit e and multi vitamin on my own without doc prescription.

Also depends if your FET is medicated or natural. I read about the failed embryo will be absorbed into the body.

Continue with healthy diet - salmon/cod fish, egg, toufu, spinach, kiwi, pomegranate juice, and raw Brazil nuts.

Supplements - I took omega, vit e and multi vitamin on my own without doc prescription.

Also depends if your FET is medicated or natural. I read about the failed embryo will be absorbed into the body.

Hi BusyBeeEve,

Thank for your reply. I was told to call the clinic for Day 1 menstruation to proceed for the embryo transfer. I have recurrent early pregnancy loss for natural pregnancy. Dr suggested me to take low dose of asprin.

As for medicated or natural FET, which one is better.

Hi BusyBeeEve,

Thank for your reply. I was told to call the clinic for Day 1 menstruation to proceed for the embryo transfer. I have recurrent early pregnancy loss for natural pregnancy. Dr suggested me to take low dose of asprin.

As for medicated or natural FET, which one is better.
Yes I’m taking aspirin too.

I can’t comment which is better cos medicated doc has better control on the lining thickness. Aspirin helps with growing lining too. Of course I’m on medicated FET.

3dp5dt and now having an elevated bbt of 37.3... I hope it dun go any higher. first time having this after ET. Does anyone has increase bbt after ET and still BFP?

3dp5dt and now having an elevated bbt of 37.3... I hope it dun go any higher. first time having this after ET. Does anyone has increase bbt after ET and still BFP?

my BBT was constantly elevated around 36.5 range during my first fresh transfer. I stopped tempting after my blood test thou. Sadly it was a missed miscarriage after that.

Fingers crossed for you! X

Haha. Cos I nv have such high bbt after transfer before. I better drink more water maybe heaty.
I nv test bbt but I did on off test normal time temp cos I feel my body very warm. Its usually like 37.4 to 37.5 or 37.6 sometimes... I think the meds really makes our body warm. Which is needed for pregnancy. Of cos not to the extend of fever

Yes agree we need to drink more water.

Hope to hear good news from u soon!

I nv test bbt but I did on off test normal time temp cos I feel my body very warm. Its usually like 37.4 to 37.5 or 37.6 sometimes... I think the meds really makes our body warm. Which is needed for pregnancy. Of cos not to the extend of fever

Yes agree we need to drink more water.

Hope to hear good news from u soon!
My bbt went down liao after drinking lotsa water Yest was super warm. Maybe I ate too many durian yest. Lol.

Back