IVF/ICSI Support Group

Oic. I'm waiting for blasyocyst transfer on sat. So nervous as only have 10 oocytes retrieved. They suppose to call me today to tell me the time for transfer on sat. Maybe I will ask the nurse when call me.

I will take no calls to get you to go down earlier as good news. I was told to expect a day 5 transfer and was called on day 2 and 3 for my 2nd and 3rd cycle before cos things were not looking good.

Yes, nurse had explicitly told me that they won't call to tell status of embryo development. It will be discussed only on transfer day by doctor.
When I was with KKH as a private patient, I also didn't get any info from nurses. They are very careful about these things. Even when I did speak to the embryologist (when they had to seek my permission to discard my embryos), it was very difficult to understand her. She spoke super fast, used a lot of technical terms which were quite hard to digest (given the speed of her speech LOL). I think they are operating under a lot of red tape, and also stress la... due to the workload.

With private the experience is much better. The clinic, I can see, always tries to accommodate the patient rather than the other way round. The embryologist called me the day after retrieval to tell me how many were fertilised. Very gentle and sensitive, given my tears and all. On day 3, Tan HH offered to let his embryologist speak to me, so that I could better understand the science behind his recommendations to let the few embryos I have go to day 5, and to freeze them. The embryologist was also quite good. Showed me the pictures of each embryo to explain how they graded each embryo. They really took time to secure my confidence.

I called them on Day 4 and Day 5 to check again, and they entertained me too. I think after this, must buy chocolates to treat the embryologist team LOL

When I was with KKH as a private patient, I also didn't get any info from nurses. They are very careful about these things. Even when I did speak to the embryologist (when they had to seek my permission to discard my embryos), it was very difficult to understand her. She spoke super fast, used a lot of technical terms which were quite hard to digest (given the speed of her speech LOL). I think they are operating under a lot of red tape, and also stress la... due to the workload.

With private the experience is much better. The clinic, I can see, always tries to accommodate the patient rather than the other way round. The embryologist called me the day after retrieval to tell me how many were fertilised. Very gentle and sensitive, given my tears and all. On day 3, Tan HH offered to let his embryologist speak to me, so that I could better understand the science behind his recommendations to let the few embryos I have go to day 5, and to freeze them. The embryologist was also quite good. Showed me the pictures of each embryo to explain how they graded each embryo. They really took time to secure my confidence.

I called them on Day 4 and Day 5 to check again, and they entertained me too. I think after this, must buy chocolates to treat the embryologist team LOL
Oh u are under Tan HH. I was under him previously and 2 successful cycles all under him. Too bad he moves on to private and due to finance constraints, I din follow him. But he is really a gd doctor. Very sensitive and nice. I hope miracle can happen for my this third fresh cycle.... Nurse called me to go down for transfer on sat.

Totally agree with you, I am with Dr Tan HH too and I think his embryologist team is awesome. They are very friendly and helpful in explaining to me when I ask a lot of questions. I was very impressed when I asked Pei Fen if I could keep my Embryoscope recording, she helped to whatsapp the video clip to me. I am doing FET in June.

Hello Aries, yes I did feel bloated. Not just that, but also sore boobs and mood swings. Don't be surprised if you feel physically not quite well, or just plain emo. There're a lot of hormones in your body, so be kind to yourself.

I find that it helps to rest as and when I feel tired. Drink lots of water. I found that drinking 100 Plus helped, for some strange reason. Whatever it is, listen to your body!
Hi sorry may I know what medicine the doctor prescribed to you that why you feel bloatness and sore boobs?

Hi sisters! When your start do injection ? Can we still do housework like moping floor , handwash squat do my laundry ?
hihi, i’m on the long protocol, will start my injection end Apr. I did ask doc if i can do jogging which he said to go ahead as long as i don’t run a marathon. Housework is medium intensity activity think it’s ok, after egg transfer maybe don’t do squat? put laundry in washing machine to wash. my TCM asks me to avoid activity that put strain on the abdomen area.

oh no.. did you do the hyfosy test to check fallopian tubes previously? How would you compare the pain?

For me i almost fainted from the hyfosy test afterwards.. have not done retrieval before, so getting mentally prepared
For me, hyfosy was more painful than retrieval. Had bad menses like cramps for around 1-2 hrs after hyfosy. Cramps after retrieval were mild for abt 4-5 hrs.

I transferred two early blastocysts today. Just wondering anyone suceed on early blastocyst? I only transferred expanded blastocyst b4...

Oh I didn't know early blast cannot freeze. Its a day what embryo?
I oso din know till yest. Is day 5. Embryologist told me both my early blastocyst half day behind the schedule of becoming a blastocyst. I'm not sure y cannot freeze but if nv put both then will just leave one outside for observation till it become a blastocyst then freeze. I tot just put both in hoping at least one will attach. Previously I failed when transferred a day 6 expanded blastocyst. So thinking putting both have higher chance. But Dr hopes it's not gg to be twins. She said she has alot of patients under her having twins... Doc always dun recommended twins due to complication...

I oso din know till yest. Is day 5. Embryologist told me both my early blastocyst half day behind the schedule of becoming a blastocyst. I'm not sure y cannot freeze but if nv put both then will just leave one outside for observation till it become a blastocyst then freeze. I tot just put both in hoping at least one will attach. Previously I failed when transferred a day 6 expanded blastocyst. So thinking putting both have higher chance. But Dr hopes it's not gg to be twins. She said she has alot of patients under her having twins... Doc always dun recommended twins due to complication...
My situation was quite similar to yours but I insisted transferring only 1 because I wasn't keen on taking the risk of twins and knowing my body will suffer if both stick.

Embryologist suggested putting in the other as well but after I decided against it, they tried to culture it for another night but the embryo didn't make it. So I had nothing left to freeze as well and my only hope was the 1 early blast that was transferred.

Good luck okay :)

My situation was quite similar to yours but I insisted transferring only 1 because I wasn't keen on taking the risk of twins and knowing my body will suffer if both stick.

Embryologist suggested putting in the other as well but after I decided against it, they tried to culture it for another night but the embryo didn't make it. So I had nothing left to freeze as well and my only hope was the 1 early blast that was transferred.

Good luck okay :)
Thank u.

Hi . Sisters. Sorry check with your ! When we start injection ? Is any food we should avoid ? Can we still take fruits from the fridge ? We should eat ?

Thanks God! I feel quite ok. The doctor gave me Gonal F and Menopur. The doctor gave you what medicine which makes you feel bloatness and sore boobs!
Good that you have no side effects so far. But if they do come up, don't be too worried :)

And as for doing housework or whatever, just go about your usual routine if you are up to it. I don't think there's anything to stop you from moving around. However, towards the later stage of my injections, perhaps due to my bloated ovaries, I could not really exert too much like running or walking too much. I just took it easy.

Can I ask how strict are u ladies with no cold drinks? When trying for no. 1 I was super duper strict. Now abit slack..
My TCM quite strict. Told me no cold drinks, or cooling food allowed.

As for fruits, he recommended non cooling fruits like apples, banana. Cooling ones like watermelon, pears, no no ...

How long did u restrain ur self?
For a few months before I started the stimulation and after the transfer towards the last few days before blood test I gave up and started drinking some cold drinks. I think some weekends I also had a bbt because the injections were getting to me and I bought bbt to make myself feel better.

Now the embryologist called me to update on my remaining embryos which all failed to become blast and thus nothing to freeze. Then told me the two transferred on Friday are called compacted embryos and not early blast. So confusing. Then y Doc told me they are early blastocysts... anyway pray that they can stick.

Now the embryologist called me to update on my remaining embryos which all failed to become blast and thus nothing to freeze. Then told me the two transferred on Friday are called compacted embryos and not early blast. So confusing. Then y Doc told me they are early blastocysts... anyway pray that they can stick.
Already in, then don't think so much anymore. My dr says if the embryos are good, they will stick regardless. If the embryos are not good, even if they make it to blast, they may not stick, or pregnancy may not be viable. If your dr has deemed it fit to transfer the embbies, just cross your fingers and hope for the best!

For a few months before I started the stimulation and after the transfer towards the last few days before blood test I gave up and started drinking some cold drinks. I think some weekends I also had a bbt because the injections were getting to me and I bought bbt to make myself feel better.

eh babe, you know there's warm BBT??? LOL

totally understand what you mean regarding the stress. Next time can try warm BBT too LOL a bit gross, but still sweet enough for the sugar rush!

Back