IVF/ICSI Support Group

The bleeding has started at week 5.

Given that the HCG levels had already informed me of the failing pregnancy, I thought I would be less affected by the situation. But when the bleeding started today, I feel really low. A kind of numbness, sadness for the little life that tried so hard, but didn't get a chance to come to this world.

People say that just because you're not far along, you shouldn't feel it so much. But that is not really the case for us who conceived through IVF. Every pregnancy is a hard fought, desperately sought for miracle. There's just something so cruel about this. That we fought so hard, got pregnant and within such a short time, the happiness stolen from us.

It's so hard to bear.

Given that the HCG levels had already informed me of the failing pregnancy, I thought I would be less affected by the situation. But when the bleeding started today, I feel really low. A kind of numbness, sadness for the little life that tried so hard, but didn't get a chance to come to this world.

People say that just because you're not far along, you shouldn't feel it so much. But that is not really the case for us who conceived through IVF. Every pregnancy is a hard fought, desperately sought for miracle. There's just something so cruel about this. That we fought so hard, got pregnant and within such a short time, the happiness stolen from us.

It's so hard to bear.

Hugs. My thoughts are with you.

Hi all, need some advice and info. my recent thyroid test fall within range . Tsh = 0.46mIU/l and T4= 13.3pmol/l . Is my tsh considered low? Should I follow up with further immunology tests? I did 1 ivf cycle and failed. Second one upcoming next month. Thanks.

Hi all, need some advice and info. my recent thyroid test fall within range . Tsh = 0.46mIU/l and T4= 13.3pmol/l . Is my tsh considered low? Should I follow up with further immunology tests? I did 1 ivf cycle and failed. Second one upcoming next month. Thanks.
Maybe you can consult endocrinologist to have peace of mind? As I know thyroid hormone does affect pregnancy. My recent test shows that my T3 fall below the normal range. My next follow up is this Sat.

Are you currently seeing an endocrinologist? I was diagnosed with Graves disease and had monitored my levels prior to each cycle to make sure nothing funky is happening.

I read about PICSI before. It’s supposedly better than ICSI for selecting good quality sperm. It’s interesting Dr Sadhana is suggesting this for her patients now. Perhaps it’s a new offering in KKH? I failed 2 cycles at KKH last year with Dr Jessie Phoon and my husband has low sperm count. Yet I wasn’t told about PICSI as an option then.
I think it depends on individual I guess not everyone will be sent for pcisc cos it got additional cost etc. Most likely pisci is for sperm with morphology or like suggested genetic issues?

It's so hard to bear.
Hugs babe I know that feeling , that time I got MC also same thing , feel low, sad etc but I keep telling myself it’s gods way of eliminating and hoping to give us a good healthy baby, last we want the baby to be not so good later on. Take the time to rest and jiayou!

Are you currently seeing an endocrinologist? I was diagnosed with Graves disease and had monitored my levels prior to each cycle to make sure nothing funky is happening.
I am currently not seeing one. Ivf doc also didnt push for it. But yea I am concerned about recurrent implantation failures and wonder if I should see now or wait and see second cycle result.

Maybe you can consult endocrinologist to have peace of mind? As I know thyroid hormone does affect pregnancy. My recent test shows that my T3 fall below the normal range. My next follow up is this Sat.
I see, thank u, do u go via polyclinic route or see pte clinic? Heard dr sheila vasoo does several such immunology tests.

Nope didn’t ask about that actually but I suppose once we go in for first scan the doc on call will explain more in detail. I’m tempted to now start in aug also! Might call and check with them again if doc is ok with aug or wants me to stick to sep. fingers crossed for us both dear
Hey babe doc told me was in aug but the nurse called me and say aug is full and next available is in sept so I asked how come like this then they checked with doc and doc say since she told me aug during the consult then they managed to squeeze me in aug. Fingers crossed man. How about you? U decided aug or sept?

I see, thank u, do u go via polyclinic route or see pte clinic? Heard dr sheila vasoo does several such immunology tests.
I’m with private clinic. I was diagnosed with Graves 2 yrs ago. Was told not to get pregnant due to high dose of meds which may lead to miscarriage. But now I’m seeing endocrinologist to monitor in case the readings goes haywire again. He has been reminding me I MUST inform him once I get pregnant.

I have been following this lady based in The Netherlands. She shared her ivf journey and multiple failures of implantation. The doc was not able to diagnose why…in the end she found another doc who diagnosed her with thyroid hormone imbalance. She got it treated and straight away blessed with a baby boy. You can watch her videohttps://youtu.be/PYGk-dgkySs

I’m with private clinic. I was diagnosed with Graves 2 yrs ago. Was told not to get pregnant due to high dose of meds which may lead to miscarriage. But now I’m seeing endocrinologist to monitor in case the readings goes haywire again. He has been reminding me I MUST inform him once I get pregnant.

I have been following this lady based in The Netherlands. She shared her ivf journey and multiple failures of implantation. The doc was not able to diagnose why…in the end she found another doc who diagnosed her with thyroid hormone imbalance. She got it treated and straight away blessed with a baby boy. You can watch her videohttps://youtu.be/PYGk-dgkySs
I see, my ivf doc ask me do thyroid test due to anovulation. But my first failed is early blastocyst non gradeable. Also hard to tell if its embryo quality or implantation issue. Also a bit of inertia to go through more blood tests. This is my 2nd thyroid test already. First indicates subclinical hyperthyroidism now within range but borderline pass only.

It's so hard to bear.
Take care

I see, my ivf doc ask me do thyroid test due to anovulation. But my first failed is early blastocyst non gradeable. Also hard to tell if its embryo quality or implantation issue. Also a bit of inertia to go through more blood tests. This is my 2nd thyroid test already. First indicates subclinical hyperthyroidism now within range but borderline pass only.
If you are really keen to find out more, have it check before next FET. Else once you conceive have a routine blood test to ensure the number are in the range.

Hey babe doc told me was in aug but the nurse called me and say aug is full and next available is in sept so I asked how come like this then they checked with doc and doc say since she told me aug during the consult then they managed to squeeze me in aug. Fingers crossed man. How about you? U decided aug or sept?
Hey, I think I’ll do Aug cos anyway my cycle is estimated to arrive around end Aug. Roughly which date will you start?

Hello Everyone

Looking for advise. I did Hyfosy test at KKH on 7th May, period came on 26th May. Everything is normal.
My period is always regular at ~28-30 days. Now I am D35 and period is nowhere in sight. Tested this morning and BPN.
Anything to do with Hyfosy test? A BFN at D35 = pretty confirmed i am not pregnant right?

*confused + excited*

Hello Everyone

Looking for advise. I did Hyfosy test at KKH on 7th May, period came on 26th May. Everything is normal.
My period is always regular at ~28-30 days. Now I am D35 and period is nowhere in sight. Tested this morning and BPN.
Anything to do with Hyfosy test? A BFN at D35 = pretty confirmed i am not pregnant right?

*confused + excited*
Not sure if hyfosy can delay menses but u can always test again a few days later

It's so hard to bear.
hello monkies, i understand how you feel. ivf is never easy - the odds are always against us. every stage is a hard-fought, you are right. brace up, take some time off and come and battle again.

It's so hard to bear.
I’m so sorry to hear about this. And I know everything you’re feeling now. The unjust. The cruelty. Please take care and don’t give up ! Big hugs !!!! We will get there ❤️

Just met with Dr Sadhana and she recommended a higher dosage to yield mor eggs the next round and then do a frozen cycle. Said there’s no difference between the success rate of a fresh or frozen cycle. I always thought fresh has higher chance !

Just met with Dr Sadhana and she recommended a higher dosage to yield mor eggs the next round and then do a frozen cycle. Said there’s no difference between the success rate of a fresh or frozen cycle. I always thought fresh has higher chance !
Same here leh she ask me to do fresh+ frozen. The reason why it has to be frozen cos the lining not good with another kind of trigger.

I thought frozen has higher success rate! But I think the doctors think fresh or frozen the same

Yeah ! She mentioned that the trigger will affect the lining too. But she did say if really no OHSS or lining is ok, maaaaaybe can try.

so according to her, she said if the eggs can survive the freezing + thawing, it could mean the eggs are more resilient =chances of the egg surviving is higher.

Yeah ! She mentioned that the trigger will affect the lining too. But she did say if really no OHSS or lining is ok, maaaaaybe can try.

so according to her, she said if the eggs can survive the freezing + thawing, it could mean the eggs are more resilient =chances of the egg surviving is higher.
Oh she didn’t tell me this though. Haha good to know! Hmm I think it’s can’t choose one like when u do the non hcg trigger shot your lining will be not so good, hence confirm freeze. Hahaa there’s basically no choice once u do non hcg trigger.

would you guys quit your job if it’s a stressful one? I don’t know if it will help but I’m considering. Has anyone done that and succeeded? Of course I know it’s not fool proof.

would you guys quit your job if it’s a stressful one? I don’t know if it will help but I’m considering. Has anyone done that and succeeded? Of course I know it’s not fool proof.
I think it depends.. my job is rather stressful with long hours but it kinda kept me occupied as I'm someone who thinks alot if I have too much free time so the workload actually helps.

I think it depends.. my job is rather stressful with long hours but it kinda kept me occupied as I'm someone who thinks alot if I have too much free time so the workload actually helps.
i get the need to be occupied … but I just don’t know if the stress is indirectly causing my body to not behave. I’ve heard so many stories about people quitting their job / changing to a less stressful job and finally getting pregnant. Not sure if it will work for me too.

I agree with iibears that it depends. For me, I took no pay leave for a year to concentrate on ttc. Although I was not successful in getting pregnant during the year-long break, I had a good and much needed rest. After returning to work, I continued with ivf and got pregnant.

Me! I took no pay leave for a year and focus on tcm, healthy diet and exercise before my 2nd round of iv cycle. Was really burnt out at my previous job. Now 8 mths pregnant w twins :) I think the main focus is to tiao your body and if can get pregnant successfully is a bonus.

Hi ladies,
Today is my 14dp2dt (fresh transfer). Am currently on progesterone and estrogen luteal support for the tww. Initially hormonal symptoms were there (fatigue, bloating, peeing, constipation, sore boobs etc), then in the 2nd week it calmed down a bit (i thought ok maybe no chance liao), then last few days some came back some calmed further. So far i have had no spotting (don't know if it's a good thing or not).

My BT is tomorrow, but i'm wondering if i should just do a HPT so i can anxiously wait at home for 10min & find out vs wait anxiously by the phone for a couple of hours after the BT, just to know the result.

Hi ladies,
Today is my 14dp2dt (fresh transfer). Am currently on progesterone and estrogen luteal support for the tww. Initially hormonal symptoms were there (fatigue, bloating, peeing, constipation, sore boobs etc), then in the 2nd week it calmed down a bit (i thought ok maybe no chance liao), then last few days some came back some calmed further. So far i have had no spotting (don't know if it's a good thing or not).

My BT is tomorrow, but i'm wondering if i should just do a HPT so i can anxiously wait at home for 10min & find out vs wait anxiously by the phone for a couple of hours after the BT, just to know the result.
Same dilemma I have last month. I eventually did hpt on 13dp5dt, for the sake that next day after bt I can know if I need to hover around at kkh after bt or go straight home

I would say go with your gut feel….

Reactions: JnA
Hi ladies,

A hpt would be fairly accurate now. If you dun stay near the hospital, it helps you to make plans for tmrw. If you have a positive BT, you need to collect medication. All the best. :)

Reactions: JnA
Hi ladies,

Hows the blood test?

I am with Dr SF Loh at Thomson

I’m now wondering if I can thaw my currently frozen Day 2 embryos and blast them all to see which will survive and refreeze them? Hmm
I think if u going to do FET, then they can thaw and can grow to blast before transfer.

If u thaw and freeze and thaw again I'm afraid will affect the quality.

But no harm calling them to ask.

I think if u going to do FET, then they can thaw and can grow to blast before transfer.

If u thaw and freeze and thaw again I'm afraid will affect the quality.

But no harm calling them to ask.
Yea I was thinking about too.. had that thought because I was trying to save time. I’d rather know one shot how many blast I can get so I can decide if I should go thru another stimulation round to collect as many eggs while I can vs try several times of FET then start stimulation again.
I’m turning 43 you see :) tick tock
I’ll definitely have to ask the doc when I go back for review.

Yea I was thinking about too.. had that thought because I was trying to save time. I’d rather know one shot how many blast I can get so I can decide if I should go thru another stimulation round to collect as many eggs while I can vs try several times of FET then start stimulation again.
I’m turning 43 you see :) tick tock
I’ll definitely have to ask the doc when I go back for review.
I see. Did u request for blast that time? But I know SF loh practise is freeze at day 2.. nowadays not many dr choose day 2 already

I see. Did u request for blast that time? But I know SF loh practise is freeze at day 2.. nowadays not many dr choose day 2 already
No I didn’t as I didn’t know it was an option (my first time IVF). The nurse say the philosophy is doc believes the womb is the best environment so they tend to do earlier. Even the embryologist said they feel many embryos don’t survive till blast so they’d rather take the chance it’ll work inside the body instead.
I can understand the philosophy. Nothing wrong about day 2 transfers or day 5 ones just different philosophies.
But now that I’m thinking about options post failure, I kinda wished I knew what to ask about or ask for at that time.

I’m curious.
What are the chances of getting pregnant even if one implants 2 decent blastocysts at a time?

Back