IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi sisters! I will be doing my IVF in the month April . Sorry check with your when your start injection on the first day. The nurse said we will feel bloatness at the tummy , some will feel like vomiting is it ? May I know do your have this feeling ? Then how to ease the bloatness ?

Very sad. The embryologist called.

I had 31 eggs extracted. Out of which 23 were mature. In the end, only 5 made it for fertilisation. I'm quite bummed. Really quite bummed. A bit worried that even those that fertilised won't be able to make it too :'(

Hi sisters! I will be doing my IVF in the month April . Sorry check with your when your start injection on the first day. The nurse said we will feel bloatness at the tummy , some will feel like vomiting is it ? May I know do your have this feeling ? Then how to ease the bloatness ?

Hello Aries, yes I did feel bloated. Not just that, but also sore boobs and mood swings. Don't be surprised if you feel physically not quite well, or just plain emo. There're a lot of hormones in your body, so be kind to yourself.

I find that it helps to rest as and when I feel tired. Drink lots of water. I found that drinking 100 Plus helped, for some strange reason. Whatever it is, listen to your body!

Hi sisters! Thanks for guardian! Jia you ! Sorry check with you After you do Egg transfer , do you still feel bloatness and sore boobs? Worried we finished IVF got any side effect left in our body ?

Hi sisters! Thanks for guardian! Jia you ! Sorry check with you After you do Egg transfer , do you still feel bloatness and sore boobs? Worried we finished IVF got any side effect left in our body ?
If you have progesterone, chances are bloat and sore boobs may increase. There'll definitely be some chemicals still circulating in your body, depending on how much drugs you were put on.

I had 31 eggs extracted. Out of which 23 were mature. In the end, only 5 made it for fertilisation. I'm quite bummed. Really quite bummed. A bit worried that even those that fertilised won't be able to make it too :'(
Hey, don't worry. Think positive. All will be well.

After transfer, I had bloating for 5-6 days, sore boobs and worst of all.. constipation :(
Just keep urself hydrated, drink lots of water.

If you have progesterone, chances are bloat and sore boobs may increase. There'll definitely be some chemicals still circulating in your body, depending on how much drugs you were put on.
Hi sisters! The nurse said 1st injection will gave me two medication . After that 5 to 7 days is 3 medication to injection . Are you the same ? I already above 40 don’t know should I try to do IVF or not . Feel troubled should do or not .

Try not to worry too much for now. Nurses always told me you only need 1 good one to make it. Hoping the best for you.

My ER wasn't good as well and I only have this final one. Really praying hard it makes it through.

Congrats!!! What were ur symptoms after transfer?
Had cramps a few days after transfer. Boobs were hurting and was just constantly exhausted and hungry about a week or so after the transfer.

Didn't want to think too much of it and just thought it could be effects of the progesterone that I was on because they would make me feel the same. But I'm lucky it made it.

Hi sisters! The nurse said 1st injection will gave me two medication . After that 5 to 7 days is 3 medication to injection . Are you the same ? I already above 40 don’t know should I try to do IVF or not . Feel troubled should do or not .
Hey don't worry. I also had 2 injections for initial few days and then 3 after that. I was scared when nurse talked about injections, but believe me it's not that bad as you imagine.
I am 40 and doc suggested because of age/low AMH count, it's better to go for IVF. So don't think too much and stay positive.

Hi ladies. Is it true that the more eggs we get from ER meaning quality not gd. Previously for my previous cycle, I had 26 eggs using gonal F but in the end only get 1 day6 and 1day7 blastocyst and none succeeded. This time changed drug to menopur and only have 10eggs. The doctor schedule for day 5 blastocyst on sat. Then I asked the nurse I only have 10eggs and still wan proceed to day 5 blast? She mentioned that usually the more eggs we get the quality will drop. Is it true?

Hey don't worry. I also had 2 injections for initial few days and then 3 after that. I was scared when nurse talked about injections, but believe me it's not that bad as you imagine.
I am 40 and doc suggested because of age/low AMH count, it's better to go for IVF. So don't think too much and stay positive.
Hi sisters! I am already 49. Doctor said unless got donor egg even do IVF success rate not high. Feeling sad when the doctor said this . If I do , can I eat fruits from the fridge Bec they said the injection medication will cause bloatness .

Hi ladies. Is it true that the more eggs we get from ER meaning quality not gd. Previously for my previous cycle, I had 26 eggs using gonal F but in the end only get 1 day6 and 1day7 blastocyst and none succeeded. This time changed drug to menopur and only have 10eggs. The doctor schedule for day 5 blastocyst on sat. Then I asked the nurse I only have 10eggs and still wan proceed to day 5 blast? She mentioned that usually the more eggs we get the quality will drop. Is it true?
10 is a good number! The nurse is right to a certain extent

Hi sisters! I am already 49. Doctor said unless got donor egg even do IVF success rate not high. Feeling sad when the doctor said this . If I do , can I eat fruits from the fridge Bec they said the injection medication will cause bloatness .
I think u don't have to worry so much about whatever symptoms there may occur and just give it a go. Never try, never know.

I think it depends on individual response to the med. My last cycle yielded 16 oocytes which was the most out of my 4 cycles. It gave me 4 blasts. My other cycles retrieved about 15, 11 and 9 oocytes. Only 3 made it to blasts in the 1st cycle with 15 oocytes. For cycles 2 and 3, I nearly had nothing left at day 3 and they called me down for a transfer before day 5.

We have done the best we could and can only hope for the best outcome now. Dun think too much about it.

Hey but u have risk of OHSS, if do fresh transfer, your OHSS will be even worse, u know it can be life threatening right?
Yes i know... I'm the classic case of 要儿不要命

Jokes aside, I was quite sure it wouldn't happen as my response this time quite blunted. But anyway, it's moot point. Dr told me my progesterone was too high, way past the ideal level to facilitate a conducive lining so it would have been frozen cycle in any event.

I hope my 5 embryos make it .....

There is some literature to this effect, but I checked with my embryologist today and it doesn't seem like my high eggs yield had compromised my eggs. I guess it depends - as with all ivf things.....

As for day 3 or day 5... I think most Dr prefer day 5 these days as better rates of implantation. I have 5 embryos, 2 good ones and he has also suggested Day 5 . Wah... it was a very hard decision but I went with it because embryologist says blastocysts are better able to tolerate the freezing/thawing process.

There is some literature to this effect, but I checked with my embryologist today and it doesn't seem like my high eggs yield had compromised my eggs. I guess it depends - as with all ivf things.....

As for day 3 or day 5... I think most Dr prefer day 5 these days as better rates of implantation. I have 5 embryos, 2 good ones and he has also suggested Day 5 . Wah... it was a very hard decision but I went with it because embryologist says blastocysts are better able to tolerate the freezing/thawing process.
I support your decision too. Unless you are looking at multiple kids, it just needs a damn golden embryo to make it.

How many kids are you looking at, by the way? LOL

Hi there! Has anyone done Hysteroscopy or a Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery before transfer?
Are you referring to keyhole surgery? I did keyhole surgery (but not sure if it's robot assisted) in 2013 before transfer, to remove my waterlogged fallopian tube. I got pregnant the next month.

To be very honest, according to statistics, success probability is very low. Then again, look at Liu Ling Ling, she was in her 50s when she got her son. I would think that mental strength and perseverance work hand in hand too.

For dietary restrictions, if you are not comfortable and are hesitant about a certain food/temperature, dont eat it and be worry about it. For STIMM period, continue to up your protein with egg whites, meat and drink loads of water.

Yes, she's right. Quantity and quality usually do not go hand-in-hand.

It takes only one good embryo to succeed. Best is having 2-3 good ones so that you can store in the freezer, and go for the 2nd/3rd kid without going through the whole injection process. LOL

How is everyone doing?

I am on Day 9 on stims now. Age really does make a big difference. Just 5 years ago, my body went into OHSS with just 150 puregon. Now, doctor have to up it to 350 Gonal-F because the eggs are growing quite slowly.

Sigh.
No menopur? Yeah, 5 years is equivalent to 50 years to the female reproductive system. They age so much faster than us.

I support your decision too. Unless you are looking at multiple kids, it just needs a damn golden embryo to make it.

I have 2 kids le. All from my first cycle. Just trying for one more and close shop..2nd cycle no luck. haha. Anyway this is my 3rd cycle and last try. If dun hav then not trying le...

I have 2 kids le. All from my first cycle. Just trying for one more and close shop..2nd cycle no luck. haha. Anyway this is my 3rd cycle and last try. If dun hav then not trying le...
Nice! I'm still trying for no.2. Not as stressed as when trying for no. 1 but more like hope for 1 more at least so the kid has companionship.

Hey towkayneo! I want one more, but if God would give me 2 golden embryos, I would take all 3 kids! I love children muchie.....

I very gan chiong, called the clinic today to check on their progress. Seems like the 2 are still doing well. Hopefully by tomorrow, they will give me good news, tell me that my 2 babies are good for freezing. Really keeping my fingers crossed. Every step of the way is like some big battle liddat~~~

Hey towkayneo! I want one more, but if God would give me 2 golden embryos, I would take all 3 kids! I love children muchie.....

I very gan chiong, called the clinic today to check on their progress. Seems like the 2 are still doing well. Hopefully by tomorrow, they will give me good news, tell me that my 2 babies are good for freezing. Really keeping my fingers crossed. Every step of the way is like some big battle liddat~~~
Can la! should be good for freezing and thawing and implantation.

Have faith man!

Thank you! Will try!

How about you? Trying for your number (4)?
Yeah! I think if I were to wait it out, i think my eggs will deplete soon. My initial plan was to head to BKK to do it cos they are receptive to gender selection, now that there are so many restrictions plus the fear of getting covid, KKH is the only way out.

Can I check is it private then can check on the status? I'm from kkh? Nobody call me to update Mr the status.

Can I check is it private then can check on the status? I'm from kkh? Nobody call me to update Mr the status.
Usually they will not call you on the status UNLESS 1. you call in and the embryologist will call you back 2. Make a trip down to KKIVF level 3 3. when you are waiting for ET and the embryos seem to disintegrate, then they will quickly ask you to go down for immediate ET.

Usually they will not call you on the status UNLESS 1. you call in and the embryologist will call you back 2. Make a trip down to KKIVF level 3 3. when you are waiting for ET and the embryos seem to disintegrate, then they will quickly ask you to go down for immediate ET.
Oic. I'm waiting for blasyocyst transfer on sat. So nervous as only have 10 oocytes retrieved. They suppose to call me today to tell me the time for transfer on sat. Maybe I will ask the nurse when call me.

I got my Beta result today, it's negative. I was mentally prepared for it as got bleeding 2 days before test. Now have to go again for full cycle as don't have any embryo from last cycle :(...I was so sad since morning and just now my friend informed she is pregnant. Now am more depressed :(

So
I got my Beta result today, it's negative. I was mentally prepared for it as got bleeding 2 days before test. Now have to go again for full cycle as don't have any embryo from last cycle :(...I was so sad since morning and just now my friend informed she is pregnant. Now am more depressed :(
So sorry to hear that Claire. Grieve for a while but not too long, and then prepare your body for the fresh cycle OK. Hugz

Yeah! I think if I were to wait it out, i think my eggs will deplete soon. My initial plan was to head to BKK to do it cos they are receptive to gender selection, now that there are so many restrictions plus the fear of getting covid, KKH is the only way out.

Jiayou! When are you going?

Yup, all the best :)

Actually I tried calling ivf centre to ask the status of embryo. They told me only doctor can reveal the status. Is tat true?

Back