IVF/ICSI Support Group

Oh mine in kkh already this dual trigger. Same, ovidrel and triptorelin. Still fail.
Really? I nv try dual trigger before. Actually dunno wad is the use. How many blast u get at ur previous cycle? Mine previous 2 cycles had very low grade blastocyst or morulae only.

Really? I nv try dual trigger before. Actually dunno wad is the use. How many blast u get at ur previous cycle? Mine previous 2 cycles had very low grade blastocyst or morulae only.
I not sure what is dual trigger for but I read online is to prevent premature LH surge. Maybe cos I had one follice at 22mm. 1st cycle 1 early blast 2nd cycle 2 early blast at d5, all no grade cos I'm 36 liao. So slower growing blast is quite normal. Yrs had grading?

I not sure what is dual trigger for but I read online is to prevent premature LH surge. Maybe cos I had one follice at 22mm. 1st cycle 1 early blast 2nd cycle 2 early blast at d5, all no grade cos I'm 36 liao. So slower growing blast is quite normal. Yrs had grading?
Mine similar to urs eh. Apart from the first cycle tat I succeeded 7yrs ago, 2nd cycle only one day6 one day7 blast. All C grade... 3rd cycle only 2 slow growing morulae at day 5. Ya early blast are morulae with no grade. Bcos of this, I changed to private this round to see whether all the new technologies over there can help with better grade blast. Yet to know...I'm 34. But oso slow growing blastocyst. Dr Tan suggested is male factor. I dunno if it is true....

Mine similar to urs eh. Apart from the first cycle tat I succeeded 7yrs ago, 2nd cycle only one day6 one day7 blast. All C grade... 3rd cycle only 2 slow growing morulae at day 5. Ya early blast are morulae with no grade. Bcos of this, I changed to private this round to see whether all the new technologies over there can help with better grade blast. Yet to know...I'm 34. But oso slow growing blastocyst. Dr Tan suggested is male factor. I dunno if it is true....
Have u start 2nd cycle at KKh? Did they change drugs this round?

Actually I also thinking if mine is male factor. Becos from day 4 onwards full embryo genetics kick in, so sperm quality matters.. earlier u mentioned yr husband has sperm issues? Mine is morphology issue...did dr tan suggest do sperm dna fragmentation test?

Actually I also thinking if mine is male factor. Becos from day 4 onwards full embryo genetics kick in, so sperm quality matters.. earlier u mentioned yr husband has sperm issues? Mine is morphology issue...did dr tan suggest do sperm dna fragmentation test?
Ohya. I think so too. Cos he told me tat I can produces the eggs. But once his sperm fertilized the eggs the embryo quality drops. My husband sperm has super low sperm count and low quality. To the point tat he always need to be called back to produce 2nd sample on Retrieval day one. He din ask him fo any sperm DNA fragmentation tests cos maybe his sperm is lidat since the start but still managed to succeed the first round. But Alpha has a new ICSI technique which can inject the sperm into the eggs more gently. Hope it helps to add less stress of the embryo.

I completed 2 cycles in kkh liao, going for doc review in 2 weeks then decide what to do next. 1st cycle 150 gonal f 2nd cycle 225 gonal f 75 menopur

Oic. Then maybe it's time to seek 2nd opinion? I feel like two failed cycles under a same Dr is enough for me. I went thru two failed cycles in KKH and lose hope le. Tats y wanted to seek 2nd opinion.

Ohya. I think so too. Cos he told me tat I can produces the eggs. But once his sperm fertilized the eggs the embryo quality drops. My husband sperm has super low sperm count and low quality. To the point tat he always need to be called back to produce 2nd sample on Retrieval day one. He din ask him fo any sperm DNA fragmentation tests cos maybe his sperm is lidat since the start but still managed to succeed the first round. But Alpha has a new ICSI technique which can inject the sperm into the eggs more gently. Hope it helps to add less stress of the embryo.
I see, is the sperm mobility low also?

Oic. Then maybe it's time to seek 2nd opinion? I feel like two failed cycles under a same Dr is enough for me. I went thru two failed cycles in KKH and lose hope le. Tats y wanted to seek 2nd opinion.
Failing 2 is very difficult for me to swallow as I invested time and energy with no result. So I'm hearing from u guys also to find out more...

Failing 2 is very difficult for me to swallow as I invested time and energy with no result. So I'm hearing from u guys also to find out more...
Yalo. It's gd to hear ard actually. I oso got to know Dr Tan thru this forum. And I'm glad I went to find him 7yrs ago...

Are u doing FET this round or need to wait and see how many blastocysts?
Oh. I'm doing FET cos I have 20plus eggs retreived. He scare i will get OHSS. Tmr gg for review and see whether to grow those embryos to blastocyst. Anyway frozen cycle seems to have higher rate of success.

Normal for my age, no DOR issue. Just a lot of my follicles are very small size..18 follicles 8 eggs only...Yrs is high is it?
Ohya. I think i have this issues with my 3rd cycle Las scan has like almost 20eggs but only retreived 10eggs. Dunno is it choose to trigger not at the most optimum timing. My amh was few yrs back ard 7. Think is normal value.

Ohya I heard abt profetil. Did ur HB takes tat? My hb takes Fertilaid from Iherb. I told Dr Tan and he says continue. Got improve abit for him. I think his one is very worse to begins with.... haha. He sometimes can have total immotible sperm... tat is y everytime called back to produce 2nd time. Luckily his 2nd time always manage to have to fertilize all my eggs. So scary right. He always makes the whole lab, doctor and me sweat. Haha.
Hahah, I see I see, did they ask him clear sperm a few days before producing on actual day? I heard that also helps produce better quality sperm. Mine not prescribed supplements, as only morphology affected, sperm count and motility ok..we also.dont buy supplements for him, .but I will ask doc if he needs supplements in upcoming review.

Hahah, I see I see, did they ask him clear sperm a few days before producing on actual day? I heard that also helps produce better quality sperm. Mine not prescribed supplements, as only morphology affected, sperm count and motility ok..we also.dont buy supplements for him, .but I will ask doc if he needs supplements in upcoming review.
He did clear. Lol. I think ur HB still ok since he has normal count and motility. During selection can jus select those with right morphology one. Previously doctor at KKH nv recommend him any supplements since he has the issue?

He did clear. Lol. I think ur HB still ok since he has normal count and motility. During selection can jus select those with right morphology one. Previously doctor at KKH nv recommend him any supplements since he has the issue?
Nope, never recommend. When I asked about his sperm they say his motility ok, so I believe they feel motility more important.

Mine has poor morphology also eversince checks at kkh and then to private. Got supplements for him, not sure if it did get better but I guess there should be some subtle improvements? Don’t fret. You may just succeed in the next cycle! :) I had bad egg quality and husband poor sperm morph too in my first cycle and ended that cycle very badly.

Mine has poor morphology also eversince checks at kkh and then to private. Got supplements for him, not sure if it did get better but I guess there should be some subtle improvements? Don’t fret. You may just succeed in the next cycle! :) I had bad egg quality and husband poor sperm morph too in my first cycle and ended that cycle very badly.
Thanks for the encouragement! What supplements does he take?

Just curious how to know is bad egg quality?

I tried letrozole for a few months it’s fine for me.
clomid gives me bad side effects like the menses will goeven messier than itoriginal was. Also the cramp was so bad!
Ok so letrozole is ok no dry at v and no bad cramps or delayed menses yea? Isit ok to try that one month before ivf?

Can anyone help to walk me thru the process of medicated fet? Usually by which day of the cycle will be the transfer? And when do I need to go to clinic for the prep? Thanks
I’m with kkh

Can anyone help to walk me thru the process of medicated fet? Usually by which day of the cycle will be the transfer? And when do I need to go to clinic for the prep? Thanks
I’m with kkh

I’m on medicated FET. Last cycle cancelled cos lining not very good quality. Just borderline passed 8mm.

I’m with private so doc will scan on CD14 n blood test to check progesterone level and estrogen level. If all okay 5 days later you will transfer. Before transfer I think you will need to take progesterone pill (depends on your doc n hormone level) and also insert crinone gel.

I’m on medicated FET. Last cycle cancelled cos lining not very good quality. Just borderline passed 8mm.

I’m with private so doc will scan on CD14 n blood test to check progesterone level and estrogen level. If all okay 5 days later you will transfer. Before transfer I think you will need to take progesterone pill (depends on your doc n hormone level) and also insert crinone gel.
Thanks for when menses come day 1 call them then do I need to go down scan on day 2? Or just go down on day 14?

Hi BusyBeeEve, did they mention the specific thickness required? I thought 8mm is min requirement?

Thanks for when menses come day 1 call them then do I need to go down scan on day 2? Or just go down on day 14?
The dr or nurses didn't explain to you?? It's always best to ask the specific Dr or clinic.

If I rem correctly when menses come need to call them. They will tell u when to go down for scan and blood test.

Once u started medication u can ignore the day of the cycle already cos the meds will be in control. The day of the cycle doesn't matter anymore

Back