IVF/ICSI Support Group

This is a tricky part. If you can, try not to lift your #1 up after transfer. For the initial few days, good if you can rest. I heard that the 1st 2-3 days after ET is important (depending on day 3 or day 5 also), implantation happens during the golden period.
Yes I know.. I can't recall if I did carry my no.1 for my last failed tf.. but we all know its tough. Heart breaks when she cry for me to carry her also

Hi ladies! Just did my 3rd FET and today is 3dpt5d and when I insert and remove the crinone gel there was pinkish stain. Is it normal? Never really encounter this issue in my past transfers. TIA!

Hi ladies! Just did my 3rd FET and today is 3dpt5d and when I insert and remove the crinone gel there was pinkish stain. Is it normal? Never really encounter this issue in my past transfers. TIA!

I think is your cervix slightly irritated from the insertion. I have it before too. You just monitor again it should be nothing to worry about.

As cliché and as heartbreaking as it sounds, sometimes failing to get pregnant is better than suffering a miscarriage thereafter. We only know that the embryo grew well up to a point of day 2, 3 or 5 in the lab but remember, the embryo has to grow well for 40 weeks undergoing numerous transformations to become a baby. Early weeks of no implantation could be due to uterus issue or simply and most likely, the embryo is not viable beyond day 5, so don’t be so hard on yourself. I also only succeeded after 3 transfers.

It is good to take a break. I did so and my egg quality improved tremendously. Like others said, perhaps try tcm? It may just help. My tcm physician never allowed me to do ivf or any transfers unless there is a break of 6 mths in between so don’t work your body too hard as well. Yes, age is a factor but you yield a decent number of eggs, now is to focus on quality perhaps relook at the things you use or chemicals you get into contact with? The westerners are big on this and I did change out some products while ttcing. This ttc business is all about trial and error.

Most importantly, stay positive and happy. My tcm physician always tells me this. Staying happy helps with producing good eggs.
Can you recomend your tcm pls. I failed 2 IVFs. No clue which tcm to head to. 1st time trying for tcm. I just want to try one last time. So heartbreaking each failure

Hihi, is there any whatsapp group? If yes, can add me in? And any ivf doctor to recommend?
I am also looking for Whatsapp group as I am currently in my first IVF. Really hope there’s support group to encourage each other. My last few months going through IUI have been quite lonely... anyway I am currently with Prof PC Wong from NUH. He is really good, but their IVF services will temporarily halt for 6 months starting from end of April for renovation. If there’s no urgency you can still see him and try out IUI, or undergo the checkup if you haven’t done any... usually the thorough checkup will take 1 month, like blood test, HSG test, vaginal scan etc

Hi everyone, new to this thread. On my 3rd transfer cycle and currently in the agonising 2ww.... fingers very tightly crossed. Is there a Tele or WhatsApp group chat that we can join? Thanks and baby dust to all!

Hello! Yes, last attempt here haha... hopefully it works!

My frozen cycle failed the last time. now going through a fresh cycle. How about yourself?
Also trying for no.2, failed the last FET. Going for another FET soon. U went thru how many fresh cycle? Current batch of frosties are from my 5th fresh cycle.

Also trying for no.2, failed the last FET. Going for another FET soon. U went thru how many fresh cycle? Current batch of frosties are from my 5th fresh cycle.
Wow, you went for 5 retrievals? Mind to share how many cycles you took to conceive the first baby? I am going for my first FET in about 2-3 weeks. Still waiting for menses to come

Wow, you went for 5 retrievals? Mind to share how many cycles you took to conceive the first baby? I am going for my first FET in about 2-3 weeks. Still waiting for menses to come
My 1st baby is from my 4th cycle. Had a BFP before that but mc, can't rem was from which cycle though.. but both BFP was from FET.
I have little embryos hence have to go through so many cycles

My 1st baby is from my 4th cycle. Had a BFP before that but mc, can't rem was from which cycle though.. but both BFP was from FET.
I have little embryos hence have to go through so many cycles

I'm so happy for you, that you have so many frozen babies.

My story was part happy, part sad. My best blastocyst became my daughter (yay!) My remaining 3 turned dark. My final 2 were frozen, but didn't survive the thaw. So after my last surviving frozen baby failed to implant, I have to restart all over again lor....

I hope we both succeed again =)

I'm so happy for you, that you have so many frozen babies.

My story was part happy, part sad. My best blastocyst became my daughter (yay!) My remaining 3 turned dark. My final 2 were frozen, but didn't survive the thaw. So after my last surviving frozen baby failed to implant, I have to restart all over again lor....

I hope we both succeed again =)
Congrats to both of you and all the best! After failed 4 IUIs (1 positive but ended up chemical pregnancy), I didn’t want to wish more, just hope to have 1 healthy baby. It’s so scary when I kept failing and I was really about to lose faith if I can ever get the chance to become a mom one day. But thanks to you all, there’s some hope. Anyway my menses just came today!!! Most likely ET in 2 weeks time. I considered myself lucky. First retrieval I have 6 blastocyst. Not sure if they will make it through the thawing process... really hope I can succeed first time. Did you do anything different in your lifestyle?

That's great! You must take care of yourself now and try to have conducive body for your frozen babies to grow ok :) Don't despair. There are many stories on this forum, about ladies who have had many many tries, and there's one Spinsterella, who had one egg. One! And that One worked! It was the most amazing story ever and her story gave me so much hope back then. We do not know what will be your outcome, but stay positive ok!

As for what I do.... first time round I was very on. I had already started preparing many months before, eating Chinese herbs, preconception multi vits yada yada.. This time I am considered very slack liao o_O Only thing I'm taking are the folic and some other vits the doc made me take.

That said, this time round I am taking more steps to make my experience less stressful. Previously I was really very stressed. Cos I had to keep the treatment secret (DH didn't want anyone else to know), I also didn't really expect that many injections, and my reaction to them o_O I was so stressed I cried at work LOL

This time I came clean with my boss about what I'm doing, and told my boss the days when I may be out of action. If need be, I just took leave when I felt quite sick from the hormonal imbalance. I also decided to go private, where they can accommodate my scan and injection timings. I feel much more relaxed this time.

That's great! You must take care of yourself now and try to have conducive body for your frozen babies to grow ok :) Don't despair. There are many stories on this forum, about ladies who have had many many tries, and there's one Spinsterella, who had one egg. One! And that One worked! It was the most amazing story ever and her story gave me so much hope back then. We do not know what will be your outcome, but stay positive ok!

As for what I do.... first time round I was very on. I had already started preparing many months before, eating Chinese herbs, preconception multi vits yada yada.. This time I am considered very slack liao o_O Only thing I'm taking are the folic and some other vits the doc made me take.

That said, this time round I am taking more steps to make my experience less stressful. Previously I was really very stressed. Cos I had to keep the treatment secret (DH didn't want anyone else to know), I also didn't really expect that many injections, and my reaction to them o_O I was so stressed I cried at work LOL

This time I came clean with my boss about what I'm doing, and told my boss the days when I may be out of action. If need be, I just took leave when I felt quite sick from the hormonal imbalance. I also decided to go private, where they can accommodate my scan and injection timings. I feel much more relaxed this time.
Which doc are u with now? By the way how old is your girl now? How do u handle her during your tww the last transfer?

Which doc are u with now? By the way how old is your girl now? How do u handle her during your tww the last transfer?
She's 5 :)

I just did everything normally, actually. I rested for a few days and after that, I just lived my life normally. Maybe I should have just rested for the whole 2 weeks as I did for my fresh cycles - perhaps outcome would have been diff? haha

I was with Dr Sheila Loh, but she suddenly had to go on long MC. We had no choice but to quickly change. Now we are with Dr. Tan HH

She's 5 :)

I just did everything normally, actually. I rested for a few days and after that, I just lived my life normally. Maybe I should have just rested for the whole 2 weeks as I did for my fresh cycles - perhaps outcome would have been diff? haha

I was with Dr Sheila Loh, but she suddenly had to go on long MC. We had no choice but to quickly change. Now we are with Dr. Tan HH
Nice. If I didn't have the mc, my child would have been 5 too...

How u manage ur child? Did u have to carry her etc? My kid is 2+, the very sticky stage. Abit hard to not carry her at all

Thank you so much.
Can I check if you got injected with Triptorelin on day 12/13 of your previous cycle prior to starting Progynova? I had that injection to time my menses but my menses just came briefly yesterday with some clots and ended on the same day. Wondering if this is normal.

Congrats to both of you and all the best! After failed 4 IUIs (1 positive but ended up chemical pregnancy), I didn’t want to wish more, just hope to have 1 healthy baby. It’s so scary when I kept failing and I was really about to lose faith if I can ever get the chance to become a mom one day. But thanks to you all, there’s some hope. Anyway my menses just came today!!! Most likely ET in 2 weeks time. I considered myself lucky. First retrieval I have 6 blastocyst. Not sure if they will make it through the thawing process... really hope I can succeed first time. Did you do anything different in your lifestyle?
I would say not much diff for the positive round. But the usual advise of refrain from cold drinks. Wow u went through 4 IUIs.. I did 1 so iui and went to ivf le. Didn't want to waste time and $$

Thank you so much.
Can I check if you got injected with Triptorelin on day 12/13 of your previous cycle prior to starting Progynova? I had that injection to time my menses but my menses just came briefly yesterday with some clots and ended on the same day. Wondering if this is normal.
No le, never used such medicines before. Sorry can't help! Can call up the clinic to ask?

Nice. If I didn't have the mc, my child would have been 5 too...

How u manage ur child? Did u have to carry her etc? My kid is 2+, the very sticky stage. Abit hard to not carry her at all
I didn't really carry my child, but sometimes bo bian, I will just sit down and put her on my lap. I think it's hard on the kids at that age, they still need a lot of lap time!

How is everyone doing?

I am on Day 9 on stims now. Age really does make a big difference. Just 5 years ago, my body went into OHSS with just 150 puregon. Now, doctor have to up it to 350 Gonal-F because the eggs are growing quite slowly.

Sigh.

How is everyone doing?

I am on Day 9 on stims now. Age really does make a big difference. Just 5 years ago, my body went into OHSS with just 150 puregon. Now, doctor have to up it to 350 Gonal-F because the eggs are growing quite slowly.

Sigh.
True, age matters a lot. Today is 7dp5dt for me, next Thursday I have my beta test. I had 8 embryos but only 1 was gud enuf to be transferred. Rest they said not of good quality... may be because of my age .. Just waiting and keeping fingers crossed

Hi! Im at my first IVF fresh cycle. May I know for Egg retrieval, will i be given HL for the day? Or more than 1 day, to cover the transfer too??

Hi! Im at my first IVF fresh cycle. May I know for Egg retrieval, will i be given HL for the day? Or more than 1 day, to cover the transfer too??
even if it's a frozen cycle, you should prob still get 3 to 5 days I believe. The aftermath of the egg retrieval was very painful for me, so I definitely would need time to rest!

True, age matters a lot. Today is 7dp5dt for me, next Thursday I have my beta test. I had 8 embryos but only 1 was gud enuf to be transferred. Rest they said not of good quality... may be because of my age .. Just waiting and keeping fingers crossed

Jiayou! The fact that there is 1 good enough for transfer is good sign. Hope to hear good news from you!

Oh dear hope u recover soon. I rem mine was not so bad. I only took 1 day HL cos i wanna save for post transfer.
Is it because u have alot of oocytes?
I had OHSS the first time.... I think it's round 2 of OHSS now :( Dr was quite insistent that I shouldn't do fresh transfer so it's freeze all.... hoping my eggs made it to become viable embryos

Back