IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thks Anonymousjane for your reply. I failed many rounds so I'm suspecting could be the sperm was too weak. Do not know how long more I can preserve. IVF can be very mentally torturing.

Try to improve your egg quality by changing your diet. Sperm is not as important as egg quality.

Thks towkayneo. He has tried all these but still doesn't work. Results are getting worst. I read through all the advises given by all the past fourumer here but result still the same. Many has already long graduated from this thread and I'm still struggling here. Not easy.

That is great to hear! I’m just coming back from my Day 15 scan and lining is only 5mm. This is my second FET cycle, and previous one was also cancelled due to thin lining. I’m on 10mg progynova and patches still this is where I get to.
How many cycles did it take you to hit 8mm?

u may want to consider stim jab to help. A fren took stim jab to increase lining n managed to hit 8mm. She tried to increase progesterone med n patches but none work. I am not sure how it works. u may want to check with your dr.

This is what I thought too but doctor is disappointed with his result.
Did the doctor confirm it is a sperm issue? Did he do further DNA/ blood test to check if there is a genetic issue...

Plus what are the embryo/ blast quality like, did you consider PGS?

Hi Anonymousjane, he has done some blood tests. Mine all D2 embryo. Don't have enough embryo to do PGS. Sometimes really worry that all these hormones jabs will bring further harm to our bodies.

Ya I’m also worried abt the harm the chemicals and hormonal Med can do to our body. But can’t think much right? Did you try acupuncture ? It works for me and clear the clots.

Ya I’m also worried abt the harm the chemicals and hormonal Med can do to our body. But can’t think much right? Did you try acupuncture ? It works for me and clear the clots.
I agree with u. Tried already, acupuncture quite stressful for me as I'm so afraid of the needles. Wonder how u overcome those darkness period of your ttc?

I agree with u. Tried already, acupuncture quite stressful for me as I'm so afraid of the needles. Wonder how u overcome those darkness period of your ttc?
Jus stay focused cos I told myself I have to keep trying. There’s also many successful stories here and their stories kept me moving. 1 lady much younger than me has multiple losses and she’s a mother of 2 now. So she motivated me a lot. I’m also scared of needles leh.. esp after undergoing ivf. But tell yourself it’s only that moment. I’ve been through labour pain and Mc.. what’s all these pain right? Acupuncture should work for u. I only did 3 months and I think it helps. I used to visit EYS paragon who gave me Med without acupuncture. Doesn’t help. I recently changed to this Tcm who made me do acupuncture almost weekly.. I can feel the effect .. hang in there..

Same goes to me. I read from those previous forumer that keep me trying. Having failed so many cycles can really put a person into depression. I had a hard time overcoming all these failures. Tried almost everything all the fighters in this forum had tried. Previously this thread is very active but not now.

Ordered by doctor because the med can lower it down quite substantially. So need to ensure it does not go too low. Since mine was not so high, hence the lower dosage.
Okay thanks! I just collected medicine today. Was given 2 kind, one for weekends only and one for weekdays. Hopefully my TSH will drop within accepted range and I can start my ivf journey soon!

It was a long story, I had D&C prior, hence the lining was thin. It took me about 1 failed fresh, 2 failed frozen before I got the BFP (But it's all within one batch).

I cannot remember how much progynova I was on, but possible to increase on your end?
Thanks for your reply. I also had a D&C an year ago and since then my periods are very scanty and only for 2 days. I think my lining has been thin since then. Don’t know how Long it will take for the lining to recover?
Yes I could maybe increase the dose of progynova.

Hi lovelies,
Those who have tried PGS testing - did any of you recieve the results like “high mosaic” or “No DNA detected” - curious to know if you know how to interpret these, since it’s not outright abnormal but neither normal also.

That is great to hear! I’m just coming back from my Day 15 scan and lining is only 5mm. This is my second FET cycle, and previous one was also cancelled due to thin lining. I’m on 10mg progynova and patches still this is where I get to.
How many cycles did it take you to hit 8mm?
Hi Puzzle,
I had problems to achieve good lining when I was on medicated FET with proganova, my doc had to keep increase my dosage to push it through somehow..but end up I had very bad side effects like migraine and sore breasts. Surprisingly, when I was not any medication, my lining can get quite good n even c triple lining. This was achieved few times during TOO attempts (b4 I went for IVF) n even in my recent scan after I m recovering from my previous m/c. I really can't understand why too. Doc thinks maybe I felt stress up when I knew I m going for IVF/IUI. Not sure if anyone else had such experience too.

Hi lovelies,
Those who have tried PGS testing - did any of you recieve the results like “high mosaic” or “No DNA detected” - curious to know if you know how to interpret these, since it’s not outright abnormal but neither normal also.
I think they will put it quite straightforward - to transfer or not to transfer.

1580782923574.png

Thanks for your reply. I also had a D&C an year ago and since then my periods are very scanty and only for 2 days. I think my lining has been thin since then. Don’t know how Long it will take for the lining to recover?
Ok, I'm not sure how long will it take for the lining to recover. For myself, I guess 9 months of no menses makes the lining nice and thick.

D&C is the bane of all linings.

Hi Anonymousjane, he has done some blood tests. Mine all D2 embryo. Don't have enough embryo to do PGS. Sometimes really worry that all these hormones jabs will bring further harm to our bodies.
definitely more or less yes. in fact when you sign the forms to go ahead with IVF, breast cancer risk is one of the considerations. It's part and parcel of this whole baby package.

definitely more or less yes. in fact when you sign the forms to go ahead with IVF, breast cancer risk is one of the considerations. It's part and parcel of this whole baby package.
I personally think there is a link between breast cancer & IVF after too many attempts.

Given the nod to go ahead for FET this mth end.. Anything to note or eat/drink prior to menses other than folic acid, proteins, red bean soup?

Thanks!
I was wondering as there are many experts online who say not recommended embryos also have a fair chance of self correcting once they implant, and so they advocate against PGS testing which ends discarding embryos which could have had a chance.
I have that thought too, cos my #1 and #2 came from the last 2 embryos from 2 different batches respectively. I would have thought they might have failed the PGS. My purpose of going for this PGS thing is to find out the gender before transferring.

My blood test is tomorrow. However, I been having spotting on and off since Sunday till now. A bit nervous though. Anyone encounter spotting before blood test?

I have that thought too, cos my #1 and #2 came from the last 2 embryos from 2 different batches respectively. I would have thought they might have failed the PGS. My purpose of going for this PGS thing is to find out the gender before transferring.
Are u going for another cycle?

Yes.. it can happen. I did hpt before the BT, when its positive, went to see the doctor to get more support
Unfortunately, my first ivf cycle has failed. Was a bit down and mentally exhausted due to the hormone drugs. Going to rest my body for several months before the next cycle.
Any suggestions on how to prepare the body better for the next cycle for the implantation? Like diet etc - higher protein and acupuncture

I have 2 frozen embryos but they are grade C. Although the hospital said that the grading of the embryo does not constitute to the success rate. However, I read it from online that grade C does not stand a substantial chance for implantation. Any one has grade C embryo transferred and have a baby?

Unfortunately, my first ivf cycle has failed. Was a bit down and mentally exhausted due to the hormone drugs. Going to rest my body for several months before the next cycle.
Any suggestions on how to prepare the body better for the next cycle for the implantation? Like diet etc - higher protein and acupuncture

I have 2 frozen embryos but they are grade C. Although the hospital said that the grading of the embryo does not constitute to the success rate. However, I read it from online that grade C does not stand a substantial chance for implantation. Any one has grade C embryo transferred and have a baby?
Rest well but not too long. Time is essence in this IVF game

Hi,
I had a miscarriage in Nov last year, likely a chemical pregnancy. However my menses cycle is still in quite screw up state even till now. I had continuous spotting for 2 cycles. N as for my last cycle, I had some light spotting in between. Initial plan is to try FET again in April, meaning that I need to start mercilion soon (as per NUH clinic). But due to my current body condition, I m thinking if to push back further. N also with the recent coronavirus episode, I felt worried too, as I read that NUH may pause any procedure if the situation get more severe. Any advice ?

I tried promegranate juice n added beet root in my juice to help.

I had 13mm triple, prior to that was 9mm during transfer.

Have you tried reading up "it starts with the egg"

Back