IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hihi does the doc allow more than 1 ET? Mine at KKH says they only put in 1 due to high chance of miscarriage if put 2. I wanted 2 cos got higher hopes :(

Hi! Just sharing my experience..I am with NUH..

1st transfer: 1 day 3 embryo - Negative
2nd transfer: 2 Blastocysts- Gave birth to a boy
3rd transfer: 2 Blastocysts- Chemical Pregnancy
4th transfer: 2 Blastocysts- Chemical pregnancy
5th transfer: 2 Blastocysts- Pregnant with twins but their heartbeat stopped at Week 9

I will be transferring 1 blastocyst the next round even though chances are slightly lower. Is safer for us I feel.

I suggest u call kkh and check.. shouldn’t have bruise since no more injection right

Hi, i called to check with the nurse. They say if no bleeding or pain can wait till next appt to see doc and ask. Aiyoh, dunno why only I encounter bad experiences with ER.

Is it due to your past injections? Bruise doesn't appear immediately sometimes

Hi, confirm not my injections. Bruise for injections usually happens next day.
For this It's near the outer ring of the belly button. And it appear suddenly on thursday night. Purplish red and blue bruise. Have u encounter this?

Last edited:
Hi, confirm not my injections. Bruise for injections usually happens next day.
For this It's near the outer ring of the belly button. And it appear suddenly on thursday night. Purplish red and blue bruise. Have u encounter this?
I see.. never heard of.. ER shouldn't cause this also.. not sure why. But if not pain I guess ok? Though really not sure what is the cause

Hihi does the doc allow more than 1 ET? Mine at KKH says they only put in 1 due to high chance of miscarriage if put 2. I wanted 2 cos got higher hopes :(
I was with KKH and was allowed to put 2. Usually, the doc will recommend putting only 1 cos they are worried abt high risk pregnancies (twin pregnancies are considered high risk). I was allowed to put 2 after multiple failures plus age was catching up.

I was with KKH and was allowed to put 2. Usually, the doc will recommend putting only 1 cos they are worried abt high risk pregnancies (twin pregnancies are considered high risk). I was allowed to put 2 after multiple failures plus age was catching up.
Hihi
I see hmm It’s my first time ivf and had a natural conception miscarriage before, not sure if they can consider putting 2.

Hihi
I see hmm It’s my first time ivf and had a natural conception miscarriage before, not sure if they can consider putting 2.
You can discuss with your doc abt your concerns. See what he says. I think ultimately if you insist on putting 2, he might agree?

Also, u have ask yourself if u are prepared to have twins. Jts, I have a toddler and pair of twins, all conceived from IVF. Taking care of twins is really no joke, much much tougher than taking care of one baby. Twin pregnancy is also tougher to go through.

Today reviewed with doc and she agreed of me to transfer 2. But I couldn’t decide. Currently I got 6 frozen. I am concern of the chances of twins and the complication it might comes. On the other hand doc and tcm doc told me putting in 2 increases the chances for at least 1 to make it.
In my heart I’m more inclined to 1 but I also worried of failing again and regret not putting 2 to increase chances if I fail. (I failed one fet already)

Today reviewed with doc and she agreed of me to transfer 2. But I couldn’t decide. Currently I got 6 frozen. I am concern of the chances of twins and the complication it might comes. On the other hand doc and tcm doc told me putting in 2 increases the chances for at least 1 to make it.
In my heart I’m more inclined to 1 but I also worried of failing again and regret not putting 2 to increase chances if I fail. (I failed one fet already)
It's very difficult to decide :( On ET day, my doc asked us and we didn't have much time to think. Had read/heard lot about complications of twin pregnancies and as it was my 1st cycle so we decided to put 1. Now that the cycle failed, I regret sometimes thinking may be should have put other one too as anyways it didn't survive and was not frozen.

Has anyone encountered delayed mensus for frozen cycle?

Mine initially came a week early (about 1 week after ER). I wasn't ready so I waited for next round. Now, it's like, more than 3 weeks late o_O It's really messing up my projected timelines!

Has anyone encountered delayed mensus for frozen cycle?

Mine initially came a week early (about 1 week after ER). I wasn't ready so I waited for next round. Now, it's like, more than 3 weeks late o_O It's really messing up my projected timelines!
Hmm, meaning waiting for ur menses to start b4 starting FET?

Putting in 2 doesn’t always increases chances. I did 2 transfers with 2 but both failed. Yes, the complications of twin pregnancy is challenging and the logistics and energy you need after they are born even more so, so do consider carefully. My friend initially had twins but unfortunately (yet she also thought it was fortunately on hindsight) one did not make it. With only 1, she had to deal with GD and pre eclampsia which was already bad, she cannot imagine if she had twins. Especially after birth, the taking care will be difficult if you don’t have help or your partner is not hands on. Till now, I still need quite some help got my twins so I know how crazy some days can get.

Transferring 1 or 2 embryos really depend on your appetite risk.

There are so many what-ifs, but suggest that once you have decided on either 1 or 2 and if things turned out to be otherwise, pls do not bash yourself. You'll only make yourself worse.

W
Wah nice which clinic u do? They so good give u two I wanted two but they don’t allow, I guess need to see the quality of egg too, if it’s not that good I’m sure they will transfer 2.

I just failed my 3rd transfer again with recurrent implantation failure. Did intralipid with prednisolone and aspirin this time round but things just don’t work out. I’m left with one last frozen embryo. Don’t know where has gone wrong again. Anybody succeed after numerous tries? How do you all pick yourself up to carry on this lone journey? I wonder I can go on for how long......

H
I just failed my 3rd transfer again with recurrent implantation failure. Did intralipid with prednisolone and aspirin this time round but things just don’t work out. I’m left with one last frozen embryo. Don’t know where has gone wrong again. Anybody succeed after numerous tries? How do you all pick yourself up to carry on this lone journey? I wonder I can go on for how long......
Hugs. Not sure how many failures count as numerous but I failed 2iuis and 2 ivfs only to succeed at the third ivf. Nobody can tell you exactly what is wrong. Ultimately I do believe ART is still trial and error and some luck involved. Could it be the quality if this batch of embryos, esp if all are from the same batch? Or maybe your body was not ready?
I have been through that crying, unmotivated, finding life meaningless, hating life, not knowing what the future holds but ultimately I know if I want to succeed, I cannot give up. Then again I also know that I have to give myself a deadline where I know I need to stop being so obsessed and trying. I know of people going through many miscarriages and ivf failures (some did like 6-7 cycles) but are still biting the bullet and trying. At the end of the day, don’t beat yourself up and just have to know what you have did all you can.

Hi, 1st of all give yourself a pat for enduring till now! Its not easy..

Personally I went through a couple of rounds as well...

At govt hosp:
1st fresh transfer- BFN
2nd fresh - BFN
1st FET - BFP but mc (did endo scratch+ accu, can't rem if did intralipids)
2nd FET - BFN (did endo scratch + intralipds+ accu)
3rd fresh cycle - no embryos at all

At pte clinic
Fresh cycle no.1
1st FET - BFN (intralipids, prednisolone, can't rem if did scratch)
2nd FET - BFP with my 1st baby! (endo scratch + lucrin jab + aspirin)

Fresh cycle no. 2
3rd FET - BFN (lucrin jab, no endo scratch)

Have u done endo scratch b4? If no maybe can try

Hi guys just did ER and have so much discomfort with my tummy pain and bloating and finding it hard to pee especially at the start and end. When I walk tummy hurts too. Isit normal, or suspected OHSS?

Hi guys just did ER and have so much discomfort with my tummy pain and bloating and finding it hard to pee especially at the start and end. When I walk tummy hurts too. Isit normal, or suspected OHSS?
take egg whites-soft boiled kind (about 3-5 or more per day until fresh transfer), drink lot (>1.5-2L ) of fluid like electrolytes stuffs. i drank pocari sweat.

take egg whites-soft boiled kind (about 3-5 or more per day until fresh transfer), drink lot (>1.5-2L ) of fluid like electrolytes stuffs. i drank pocari sweat.
Hey thanks for the advice! My pain or bloat is at the panel at my belly button there not so below at the uterus isit normal?

Hey thanks for the advice! My pain or bloat is at the panel at my belly button there not so below at the uterus isit normal?
should be the areas around your ovaries are. you can randomly google about the fluid accumulation after ER to understand your body. i had the same experience, the nurses advised me to stand by the electrolytes water prior to the procedure. actually can also take panadol if you are not allergic to to reduce the pain.

but if the pain is very painful and u are not able to pee, it’s not normal. u may need to go A&E.

i was stubborn enough to eat 5 eggs everyday in addition to my normal diet, drank pocari sweat 2L or more and keep peeing to make sure i’m not dehydrated. i was in so much pain and my tummy is bloated as big like 5month pregnancy. after the 3rd day, i saw the bloatedness went down and was finally able to walk around the house.

should be the areas around your ovaries are. you can randomly google about the fluid accumulation after ER to understand your body. i had the same experience, the nurses advised me to stand by the electrolytes water prior to the procedure. actually can also take panadol if you are not allergic to to reduce the pain.

but if the pain is very painful and u are not able to pee, it’s not normal. u may need to go A&E.

i was stubborn enough to eat 5 eggs everyday in addition to my normal diet, drank pocari sweat 2L or more and keep peeing to make sure i’m not dehydrated. i was in so much pain and my tummy is bloated as big like 5month pregnancy. after the 3rd day, i saw the bloatedness went down and was finally able to walk around the house.
Hey babe
Thanks I’m able to walk but when I walk just uncomfy my tummy not so big yet just slightly bloated but it feels like I just did some dunno 100 sit ups. Basically the pain is at the middle of the adomen rather than bottom. When I pee can pee but just discomfort and pressure. I didn’t call them yet I was given that half tablet of cabergolin which supposed to bring down the bloat hopefully. I really feel the pain is not during the ER it’s more of after that. When I woke up from ER I felt menses cramp then slowly these cramp disappear and it became bloat and I felt like kanna punch like that.

Hey babe
Thanks I’m able to walk but when I walk just uncomfy my tummy not so big yet just slightly bloated but it feels like I just did some dunno 100 sit ups. Basically the pain is at the middle of the adomen rather than bottom. When I pee can pee but just discomfort and pressure. I didn’t call them yet I was given that half tablet of cabergolin which supposed to bring down the bloat hopefully. I really feel the pain is not during the ER it’s more of after that. When I woke up from ER I felt menses cramp then slowly these cramp disappear and it became bloat and I felt like kanna punch like that.

Hi,
I also drank isotonic drink. But it irritates my stomach so i choose 3L plain water instead. I took 4 egg whites per day. 2 in morning and 2 in afternoon. Eggs white protein Is used to lure the water out from the ovary or body if I am not wrong.
As I mentioned earlier, I develop bruise at the belly navel after 4th day ER.
Big like golf balls size on upper and lower belly button. I also experienced difficulty getting up from bed after ER. Pain or aches focus on the belly. Went to see doc. She say should be superficial bruise and will go off. But she doesn't know what's the cause of it.

Hi,
I also drank isotonic drink. But it irritates my stomach so i choose 3L plain water instead. I took 4 egg whites per day. 2 in morning and 2 in afternoon. Eggs white protein Is used to lure the water out from the ovary or body if I am not wrong.
Big like golf balls size on upper and lower belly button. I also experienced difficulty getting up from bed after ER. Pain or aches focus on the belly. Went to see doc. She say should be superficial bruise and will go off. But she doesn't know what's the cause of it.
I may go A&E later if the pain is intolerable because it’s right up at above my belly area where my gastric is.. I worry the fluid go to the diaphragm.

Hi,

now i remember the protein is call albumin.
it’s very science… like the body needs a lot of albumin to excrete the fluid from the body. i can’t explained that.. now i recall back, it was quite a difficult time for myself. but, we went through it!

I may go A&E later if the pain is intolerable because it’s right up at above my belly area where my gastric is.. I worry the fluid go to the diaphragm.

i felt the same that time which I was worried that the fluid might goes into my lungs. so i didn’t lie down too flat… and took extra pillow to support.
just keep reminding yourself to drink water and pee.

i felt the same that time which I was worried that the fluid might goes into my lungs. so i didn’t lie down too flat… and took extra pillow to support.
just keep reminding yourself to drink water and pee.
Is your pain above your belly there? Is this normal or it’s considered OHSS? Did u get to do fresh transfer?

W

Wah nice which clinic u do? They so good give u two I wanted two but they don’t allow, I guess need to see the quality of egg too, if it’s not that good I’m sure they will transfer 2.
Mine is with kkh. I guess also age? Doc didn’t suggest two I asked if it possible to put two. She say if I want she will allow. But got chances one may split then become triplets. I think I’m gonna put one.

Hi gal hugs. I was in this state two weeks ago. I took 5 days to feel normal again. Mine even at the rib cage also pain and Bloat. I drank non carbonated 100 Plus, egg white, fish and high protein chicken essence. I think if I didn’t eat all these I would have ohss persistently. Initially I get off the bed during discharge but I went back again cause I feel so painful to walk to the kkh toilet and I feel nauseous too. Jia you! U will get better

Hi gal hugs. I was in this state two weeks ago. I took 5 days to feel normal again. Mine even at the rib cage also pain and Bloat. I drank non carbonated 100 Plus, egg white, fish and high protein chicken essence. I think if I didn’t eat all these I would have ohss persistently. Initially I get off the bed during discharge but I went back again cause I feel so painful to walk to the kkh toilet and I feel nauseous too. Jia you! U will get better
Babe so the pain will just cure by itself ? Did you go A&E? Did u managed to do fresh transfer?

Hi,

Check with the nurse about ur condition. If its serious then go A&E.
I waited about 1 week after ER to see doc on the bruise issue bcoz it doesn't come with pain or swell.

Just Like @lildreams, I also took the high protein chicken essence and other high protein food. Maybe that helps too.

Hi,

Check with the nurse about ur condition. If its serious then go A&E.
I waited about 1 week after ER to see doc on the bruise issue bcoz it doesn't come with pain or swell.

Just Like @lildreams, I also took the high protein chicken essence and other high protein food. Maybe that helps too.
Thanks girls I drank procari sweat ate 2 egg white a day and today I felt better but I feel nauseous after I brush teeth I vomited. Not sure isit the procari sweat made my mouth feels very very blend and no appetite or it’s the progesterone inserts. Sigh it’s so xinku and I hope this is over soon!

H

Hugs. Not sure how many failures count as numerous but I failed 2iuis and 2 ivfs only to succeed at the third ivf. Nobody can tell you exactly what is wrong. Ultimately I do believe ART is still trial and error and some luck involved. Could it be the quality if this batch of embryos, esp if all are from the same batch? Or maybe your body was not ready?
I have been through that crying, unmotivated, finding life meaningless, hating life, not knowing what the future holds but ultimately I know if I want to succeed, I cannot give up. Then again I also know that I have to give myself a deadline where I know I need to stop being so obsessed and trying. I know of people going through many miscarriages and ivf failures (some did like 6-7 cycles) but are still biting the bullet and trying. At the end of the day, don’t beat yourself up and just have to know what you have did all you can.

Thank u for ur encouragement! I guess I just have to keep trying when I still have eggs and able to cope financially too. I did give myself a timeline too as time is not on my side already. But as with each failure comes I found myself more open and readily to accept (either u r pregnant or u r not) cos have been through them before and well just have to try again.

Hi, 1st of all give yourself a pat for enduring till now! Its not easy..

Personally I went through a couple of rounds as well...

At govt hosp:
1st fresh transfer- BFN
2nd fresh - BFN
1st FET - BFP but mc (did endo scratch+ accu, can't rem if did intralipids)
2nd FET - BFN (did endo scratch + intralipds+ accu)
3rd fresh cycle - no embryos at all

At pte clinic
Fresh cycle no.1
1st FET - BFN (intralipids, prednisolone, can't rem if did scratch)
2nd FET - BFP with my 1st baby! (endo scratch + lucrin jab + aspirin)

Fresh cycle no. 2
3rd FET - BFN (lucrin jab, no endo scratch)

Have u done endo scratch b4? If no maybe can try

Thanks for willing to share your BFP journey and is certainly not easy for you to go through this many cycles to get your rainbow baby! You are a tough one! Wish you success too in your upcoming cycle or transfer!

No I did not do endo scratch. Will have to check with my doc is it necessary cos I did d&c for polyp removal in February.

Hello ladies,

Anyone had experience with Dr THH for IVF? Had my first IVF cycle this month at KKH and it failed. Due to my condition of unexplained infertility, thinking of consulting Dr Tan as read he is good in handling such cases. Any recommendations?

Hello ladies,

Anyone had experience with Dr THH for IVF? Had my first IVF cycle this month at KKH and it failed. Due to my condition of unexplained infertility, thinking of consulting Dr Tan as read he is good in handling such cases. Any recommendations?
I was a patient with Dr Tan at KKH before he moved to private practice. Managed to BFP three times (but only 2 successful births) under him. He is good - kind, patient, definitely knowledgeable and decisive.

I know people who are currently under him at his private clinic and sings the same praises too.

I was a patient with Dr Tan at KKH before he moved to private practice. Managed to BFP three times (but only 2 successful births) under him. He is good - kind, patient, definitely knowledgeable and decisive.

I know people who are currently under him at his private clinic and sings the same praises too.
Thanks a ton for the feedback! Hope he will help with my case too… really sad and stressed with my current situation… many tests had been done so far at Mt. E and KKH along with one failed IUI and IVF… no root cause could be identified yet … will be still seeing the doc at KKH next month for the failed cycle assessment … just wanted an expert advice and opinion and if feel confident switch to Dr Tan

Hello ladies,

Hello u can try dr sadhana I think she’s not bad too a lot to ppl got BFP from her. She’s nice and patient and will explain clearly to you.

Aah I see, thanks. Heard waiting time is longer for her and often she is unable to spare more than 10-15 mins after long wait. Understand that must be the case for most of experienced senior docs. Is it possible to switch to her from another doc in KKH?

Thanks a ton for the feedback! Hope he will help with my case too… really sad and stressed with my current situation… many tests had been done so far at Mt. E and KKH along with one failed IUI and IVF… no root cause could be identified yet … will be still seeing the doc at KKH next month for the failed cycle assessment … just wanted an expert advice and opinion and if feel confident switch to Dr Tan
Actually, i feel Dr Tan too will not be able to answer why we keep failing. I failed 2 fresh and 4 frozen cycles before finally having my #1. He couldn't explain why we failed all those cycles (I have unexplained infertility too). He could only encourage me to keep trying.

Aah I see, thanks. Heard waiting time is longer for her and often she is unable to spare more than 10-15 mins after long wait. Understand that must be the case for most of experienced senior docs. Is it possible to switch to her from another doc in KKH?
Yup I’ve switched to her from another doc on KKh. The nurse will need to check her schedule etc I think should not have an issue de! What u mean she’s not able to spare 10-15 mins wait?

Actually, i feel Dr Tan too will not be able to answer why we keep failing. I failed 2 fresh and 4 frozen cycles before finally having my #1. He couldn't explain why we failed all those cycles (I have unexplained infertility too). He could only encourage me to keep trying.
Hello! Is your embryo quality good during the ET? I’m now at my 2WW very scared that it won’t be successful :(

Babe so the pain will just cure by itself ? Did you go A&E? Did u managed to do fresh transfer?
Sorry for missing this.
It heal itself... I jus tahan and slowly day by day I got a little better and by 5th day I’m almost back to my usual self again!
I didn’t do fresh cos doc say I got abit too many eggs retrieved. She say freeze all

Hi ladies
I’m still in dilemma. A little background of my journey. I’ve been ttc since 2019. Did many tests with dr Loh at tmc then realised my right tube is blocked. He didn’t even ask me to try ivf he still give me pills to induce ovulation and try naturally. Anyway I felt no connection with him so I switch to kkh for second opinion. Dr Jessie immediately say based on my age 34 and with one tube blocked I should jus do ivf.
so last year dec I started ivf round 1 onli 7 eggs and onli one blastocyst.Transfer it via fet but it didn’t stick.
now onto second round of ivf I managed to have 20 eggs and have 6 blasto frozen. (2 grade b , 4 grade c)
I’ve been dilemma with my husband whether we should put 1 or 2 embryos. We are really fear of any complication of pregnancy with twins. Saw many twins born prematurely and need a lot of $$ for treatment.
I asked dr Jessie is it putting 2 the higher chance at least 1 will stick. She say yes. And she allowed me to.
my fet probably is next week and I’m still thinking.
Anyone can give any advice or opinion?
would you do 6 chances of fet or 3 chances of fet with 2 embryos putting each time?
Since I only got grade b I tot of just putting one grade b first and see if it stick. If not next round then I put one b and one c.

Sorry for missing this.
It heal itself... I jus tahan and slowly day by day I got a little better and by 5th day I’m almost back to my usual self again!
I didn’t do fresh cos doc say I got abit too many eggs retrieved. She say freeze all
It means your embryo quality is good!!

Back