IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi greenleaf

I just did a natural cycle FET.

A couple of days before the embryo transfer and throughout the 2 week wait, I had to do crinone inserts once a day. Now that I got my BFP, I have to go for weekly progesterone injections, duphaston 3 times daily and crinone inserts once a day. I don't know how that compares to your medicated FET but it's definitely less progesterone support than I had to take for my fresh cycle 3 years back.

The downside to a natural cycle is finding the perfect time to do the transfer. They do a scan on the 10th day after your period and then daily scans plus blood tests as you approach ovulation. That was quite a tiring process and there is no guarantee you will transfer that month after all that effort. I had to do the process 3 times before we found the perfect cycle to transfer.

I hope that helps you in making your decision. All the best for your next FET!

Thanks Peaches and congratulations.

Wow, can share the issues that prevented the transfer for natural cycle? 3x is a lot to tahan.

Did u choose natural cycle or doctor recommended.

I read that natural cycle fet success rate is only a little bit better than medicated cycle fet. By 2%. Therefore many doctors & patients prefer medicated cycle as it's easier to manage. But I am interested in natural cycle get coz my progesterone level imo seems to have a problem.

Thanks Peaches and congratulations.

Wow, can share the issues that prevented the transfer for natural cycle? 3x is a lot to tahan.

Did u choose natural cycle or doctor recommended.

I read that natural cycle fet success rate is only a little bit better than medicated cycle fet. By 2%. Therefore many doctors & patients prefer medicated cycle as it's easier to manage. But I am interested in natural cycle get coz my progesterone level imo seems to have a problem.

I'm with Prof Wong (NUH) and he gave me a choice of medicated or natural. I chose natural simply because I felt like I've already taken so many different drugs for my fresh cycle and I was not keen on taking more drugs.

I did however consider switching to a medicated cycle after my first 2 cycles were a no go. Decided to give natural one more shot. The first time in failed the follicle just stopped growing and it looked like I wasn't going to ovulate that month. The second time the follicle grew really well but my hormone levels fell before ovulation. Prof called at an abnormal cycle and sure enough my period that month came a week earlier than normal.

Daily scans can be quite draining and some time off work in the morning is required to accommodate them. I guess that's the trade off. Honestly if this cycle failed chances are I would have gone for medicated FET.

I'm not sure of how a natural FET would be better than a medicated FET for your low progesterone levels though. Worth discussing with your doctor. Who are you seeing?

Hi ladies,
Has anyone experience brown discharge while on Progenova preparing for FET and could still sustain the lining for transfer?
I am currently on 2mg x 3 tabs. I bleed alittle on D14 and subsequently brown discharge for 3 days now. Afraid that it might affect my lining. My lining was only measured 6.5mm on D12.
Feeling down, with the additional bleed, got a feeling that i might need to skip this cycle.

Hi,
Its my first time joining forum after reading for so long.

I will be going for my first checkup at SGH CARE soon. Dr Yu Su Ling. Any tips? Feeling nervous.=/

Hi ladies,
Has anyone experience brown discharge while on Progenova preparing for FET and could still sustain the lining for transfer?
I am currently on 2mg x 3 tabs. I bleed alittle on D14 and subsequently brown discharge for 3 days now. Afraid that it might affect my lining. My lining was only measured 6.5mm on D12.
Feeling down, with the additional bleed, got a feeling that i might need to skip this cycle.
Dun be disheartened with that measurement lining.You nvr knw if u can bfp with that kind of lining as much as i did with only 5.8mm and did my Et.Trust ur dr have faith dun be stress stay positive! All the best. Baby dust to u and the rest!!

Dear Ladies

Anyone tried Natural Cycle - Frozen Embryo Transfer before? Any comments on it?

For medicated cycle FET, post FET and BFP I had to endure painful progesterone injections and countless visits to the doctor coz of my low progesterone levels. And it did not end well with the loss of the embryo at 7 weeks.

Even now two weeks after progesterone injection, my butt still hurts.

I am thinking ahead of what to do for the remainder frozen embryos and wondering whether Natural Cycle FET would be less inconvenient coz there would be a Corpus Luteum to produce progesterone naturally.

I did natural FET but I still had the progesterone injections. I was given one on FET day and subsequently every 3 days for 2 weeks. It was painful indeed but my Dr said she's giving me maximum support. I was on crinone from FET day to BT as well. After that I was on Duphaston and Progynova for the first trimestter.

I think natural FET can be stressful if your cycle varies monthly. I was quite stressed waiting for ovulation and was so relieved when I finally ovulated. However, the good thing is that the other medications are out of the system.

I did natural FET but I still had the progesterone injections. I was given one on FET day and subsequently every 3 days for 2 weeks. It was painful indeed but my Dr said she's giving me maximum support. I was on crinone from FET day to BT as well. After that I was on Duphaston and Progynova for the first trimestter.

I think natural FET can be stressful if your cycle varies monthly. I was quite stressed waiting for ovulation and was so relieved when I finally ovulated. However, the good thing is that the other medications are out of the system.
which hospital are you with? for my nature FEt, i was not given any progesterone injections.

Hi everyone,

Just saw Prof Wong for the first time my husband and I really like him! He's very friendly. So after my day 2 blood test suppose to book for HSG (prof say xray one). Can anyone explain what the purpose of HSG is and how much it is?

Hi everyone,

Just saw Prof Wong for the first time my husband and I really like him! He's very friendly. So after my day 2 blood test suppose to book for HSG (prof say xray one). Can anyone explain what the purpose of HSG is and how much it is?

HSG is to check if you have any blocked tubes. They will inject a dye and see via xray if there is any blockage. I find it painful though.

There's sono saline also which involves them injecting saline solution and they will see via ultrasound. This one I find it ok.

I can't remember the cost though.

Thanks for the info about Natural Cycle FETeveryone.

I went to see Dr R today after the natural m/c last Mon. He scanned and said that my uterus has cleared out. Phew, I am glad to hear that. I also asked Dr R about natural cycle FET, he opined that medicated FET has a higher success rate. He suggested that I try again to implant the remainder embryos, but must wait at least one cycle.

The TCM from EuYanSang said wait 2 cycles. Errr .... Think I will consult Feng Shui Master for an auspicious date. LOL.

The weird thing about early m/c, is that the body heals damn fast, now I am feeling completely normal physically. Body heals much faster than the emotions ....

Dun be disheartened with that measurement lining.You nvr knw if u can bfp with that kind of lining as much as i did with only 5.8mm and did my Et.Trust ur dr have faith dun be stress stay positive! All the best. Baby dust to u and the rest!!
Thanks Hajar for the encouragement. Just did a follow up scan today. lining had gone up to 8mm and will proceed with fet. However, i had been having on off brown discharges since friday. hopefully it will go away soon.

Thanks for the info about Natural Cycle FETeveryone.

I went to see Dr R today after the natural m/c last Mon. He scanned and said that my uterus has cleared out. Phew, I am glad to hear that. I also asked Dr R about natural cycle FET, he opined that medicated FET has a higher success rate. He suggested that I try again to implant the remainder embryos, but must wait at least one cycle.

The TCM from EuYanSang said wait 2 cycles. Errr .... Think I will consult Feng Shui Master for an auspicious date. LOL.

The weird thing about early m/c, is that the body heals damn fast, now I am feeling completely normal physically. Body heals much faster than the emotions ....

Why does medicated has higher chance than natural? I tok it would be otherwise... but anyway rest well and glad u had recovered ...

Hi ladies .. any one experience tiredness when started gonal F injection? I feel more tired that before.. don knoe if is normal?
Yup, I do get very tired from gonal-f injections. When I first had gonal-f for my iui, I can take 3 hr nap in the evening and continue to have a full slp at 12am till the next day kind.

I did my scanning today and my lining is about 11.3mm. Lining is thick enough however he said I don't have the triple stripe. He wanted to cancel my cycle and try endo scratch but I'm not comfortable to transfer next month (due to some reasons). Is the triple stripe very important even when my lining is thick enough?

In the end he say we try first but only one embyro. Don't want to waste it.

I did my scanning today and my lining is about 11.3mm. Lining is thick enough however he said I don't have the triple stripe. He wanted to cancel my cycle and try endo scratch but I'm not comfortable to transfer next month (due to some reasons). Is the triple stripe very important even when my lining is thick enough?

In the end he say we try first but only one embyro. Don't want to waste it.

I did googled up before about triple lining and it has high success rate of implantation. However there are many mommies here who doesn't have triple lining manage to conceive so don't worry so much.

For me I always get triple lining for my cycles. Not sure why but still no luck.

if u want to do hysteroscopy,endoscratch can be done same time.bcoz when they put camera to check your womb which is hysteroscopy they can just scrap your womb lining together.and its under GA.
If you just want endoscratch you are awake and they just use thin catheter to scrap your lining sort of to release some hormone for better implantation.
Usualy government dr propose scope if they think a need to check ur inside,make sure its all well before any ivf.for scratch they seldom mention at all.bcoz its not proven tho.some may bpf or bfn on it.
All this procedures basically a thing to reassure us to do the maximal for our miracle to happen.
All the best to you and us all..
Hi @hajar i was suggest by doc to to hysteroscopy and endo scratch at the same time. have you did hysteroscopy before? is it pain? I will not be under GA

Why does medicated has higher chance than natural? I tok it would be otherwise... but anyway rest well and glad u had recovered ...

Thx skippyloo.

Dunno why he thinks so. From my internet reading it seems that natural cycle FET is better (but only slightly, 2%) than medicated. Guess each IVF doc has their own preferences and experiences.

Thx skippyloo.

Dunno why he thinks so. From my internet reading it seems that natural cycle FET is better (but only slightly, 2%) than medicated. Guess each IVF doc has their own preferences and experiences.

Hi @hajar i was suggest by doc to to hysteroscopy and endo scratch at the same time. have you did hysteroscopy before? is it pain? I will not be under GA
Hey there! My hysteroscopy was under GA.Just feeling normal menstrual cramp once woken up. I did twice of hysteroscopy before i did my Fet and fresh cycle as sugested by dr due to my asherman syndrome issues.My endo scratch was my own opinion of wanting to do as per forum ladies sugestion to somewhat improve implantation.And i was awake.That was painful to me.Diferent from pap smear as what i thought.But some ladies did endoscratch with no pain.Guess diferent pple diferent level pain tolerance.hope this help to answer your qn.

Thx skippyloo.

i have ask roland y he preferred medicated fet. this is so that he can catch the timing correctly and do not have to call u in at any moment u ovulate or somethg like that

I am given dydrogesterone, progynova, cirnone gel and Azithromycin (antibiotics).

May I know where do u all do the crinone gel insert? And what is your timing that you insert? Understand that it needs to be 12 hours apart. Did u apply before or after shower?

For dygesterone, I was told to have 2 tabs daily, is there any time interval for that as the nurse forget to tell me :(

For dydrogesterone , progynova and crinone gel, do u use it on the ET day (before ET or after ET)?

Do u still continue to eat red bean soup after u achieved your optimal lining?

Lastly, for the Azithromycin (antibiotics) do u take on ET day before or after ET?

Last edited:
I am given dydrogesterone, progynova, cirnone gel and Azithromycin (antibiotics).

May I know where do u all do the crinone gel insert? And what is your timing that you insert? Understand that it needs to be 12 hours apart.

For dygesterone, I was told to have 2 tabs daily, is there any time interval for that as the nurse forget to tell me :(

For dydrogesterone , progynova and crinone gel, do u use it on the ET day (before ET or after ET)?

Do u still continue to eat red bean soup after u achieved your optimal lining?

Lastly, for the Azithromycin (antibiotics) do u take on ET day before or after ET?

Think you call your clinic and ask. Different dr may ask you to start on different days.
For mine, crinone was done for me after my FET and then I continue till BT. I just do it every morning.

For duphaston and progynova, I started after BFP but I can't recall how many times a day.

Anyone did endo scratch here? What can we expect after the endo scratch? Will your period be heavier or lighter? Did it change the condition of your lining in the next cycle? How much rest do we need?

Anyone did endo scratch here? What can we expect after the endo scratch? Will your period be heavier or lighter? Did it change the condition of your lining in the next cycle? How much rest do we need?
I did endo scratch before.not under GA.similar to pap smear but was sort of painful for me that is.post scratch minimal brownish stain.Last 1-2 days.Menstrual cramp.I just took 1 day Mc from work.Resume all activities as per normal.Forum ladies said it helps in better implantation.But i guess not for my case of asherman.

Think you call your clinic and ask. Different dr may ask you to start on different days.
For mine, crinone was done for me after my FET and then I continue till BT. I just do it every morning.

For duphaston and progynova, I started after BFP but I can't recall how many times a day.

Okies babe. Thanks!

I did endo scratch before.not under GA.similar to pap smear but was sort of painful for me that is.post scratch minimal brownish stain.Last 1-2 days.Menstrual cramp.I just took 1 day Mc from work.Resume all activities as per normal.Forum ladies said it helps in better implantation.But i guess not for my case of asherman.

Thank you! Did ur period come at the usual time? Was it heavier or lighter?

Mine has always been regular.even after scratch still remains regular.light menses for me due to asherman problem which has always been light and lesser for years.
Dr nvr put me under GA. Hope is not painful

Thank you for your reply! I will be under sedation for my case and because I have been taking prognova, he say he will give me another medication for my period to come in 10 days and he said might be lighter for me because they will be removing abit of the lining tomorrow.

Thank you for your reply! I will be under sedation for my case and because I have been taking prognova, he say he will give me another medication for my period to come in 10 days and he said might be lighter for me because they will be removing abit of the lining tomorrow.
All the.best...may it help with ur implantation...

HSG is to check if you have any blocked tubes. They will inject a dye and see via xray if there is any blockage. I find it painful though.

There's sono saline also which involves them injecting saline solution and they will see via ultrasound. This one I find it ok.

I can't remember the cost though.
Yeah I read a few comments that it is painful. Is it necessary to go through HSG to do IVF? I'm so scared to do it. I have half a mind to cancel... but don't know how leh. Prof say do this x-ray then the week after come back see him to do review and IVF briefing (he say to put aside 2-3 hours). Also worried about the price of HSG... is it ex?
We went to Dr Roland but he kept ordering unnecessary tests... then find out he ordered the blood test at the wrong timing one :-( money wasted just like that lor

Yeah I read a few comments that it is painful. Is it necessary to go through HSG to do IVF? I'm so scared to do it. I have half a mind to cancel... but don't know how leh. Prof say do this x-ray then the week after come back see him to do review and IVF briefing (he say to put aside 2-3 hours). Also worried about the price of HSG... is it ex?
We went to Dr Roland but he kept ordering unnecessary tests... then find out he ordered the blood test at the wrong timing one :-( money wasted just like that lor
hi, wat test did dr roland ordered? how u know its wrong timing?

hi, wat test did dr roland ordered? how u know its wrong timing?
It was the blood test for me (to test FSH, LH etc). This test is supposed to be done on the second day of cycle. But Dr Roland made me do it on day 16 (he even check with me what day I'm on!). Then I read a bit on this forum and found out that this test has to be done on either day 2/3. But I thought hmm... maybe won't matter too much. End up I went to Prof Wong at NUH he said the results cannot tell him what he needs to know because it has to be done on day 2/3 :-(
My husband is quite angry with Dr Roland lor cos it cost $450 (before GST). Then dr Roland told me to come back see him on Day 2... imagine if we have to do the same blood test again! Another $450 burn
Also Dr Roland kept pushing my husband to do this expensive test (about $1k) to see if we can find out what the source of his problem is but then said only less than 5% chance we can find out what it is. We kept telling him we know we cannot conceive naturally it's ok (my husband found out when he was 21 his soldiers got problem)

Oops sorry My reply is too long

Hi, you are referring to the gonal F? Yes I did experience thick mucus discharge.
Yes Jill stuart; i'm referring to gonal F..

Hi ladies;
I;m quite confused...during 1st day of starting injection..the nurse teach us to do injection in this way...gonal F & blocker inject on same side & the next day inject on the other side ( alternate)

But today day 6; went to scan this morning; the nurse told me. We shld inject gonal F on one side ; then the blocker on the other side...

So which is the correct way?? Pls advise ladies how u all do the injection? Thanks in advance

It was the blood test for me (to test FSH, LH etc). This test is supposed to be done on the second day of cycle. But Dr Roland made me do it on day 16 (he even check with me what day I'm on!). Then I read a bit on this forum and found out that this test has to be done on either day 2/3. But I thought hmm... maybe won't matter too much. End up I went to Prof Wong at NUH he said the results cannot tell him what he needs to know because it has to be done on day 2/3 :-(
My husband is quite angry with Dr Roland lor cos it cost $450 (before GST). Then dr Roland told me to come back see him on Day 2... imagine if we have to do the same blood test again! Another $450 burn
Also Dr Roland kept pushing my husband to do this expensive test (about $1k) to see if we can find out what the source of his problem is but then said only less than 5% chance we can find out what it is. We kept telling him we know we cannot conceive naturally it's ok (my husband found out when he was 21 his soldiers got problem)

Oops sorry My reply is too long
oh i see...hugs...is the expensive male test some blood and complex sa test. sometimes i feel also e blood test though tell somethg but it also end up e fate of need to do articificial means to conceive. i also not sure y doc need to do all these tests..

Yes Jill stuart; i'm referring to gonal F..

Hi ladies;
I;m quite confused...during 1st day of starting injection..the nurse teach us to do injection in this way...gonal F & blocker inject on same side & the next day inject on the other side ( alternate)

But today day 6; went to scan this morning; the nurse told me. We shld inject gonal F on one side ; then the blocker on the other side...

So which is the correct way?? Pls advise ladies how u all do the injection? Thanks in advance

I got this too. Different nurse teach different method and I asked them why. Doesn't matter which side. It's more to relief your pain and reduce swelling from multiple jabs. Just ensure u alternate the sides for gonal f so that it's not only at one ovary.

I got this too. Different nurse teach different method and I asked them why. Doesn't matter which side. It's more to relief your pain and reduce swelling from multiple jabs. Just ensure u alternate the sides for gonal f so that it's not only at one ovary.
Yes i did alternating the gonal F.. today scan i got 8 follicle
5 on right, 3 on left

The biggest is only 11 mm smallest one ard 5mm, lining is 7mm

Not sure is consider good anot.. doc add more dosage for me... mon monitor scan again..

Nurse told me follicle size to reach abt 19mm then go egg retrival. If all follicle size is different; do they retreive all ? Then wat happen to the smaller ones???

Yes i did alternating the gonal F.. today scan i got 8 follicle
5 on right, 3 on left

The biggest is only 11 mm smallest one ard 5mm, lining is 7mm

Not sure is consider good anot.. doc add more dosage for me... mon monitor scan again..

Nurse told me follicle size to reach abt 19mm then go egg retrival. If all follicle size is different; do they retreive all ? Then wat happen to the smaller ones???

they will retrieve all the follicles, but if they are not mature enough, it will not fertilise with the sperm as they
are not capable of fertilizing.

follicles also have to make sure they contain eggs. some follicles retreive are empty inside.

Last edited:
Hi ladies, I'm new here and glad to find this thread. I just started my 3rd fresh cycle in KK under dr Tan HH. Does anyone know if later BFP still follow dr Tan for pregnancy check, how is the fetal scan everytime? Is it done by dr Tan in his room or need go to level 1 antenatal monitoring clinic for scanning? I had bad experience of ultrasound scanning there last time....

Hi ladies, I'm new here and glad to find this thread. I just started my 3rd fresh cycle in KK under dr Tan HH. Does anyone know if later BFP still follow dr Tan for pregnancy check, how is the fetal scan everytime? Is it done by dr Tan in his room or need go to level 1 antenatal monitoring clinic for scanning? I had bad experience of ultrasound scanning there last time....
Im under dr.tan..once bfp,followed him truout.scan sometimes he personaly request to do during his tcu clinic session.otherwise proceed to antenatal monitoring clinic...

they will retrieve all the follicles, but if they are not mature enough, it will not fertilise with the sperm as they
are not capable of fertilizing.

follicles also have to make sure they contain eggs. some follicles retreive are empty inside.
Icic; thanks lady081980; hope monday scan will turn out everything good... :)

oh i see...hugs...is the expensive male test some blood and complex sa test. sometimes i feel also e blood test though tell somethg but it also end up e fate of need to do articificial means to conceive. i also not sure y doc need to do all these tests..
Sigh... don't know if this HSG is necessary test to go ahead with ivf or not. From what I heard it's very painful, so scary :-(

Back