IVF/ICSI Support Group

before and after, i’m taking abt 2 eggs per day, sometimes 3
It is ur 1st cycle or u did b4? Because I did so many cycles, tried diff kind of food etc etc and finally have a conclusion, all those said food is not helping in any ways.. haha
Maybe it's just me la. My body is too resistant..

So I just go with balance diet

Last edited:
Today is my 4dp6dt. No symptom since yesterday. First 2 days stil experience mild cramping. Can’t help but lose faith already this is my 3rd transfer liao. Still have to endure 10 more days to BT.

Today is my 4dp6dt. No symptom since yesterday. First 2 days stil experience mild cramping. Can’t help but lose faith already this is my 3rd transfer liao. Still have to endure 10 more days to BT.
Too early for symptoms.. if any symptoms could also be due to the support meds..

yes the wait is horrible right.. few days later u probably can do HPT.. hee

hi I retrieved 20 eggs this time round.
Today I felt better but still very bloated and cramp. Whenever I got abit of bladder full it will be super painful and I must immediately go toilet to release. Hope the pain subside soon
Ya! the feeling sucks! hang on! it will only get better!

Ya! the feeling sucks! hang on! it will only get better!
Thanks I’m feeling much better now already.

Down few cans of 100 Plus and high protein chicken essence I think that helped my condition.
By the way anyone know for kkh the embryosist will call on 5th day to inform the embryo status? For my case, before ER doc already told will freeze all of the eggs. And only to see her 10 days later. Anyone encounter the same before?

Thanks I’m feeling much better now already.

Down few cans of 100 Plus and high protein chicken essence I think that helped my condition.
By the way anyone know for kkh the embryosist will call on 5th day to inform the embryo status? For my case, before ER doc already told will freeze all of the eggs. And only to see her 10 days later. Anyone encounter the same before?
Yes, cos I told my main doc that i would want to do frozen transfer and i am only keen in blasto, so the embryologist called me on the 5th day to update me on the status of the embryos, like how many turned into complete blastos, how many still cultivating etc and few days later, the final number thrown into the freezer.

Yes, cos I told my main doc that i would want to do frozen transfer and i am only keen in blasto, so the embryologist called me on the 5th day to update me on the status of the embryos, like how many turned into complete blastos, how many still cultivating etc and few days later, the final number thrown into the freezer.

thanks! That’s informative.I am not sure my 5th day is it today or tomorrow. I did ER on last Thursday noon.

anyone did long protocol for ivf? means the injection starts on day 21 to down regulate the hormones for 2-4 weeks, before they start another injection for stimulation?

Feeling sad the IVF didn’t succeed! The doctor advise it is better to get donor eggs! Hopefully there is kind hearted person donate the egg , let me have a chance to be mother ! I feel in my life my dreams to be a mother is so difficult ! In Singapore are not able to find a donor eggs! I have been crying terribly when the IVF didn’t succeed.

How many cycles have u been through? Some may need a few more cycles to bfp but then also depends on your financial n mental health. If u have Low reserve u can try mini ivf instead of max up the dosage.

It’s ok to cry just let it all out n move on.....decide for donor or save up n try another cycle. Just to share I have seen ttc girls have their miracle baby n some persevere till the end n bfp after many cycles. I did 5 fresh n numerous fet before a bfp. I have fren who went for adoption n a girl I chat with went for surrogacy n they are now mummy to the beautiful child. U can always Google to read up or check with ivf dr for recommendation. I am not sure which hospital U are with but usually pte clinic like Alpha, TFC n sincere can help suggest where to go for donor egg. All the best.

Last edited:
Hi, I am a patient at NUH, so far I have 3 failed cycles.. my last stimulation cycle only managed to retrieve 3 eggs, but none managed to be fertilised. Feeling really depressed. I only left 1 fresh and 1 frozen cycle to try..

Does anyone knows how's the ivf procedure like in SGH? Do the ivf doctors perform the scan themselves or the scanning is done by the sonographers in KKH? At NUH, the scans are done by the doctors themselves which I like. Too bad the NUH IVF lab is closing for reno hence I'm thinking of looking for alternatives at either SGH or KKH.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sgh is done by sonagrapher n review by dr. Yes same as Kkh but lesser crowd. Only NUH is scan n consult by main dr.

Eat lots of egg whites. I had 4 a day until my symptoms died down. Drinking Gatorade, H2O or 100+ would help too.
Rest a lot and don't run around too much. Ovaries must be quite pumped up right now.

Hope you feel better soon!

Hi,

Nice info.
I just did my ER. Had terrible cramps and pain at abdomen area. Feels like beaten up at the abdomen or having 30 sit ups. I even had to be on 2 packs of iv drip as I couldn't pee after the ER. The nurse just advise tell me to drink 2L water, plenty water and rest. Never even tell me to eat eggs. But think I will continue my usual 4 eggs per day although I will be doing frozen cycle next.

Hi can anyone share hows frozen ET cycle is like? And the cost? Or any injections poke again? Had to mentally prepare myself.

Last edited:
H

Hihi! I jus done retrieval yesterday and the bloat pain and cramp is another level! Super painful. Barely can walk and no matter I sit or lie down left or right is super painful. Whenever my bladder is almost full my bladder will be painful as well :(
Doc didn’t prescribe me anything except told me to eat Panadol if pain.
Can I know what else did u do to feel better?
I did my fresh last year but also never so painful :(

Hi,

I too had the same feeling as you. This is my 1st ivf. Cramps and pain, light bleeding after ER. Had to walk real slow. Feels like something heavy on the abdomen. Today is my 2nd day after procedure. Whats worst is I can also feel the pain during the procedure which the doc poke my internal. Super pain!!!!
I think the anesthesia didnt kick in fast. Had a little phobia on this. Peeing is challenging cannot use too much force else the cramps is worse. But I still have to drink alot WATER. Dunno when will recover.

Hi,

I too had the same feeling as you. This is my 1st ivf. Cramps and pain, light bleeding after ER. Had to walk real slow. Feels like something heavy on the abdomen. Today is my 2nd day after procedure. Whats worst is I can also feel the pain during the procedure which the doc poke my internal. Super pain!!!!
I think the anesthesia didnt kick in fast. Had a little phobia on this. Peeing is challenging cannot use too much force else the cramps is worse. But I still have to drink alot WATER. Dunno when will recover.
Hello! Don worry you will recover slowly day by day.. i still rem I teared cause it’s so uncomfortable on the first day.
I felt much better after 3 days and now today 5th day I felt almost 100% recovery! Jia you! Drink more water and 100 Plus... I drank the eu Yang seng high protein chicken essence and I think that helped.

Hello! Don worry you will recover slowly day by day.. i still rem I teared cause it’s so uncomfortable on the first day.
I felt much better after 3 days and now today 5th day I felt almost 100% recovery! Jia you! Drink more water and 100 Plus... I drank the eu Yang seng high protein chicken essence and I think that helped.

Hi,

I choose pocari sweat or h20 without the gas (carbonate) else feels even bloated. Do u mean the EYS organic high protein chicken essence? Ok I shall try. Thanks

I did..I used the menstru heat pad before but I left it too long I got minor scald

Hi,
Oh yah. better be careful. Maybe u just paste on the clothes. And not directly on skin.
Are U doing the ER at kkh? Whose ur doc , how many eggs u retrieved? Did u do fresh cycle or frozen cycle for this round. Its seems ur ER was about 1 to 2 weeks earlier than me.

Hi,
Oh yah. better be careful. Maybe u just paste on the clothes. And not directly on skin.
Are U doing the ER at kkh? Whose ur doc , how many eggs u retrieved? Did u do fresh cycle or frozen cycle for this round. Its seems ur ER was about 1 to 2 weeks earlier than me.

hi yea I did my ER last Thursday, retrieved 20 eggs. .Dr Jessie phoon is my doc at kkh. It’s my second fresh cycle. As I have risk of ohss this time round, doc told me before ER any embryo will be frozen.

hi yea I did my ER last Thursday, retrieved 20 eggs. .Dr Jessie phoon is my doc at kkh. It’s my second fresh cycle. As I have risk of ohss this time round, doc told me before ER any embryo will be frozen.

Hi,

I too was with dr jessie. But I saw her when she did the ER. All the while were mixtures of other consultants who had seen me. This was my 1st fresh ivf cycle. Had collected 26 eggs as I am pcos. My medications were orgalutran + gonal f + lucrin.
During the stimulation, I Felt pressure / tenderness when I am sitting down probably due to the growing follicles. I was advice by the doc to go for frozen cycle as I am also risk for ohss. Do not know if I have anything to freeze.

Hi,

I too was with dr jessie. But I saw her when she did the ER. All the while were mixtures of other consultants who had seen me. This was my 1st fresh ivf cycle. Had collected 26 eggs as I am pcos. My medications were orgalutran + gonal f + lucrin.
During the stimulation, I Felt pressure / tenderness when I am sitting down probably due to the growing follicles. I was advice by the doc to go for frozen cycle as I am also risk for ohss. Do not know if I have anything to freeze.

I have pcos too but my first cycle only have 7 eggs.
yea that’s how kkh do it each scan and review only done by sonographer and doc in charge that day.
did dr phoon told you when you will know how many embryos developed? When is your next review date

I have pcos too but my first cycle only have 7 eggs.
yea that’s how kkh do it each scan and review only done by sonographer and doc in charge that day.
did dr phoon told you when you will know how many embryos developed? When is your next review date

Hi,

Did u do iui in kkh previously? Bcoz I did 1 so-iui with injections and they started me with jabs like puregon + ovidrel. Only manage to yield 1 egg. Not successful. Probably they fine tune what medication I should start off in 1st IVF I guessed. After the ER, The nurse only ask me to go for the doc appt on next week. I think they then release the results.

May I know, What jabs did u had on 1st n 2nd cycle? And did u eat anything differently from the 1st cycle?

Hi,

Did u do iui in kkh previously? Bcoz I did 1 so-iui with injections and they started me with jabs like puregon + ovidrel. Only manage to yield 1 egg. Not successful. Probably they fine tune what medication I should start off in 1st IVF I guessed. After the ER, The nurse only ask me to go for the doc appt on next week. I think they then release the results.

May I know, What jabs did u had on 1st n 2nd cycle? And did u eat anything differently from the 1st cycle?

nope I didn’t try iui. For both cycle I’m only on gonal and ovidrel. Never was on puregon. She up my dosage for gonal f and started with ovidrel that’s why I got significant amount this time round. Yet I still Donno if there’s viable embryo. They didn’t call today though it’s 5th day.

I had orgatulatran first few days then 250iu gonal f. Sorry to ask you, do u mean kk will call u up to update you on the embryo status even before u see dr jessie.

I had orgatulatran first few days then 250iu gonal f. Sorry to ask you, do u mean kk will call u up to update you on the embryo status even before u see dr jessie.

doesn’t seem like they will call me. When are you meeting with dr Jessie?I did ER on 6th may but my appt to see her is 17th may

I had 8 embryos that made it to day 5 on the day of my ET. They transferred one and said will update how many they can freeze. 2 days later they phone to tell me all had died- these were all early blasts day 5 on day 5... did anyone else encounter this kind of situation? I can’t help but feel bewildered why they were all ‘growing well’ early day 5 stage one day and none survived the day after. Theories like couldn’t they have froze it earlier, was it contamination etc cross my mind... did anyone encounter similar? It’s KKH btw.

I had 8 embryos that made it to day 5 on the day of my ET. They transferred one and said will update how many they can freeze. 2 days later they phone to tell me all had died- these were all early blasts day 5 on day 5... did anyone else encounter this kind of situation? I can’t help but feel bewildered why they were all ‘growing well’ early day 5 stage one day and none survived the day after. Theories like couldn’t they have froze it earlier, was it contamination etc cross my mind... did anyone encounter similar? It’s KKH btw.
Sorry to hear this. But stay positive now and don't dwell cos you are currently PUPO (pregnant until proven otherwise) with your blastocyst inside. My situation at KK was not quite similar but I only had 1 blast to transfer each cycle, the rest died at D3 or didn't become blast even at D7 so were discarded.

Hi, does anyone experience bruise on the belly button after ER . 2 big patches of 50cents size bruise. I just notice today. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Back