IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi all, can i check, for oocyte retrieval, what is the protocol regarding update of embryo progress?

Am planning for retrieval next week, but it may pass through pass thru weekend (non office hours?)

Can we get daily updates eg. D1, D2, D3, D4, D5?

Do we call the fertility centre or clinic?

Thanks!!

can anyone get the PGD / PGS? or must have family history of issues?
Which hospital are u with? NUH used to call daily for update (except PH and Sunday). Not sure if any changes now.

My pte dr embryologist doesn't check or call till day 5 to update how many can freeze as they believe daily checking will cause more harm than good.

Which hospital are u with? NUH used to call daily for update (except PH and Sunday). Not sure if any changes now.

My pte dr embryologist doesn't check or call till day 5 to update how many can freeze as they believe daily checking will cause more harm than good.
I see thanks for the reply!

I'm at Private Gynae...

If I only get update on day 5, doesn't that mean I totally lose the chance to make decisions on day 3 freezing?

I see thanks for the reply!

I'm at Private Gynae...

If I only get update on day 5, doesn't that mean I totally lose the chance to make decisions on day 3 freezing?
Which dr are u with?

SF loh usually freeze at day 2, others i believe usually freeze at day 5.

This would have been discussed at the start of your stimulation already? If u really want day 3 perhaps check with ur doctor?

Omg i remember this nick. Dreamscomestrue! I was in 2015 cycle and i succeeded to have finally positive after 2 failed fresh and quite nos of failed frozen cycle. My girl is now 5 yrs. i did my last 3rd fresh using the grant with nuh prof this year in feb but it failed after trf 2 frozen blastocysts. Quite dissapointed. I have 2 more frozen blastocysts and will do the frozen cycle again when chr is back and running again. Will do it probably in feb 2022.
Hoping for the best for you :)))

Btw can i ask for your Frozen blasts, how did u decide to wait to day 5, instead of freezing more at day 3?

Is it you had a lot at day 3, so took the option to wait till day5?

Hi,

can i check if anyone knows,
If i decide to proceed my first ivf cycle with private clinic.
in the event if it fails, 2nd cycle am i able to get governement co funding if i switch to government hospital?

Thank you.

Hi,

can i check if anyone knows,
If i decide to proceed my first ivf cycle with private clinic.
in the event if it fails, 2nd cycle am i able to get governement co funding if i switch to government hospital?

Thank you.

yes, u are still able to use govt cofunding shld u decide to change to govt hospital

I haven’t reach this stage but just thinking ahead.
if used up all 3x Govt subsidy it make sense to do FET at Pte clinic since about same price right
Oh. I'm not sure how much it cost at govt hosp. Pte should be about 4-6k depends which doc.

Is it because u feel the transfer technique will be better at pte?

If not otherwise the embryos are already form, quality of the embryos is fixed already, transfer at govt or pte would be more or less the same?

If transfer the embryos to another place also have risk that the embryos quality will be affected. That's just what I feel. But there are ladies who transfer the embryos out to pte. Also have some who transfer from pte to govt.

Let's hear what they say.

Oh. I'm not sure how much it cost at govt hosp. Pte should be about 4-6k depends which doc.

Is it because u feel the transfer technique will be better at pte?

If not otherwise the embryos are already form, quality of the embryos is fixed already, transfer at govt or pte would be more or less the same?

If transfer the embryos to another place also have risk that the embryos quality will be affected. That's just what I feel. But there are ladies who transfer the embryos out to pte. Also have some who transfer from pte to govt.

Let's hear what they say.
Thanks , nope I don’t have any tots of success rate or what not.. just thinking of options
Hoping to hear ladies who had this experience to know more

Hi, may I know what’s KKH’s protocol for patients that are pregnant please?
When will the first scan take place?
Also, when are we allowed to transfer out of KKH to a private gynae elsewhere? Thanks!

I’m in a dillimma whether I should do endo scratch for my third fet. Doc was saying she feel it does not increase the chances of implantation significantly as it’s mostly due to quality of embryo.

and some ladies also shared their painful endo scratch procedure which makes me taken back abit.

Also, when are we allowed to transfer out of KKH to a private gynae elsewhere? Thanks!
Hi my friend who got bfp after ivf got her first scan at week 6 and another few scans at week 8 thereafter I think she went out to private gynae already

My ivf doctor scheduled me for 6 weeks scan followed by every 2 weeks and we cleared all the NIPT with KKH. Did a transfer to TMC after, the transferring out to private gynae is up to us to decide. You can request for copies of all your medical reports prior to transfer.

btw, does anyone has any reviews on Dr Chua Ka Hee as your gynae?
Also, any recommendations for gynae for delivery in KKH please?
Didn't do delivery with him but did my ivf (succeeded on first try FET) and continue my maternity checks until about 20 weeks. He's very patient and friendly, we like him alot but decided to transfer to private for a more experienced gynae.

I’m in a dillimma whether I should do endo scratch for my third fet. Doc was saying she feel it does not increase the chances of implantation significantly as it’s mostly due to quality of embryo.

and some ladies also shared their painful endo scratch procedure which makes me taken back abit.
If previously didn't do endo scratch and didn't succeed, I will give it a go.

Pain wise yes a little like menses cramp but very fast over.

My dr also feel it doesn't increase chances, but it worked for me. Of cos I cannot say its purely due to endo scratch. But whichever combination worked I will continue with it.

Just go with your heart.. just no regrets with whichever you chose.

Hello, I just did my endo scratch 3 weeks back and yes, the scratch can be intense *at that moment* but after that, I can carry on with my daily routine. The scratch costs less than S$150. Even if it's a placebo, why not?

Hello, I just did my endo scratch 3 weeks back and yes, the scratch can be intense *at that moment* but after that, I can carry on with my daily routine. The scratch costs less than S$150. Even if it's a placebo, why not?
Hello! I was told by my fertility dr that after giving birth it won't be as painful!

Indeed I had zero pain when I did the endo scratch recently. I didn't even know they did it already.

Hello! I was told by my fertility dr that after giving birth it won't be as painful!

Indeed I had zero pain when I did the endo scratch recently. I didn't even know they did it already.
endo scratch is nothing compared to the cervical check. That one i really cannot. that one can tear ;(
When are you cycling?

Hello ladies,

Anyone had experience with Dr THH for IVF? Had my first IVF cycle this month at KKH and it failed. Due to my condition of unexplained infertility, thinking of consulting Dr Tan as read he is good in handling such cases. Any recommendations?

Hello ladies,

Anyone had experience with Dr THH for IVF? Had my first IVF cycle this month at KKH and it failed. Due to my condition of unexplained infertility, thinking of consulting Dr Tan as read he is good in handling such cases. Any recommendations?
My case is similar to yours. I can pregnant naturally but missed miscarriage at less week 8.
Would you mind sharing with me which dr are you seeing now? I am looking for dr who is very experience in handling RPL patient. Wish to find a dr that can bring us hope to have our rainbow baby.

Anyone transfer their remaining frozen blasto from public hospital to Pte clinic before? How does it work

ya. I transferred my blasts from KKH to virtus. They will charge logistic fees and the storage fees. I made the change because I had about 11 blasts but KKH had been using the same protocols with all my FET cycles with no success. Since I finished my subsidies, I wanted to seek a second opinion. I only request for the transfer once I made up my mind on which fertility doctor I wished to go with.

ya. I transferred my blasts from KKH to virtus. They will charge logistic fees and the storage fees. I made the change because I had about 11 blasts but KKH had been using the same protocols with all my FET cycles with no success. Since I finished my subsidies, I wanted to seek a second opinion. I only request for the transfer once I made up my mind on which fertility doctor I wished to go with.
do you mind sharing who is your doc at kkh, and who are you seeing at virtus? thanks

Wah that’s really great numbers!
May I ask about your AMH numbers? And what drugs did they put you on?

Thanks! I have about 5 left and I’m using my last subsidy so tot of changing. Can I know if the logistic cost is expensive and is it a simple procedure to request?

My case is similar to yours. I can pregnant naturally but missed miscarriage at less week 8.
Would you mind sharing with me which dr are you seeing now? I am looking for dr who is very experience in handling RPL patient. Wish to find a dr that can bring us hope to have our rainbow baby.
Nuh RPL see patients with 2 or more mc while kkh see if 3 pr more mc. So if ur case is 1x I guess they won't take u in yet. Not too sure about pte RPL clinic though

Can I ask how long u waited to see NUH RPL? Were u under nuh gynae to begin with?
I started off as a subsidized patient in NUH and then private when i pregnant.
After 1 biochemical and early miscarriage at less than week 8, the private recommends me to go RPL blood test. I did not continue with the private as I feel tt he is only experience in handling for those normal pregnancy and delivery.

As I am waiting for appt to go back to NUH while recovering myself from the D&C, I got another biochemical pregnant. I knew sth is not wrong and went to proceed with the RPL blood test.

Thanks for the info about Natural Cycle FETeveryone.

I went to see Dr R today after the natural m/c last Mon. He scanned and said that my uterus has cleared out. Phew, I am glad to hear that. I also asked Dr R about natural cycle FET, he opined that medicated FET has a higher success rate. He suggested that I try again to implant the remainder embryos, but must wait at least one cycle.

The TCM from EuYanSang said wait 2 cycles. Errr .... Think I will consult Feng Shui Master for an auspicious date. LOL.

The weird thing about early m/c, is that the body heals damn fast, now I am feeling completely normal physically. Body heals much faster than the emotions ....
Can share with me the contact of the Feng Shui Master?

Wah that’s really great numbers!
May I ask about your AMH numbers? And what drugs did they put you on?

Hi! Sorry I haven’t been logging in. I’m not sure about my Amh level, was looking through my test results but could not find AMH.
The treatment will be the usual. About 225 gonal F, 10 saizen.

Thanks! I have about 5 left and I’m using my last subsidy so tot of changing. Can I know if the logistic cost is expensive and is it a simple procedure to request?
Yup. It’s rather a simple process as Virtus and KKH will make their arrangement with each other. If I never recall wrongly, the logistic is about $600-900. I suggest you go to Virtus once you have finalized your fertility doctor.

Back