IVF/ICSI Support Group

No I didn’t as I didn’t know it was an option (my first time IVF). The nurse say the philosophy is doc believes the womb is the best environment so they tend to do earlier. Even the embryologist said they feel many embryos don’t survive till blast so they’d rather take the chance it’ll work inside the body instead.
I can understand the philosophy. Nothing wrong about day 2 transfers or day 5 ones just different philosophies.
But now that I’m thinking about options post failure, I kinda wished I knew what to ask about or ask for at that time.

I’m curious.
What are the chances of getting pregnant even if one implants 2 decent blastocysts at a time?
How many day 2 embryos did u transfer?

I'm not sure of the % of success for 2 vs 1 blast. According to my dr, its about the same.

How many day 2 embryos did u transfer?

I'm not sure of the % of success for 2 vs 1 blast. According to my dr, its about the same.
Really?
I transferred 2 day 2 embryos. Was told by embryologist that about 50% of embryos blast so mathematically it makes more sense to put 2.
In their IVF counseling it was said that going for blastocyst is more suitable for older women or women who have several failed IVF or those interested in single embryo transfer.

I am with Dr SF Loh at Thomson

I’m now wondering if I can thaw my currently frozen Day 2 embryos and blast them all to see which will survive and refreeze them? Hmm
I see, how many eggs did you retrieve and how many are left in e freezer now? All e best!

I see, how many eggs did you retrieve and how many are left in e freezer now? All e best!
Thanks for your well wishes! :)
I retrieved 17 but in the end had 8 freezable Grade 2 day2 embryos. So transferred 2 and froze 6.
just had a BFN last week so am pondering options going forward.

I retrieved 17 but in the end had 8 freezable Grade 2 day2 embryos. So transferred 2 and froze 6.
Wow u still have 17 at age 43, thats very good. E fallouts numbers of half are normal. What did dr sf loh n dr yu say when they 1st met you n hubby? should be not much obstacles ya except for age i guess. All e doctor u mentioned are very experienced doctor, do ask for their advises.

Did dr loh use pergovis as stimulation jab for you, n ovidrel as trigger jab, your yiels numbers are good

Did dr loh use pergovis as stimulation jab for you, n ovidrel as trigger jab, your yiels numbers are good
+ "Wow u still have 17 at age 43, thats very good. E fallouts numbers of half are normal. What did dr sf loh n dr yu say when they 1st met you n hubby? should be not much obstacles ya except for age i guess. All e doctor u mentioned are very experienced doctor, do ask for their advises. "

==
i was on gonal F & pergoveris for 11 days. certotide as blocker and ovidrel as trigger.
i was told the clinic's average retreival number is 20plus eggs. i remember i told the nurse oh ok i don't want to be greedy i just want to be average. :)

yea i think it's mainly our ages. they both agree time isn't exactly on our side, so better do it quick.
i did like Dr Yu also but the IVF queue for SGH is further away so we went for Dr Loh.
i'm fully aware that even tho my AMH numbers are decent, the quality is an unknown. i'll only know if and when the right embryos grow and develop properly.

Really?
I transferred 2 day 2 embryos. Was told by embryologist that about 50% of embryos blast so mathematically it makes more sense to put 2.
In their IVF counseling it was said that going for blastocyst is more suitable for older women or women who have several failed IVF or those interested in single embryo transfer.
I've a fair share of 2 blasts and 1 blast transfer and results about the same.

I eventually opt for transfer 1 cos I dont think my body can handle twins.

But at the end of the day its still your own call. U can decide 1 or 2 blasts to transfer

I've a fair share of 2 blasts and 1 blast transfer and results about the same.

I eventually opt for transfer 1 cos I dont think my body can handle twins.

But at the end of the day its still your own call. U can decide 1 or 2 blasts to transfer
do you think it's ok for me to ask how was your success like? i'm sorry i'm kinda new to the forums and i'm not familiar with the ladies' baby journeys :)

do you think it's ok for me to ask how was your success like? i'm sorry i'm kinda new to the forums and i'm not familiar with the ladies' baby journeys :)
Failed 2 fresh transfer at nuh, succeeded on my 1st FET under NUH with twins, but ended in miscarriage. Next FET failed. Then moved to pte clinic.

My 1st kid is from my 2nd FET at the pte clinic.

I guess since I know I can get preg, I just transfer 1 since then.

Failed 2 fresh transfer at nuh, succeeded on my 1st FET under NUH with twins, but ended in miscarriage. Next FET failed. Then moved to pte clinic.

Thank you for sharing your journey with me :)
I’ve had one failed IUI with NUH then moved to private and just failed my first fresh transfer.

i literally just got the call at 12 pm
Negative :(
My hcg only at 0.2. I’m rather stunned tbh that it’s that low.
Anyone has any idea?
He might tell you that there might be some early implantation but stopped developing soon after. I had a hcg of 2 during one of my BT, that was his explanation. Chemical pregnancy.

He might tell you that there might be some early implantation but stopped developing soon after. I had a hcg of 2 during one of my BT, that was his explanation. Chemical pregnancy.
in the review appt, he said mine is most likely chromosomal abnormalities (very common reason apparently) and probably never got to the implantation stage

Anyone know if 1st IVF fail, how long can start for the 2nd cycle of IVF?
my clinic nurse at TFC said 2 menses cycles. eg: if this cycle fail, your period will come - this is considered 1 menses. At the start of the following menses, you should be able to start a new ivf cycle.
some other clinics will say 3 menses cycles.
but of cos it all ultimately depends on your individual health condition or any outstanding issues your doc may want to first rectify.

I went nuh for dr appt and saw notice say IVF is postponed till oct/ nov. But I'm not sure about FET though. U can call and ask
Hi dreamscometrue, thank you for the reply. My embryos are currently in mountE. I need to transfer them to NUH first. I guess I have to wait till they open again.

Hi dreamscometrue, thank you for the reply. My embryos are currently in mountE. I need to transfer them to NUH first. I guess I have to wait till they open again.
Oh how come wanna transfer back to nuh? I vaguely rem u transfer from nuh out to pte? And u BFP already right?

Oh how come wanna transfer back to nuh? I vaguely rem u transfer from nuh out to pte? And u BFP already right?
Because I want to do PGS testing on the embryos. If I do at mountE, it is expensive and they have to send to either NUH or SGH for testing anw. And yup! My baby is alr 3 months old haha

Because I want to do PGS testing on the embryos. If I do at mountE, it is expensive and they have to send to either NUH or SGH for testing anw. And yup! My baby is alr 3 months old haha

if u wanna do PGS testing … u need to do fresh cycle… so there is no need to transfer ur embryos back to nuh if u doing fresh cycle with PGS. Frozen embryos cannot do PGS

mean can defrost … do Pgs then freeze again? Wouldn’t the embryos degraded ?

I do Pgd … but is fresh cycle… after that freeze
Of course there is risk but I still have like 9 embryos and I don’t really want to go through the fresh cycle. Last time I got pretty bad OHSS

Oh just curious why u wanna do PGS since u succeeded? Is it to sieve out defective embryos?

Oh just curious why u wanna do PGS since u succeeded? Is it to sieve out defective embryos?
Hmm ya sort of.. me and my husband did the genes testing and we found out that we both carries certain bad genes and the baby having it is 25% so my first pregnancy I did CVS at 11wks and thank god baby didn’t have it.
So before we do the next FET, we want to do PGD testing to find out first

I see. It takes about 6months right ? How much did you pay?

3 months like that
7k for the kit
2.6 for embryo biopsy
1k for Pgd charges
Total 10k plus just for Pgd
Pay before they will release the result to u

all by cash
Cannot deduct Cpf
Dun hv Govt subsidies

Omg i remember this nick. Dreamscomestrue! I was in 2015 cycle and i succeeded to have finally positive after 2 failed fresh and quite nos of failed frozen cycle. My girl is now 5 yrs. i did my last 3rd fresh using the grant with nuh prof this year in feb but it failed after trf 2 frozen blastocysts. Quite dissapointed. I have 2 more frozen blastocysts and will do the frozen cycle again when chr is back and running again. Will do it probably in feb 2022.

Omg i remember this nick. Dreamscomestrue! I was in 2015 cycle and i succeeded to have finally positive after 2 failed fresh and quite nos of failed frozen cycle. My girl is now 5 yrs. i did my last 3rd fresh using the grant with nuh prof this year in feb but it failed after trf 2 frozen blastocysts. Quite dissapointed. I have 2 more frozen blastocysts and will do the frozen cycle again when chr is back and running again. Will do it probably in feb 2022.
Hello! Wow didn't know they will be closed for so long. IVF is time sensitive, why they need to close for so long..

Other clinics already up and running

Hello everyone! New to the IVF group here.
I just did my egg retrieval yesterday.
Had an awful time peeing but this morning when i woke up to pee there is a very, very bad cramping pain near my abdomen...was wondering if anyone had this after their egg retrieval? :(

Hello everyone! New to the IVF group here.
I just did my egg retrieval yesterday.
Had an awful time peeing but this morning when i woke up to pee there is a very, very bad cramping pain near my abdomen...was wondering if anyone had this after their egg retrieval? :(
Never encountered but should get better with time. Drink more water and pee regularly, dont hold ur pee.

Yea I used Crinone I do have clots from them also but the white meat is not from crinone it’s legit a piece of “meat” white/ grey in colour.

Hi, after using crinone does it cause itchiness?
Feel very uncomfortable . Tried to wash and keep it as clean but still feel itchy…….

Hi, after using crinone does it cause itchiness?
Feel very uncomfortable . Tried to wash and keep it as clean but still feel itchy…….
Yes if there's lots of discharge.

I will usually use a feminine wash recommended by my fertility dr which is very good. If u using a pantyliner, make sure u change often

Back