IVF/ICSI Support Group

Anyone also did fet straight from the fresh cycle? Meaning Last month did ER and after menses come straight away did fet and succeed?

Hello! Is your embryo quality good during the ET? I’m now at my 2WW very scared that it won’t be successful :(
The embryo quality from my first fresh was terrible. Out of 17 embryos, only 2 made it to blastocyst but still failed ( I did get a BFP from one of the embryos but baby was not viable so had to terminate).

However, I somehow managed to up my embryo quality for 2nd fresh. We yielded 12 blastocysts and I got 3 children from this batch, all via FET.

While I didn't do anything different, my husband took French Pine Bark extract (from GNC) when we were doing our 2nd fresh. But we are not sure if that was what helped improve the quality.

Hi ladies
I’m still in dilemma. A little background of my journey. I’ve been ttc since 2019. Did many tests with dr Loh at tmc then realised my right tube is blocked. He didn’t even ask me to try ivf he still give me pills to induce ovulation and try naturally. Anyway I felt no connection with him so I switch to kkh for second opinion. Dr Jessie immediately say based on my age 34 and with one tube blocked I should jus do ivf.
so last year dec I started ivf round 1 onli 7 eggs and onli one blastocyst.Transfer it via fet but it didn’t stick.
now onto second round of ivf I managed to have 20 eggs and have 6 blasto frozen. (2 grade b , 4 grade c)
I’ve been dilemma with my husband whether we should put 1 or 2 embryos. We are really fear of any complication of pregnancy with twins. Saw many twins born prematurely and need a lot of $$ for treatment.
I asked dr Jessie is it putting 2 the higher chance at least 1 will stick. She say yes. And she allowed me to.
my fet probably is next week and I’m still thinking.
Anyone can give any advice or opinion?
would you do 6 chances of fet or 3 chances of fet with 2 embryos putting each time?
Since I only got grade b I tot of just putting one grade b first and see if it stick. If not next round then I put one b and one c.
For myself, wanting children outweighed the risks of having twins, especially after failing so many times. My #1 was actually part of a twin but her twin miscarried at week8. So I always carried this thought that putting 2 doesn't mean I'll get 2 at the end of the day. But well, life will always throw us curve balls cos I ended up with twins when I did FET for #2.

While twin pregnancy is high risk, looking after twins is also tiring as hell, but the joy of having 2 is just unexplainable. Plus after twins, can close shop liao unless you dont mind having more. Heh..

Cost wise, it is actually manageable if you don't mind going subsidised class. I downgraded myself to C class and ended up not paying a single cent in cash for my delivery, the twins NICU and SCN stay (T1 stayed 1 week in KKH while T2 stayed 3 weeks). My twins were born premature at 34+5weeks. Whereas for big ticket items like cots, can actually get 2nd hand so really still ok.

But if the fear of having twins is something you and your husband really want to avoid, then I would suggest going with your plan of putting 1 first then see how that goes.

Thanks a ton for the feedback! Hope he will help with my case too… really sad and stressed with my current situation… many tests had been done so far at Mt. E and KKH along with one failed IUI and IVF… no root cause could be identified yet … will be still seeing the doc at KKH next month for the failed cycle assessment … just wanted an expert advice and opinion and if feel confident switch to Dr Tan
Actually alot of ladies went through alot of rounds b4 success. And many are unexplained infertility. Really, no doctors can tell you a definite solution. Can only trial and error.

U still have 1 embryo so perhaps can do an FET? Some score better with FET

For myself, wanting children outweighed the risks of having twins, especially after failing so many times. My #1 was actually part of a twin but her twin miscarried at week8. So I always carried this thought that putting 2 doesn't mean I'll get 2 at the end of the day. But well, life will always throw us curve balls cos I ended up with twins when I did FET for #2.

While twin pregnancy is high risk, looking after twins is also tiring as hell, but the joy of having 2 is just unexplainable. Plus after twins, can close shop liao unless you dont mind having more. Heh..

Cost wise, it is actually manageable if you don't mind going subsidised class. I downgraded myself to C class and ended up not paying a single cent in cash for my delivery, the twins NICU and SCN stay (T1 stayed 1 week in KKH while T2 stayed 3 weeks). My twins were born premature at 34+5weeks. Whereas for big ticket items like cots, can actually get 2nd hand so really still ok.

But if the fear of having twins is something you and your husband really want to avoid, then I would suggest going with your plan of putting 1 first then see how that goes.

thanks for sharing! We are okay to take care twins although weknow it will be hell of journey and also we are ok withthe expenses of having twins. If putting in two means confirm I get at least 1 or 2 babies I am fine. I justworried that u know I saw many fb the giveasia many twins born super super early and need to be in nicu and that really worries me. Is that part.Plus I’m also on the bigger size. I know may not get twins confirm but the possibility is holding me back fearing of complications.
I also worried I’ll be wasting embryosquickly if I put 2.If you know what I meant lol

Hi ladies
I’m still in dilemma. A little background of my journey. I’ve been ttc since 2019. Did many tests with dr Loh at tmc then realised my right tube is blocked. He didn’t even ask me to try ivf he still give me pills to induce ovulation and try naturally. Anyway I felt no connection with him so I switch to kkh for second opinion. Dr Jessie immediately say based on my age 34 and with one tube blocked I should jus do ivf.
so last year dec I started ivf round 1 onli 7 eggs and onli one blastocyst.Transfer it via fet but it didn’t stick.
now onto second round of ivf I managed to have 20 eggs and have 6 blasto frozen. (2 grade b , 4 grade c)
I’ve been dilemma with my husband whether we should put 1 or 2 embryos. We are really fear of any complication of pregnancy with twins. Saw many twins born prematurely and need a lot of $$ for treatment.
I asked dr Jessie is it putting 2 the higher chance at least 1 will stick. She say yes. And she allowed me to.
would you do 6 chances of fet or 3 chances of fet with 2 embryos putting each time?
Since I only got grade b I tot of just putting one grade b first and see if it stick. If not next round then I put one b and one c.
Well actually my doctors told me 1 or 2 chances similar?

I guess whichever decision u make, just don't regret. Ie if transfer 1 and failed, dont blame yourself. If transfer 2 and both implanted, be ready to welcome the twins.. haha

I've a fair share of transferring 1 and 2, I feel transferring 2 doesn't increase the chances, at least for me

thanks for sharing! We are okay to take care twins although weknow it will be hell of journey and also we are ok withthe expenses of having twins. If putting in two means confirm I get at least 1 or 2 babies I am fine. I justworried that u know I saw many fb the giveasia many twins born super super early and need to be in nicu and that really worries me. Is that part.Plus I’m also on the bigger size. I know may not get twins confirm but the possibility is holding me back fearing of complications.
I also worried I’ll be wasting embryosquickly if I put 2.If you know what I meant lol
Honestly, no one can predict how their pregnancy will progress at the end of the day. It doesn't mean that being pregnant with one, you won't deliver prematurely at week 28, for example (choy *touch wood*). We can only stay positive and take one step at a time.

Honestly, no one can predict how their pregnancy will progress at the end of the day. It doesn't mean that being pregnant with one, you won't deliver prematurely at week 28, for example (choy *touch wood*). We can only stay positive and take one step at a time.

thanks for advice you are right. Anything could happen along the way.. the battle is still long

The embryo quality from my first fresh was terrible. Out of 17 embryos, only 2 made it to blastocyst but still failed ( I did get a BFP from one of the embryos but baby was not viable so had to terminate).

However, I somehow managed to up my embryo quality for 2nd fresh. We yielded 12 blastocysts and I got 3 children from this batch, all via FET.

While I didn't do anything different, my husband took French Pine Bark extract (from GNC) when we were doing our 2nd fresh. But we are not sure if that was what helped improve the quality.
What was your blastocyst grading like they usually term it as ABC?

Actually alot of ladies went through alot of rounds b4 success. And many are unexplained infertility. Really, no doctors can tell you a definite solution. Can only trial and error.

U still have 1 embryo so perhaps can do an FET? Some score better with FET
Yes fertility treatment is trial and error with no 100% guarantee on success… head knows and understands these things but the heart refuses to understand and foolishly keeps on expecting every single time… and that causes the pain and hurt so much….
Yes only one embryo left as of now… want to give myself some time and evaluate the possibilities before going ahead with the FET…know often multiple cycles are needed before success..just trying to process and cope up with the recent failure… am sure will bounce back just like after previous failures.

Yup I’ve switched to her from another doc on KKh. The nurse will need to check her schedule etc I think should not have an issue de! What u mean she’s not able to spare 10-15 mins wait?
Meaning she sees patients only for 10-15 minutes after waiting for quite long… this is general feedback heard about her… not sure if it’s true or not. How has been your experience with her so far?? managed to get BFP ??

Meaning she sees patients only for 10-15 minutes after waiting for quite long… this is general feedback heard about her… not sure if it’s true or not. How has been your experience with her so far?? managed to get BFP ??
Lol usually for public doc that’s the usual consult time I thought! My previous doc in kkh is even faster and he only read the result from the paper lol. I’m now at my TWW dunno isit successful or not sigh try not to think so much but everyday I think if it’s inside me or if it will
Implant etc.

I did my 1st cycle with her which didn't succeed, but overall experience has been good so far. She is very straightforward and gives enuf time to answers all your questions.

Actually, i feel Dr Tan too will not be able to answer why we keep failing. I failed 2 fresh and 4 frozen cycles before finally having my #1. He couldn't explain why we failed all those cycles (I have unexplained infertility too). He could only encourage me to keep trying.
I c… unexplained infertility is one of the worst things that can happen to couples on TTC journey… everything looks good on paper but still negative outcome

May I pls chk how many months or yrs took for #1 finally? Also mind sharing your age pls. Am 37.

Lol usually for public doc that’s the usual consult time I thought! My previous doc in kkh is even faster and he only read the result from the paper lol. I’m now at my TWW dunno isit successful or not sigh try not to think so much but everyday I think if it’s inside me or if it will
Implant etc.
I pray may u get BFP this cycle … wish you luck sister!!

Hi ladies

Go with what you are comfortable and don't think of the whatifs after you have decided. Doctor suggested to put two blasts after my multiple failed transfers. I went through 4 IVF retrievals with 3 fresh transfers and 2 frozen transfers before succeeding at my last FET.

I just wanted children so badly that I was willing to accept the risks of twin pregnancy. Both stuck. I was fortunate enough to have a pretty smooth pregnancy and manged to carry them to full term before giving birth via csect at nearly 39 weeks. It is tough and tiring taking care of 2 but they also bring double the joy.

All the best to you.

Last edited:
I did my 1st cycle with her which didn't succeed, but overall experience has been good so far. She is very straightforward and gives enuf time to answers all your questions.
Ok thanks for the feedback. Good to know she listens and replies to questions patiently.. may be will consider for her consultation

I'm 38 this yr. I started IVF at 31 and delivered my #1 at 34. So it took me 3 yrs.
Got it… looks like I started the IVF journey late … in fact was getting pregnant naturally before though it was failing eventually…. so the doctor had been advising to keep trying naturally before starting IVF… finally this year kind of forced to start the treatment as cudnt get pregnant in the past 6 months

Got it… looks like I started the IVF journey late … in fact was getting pregnant naturally before though it was failing eventually…. so the doctor had been advising to keep trying naturally before starting IVF… finally this year kind of forced to start the treatment as cudnt get pregnant in the past 6 months
I actually started TTC at age 27 but could never get pregnant naturally nor via IUI so decided to try IVF.

Babe means u got preggy before but MC?
Yes that’s right, got preggy thrice before (all natural), but couldn’t keep it… two times chemical pregnancy and one time miscarriage at 6 w due to blighted ovum. Bfore these natural pregnancies, tried one cycle of IUI at Mt. E which failed. So last yr the doc at KK advised to keep on trying naturally for 6 more months bfore IVF.

Yes that’s right, got preggy thrice before (all natural), but couldn’t keep it… two times chemical pregnancy and one time miscarriage at 6 w due to blighted ovum. Bfore these natural pregnancies, tried one cycle of IUI at Mt. E which failed. So last yr the doc at KK advised to keep on trying naturally for 6 more months bfore IVF.
Oh means u can get preggy de don’t worry! I also got once natural blighted ovum at week 6 sigh doc say it’s due to chromosome abnormalities

Oh means u can get preggy de don’t worry! I also got once natural blighted ovum at week 6 sigh doc say it’s due to chromosome abnormalities
Yeah can get preggy , but body can’t keep it lol.. chromosome abnormalities most common reason for MCs.. that’s what doc also mentioned.. did you try any supplement other than Folic acid?? like Coq10 , dhea, etc

Thanks babe I so far have no symptoms or feeling leh. I hope I don’t need to go through again cos the OHSS is the worst part of the journey :(
Have heard many women don’t have any symptoms until 7 or 8 weeks…so don’t worry … each one of us and each of our pregnancies may be different … just keep up the spirit… when is ur BT?

Just wondering how do u detect chemical pregnancy?
Both times started spotting one week before menses and continued light spotting after menses due date , my cycles are very regular , always on time. So did HPT around one week of missed period (though spotting continued all through) and both times got BFP. Then after 2-3 days , HPT started showing fainter line and finally menses came.

Both times started spotting one week before menses and continued light spotting after menses due date , my cycles are very regular , always on time. So did HPT around one week of missed period (though spotting continued all through) and both times got BFP. Then after 2-3 days , HPT started showing fainter line and finally menses came.
I see. I guess the good thing about this is it tells u u can be implanted. Just need that golden embryo.

I see. I guess the good thing about this is it tells u u can be implanted. Just need that golden embryo.
Hmm yeah … am also waiting eagerly … at least the embryo cud be implanted during natural conceptions…however looks like during the IVF cycle it didn’t implant at all.. that’s y straight got a negative beta…got positive number for the previous chemical ones

Hmm yeah … am also waiting eagerly … at least the embryo cud be implanted during natural conceptions…however looks like during the IVF cycle it didn’t implant at all.. that’s y straight got a negative beta…got positive number for the previous chemical ones
Doesnt matter la. What is most impt is positive and not chemical. Hee
Try again!

Doesnt matter la. What is most impt is positive and not chemical. Hee
Try again!
Yes yes true… just now got my menses after stopping crinone yesterday… kind of felt like a closure now … lol!! need to mentally and physically prepare for next round …

thx for your responses on this thread… it’s keeping me motivated… was really feeling down yday… cudnt sleep well last nite

For yourself what did you do to prepare for IVF for good quality eggs?

For yourself what did you do to prepare for IVF for good quality eggs?
I actually never eat anything specific to promote quality eggs. I only ate GNC prenatal multi vitamins and folic acid (from Watsons/Guardian). That's all. I did more to prepare for implantation.

So I suspect it was my husband's sperms quality that might have improved that resulted in better quality embryos.

Back